• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

ok now my div box wont show up
uggh this is hard
[d iv= background:url(https:/ /imageshack.com/a/img923/6217/mrgfhy.jpg); back ground-size: cover; border: 7p x dotted; color: #778899; pa dding: 28px;] [/d iv]

Last edited by a moderator:
ok now my div box wont show up
uggh this is hard
[d iv= background:url(HTTP breaking image.)] back ground-size: cover; border: 7p x dotted; color: #778899; pa dding: 28px;] [/d iv]
Because of the spaces, hun.

Text

Code:
[div= background:url(HTTP breaking image); back ground-size: cover; border: 7p x dotted; color: #778899; pa dding: 28px;] text[/div]
However, all images for the backgrounds need to be https for it to work correctly. I'd upload it to Rpn's gallery and then use that url.

Last edited by a moderator:
full
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam euismod augue sapien, vitae lacinia felis vestibulum a. Vestibulum placerat ultricies placerat. Mauris dignissim tempus justo a lacinia. Nam eros justo, tempor sagittis ultricies consectetur, fermentum sed nisi. Vivamus convallis molestie sem, id hendrerit quam faucibus at. Nullam dui lorem, vestibulum in arcu a, commodo gravida libero. Vestibulum tincidunt, tortor eu commodo luctus, dui risus finibus sapien, sit amet gravida lacus enim non nisl. Sed tempus tincidunt velit, eu blandit massa laoreet tempor. Vivamus mollis mi vel sem finibus pellentesque. Cras nisl quam, mattis a tincidunt id, ultrices et augue. Phasellus tincidunt tincidunt diam, at hendrerit arcu euismod vel. Aenean a magna eget ex aliquet semper viverra id dolor. Morbi condimentum urna sit amet augue molestie, eget consectetur massa ultricies.

Code:
[imageFloat=left][HEIGHTRESTRICT=400][img]https://www.rpnation.com/media/bg-blue.24726/full?d=1490285904[/img][/HEIGHTRESTRICT][/imageFloat]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam euismod augue sapien, vitae lacinia felis vestibulum a. Vestibulum placerat ultricies placerat. Mauris dignissim tempus justo a lacinia. Nam eros justo, tempor sagittis ultricies consectetur, fermentum sed nisi. Vivamus convallis molestie sem, id hendrerit quam faucibus at. Nullam dui lorem, vestibulum in arcu a, commodo gravida libero. Vestibulum tincidunt, tortor eu commodo luctus, dui risus finibus sapien, sit amet gravida lacus enim non nisl. Sed tempus tincidunt velit, eu blandit massa laoreet tempor. Vivamus mollis mi vel sem finibus pellentesque. Cras nisl quam, mattis a tincidunt id, ultrices et augue. Phasellus tincidunt tincidunt diam, at hendrerit arcu euismod vel. Aenean a magna eget ex aliquet semper viverra id dolor. Morbi condimentum urna sit amet augue molestie, eget consectetur massa ultricies.

Please be sure the utilize the BBCode Tutorial as this basically comes from there.

well idk why but it's still not working
spaces at so you can see the code
[image Float=left] [HEIGHT RESRT ICT=400]
mrgfhy.jpg
[/HEIGHTRE SRTICT] [/imageFloat]

One more thing, then I should be done for a few hours at least: I got code from someone to float an image, and I tried using it, and it didn't work. This is what happens:
2a89a04da8022f6e89764ce0253391e2edf30691.html
And this is the code:
Code:
[imageFloat=right][IMG]https://clipartfest.com/download/2a89a04da8022f6e89764ce0253391e2edf30691.html[/IMG][/imageFloat]

