• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

THX :) I didnt know it was against xD then again i never read ToS or rarely.

OK! thanks a lot :)
It was brought up to me when I wanted the same thing back when the site was on IPS and we could use css/html. X3 After reading it myself it was a big "oh, well crap."

It was brought up to me when I wanted the same thing back when the site was on IPS and we could use css/html. X3 After reading it myself it was a big "oh, well crap."
hehe i didnt understand what this meant xD
Like, it doesn't work? XD So the only thing that works is google drive? XD

Soundcloud works as well. :3 As for the play button, I use the font awesome icons. You can see those in the BBCode Guide; https://www.rpnation.com/bbcode/
Oh coool :3
Omg im so sorry for all those questions but that's DEFINITELY THE LAST ONE.

So I found the fa thing i want. I chose the youtube.

Code:
[fa]fa-youtube-play[/fa]

But I would like the SoundCloud track to be link and play when we press that youtube play button. Like your CS.
Code:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/cansu-akag-nd-z/goksel-ruzgar[/soundcloud]

How do i combine both?

Oh coool :3
Omg im so sorry for all those questions but that's DEFINITELY THE LAST ONE.

So I found the fa thing i want. I chose the youtube.

Code:
[fa]fa-youtube-play[/fa]

But I would like the SoundCloud track to be link and play when we press that youtube play button. Like your CS.
Code:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/cansu-akag-nd-z/goksel-ruzgar[/soundcloud]

How do i combine both?
You'd need to use divs, overlaying a div atop the soundcloud player to as to hide it, then using pointer-events:none; so the overlay can be clicked through to start the music. You'd need to position the overlay with the icon exactly where you want it to be as well.

You'd need to use divs, overlaying a div atop the soundcloud player to as to hide it, then using pointer-events:none; so the overlay can be clicked through to start the music. You'd need to position the overlay with the icon exactly where you want it to be as well.
O_O

Ok I will try.
Thanks a bunch!

hahahha I was wondering why you weren't sending me the code instead of describing it, then after lurking your thread with free and not free bbcodes, I realized that Harley Quinn CS which is the only one with that play button WASNT FREE TO USEEEEE *lamentation*:(
Now make sense xD

fk lol... I have to figure this out myself *cries in the corner*

hahahha I was wondering why you weren't sending me the code instead of describing it, then after lurking your thread with free and not free bbcodes, I realized that Harley Quinn CS which is the only one with that play button WASNT FREE TO USEEEEE *lamentation*:(
Now make sense xD

fk lol... I have to figure this out myself *cries in the corner*
Honestly, I am on like cold medicine right now and super loopy/tired. YOU DONT WANT ME TO CODE! It'd be a mess and broken most likely. X3

Honestly, I am on like cold medicine right now and super loopy/tired. YOU DONT WANT ME TO CODE! It'd be a mess and broken most likely. X3
Hahaha no worries. I was just kidding around really. I have to try and put efforts into that stuff O_O But it fucks with my brain so bad... I can't learn any languages. Nothing O_O

Okay, how about a mini tutorial?

[media=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sampura/the-story-so-far-placeholder[/media]

So we have this SoundCloud embed we want to mutilate.

First, we have to crop it so that only the play button is showing.

[div=position: relative; width: 60px; height: 60px; overflow: hidden;]
[div=width: 200%; opacity: 0;]

[media=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sampura/the-story-so-far-placeholder[/media]

[/div]

[/div]

Like so. (minus the spaces and the line breaks)

The first div specifies the dimensions of the crop (width: 60px; height: 60px;) and the actual cropping (overflow: hidden). position: relative; is there for positioning coming up next.

Since the embed is 50% the width of its container, another div is added at 200% width to pull it to 100%. (2 x 0.5 = 1). The div is also used to make it invisible (opacity: 0;), but we'll be keeping it as is for now.

Next, we have to overlay the button with our own button.

[div=position: relative; width: 60px; height: 60px; overflow: hidden;]

[div=width: 200%; opacity: 0;]

[/div]

[div=position: absolute; left: 0; top: 0; pointer-events: none; font-size: 45px; padding-left: 15px; padding-top: 1px;]

[fa]fa-play[/fa]

[/div]

[/div]

position: absolute; left: 0; top: 0; overlays our icon on top of the embed. The position: relative; on the first div prevents this from spilling out into the great unknown and disrupting the rest of the page.
pointer-events: none; makes it so that we can click through the icon.
font-size: 45px; specifies the icon's size. This should be changed depending on the icon and your preferences.
padding-left: 15px; padding-top: 1px; pushes the icon around until it's centered. This should be changed depending on the icon and its size.

And that's it! Shouldn't be too hard to understand. Hope that helps somewhat.

(with opacity set to 0)

I'm trying to make the two yellow boxes into scroll boxes, but the two things that have worked for me in the past are not working here at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried adding [height:250px; y-overflow:scroll;] to the two div boxes and it shrinks the yellow box but the text still overflows.

I'm convinced that bbcode hates me and that it's impossible to learn.

Can someone help me, please?

Code:
[bg=black][border=3px double goldenrod][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/868c6b1caf0acc4b1ce8b4aa6e43655a.png[/img][/center]

[centerblock=99][row][column=span4][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/72c510f7d75de5aa19631abbffeac278.png[/img][/center]

[div=background-color: goldenrod; width: 95%; padding: 10px;][sh][font=Adamina]How it Started[/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme]It started as three pirates who became three captains. One of them never made it off the island and a new captain came in. The second perished on the first stop. However, back when all three were together, they made a pact that started everything - they made a bet on who could get to the greatest treasure of them all first. Only one remains to get there, but that does not mean the race is over. There are still three crews and there can only be one pirate ruler. 

