• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion [BBC] Paragraph Indent

Do you like seeing Indented Paragraphs in RP Posts?

• Yes, it makes posts more compact

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No, I prefer double-space with zero indent

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

wilk

I like to format my posts in novel-esque format, but it's hard to indent the first line of my paragraphs. Is there some simple code that we could use for this?

I'm also interested by whether people like seeing indents or not. I know it's novel-standard, but I never see it on RP forums because it's rarely an HTML/CSS default for forums post formatting.

EDITTED FOR CLARITY

Last edited:
Oh, I should clarify: I'm talking about first-line indent for paragraphs. The above code indents the entire paragraph, WHICH IS VERY USEFUL, but not what I was looking for.

Example:
<span style="text-indent: 30px"> First line of paragraph gets indented by 30 px </span>

Currently there is no BBCode available for what you are seeking.

I've noticed that you can't make a tab in the rpn text editor, but if you copy text from another editor that does support it, it transfers over into the editor. However, I do not know if it stays once you hit post, I always remove them before I can test that.

I think I know what you are referring to. It is a spacer. Or that was what it was called on a different site that used it. Only the first line would be indented, moved up slightly, while the rest remained in its original position. So the code exists, it just isn't here from what I've experienced.

(Edit: I personally also like the spacers and indents. I used them in RP's whenever they were available. A lot.)

One way of simulating this would be to add some transparent letters at the start. So:

wwwwwLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam turpis sapien, fringilla in ornare et, fringilla eu metus. Quisque et libero vel odio ornare congue. Nunc ac dolor sit amet libero aliquet consequat. Aliquam sagittis aliquam magna, et pretium velit pharetra in. Nulla viverra tellus ac semper condimentum. Vestibulum eget tortor laoreet nibh tempor pulvinar. Suspendisse quis ex dolor. Nam dictum sollicitudin arcu nec blandit. Nunc dictum dictum ligula in aliquam. Cras orci dui, suscipit at malesuada ac, malesuada at nulla. Nulla facilisi.
wwwwwMaecenas placerat risus ut felis tincidunt faucibus. Curabitur posuere posuere erat eu blandit. Vivamus non justo elit. Maecenas pellentesque arcu et sapien porta, quis ornare nisl pretium. Pellentesque vel ornare augue. In mattis convallis tellus vitae aliquam. Sed ac purus felis. Sed suscipit libero pulvinar ante lobortis tempus. Nam scelerisque dignissim nisi, quis ullamcorper dui efficitur quis. Pellentesque quis gravida tortor. Vivamus nec ultrices metus. Integer velit risus, ullamcorper eu libero ac, ornare faucibus metus. Maecenas quis urna laoreet, congue magna sed, facilisis elit. Mauris dignissim commodo feugiat.

Code:
[COLOR=transparent]wwwww[/COLOR]Lorem ipsum dolor ...
[COLOR=transparent]wwwww[/COLOR]Maecenas placerat ...

What I've seen on some old phpbb-based forums is a command called :tab:. Typing :tab: into a post on those forums will create a small indent, just like you've described. I guess it's a bit like the bb equivalent of HTML's nbsp.

I've attempted that, but the sites ignores multi-spaces. HTML ignores multi-spaces by default, so the forum has to specifically allow it.

  Testing
^there's the blank space thing to copy & paste if you'd like to use that to indent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back