One more thing, then I should be done for a few hours at least: I got code from someone to float an image, and I tried using it, and it didn't work. This is what happens:
2a89a04da8022f6e89764ce0253391e2edf30691.html
And this is the code:
Code:
[imageFloat=right][IMG]https://clipartfest.com/download/2a89a04da8022f6e89764ce0253391e2edf30691.html[/IMG][/imageFloat]
That's because you are trying to use an HTML page as the image. Here is the corrected version:

d6ca4191650cb3ae5c12bf1a4324f01e_1000-images-about-clipart-fr-clipart-girl-with-brown-hair-and-green-eyes-and-glasses_360-504.jpeg
Code:
Code:
[IMAGEFLOAT=right][IMG]https://img.clipartfest.com/d6ca4191650cb3ae5c12bf1a4324f01e_1000-images-about-clipart-fr-clipart-girl-with-brown-hair-and-green-eyes-and-glasses_360-504.jpeg[/IMG][/IMAGEFLOAT]

See also this thread for additional information.
CLEAR

Quick question, How do I post code? I want to post some freebies, but I'm not sure how to post the code so that others can use it.

just wondering, how do i go about overlapping text over div boxes? (i mean, is it even possible?)
for clarification, i want to recreate this look:
history.png

just wondering, how do i go about overlapping text over div boxes? (i mean, is it even possible?)
View attachment 307563
You'll have to use relative/absolute positioning (with the CSS position attribute) to achieve the effect, in combination with div tags. There might be other ways, using negative margins and floats, but that seems like the simplest way to me.

You'll have to use relative/absolute positioning (with the CSS position attribute) to achieve the effect, in combination with div tags. There might be other ways, using negative margins and floats, but that seems like the simplest way to me.
all right, thank you!

View attachment 307563
Here is a quickie;

Header
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.

Code:
[div=position:relative;z-index:1;border:2px solid black; width:300px; height:300px; margin:auto;]
[div=position:absolute:z-index:2;font-size:60px;margin-top:-70px;margin-left:-30px;text-shadow: 3px 1px 0px rgba(199, 177, 57, 1);][font=Pacifico]Header[/font][/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.[/div]

Here is a quickie;

Header
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.

Code:
[div=position:relative;z-index:1;border:2px solid black; width:300px; height:300px; margin:auto;]
[div=position:absolute:z-index:2;font-size:60px;margin-top:-70px;margin-left:-30px;text-shadow: 3px 1px 0px rgba(199, 177, 57, 1);][font=Pacifico]Header[/font][/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.[/div]
Just a small note, changing the z-index won't work here because the second div is a child of the first one - since the parent's z-index is already set; z-index is complicated when dealing with positioned elements anyway, I always forget the rules associated with it.

Although, now that I think about it, you might not need any positioning at all (re-using Fyuri's code since it's pretty good):

Header

Code:
[div=border: 2px solid black; width: 300px; height: 300px; margin: 40px auto;]
[div=font-size:60px; margin-top:-70px; margin-left:-30px; text-shadow: 3px 1px 0px rgba(199, 177, 57, 1);][font=Pacifico]Header[/font][/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.[/div]

Sorry about that, I was mistaken earlier. You would need positioning if you wanted to make more complicated arrangements of text, but not for just shifting it up and to the left.

Just a small note, changing the z-index won't work here because the second div is a child of the first one - since the parent's z-index is already set; z-index is complicated when dealing with positioned elements anyway, I always forget the rules associated with it.

Although, now that I think about it, you might not need any positioning at all (re-using Fyuri's code since it's pretty good):

Header

Code:
[div=border: 2px solid black; width: 300px; height: 300px; margin: 40px auto;]
[div=font-size:60px; margin-top:-70px; margin-left:-30px; text-shadow: 3px 1px 0px rgba(199, 177, 57, 1);][font=Pacifico]Header[/font][/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed sagittis faucibus vestibulum.[/div]

Sorry about that, I was mistaken earlier. You would need positioning if you wanted to make more complicated arrangements of text, but not for just shifting it up and to the left.

The fallout from 60 second coding; throwing in everything but the kitchen sink on first drafts. :D

hey, i have a stupid question (again) but i'm lazy and don't want to figure it out. how do i do the scroll-y picture with the div box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back