The first chapter found our pirate crews on the island of Mirstone. Crews formed, the captains made friends and they made their fair share of enemies too. Marines showed up and complicated the situation. Pirates were pursued, bounties were gained, and in the end, the island blew up before anyone could find what they had come to find in the first place - legend had it there was a map to the One Piece. Of course, legend was inaccurate. It still served to spur on the next great pirate era, though, and now millions of pirates who escaped with their lives all flock to the Grand Line. Our crews are no exception. 

Each made their first stop before reaching reverse mountain and our West Blue Trio Arcs ensued from there. The Shattercrest Pirates have encountered an island where the menace haunting the town is a new breed of being… something not quite alive and something definitely at least partially mechanical. The Red Wave Pirates have encountered an island where animals are being captured when some of their own crew members have pets. And the Red Ribbon Pirates have stumbled upon an age old artifact that islanders are trying to hide from marines… and from a mystery thief. Time will only be able to tell what fate has in store.[/font][/centerblock][/div][/column]
[column=span4][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/45b321afda1cb5f67bc4bee5a18995e5.png[/img][/center]

[div=background-color: goldenrod; width: 95%; padding: 10px; scroll: 250px;][sh][font=Adamina]Where it's Heading[/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme]I think you’ll find that the [url=https://www.rpnation.com/threads/new-world-times.297677/]New World Times[/url] has many secrets of what is coming up next to share with you. Yes, the first article does summarize what happened in Mirstone (although the Marines may tell a different tale than the tale that actually unfolded on the island), but beyond that you’ll find that the smaller non-headline articles are ones that share many details of the world we’ve woven for this story to take place in. 

In the New World - the second half of the Grand Line - there’s a crew of pirates who are slowly gaining notoriety and becoming feared by all others. If there’s one thing that the World Government has to be afraid of, it is what would happen if the four Pirate Emperors all teamed up and that’s something that this up and coming new captain might very well be trying to brew. Not to mention that the rumors of this new emperor’s age make him even more potentially dangerous. Who knows where that storyline could lead?

Furthermore, there are some hints to events closer to where our current crews find themselves. Just within the first few islands of the Grand Line, there’s a different sort of mysterious trouble brewing and this kind of trouble is turning the water black and thick. The marines haven’t made a move on it yet because many of them are still occupied cleaning up Mirstone and rounding up escapees, but it’s definitely something our three crews won’t be able to avoid when they finally reach the Grand Line. If they reach it… who knows what could be waiting just on the other side of Reverse Mountain? With this story going the way it is, you can be sure that even crossing the mountain won’t be as easy as it seems.[/font][/centerblock][/div][/column][/row][/centerblock]

[sh][font=Adamina][color=white]How To Join[/color][/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme][color=white]Now that is a marvelous question and we’d love to see your inner pirate join one of our crews! To join the roleplay, first you should have a good idea of what kind of roleplayer we’re looking for. We are a detailed roleplay and we expect members of our story to be able to write two paragraphs or more. We also expect members of our roleplay to be able to post at least once every week and to actively converse with us in the OOC. We are picky about characters and we work hard to make sure that no characters are overpowered so that everyone can have a chance to shine. 

It’s probably helpful for me to clarify who I mean by ‘we.’ This roleplay is run by a Storyteller Team of myself, [USER=1070]@AllHailDago[/USER] and [USER=1197]@shadowdude505[/USER]. Each of us plays the captain of a crew and each of us works together to weave the story that will no doubt sweep your characters into its malestrom. 

Beyond that, joining is actually quite simple. Make sure you read [url=https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-pirate-code.210276/]The Pirate Code[/url] because those are the rules of the roleplay. Then anyone is welcome to submit a character [url=https://www.rpnation.com/forums/characters.342/]here[/url] and the Storytellers will evaluate your submission and PM you in regards to whether or not you are accepted. You want to know another awesome thing? No one is ever outright denied. If your character doesn’t make the cut, we do everything we can to help you bring your character within acceptable limits so that you’re able to join. 

If One Piece is an anime you love or if a pirate adventure sounds like something you would enjoy partaking in, come check us out! Come aboard, and bring along all your hopes and dreams because together we will find everything that we’re lookin’ for! There’s always room for you![/color][/font][/centerblock][/border][/bg]
868c6b1caf0acc4b1ce8b4aa6e43655a.png

72c510f7d75de5aa19631abbffeac278.png

How it Started
It started as three pirates who became three captains. One of them never made it off the island and a new captain came in. The second perished on the first stop. However, back when all three were together, they made a pact that started everything - they made a bet on who could get to the greatest treasure of them all first. Only one remains to get there, but that does not mean the race is over. There are still three crews and there can only be one pirate ruler.

The first chapter found our pirate crews on the island of Mirstone. Crews formed, the captains made friends and they made their fair share of enemies too. Marines showed up and complicated the situation. Pirates were pursued, bounties were gained, and in the end, the island blew up before anyone could find what they had come to find in the first place - legend had it there was a map to the One Piece. Of course, legend was inaccurate. It still served to spur on the next great pirate era, though, and now millions of pirates who escaped with their lives all flock to the Grand Line. Our crews are no exception.

