• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

So I'm trying to get a profile template into a tab, where the profile template itself has tabs, but every time I put the whole thing between the code brackets, it only contains the first tab of the profile template and the rest of them have made their way out of the code.
M0M4TIz.png

^ The red underlined are what's supposed to be within the code bracket. Now, when I take out the code brackets, the profile appears normally within the tab I placed it in, but the issue I get only exists when I try to put the profile between code brackets, the other tabs run out of the code.

In the spoiler is an example of the issue I'm having. Do tabs within code brackets within tabs just don't work well?

• stuff
It's probably a conflict between the BBCode where the tabs will override the code BBCode. I'd say just separate out the character sheet and have it on its own in a character sheet thread since with just the single layer of tabs, the code will work, but tab - code - tab won't.

Code:
[CENTER][h=OPTION]NAME HERE[/h][/CENTER]

NATIONALITY: xx

HEIGHT: xx

HAIR: xx

EYE: Gold
[CENTER][img]http://i.imgur.com/FnpvjlL.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
[T abs]
[T ab=Basics]
stuff
[/Tab]
[T ab=Personality]
stuff
[/Tab]
[T ab=Under the Skin]
stuff
[/Tab]
[T ab=Death]
stuff
[/Tab]
[/Tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That's what I ended up doing. Was just frustrating to figure out if I was messing up my code somehow.

Just wondering, Is there anyway to make an accordion bar transparent? So all you see is the 'Accordion title' but not the actual default background. I understand you can essentially just make the background of the accordion bar match the overall background to hide it, however I am using a Div Background image. I checked the Div Box Chart thread and there seems to be a way to do it, but I don't really understand if its exactly what I am looking for .. or how to test it... x.x

Just wondering, Is there anyway to make an accordion bar transparent? So all you see is the 'Accordion title' but not the actual default background. I understand you can essentially just make the background of the accordion bar match the overall background to hide it, however I am using a Div Background image. I checked the Div Box Chart thread and there seems to be a way to do it, but I don't really understand if its exactly what I am looking for .. or how to test it... x.x
As far as I know, there is no direct way to make the accordion's title box transparent. But you can achieve it with some trickery:
1. Wrap the accordion in a DIV, and give it the visibility: hidden; property. This will make the accordion invisible. Then, wrap the accordion's titles and contents in DIVs with visibility: visible;. I did a quick test, and it seems to work, but I haven't tested it extensively.
2. You say your problem is a background image, so... give it the image as a background! This is a little trickier, though. You'll need to give it your title DIV a negative margin, then probably set the background-attachment: fixed attribute along with some fiddling around with background-position. Not sure how much of that is feasible, but I've done similar things and it has worked out.

There might be other ways, but without testing myself, those are the only ones I can come up with right now.

Is there a way to code text to glitch out a bit? I've seen rotating text, but I want the text to be similar to the gif in this header. If there's no way, I'll just make the whole thing a gif but I'd like to learn it differently if possible.

Cheshire's Prey

Is there a way to code text to glitch out a bit? I've seen rotating text, but I want the text to be similar to the gif in this header. If there's no way, I'll just make the whole thing a gif but I'd like to learn it differently if possible.

Cheshire's Prey
No way to my knowledge. That would require being able to make custom animations.

>:T I ask a lot of questions..
Can you stylize tabs the same way you can with accordions? It's not workin' when I try. Can tabs be stylized at all?

Cheshire's Prey

Tried my hand at making something.

Cheshire's Prey

Code:
[plain][DIV=height: 100px; max-width: 600px; margin: 0 auto; background:#000000 url(https://i.imgur.com/ssjr8Qo.gif) top right no-repeat; overflow: hidden;][DIV=animation: fa-spin 4s steps(9) infinite; transform-origin: 10px;][DIV=animation: fa-spin 5s steps(7) infinite reverse; transform-origin: 14px;][DIV=animation: fa-spin 3s steps(5) infinite; transform-origin: 12px;][DIV=animation: fa-spin 4s steps(9) infinite; transform-origin: 10px; animation-direction: reverse; animation-delay: calc(4s / 9);][DIV=animation: fa-spin 5s steps(7) infinite reverse; transform-origin: 14px; animation-direction: normal; animation-delay: calc(-5s / 7);][DIV=animation: fa-spin 3s steps(5) infinite; transform-origin: 12px; animation-direction: reverse; animation-delay: calc(3s / 5);][div=font-size: 50px; color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px 50px;][FONT=Megrim][B]Cheshire's Prey[/B][/FONT][/div][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/plain]

When it comes to an image, besides heightrestrict and containers, is there not a way to manually set an image's width and height?

[img width:50px; height: 50px;]
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...h_Sheep.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051125180452 [/img]

[img 50x50] https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...h_Sheep.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051125180452
[/img]
Controlling either the height and the width isn't possible with the standard image tag. My preferred way of dealing with this kind of situation is to set the image as the background of a DIV, allowing me to control its width and height exactly. If you don't want to crop the image and want to preserve the aspect ratio, then simply surrounding it in a fixed size container will constrain its width, with its height being adjusted automatically.

