• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Villainous Things

Brandy and vengeance and everything pain-laced.
Hi there everyone!
I'm Gen, and I'm currently looking for a roleplay partner to try out an idea I've had for awhile that takes place within the BBC Sherlock universe! I'm really bad at explaining these things so I hope y'all can get the gist! I'm okay for this to go romantic or stay totally platonic, though, if you're interested in romance, it will be male×male! I'm also totally open to it taking place within their childhood or within adulthood, so I'll leave that open for discussion! An OC of mine is included in this idea, and I have a full chart for him ready to be provided as well! Though, if you aren't a fan of OC charts, I tried to provide information about him in the explanation!
My idea is as follows:

Sherlock Holmes always prided himself on being alone. On having the ability to ignore the human need of companionship and instead satisfy himself with the recesses of his own mind. Meeting John Watson is what everyone assumes is the first time Sherlock questioned such an aspect of his personality. However, back when Sherlock was a child, attending primary school, he met his real first friend. A young child named Curly, a year younger than him due to his late birthday, yet still attending the same grade. He was energetic, outgoing, and a mix of loud and quiet. They were paired together for reading skills, and while Sherlock despised the other, Curly was quick to enjoy the company of Sherlock. Soon it went from them interacting only in the duration of the lesson, to Curly sitting besides Sherlock during lunch and insisting he try a quarter of the sandwich his mother made him, the cookies he had baked the night earlier; him tagging along and chatting away while the raven haired boy set off for a good place to think during play time; and eventually walking halfway across their town to knock on his door and ask with a gap toothed smile if he'd like to play.
He was a nuisance at first, and Sherlock eventually decided that the best way to get rid of him was to actually allow him to spend the time he pleased with him and see for himself why Sherlock was always alone. That instead morphed into a friendship, one that even Sherlock didn't expect, though he didn't fight it when he began to realize that being alone wasn't totally awful.

[If you're keen on the idea of this taking place within their childhood (I'm thinking high school but again, totally open to change!) then this is a good ending for my idea! If you're wanting in their adulthood, however, this is an idea I've had for that. If you'd like something different, though, just say so! I'm super flexible on ideas like this! I'm super into angst when it comes to adult Sherlock so the following is defiantly that!]

They were inseparable throughout the years until university, when Sherlock began to dabble in drugs. Curly went to France to study in culinary school, and with his mate so far, and with himself gone in his addiction, he began to forcefully push the other out of his life. And now, in adulthood, though Sherlock cleared Curly from his Mind Palace entirely, Curly still sends his friend, or perhaps more so exfriend, birthday cards, Christmas cards, packages of baked goods, anything he can find an excuse contact him for, to let him know he isn't alone, unaware that all he sends is discarded in the bin, and all his calls are ignored for a reason of not choosing to remember him. We could have them interact by a chance meeting, or perhaps Moriarty gets involved! Anything is cool with me!

With that horrid explanation of an idea out of the way, I do have some information about me, my writing, and my rules below if you'd like to check that out!

~Me~
° I got doggos, fam! And, most likely, I will send you pictures if they do anything cute. Fair warning!

°My preferred pronouns are he/him, and I'm a nineteen year old male. I refer to
most people as dude, bro, etc, because I've got a nasty case of Dumb Jock Energy© but if you would prefer pronouns that differ from such or would be offended by such names, please let me know! It may take a moment for me to adjust in OOC chat, and I mean no disrespect by it, but I'll try my hardest to refrain as swiftly as possible!

° I am a pretty upbeat person, I use a ton of exclamation points!

° My favorite food is mac 'n' cheese with ketchup though I literally adore anything spicy.

° I have Celiac, so if you're gluten free at all, I'm happy to chat about that and share foods/recipes!

° Most importantly of all, I do this to make friends as much as I do it to write. I love OOC chat and fanboying over roleplays!!

~Me as a writer~

° I've been doing this (role-playing) for close to a year now, so I'm not the best. But, I feel my writing is really starting to develop!

°I'm currently studying to be a medical examiner, so darker themes [within the site rules] are something I'm comfortable writing. However, if you'd rather those not be utilized, please let me know! I can restrain.

° My writing style is nothing like my talking style. I'm quite somber at times, and I'm far less cringy!

°1000000% ghost friendly! It happens to us all! I always appreciate a message first, but that isn't needed! I do check in after about a week or so just to make sure everything is okay, I tend to worry a lot, especially so in a time like this, about my partners, but you don't need to even give a reason if you want to drop a roleplay!

°I have absolutely so issue picking up side characters or minor characters; I actually really like it! However, when it comes to doubling, I can't do it. I'm super sorry because I know it does suck when it's a Canon×OC situation but the two separate storylines just really overwhelms and stresses me out and that ruins the enjoyment of the roleplay on my part.

Now for my boring rules, I promise there are only a few!

° Please be 18+! I'm sure all you younger writers out there are absolutely extraordinary! Just for my peace of mind and morals I only feel comfortable writing with those of an adult age, especially when romance is involved.

° I prefer responses that are five to seven lines long at least, that being said, as long as you're putting in effort, and aren't sending one liners, I'll be fine.

° If you're wanting to include a touchy, trigger warning worthy subject, please run it by me first! And, if I decline its use, please respect that. I'll do the same. I have very few triggers, but sometimes certain subjects I just can't handle mentally that day, and if it wasn't preplanned out, something unexpected like that just isn't very fun in my opinion!

I hope you're interested! If you've made it this far, I applaud you! Have some flowers, they're very stylish!
❤❤🌸💐🌺🌷❤❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back