Each made their first stop before reaching reverse mountain and our West Blue Trio Arcs ensued from there. The Shattercrest Pirates have encountered an island where the menace haunting the town is a new breed of being… something not quite alive and something definitely at least partially mechanical. The Red Wave Pirates have encountered an island where animals are being captured when some of their own crew members have pets. And the Red Ribbon Pirates have stumbled upon an age old artifact that islanders are trying to hide from marines… and from a mystery thief. Time will only be able to tell what fate has in store.
45b321afda1cb5f67bc4bee5a18995e5.png

Where it's Heading
I think you’ll find that the New World Times has many secrets of what is coming up next to share with you. Yes, the first article does summarize what happened in Mirstone (although the Marines may tell a different tale than the tale that actually unfolded on the island), but beyond that you’ll find that the smaller non-headline articles are ones that share many details of the world we’ve woven for this story to take place in.

In the New World - the second half of the Grand Line - there’s a crew of pirates who are slowly gaining notoriety and becoming feared by all others. If there’s one thing that the World Government has to be afraid of, it is what would happen if the four Pirate Emperors all teamed up and that’s something that this up and coming new captain might very well be trying to brew. Not to mention that the rumors of this new emperor’s age make him even more potentially dangerous. Who knows where that storyline could lead?

Furthermore, there are some hints to events closer to where our current crews find themselves. Just within the first few islands of the Grand Line, there’s a different sort of mysterious trouble brewing and this kind of trouble is turning the water black and thick. The marines haven’t made a move on it yet because many of them are still occupied cleaning up Mirstone and rounding up escapees, but it’s definitely something our three crews won’t be able to avoid when they finally reach the Grand Line. If they reach it… who knows what could be waiting just on the other side of Reverse Mountain? With this story going the way it is, you can be sure that even crossing the mountain won’t be as easy as it seems.

How To Join
Now that is a marvelous question and we’d love to see your inner pirate join one of our crews! To join the roleplay, first you should have a good idea of what kind of roleplayer we’re looking for. We are a detailed roleplay and we expect members of our story to be able to write two paragraphs or more. We also expect members of our roleplay to be able to post at least once every week and to actively converse with us in the OOC. We are picky about characters and we work hard to make sure that no characters are overpowered so that everyone can have a chance to shine.

It’s probably helpful for me to clarify who I mean by ‘we.’ This roleplay is run by a Storyteller Team of myself, AllHailDago AllHailDago and shadowdude505 shadowdude505 . Each of us plays the captain of a crew and each of us works together to weave the story that will no doubt sweep your characters into its malestrom.

Beyond that, joining is actually quite simple. Make sure you read The Pirate Code because those are the rules of the roleplay. Then anyone is welcome to submit a character here and the Storytellers will evaluate your submission and PM you in regards to whether or not you are accepted. You want to know another awesome thing? No one is ever outright denied. If your character doesn’t make the cut, we do everything we can to help you bring your character within acceptable limits so that you’re able to join.

If One Piece is an anime you love or if a pirate adventure sounds like something you would enjoy partaking in, come check us out! Come aboard, and bring along all your hopes and dreams because together we will find everything that we’re lookin’ for! There’s always room for you!

I'm trying to make the two yellow boxes into scroll boxes, but the two things that have worked for me in the past are not working here at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried adding [height:250px; y-overflow:scroll;] to the two div boxes and it shrinks the yellow box but the text still overflows.

I'm convinced that bbcode hates me and that it's impossible to learn.

Can someone help me, please?

Code:
[bg=black][border=3px double goldenrod][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/868c6b1caf0acc4b1ce8b4aa6e43655a.png[/img][/center]

[centerblock=99][row][column=span4][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/72c510f7d75de5aa19631abbffeac278.png[/img][/center]

[div=background-color: goldenrod; width: 95%; padding: 10px;][sh][font=Adamina]How it Started[/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme]It started as three pirates who became three captains. One of them never made it off the island and a new captain came in. The second perished on the first stop. However, back when all three were together, they made a pact that started everything - they made a bet on who could get to the greatest treasure of them all first. Only one remains to get there, but that does not mean the race is over. There are still three crews and there can only be one pirate ruler. 

Each made their first stop before reaching reverse mountain and our West Blue Trio Arcs ensued from there. The Shattercrest Pirates have encountered an island where the menace haunting the town is a new breed of being… something not quite alive and something definitely at least partially mechanical. The Red Wave Pirates have encountered an island where animals are being captured when some of their own crew members have pets. And the Red Ribbon Pirates have stumbled upon an age old artifact that islanders are trying to hide from marines… and from a mystery thief. Time will only be able to tell what fate has in store.[/font][/centerblock][/div][/column]
[column=span4][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170602/45b321afda1cb5f67bc4bee5a18995e5.png[/img][/center]

[div=background-color: goldenrod; width: 95%; padding: 10px; scroll: 250px;][sh][font=Adamina]Where it's Heading[/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme]I think you’ll find that the [url=https://www.rpnation.com/threads/new-world-times.297677/]New World Times[/url] has many secrets of what is coming up next to share with you. Yes, the first article does summarize what happened in Mirstone (although the Marines may tell a different tale than the tale that actually unfolded on the island), but beyond that you’ll find that the smaller non-headline articles are ones that share many details of the world we’ve woven for this story to take place in. 