What about column spans? How does one have an image or two and a text box (via div container) beside one another? I understand it uses a row in the code, but whenever I use span the images take over one line and the text box is dropped to the last line. Is it my dimensions clashing?

This is the first time that I've come across a site that relies on BB to make things look appealing. Want to learn all the things!

What about column spans? How does one have an image or two and a text box (via div container) beside one another? I understand it uses a row in the code, but whenever I use span the images take over one line and the text box is dropped to the last line. Is it my dimensions clashing?

This is the first time that I've come across a site that relies on BB to make things look appealing. Want to learn all the things!
The total space of the container your row is in is 8. So you would need to set them:
Code:
[column=spanX]
X being 1-8. That help? ^^

The total space of the container your row is in is 8. So you would need to set them:
Code:
[column=spanX]
X being 1-8. That help? ^^

Got that part :)
What if you wish to have two images on the left side, one underneath the other, and then a text box container on the right side... is it possible with a column span or is a container easier?

EDIT: Nevermind, one of my RP partners helped me figure it out ^-^ I was using an image float and a column span at the same time, heh... heh.

Last edited:
Need some help figuring out why my slide for "Skills and Spells" isn't showing up in my accordion here. In fact, it seems like it keeps inserting another accordion tag for some reason whenever I post it.
(Just tried editing it to fix it several times and whenever I hit save and check the post again, it acts like I didn't correct it!)
Also, in the "Weapons/Equipment" section, is there a way to float that image to the left and have the text to the right of it? I tried, but it wasn't working right and sort of bugged out the accordion altogether.

Name: Salvo Eviscera
Race: Manakete
Job: Fighter-Mage
Appearance: Essentially my avatar.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130lbs
Being your generic mage, however, Salvo is seen wearing a black robe made of an especially durable fabric. This black robe is mainly for Salvo's own comfort, but it also has several convenient pockets: two on the outside and four on the inside.
Personality: Salvo seems to be a laid-back individual most of the time. Although not opposed to being social, he is seen spending most of his time reading books or working on his magic and fighting prowess. Still coming to understand the world, he hasn't fully figured out what is really important to him.
no slide
Passive Ability
(A ability that is always active,such as resistance to an partial element, please keep this balanced. Cannot overwrite Racial Passive.)
Racial Passive
Manaketes have accelerated healing rate and large fast regenerating magic reserve. They are highly resistance to their own element. They however are vulnerable to Dragon slaying equipment even in human form.
Weapons/Equipment
Aside from magic and his fists, Salvo has a pair of magic-focusing bracers that he wears, which also conveniently hold his dragon stone. These bracers aid Salvo in the control of his magic, but can also be used during hand-to-hand combat for an extra bit of oomph during contact.
full

Backstory
My backstory
Extra
(Other info such as likes, dislikes ect.)

Need some help figuring out why my slide for "Skills and Spells" isn't showing up in my accordion here. In fact, it seems like it keeps inserting another accordion tag for some reason whenever I post it.
(Just tried editing it to fix it several times and whenever I hit save and check the post again, it acts like I didn't correct it!)
Also, in the "Weapons/Equipment" section, is there a way to float that image to the left and have the text to the right of it? I tried, but it wasn't working right and sort of bugged out the accordion altogether.

Name: Salvo Eviscera
Race: Manakete
Job: Fighter-Mage
Appearance: Essentially my avatar.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130lbs
Being your generic mage, however, Salvo is seen wearing a black robe made of an especially durable fabric. This black robe is mainly for Salvo's own comfort, but it also has several convenient pockets: two on the outside and four on the inside.
Personality: Salvo seems to be a laid-back individual most of the time. Although not opposed to being social, he is seen spending most of his time reading books or working on his magic and fighting prowess. Still coming to understand the world, he hasn't fully figured out what is really important to him.
no slide
Passive Ability
(A ability that is always active,such as resistance to an partial element, please keep this balanced. Cannot overwrite Racial Passive.)
Racial Passive
Manaketes have accelerated healing rate and large fast regenerating magic reserve. They are highly resistance to their own element. They however are vulnerable to Dragon slaying equipment even in human form.
Weapons/Equipment
Aside from magic and his fists, Salvo has a pair of magic-focusing bracers that he wears, which also conveniently hold his dragon stone. These bracers aid Salvo in the control of his magic, but can also be used during hand-to-hand combat for an extra bit of oomph during contact.
full

Backstory
My backstory
Extra
(Other info such as likes, dislikes ect.)
Are you coding within the rich text editor?

I believe so. I have not yet once clicked on the "Use BB Code Editor" button.

Should I be doing that instead?
Whenever using BBCode, always go into your preferences and disable the RTE. If not, it will add extra bits and pieces and royally screw with whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Whenever using BBCode, always go into your preferences and disable the RTE. If not, it will add extra bits and pieces and royally screw with whatever you're trying to accomplish.
So that probably explains all my difficulty then. :| Wow. Okay. Thank you.
Does that also address the imageFloat issue I was asking about?

So that probably explains all my difficulty then. :| Wow. Okay. Thank you.
Does that also address the imageFloat issue I was asking about?
No but I would remove the accordion from a column so it extends the full width of the post (within the confines of the background) so you would have an easier time floating it. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back