Furthermore, there are some hints to events closer to where our current crews find themselves. Just within the first few islands of the Grand Line, there’s a different sort of mysterious trouble brewing and this kind of trouble is turning the water black and thick. The marines haven’t made a move on it yet because many of them are still occupied cleaning up Mirstone and rounding up escapees, but it’s definitely something our three crews won’t be able to avoid when they finally reach the Grand Line. If they reach it… who knows what could be waiting just on the other side of Reverse Mountain? With this story going the way it is, you can be sure that even crossing the mountain won’t be as easy as it seems.[/font][/centerblock][/div][/column][/row][/centerblock]

[sh][font=Adamina][color=white]How To Join[/color][/font][/sh]
[divide][/divide]

[centerblock=99][font=Carme][color=white]Now that is a marvelous question and we’d love to see your inner pirate join one of our crews! To join the roleplay, first you should have a good idea of what kind of roleplayer we’re looking for. We are a detailed roleplay and we expect members of our story to be able to write two paragraphs or more. We also expect members of our roleplay to be able to post at least once every week and to actively converse with us in the OOC. We are picky about characters and we work hard to make sure that no characters are overpowered so that everyone can have a chance to shine. 

It’s probably helpful for me to clarify who I mean by ‘we.’ This roleplay is run by a Storyteller Team of myself, [USER=1070]@AllHailDago[/USER] and [USER=1197]@shadowdude505[/USER]. Each of us plays the captain of a crew and each of us works together to weave the story that will no doubt sweep your characters into its malestrom. 

Beyond that, joining is actually quite simple. Make sure you read [url=https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-pirate-code.210276/]The Pirate Code[/url] because those are the rules of the roleplay. Then anyone is welcome to submit a character [url=https://www.rpnation.com/forums/characters.342/]here[/url] and the Storytellers will evaluate your submission and PM you in regards to whether or not you are accepted. You want to know another awesome thing? No one is ever outright denied. If your character doesn’t make the cut, we do everything we can to help you bring your character within acceptable limits so that you’re able to join. 

If One Piece is an anime you love or if a pirate adventure sounds like something you would enjoy partaking in, come check us out! Come aboard, and bring along all your hopes and dreams because together we will find everything that we’re lookin’ for! There’s always room for you![/color][/font][/centerblock][/border][/bg]
868c6b1caf0acc4b1ce8b4aa6e43655a.png

72c510f7d75de5aa19631abbffeac278.png

How it Started
It started as three pirates who became three captains. One of them never made it off the island and a new captain came in. The second perished on the first stop. However, back when all three were together, they made a pact that started everything - they made a bet on who could get to the greatest treasure of them all first. Only one remains to get there, but that does not mean the race is over. There are still three crews and there can only be one pirate ruler.

Each made their first stop before reaching reverse mountain and our West Blue Trio Arcs ensued from there. The Shattercrest Pirates have encountered an island where the menace haunting the town is a new breed of being… something not quite alive and something definitely at least partially mechanical. The Red Wave Pirates have encountered an island where animals are being captured when some of their own crew members have pets. And the Red Ribbon Pirates have stumbled upon an age old artifact that islanders are trying to hide from marines… and from a mystery thief. Time will only be able to tell what fate has in store.
45b321afda1cb5f67bc4bee5a18995e5.png

Where it's Heading
I think you’ll find that the New World Times has many secrets of what is coming up next to share with you. Yes, the first article does summarize what happened in Mirstone (although the Marines may tell a different tale than the tale that actually unfolded on the island), but beyond that you’ll find that the smaller non-headline articles are ones that share many details of the world we’ve woven for this story to take place in.

Furthermore, there are some hints to events closer to where our current crews find themselves. Just within the first few islands of the Grand Line, there’s a different sort of mysterious trouble brewing and this kind of trouble is turning the water black and thick. The marines haven’t made a move on it yet because many of them are still occupied cleaning up Mirstone and rounding up escapees, but it’s definitely something our three crews won’t be able to avoid when they finally reach the Grand Line. If they reach it… who knows what could be waiting just on the other side of Reverse Mountain? With this story going the way it is, you can be sure that even crossing the mountain won’t be as easy as it seems.

How To Join
Now that is a marvelous question and we’d love to see your inner pirate join one of our crews! To join the roleplay, first you should have a good idea of what kind of roleplayer we’re looking for. We are a detailed roleplay and we expect members of our story to be able to write two paragraphs or more. We also expect members of our roleplay to be able to post at least once every week and to actively converse with us in the OOC. We are picky about characters and we work hard to make sure that no characters are overpowered so that everyone can have a chance to shine.

It’s probably helpful for me to clarify who I mean by ‘we.’ This roleplay is run by a Storyteller Team of myself, AllHailDago AllHailDago and shadowdude505 shadowdude505 . Each of us plays the captain of a crew and each of us works together to weave the story that will no doubt sweep your characters into its malestrom.

Beyond that, joining is actually quite simple. Make sure you read The Pirate Code because those are the rules of the roleplay. Then anyone is welcome to submit a character here and the Storytellers will evaluate your submission and PM you in regards to whether or not you are accepted. You want to know another awesome thing? No one is ever outright denied. If your character doesn’t make the cut, we do everything we can to help you bring your character within acceptable limits so that you’re able to join.

If One Piece is an anime you love or if a pirate adventure sounds like something you would enjoy partaking in, come check us out! Come aboard, and bring along all your hopes and dreams because together we will find everything that we’re lookin’ for! There’s always room for you!
try changing y-overflow:scroll; to overflow-y:scroll;

try changing y-overflow:scroll; to overflow-y:scroll;
It works!!! Thank you!

New question and this is one I haven't tried to solve on my own because I'm not sure where to start at all. I just feel like I've seen things like it before. I have an interest check code here:
sMdgqKT.png
An Introduction
Fairy Tail. Raven Tail. Sabertooth. Lamia Scale. Blue Pegasus.

All five legal guilds invite you to come join us in a new story. It’s not a different chapter because the old chapters never happened. Everything starts new, the history starts fresh, and the world has been wiped clean for new heroes to leave their marks on the planet, on the world.

In an alternate universe, everything has been changed so that nothing leftover from canon remains. (Well, almost nothing… xD). Each guild was founded at a new time, and although the dragons disappearance is still oddly associated with x777, don’t think that you know why, because I guarantee you don’t. Fairy Tail is not the rambunctious guild you know it as any longer. Maybe the energy of their pride remains, but they have much to prove before they can be the top guild in all of Fiore. Raven Tail was founded in a different way, but that familiar tension they share with their Fairy counterparts remains… and it’s boiling. How hot will it get before everything explodes?

For more information on how the world has changed or on what is still the same, you can reference the Lore page. Please note that the lore is, and likely always will be, growing and expanding as the story plays out.
Missions
Part of the everyday life of any guild mage, missions are the lifeblood of the roleplay. It is within missions that main events are set up, that trails are created leading to larger conflicts and mysteries, and missions also give mages an opportunity to meet. Rivalries can grow in missions, friendships can blossom, ties can be made, promises can be started and broken, and betrayals can ensue. Missions are meant to breathe a basic layout of life into the world of the roleplay.

Each mission will have it’s own storyline. These can be completely separate from the main overarching story, they can all be connected, or they can be specifically established for character development relating to elements of a particular character and/or group of characters. Each mission will be led by a GM although players can suggest ideas for mission and even be involved in their planning if they’d like.

Players are able to sign up for missions using the Mission Prompt Board and then each mission is carried out in its own roleplay thread. Missions will function on a smaller scale to keep things manageable and therefore, each mission does have a limit on how many people can join it.
Main Stories
These are the epicness of the roleplay in a nutshell. Details from mission prompts collide, connections are made, and the allegiances everyone makes in the missions are put to ultimate tests to see who really means what they’ve said. Here is the time to pull out all the stops and to turn Fiore into a battleground of awesomeness. Of course, no time is a bad time to meet new people and connections can be made here as well. This is where there is room for everyone to grow.

Main Stories are developed by the GMs and planned out prior to even the start of the missions themselves. Missions are intentionally created to have connections to the planned main story and each player in the main story is encouraged to have their character help bind those connections more fiercely. Each character will have opportunities to make choices within a main story and these choices could very well alter the course of the story. Choose your own adventure!

Main Stories automatically involve all active players in the roleplay and during Main Stories, all missions will close. As you can probably guess, main stories are important. Each will be carried out in it’s own roleplay thread.
So What’s This Story About?
The year is x780. Guild life goes on as it has for the past years. Members carry out their missions with excitement or boredom depending on the mission - as they usually would. Tension between Fairy Tail and Raven Tail seems to have come to a momentary calm in which the two guilds have simply agreed to avoid one another.

Current eyes watch three primary missions. Royce Obertuck - an S-Class criminal and former Raven Tail guildmaster - is being transferred to a higher security prison after multiple escape attempts; this transfer is one giant opportunity though. The question remains… who is lurking in the shadows to take advantage of it? Liam Portian - a scientist working in magic expansion - seeks to study a meteor that recently crashed. People have been disappearing near it, though. Can mages help him get his hands on it? More importantly, what else will they discover? Last, but not least, a demon book has been stolen. That’s never a good thing. Who runs with Book of Vongraw? What might they unleash and who might also seek these treasures?

These fates all draw nearer.

Something is coming, though. Can the world really expect to stay this calm when a solar eclipse - the first in centuries - hangs overhead? One thing is for sure: villains are not planning on allowing this calm to last.

Most importantly, will Fairy Tail be strong enough to face what’s coming? And will the other guilds be ready to aid them? Can the other guilds even afford not to?

Fates are eclipsing. The moon could very well darken them forever.

Interested?
If this has peaked your curiosity, if you’d like to join a guild, applications are ALWAYS open and we are always accepting new players. Please read the Roleplay Rules before starting a character sheet. Fill out the Character Skeleton and post it in that same thread when you have a character idea ready. Feel free to look through the other characters we already have, too! There’s plenty of players already involved, but there’s always room for more. Lastly, come say hi to us in the Out of Character Chat. We’re a chatty bunch and we’d love to make more friends along the way!

Any questions and you can feel free to ask in the OOC or you can PM me directly.

I hope to see you in Fairy Tail: Eclipse of Fates!

~ DaughterofAthena

Is it possible to make it so that the banner is only half encompassed within the border and not fully encompassed within the border? Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I can try and rephrase.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
sMdgqKT.png
An Introduction

All five legal guilds invite you to come join us in a new story. It’s not a different chapter because the old chapters never happened. Everything starts new, the history starts fresh, and the world has been wiped clean for new heroes to leave their marks on the planet, on the world.

In an alternate universe, everything has been changed so that nothing leftover from canon remains. (Well, almost nothing… xD). Each guild was founded at a new time, and although the dragons disappearance is still oddly associated with x777, don’t think that you know why, because I guarantee you don’t. Fairy Tail is not the rambunctious guild you know it as any longer. Maybe the energy of their pride remains, but they have much to prove before they can be the top guild in all of Fiore. Raven Tail was founded in a different way, but that familiar tension they share with their Fairy counterparts remains… and it’s boiling. How hot will it get before everything explodes?

For more information on how the world has changed or on what is still the same, you can reference the Lore page. Please note that the lore is, and likely always will be, growing and expanding as the story plays out.
Missions
Part of the everyday life of any guild mage, missions are the lifeblood of the roleplay. It is within missions that main events are set up, that trails are created leading to larger conflicts and mysteries, and missions also give mages an opportunity to meet. Rivalries can grow in missions, friendships can blossom, ties can be made, promises can be started and broken, and betrayals can ensue. Missions are meant to breathe a basic layout of life into the world of the roleplay.

Each mission will have it’s own storyline. These can be completely separate from the main overarching story, they can all be connected, or they can be specifically established for character development relating to elements of a particular character and/or group of characters. Each mission will be led by a GM although players can suggest ideas for mission and even be involved in their planning if they’d like.

Players are able to sign up for missions using the Mission Prompt Board and then each mission is carried out in its own roleplay thread. Missions will function on a smaller scale to keep things manageable and therefore, each mission does have a limit on how many people can join it.
Main Stories
These are the epicness of the roleplay in a nutshell. Details from mission prompts collide, connections are made, and the allegiances everyone makes in the missions are put to ultimate tests to see who really means what they’ve said. Here is the time to pull out all the stops and to turn Fiore into a battleground of awesomeness. Of course, no time is a bad time to meet new people and connections can be made here as well. This is where there is room for everyone to grow.

Main Stories are developed by the GMs and planned out prior to even the start of the missions themselves. Missions are intentionally created to have connections to the planned main story and each player in the main story is encouraged to have their character help bind those connections more fiercely. Each character will have opportunities to make choices within a main story and these choices could very well alter the course of the story. Choose your own adventure!

Main Stories automatically involve all active players in the roleplay and during Main Stories, all missions will close. As you can probably guess, main stories are important. Each will be carried out in it’s own roleplay thread.
The year is x780. Guild life goes on as it has for the past years. Members carry out their missions with excitement or boredom depending on the mission - as they usually would. Tension between Fairy Tail and Raven Tail seems to have come to a momentary calm in which the two guilds have simply agreed to avoid one another.

Current eyes watch three primary missions. Royce Obertuck - an S-Class criminal and former Raven Tail guildmaster - is being transferred to a higher security prison after multiple escape attempts; this transfer is one giant opportunity though. The question remains… who is lurking in the shadows to take advantage of it? Liam Portian - a scientist working in magic expansion - seeks to study a meteor that recently crashed. People have been disappearing near it, though. Can mages help him get his hands on it? More importantly, what else will they discover? Last, but not least, a demon book has been stolen. That’s never a good thing. Who runs with Book of Vongraw? What might they unleash and who might also seek these treasures?

Something is coming, though. Can the world really expect to stay this calm when a solar eclipse - the first in centuries - hangs overhead? One thing is for sure: villains are not planning on allowing this calm to last.

Most importantly, will Fairy Tail be strong enough to face what’s coming? And will the other guilds be ready to aid them? Can the other guilds even afford not to?

Interested?
If this has peaked your curiosity, if you’d like to join a guild, applications are ALWAYS open and we are always accepting new players. Please read the Roleplay Rules before starting a character sheet. Fill out the Character Skeleton and post it in that same thread when you have a character idea ready. Feel free to look through the other characters we already have, too! There’s plenty of players already involved, but there’s always room for more. Lastly, come say hi to us in the Out of Character Chat. We’re a chatty bunch and we’d love to make more friends along the way!

Any questions and you can feel free to ask in the OOC or you can PM me directly.

~ DaughterofAthena

edit: broke a thing.
edit 2: pretty sure i fixed it. yep, looks good to me. haven't tried mobile but it should work
edit 3: works on mobile, no clipping

Last edited:
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
sMdgqKT.png
An Introduction

Missions

Main Stories

Interested?

~ DaughterofAthena
Oh my gosh!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please teach me your magic ways!!! How did you do that!?

Oh my gosh!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please teach me your magic ways!!! How did you do that!?
I took the image out of the div with the border, put the image above the border-div in it's own div that centers it. then i gave the border-div a negative top margin and adjusted its padding to give more to the top in order to prevent clipping with the content.
in attempted layman's terms: i took the picture out of the big box, put it in its own box, put the new box on top of the big box, and told the boxes to move until you could see everything

so i keep breaking a part of my code when i try to divide this:

Code:
[row][font=Silla Slab][size=2][column=span3]

[div=position: relative; width: 180px;height: 100px; overflow: hidden; background-color: white; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; color: gray; font-size: 0.9em; font-align: justify;]Air
Fixed
Light-blue // Silver
Saturday
Saturn // Uranus
Leo // Sagittarius
20-January // 18-February[/div][/div][/column]
[column=span5][size=5]T r a i t s[/size]
[div=position: relative; width: 180px;height: 100px; overflow: hidden; background-color: white; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; color: gray; font-size: 0.9em; font-align: justify;]Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian.

Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof.

Likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener.

Dislikes: Limitations, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, people who disagree with them.[/div][/div][/column]
[/row]

into one "column" so that it all scrolls at the same time while still being separate. i hope this made sense...

so i keep breaking a part of my code when i try to divide this:

Code:
[row][font=Silla Slab][size=2][column=span3]

[div=position: relative; width: 180px;height: 100px; overflow: hidden; background-color: white; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; color: gray; font-size: 0.9em; font-align: justify;]Air
Fixed
Light-blue // Silver
Saturday
Saturn // Uranus
Leo // Sagittarius
20-January // 18-February[/div][/div][/column]
[column=span5][size=5]T r a i t s[/size]
[div=position: relative; width: 180px;height: 100px; overflow: hidden; background-color: white; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; color: gray; font-size: 0.9em; font-align: justify;]Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian.

Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof.

Likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener.

Dislikes: Limitations, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, people who disagree with them.[/div][/div][/column]
[/row]

into one "column" so that it all scrolls at the same time while still being separate. i hope this made sense...

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you mean putting the two sections under each other and scrolling the whole thing? Or something else?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Do you mean putting the two sections under each other and scrolling the whole thing? Or something else?

uh, kind of like having the (side) code in the hidden scroll div? so that part of the information stays to the side and will disappear as people scroll through. i'm really bad t explaining, sorry n.n"

uh, kind of like having the (side) code in the hidden scroll div? so that part of the information stays to the side and will disappear as people scroll through. i'm really bad t explaining, sorry n.n"

Something like this?

Air
Fixed
Light-blue // Silver
Saturday
Saturn // Uranus
Leo // Sagittarius
20-January // 18-February
T r a i t s
Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian.

Dislikes: Limitations, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, people who disagree with them.

Code:
[row][font=Silla Slab][size=2]

[div=position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100px; overflow: hidden; background-color: white; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; color: gray; font-size: 0.9em; font-align: justify;][column=span3][div=width: 180px;]Air
Fixed
Light-blue // Silver
Saturday
Saturn // Uranus
Leo // Sagittarius
20-January // 18-February[/div][/column]
[column=span5][div=width: 180px;][size=5]T r a i t s[/size]
Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian.

Dislikes: Limitations, broken promises, being lonely, dull or boring situations, people who disagree with them.[/div][/column][/div][/div]
[/size][/font][/row][font=Silla Slab][size=2][/size][/font]

i have this code that's been squished together bc of the site change and i'm not sure how to make it go back to its original size. the circle is supposed to be in the square, next to the text. any help would be really appreciated.

xirod.regular.png

" I THINK THERE'S A FLAW IN MY < C O D E > "

In an alternate timeline where the first technological computation breakthrough in the early 1960's took place in the same decade as the very first high-functioning robotics, humankind has been consumed by the virtual cyberworld, advancement and progression in all areas outside the hi-tech industry, and the world has been left to rot in the hands of fast-food consuming, lethargic, slug-like people, unbothered by the state of the world and the growing overpopulation. Devastated by the worldwide stand-still and apathy accompanied by it, an establishment by the name of the International Organization of Propogation Zone Crisis (the IOPZC) formed connections between twelve of some of the most globally recognized powerful countries; the United States, England, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Japan, India, Israel, Sweden and Ukraine.

Secretly chipped at birth after the contract agreement signing in 1986, all citizens of said countries included in the IOPZC between the ages of five and eighteen began to be observed and noted down in a ranking system from zero to one-hundred containing six categories; intelligence, strength, talent, curiosity, beauty and kindness. The highest 20 ranking every year would have a strand of their DNA extracted and used to create a genetically identical clone, after three months of observation in headquarters, each country would swap their 20 children for the 20 of the country they were assigned that years rotation, and the cycle continued, launching for the first time in 1991. The endgoal for the IOPZC was simple; grant immunity for all past clones and cloned citizens and their children, and exterminate anyone falling below the average ranking of 75 in more than two categories. The potential result? A new age. They called it Project Nova.

Of course every system has its errors, and not every human or clone turns out perfect. Every few years, a subject or more will fall behind on their ranking and enter a red area, becoming a defect to the IOPZC. When this happens, the IOPZC gathers the "failures", taking them from their home and sending them to their headquarters in Brasilia, presenting them with the option of being reprogrammed and having their memory wiped from any recollection of the IOPZC, or to be executed.

So..

What will you choose? Will you fight? Will you surrender? Or will you rebel?

//

ROLES

USA (0/2)
England (2/2) boyguro boyguro tsuneni tsuneni
Russia (2/2) thepression thepression @A U R U M
Germany (2/2) @Koogs @ultramarine
Brazil (1/2) @lorde
Puerto Rico (1/2) tsuneni tsuneni
Singapore (2/2) slim slim @Volupe
Japan (1/2) spectro spectro
India (0/2)
Israel (1/2) thepression thepression
Sweden (2/2) @avifors paranoia paranoia
Ukraine (2/2) soggychips soggychips boyguro boyguro

"ARE YOU SURE THE ONLY YOU, IS YOU?"

coding framework by thoughtless©

Code:
[div=background:url(https://i.imgur.com/4D5Vddu.jpg);background-size:cover;border:5px #caa6ad double;color: #000000;padding:20px;][border=1px solid grey][bg=black]

[CENTER][IMG]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjU0LmZmZmZmZi5XMGRGVGtWVFNWTTdJRXRKVEV4YVQwNUZYUSwsLjIAAAAA/xirod.regular.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[divide][/divide]
[div=background-color: #000000; width: 215px; height: 215px; border-radius: 175px; padding: 20px; padding-top: 23px; float: left; margin-right: 34.7px][div=background-color: #79E6FD; width: 175px; height: 175px; border-radius: 250px; margin: auto; padding: 20px; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 16px][div=background: url('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1b/a0/a3/1ba0a32dba3adafa5e7195803d2b7af2.jpg') no-repeat; width: 150px; height: 150px; border: 15px solid #85B9B2; margin: auto; border-radius: 100px; background-position: center; background-size: cover]
[/div]
[/div]
[/div][div=background-color: #000000; width: 500px; height: 300px; float: left; padding: 20px][div=transparent; height: 300px; width: 500px; padding: 5px; overflow: hidden; text-align: justify][div=transparent; width: 522px; max-height: 300px; color: #FFFFFF; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 10px; margin: 0px]
[CENTER]" I THINK THERE'S A FLAW IN MY  < C O D E > "[/CENTER]

In an alternate timeline where the first technological computation breakthrough in the early 1960's took place in the same decade as the very first high-functioning robotics, humankind has been consumed by the virtual cyberworld, advancement and progression in all areas outside the hi-tech industry, and the world has been left to rot in the hands of fast-food consuming, lethargic, slug-like people, unbothered by the state of the world and the growing overpopulation. Devastated by the worldwide stand-still and apathy accompanied by it, an establishment by the name of the International Organization of Propogation Zone Crisis (the IOPZC) formed connections between twelve of some of the most globally recognized powerful countries; the United States, England, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Japan, India, Israel, Sweden and Ukraine.

Secretly chipped at birth after the contract agreement signing in 1986, all citizens of said countries included in the IOPZC between the ages of five and eighteen began to be observed and noted down in a ranking system from zero to one-hundred containing six categories; intelligence, strength, talent, curiosity, beauty and kindness. The highest 20 ranking every year would have a strand of their DNA extracted and used to create a genetically identical clone, after three months of observation in headquarters, each country would swap their 20 children for the 20 of the country they were assigned that years rotation, and the cycle continued, launching for the first time in 1991. The endgoal for the IOPZC was simple; grant immunity for all past clones and cloned citizens and their children, and exterminate anyone falling below the average ranking of 75 in more than two categories. The potential result? A new age. They called it Project Nova.

Of course every system has its errors, and not every human or clone turns out perfect. Every few years, a subject or more will fall behind on their ranking and enter a red area, becoming a defect to the IOPZC. When this happens, the IOPZC gathers the "failures", taking them from their home and sending them to their headquarters in Brasilia, presenting them with the option of being reprogrammed and having their memory wiped from any recollection of the IOPZC, or to be executed.

So..

What will you choose? Will you fight? Will you surrender? Or will you rebel?

//

ROLES

USA (0/2)
England (2/2) [USER=23047]@boyguro[/USER] [USER=38528]@tsuneni[/USER]
Russia (2/2) [USER=49495]@thepression[/USER] [USER=15547]@A U R U M[/USER]
Germany (2/2) [USER=47774]@Koogs[/USER] [USER=9722]@ultramarine[/USER]
Brazil (1/2) [USER=47415]@lorde[/USER]
Puerto Rico (1/2) [USER=38528]@tsuneni[/USER]
Singapore (2/2) [USER=31916]@xxxtentacion[/USER] [USER=21538]@Volupe[/USER]
Japan (1/2) [USER=7361]@spectro[/USER]
India (0/2)
Israel (1/2) [USER=49495]@thepression[/USER]
Sweden (2/2) [USER=16286]@avifors[/USER] [USER=31298]@paranoia[/USER]
Ukraine (2/2) [USER=48137]@soggychips[/USER] [USER=23047]@boyguro[/USER]

[/div]
[/div]
[/div][div=background-color: #000000; width: 215px; height: 215px; border-radius: 175px; padding: 20px; padding-top: 23px; float: right; margin-left: 34.7px][div=background-color: #85B9B2; width: 175px; height: 175px; border-radius: 250px; margin: auto; padding: 20px; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 16px][div=background: url('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7c/65/a8/7c65a8a664fefb7d6bb890dc392e68b5.jpg') no-repeat; width: 150px; height: 150px; border: 15px solid #79E6FD; margin: auto; border-radius: 100px; background-position: center; background-size: cover]
[/div][/div][/div][div=background-color: #000000; width: 540px; height: 97px; margin-top: 320px; padding-top: 5px; margin-left: 290px]
[CENTER]"ARE YOU SURE THE ONLY YOU, IS YOU?"

[divide][/divide]

coding framework by thoughtless©[/CENTER]
[/div]
[/bg][/border][/div]

boyguro boyguro It basically comes down to individual resolution. Unless specifically coded to be a 'flex' design (meaning it can resize to fit various resolutions), you're going to encounter that issue. It's why many BBCoders specify that their codes are or are not mobile friendly.

You'd have to use things like min-width/max-width, min-height/max-height since setting something to a specific width/height is what it will stay as not matter the resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back