• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Dw4a-yueying.jpgJade glanced back over to the mask man as he sat on the stool and ordered himself a drink.

“I am Captain Valtek Corinthe, I am or was, personal bodyguard to Prince Erzan of the Royal house of Runia”.

Valtek moved his hood slightly revealing the dent in the side of his skull and the parts of his ruined. Jade eyes widen a little it wasn't that she wasn't use to seeing things like this but the people she saw that survived and managed to her out didn't have dent in their skull.

“I was at the Palace, part of me died there.”

"I know what you mean...." Jade said quietly as she looked at her mug. After Valtek mug was filled she thought she heard him say whisper something though she couldn't make it out. Finally she pushed the mug away deciding not to drink anymore. She couldn't sit here and fell sorry for herself. Father would be ashamed if he knew I was here thinking if drinking my sorrows away. She thought to herself as she started to become increasingly irritated with herself.

“I don’t mean to scare you. I’m going to go and get a few essentials and then I’ll be back. If you’re gone I’ll understand but I need to find out what is going on. Should your road lead in the same direction as mine then I’ll help and keep you safe..............for as long as I am able."

Jade watch him leave and head upstairs and she began to get lost in her thoughts. She needed to snap out of it sitting here wasn't going to help anything. Deep down she knew she needed to head back home but at the same time Jade kind of wanted to avoid it. But she knew that her kingdom was probably going nuts they probably thought she was dead she hadn't even reported to anyone she was still alive. "Ahh! What am I doing?!" Jade said suddenly yelling out and slamming her fists on the bar. People turned to look at her but at the moment she really didn't care. Suddenly Jade stood up and grabbed her weapon she had leaning against the wall. She strapped the spear on to her back and waited for Valtek to return from down stairs.

When came back sown Jade walked over to him but before she could speak someone grabbed on to his arm. He said that a woman named Meg said she saw some girl jumped, or was pushed from the Whispering Tower and that she was naked and some woman caught her.

“Look Val, you gotta be careful now, there are patrols out there, soldiers. Not just from Onor but from Zerona as well if you can believe that ! They’re looking for something, or someone. Maybe time to get out of town, lay low, at least until you’re healed up.”

When the inn keeper mention the horses Jade looked at Valtek and crossed her arms. "I'm coming with you....and I Guess I should introduce myself." She didn't she lowered her voice so no one would he. "Considering who you are you probably saw me at the palace." She pulled back her hood a little so he could see her face. I'm Jade.........the heir of Ashland."
Baradour Baradour

Aroshann the Soul Reaper
Baddie.jpg
CRACK. The servant's ribs cracked under his left boot. Aroshann licked his lips, watching as the bald man's eyes bulged and he began to sob. It had been a century since the sorcerer could taste any sort of food or drink. But this... These moments were what he lived for. He could smell the blood beginning to pool in the servant's lungs, smell the adrenaline of fear on his skin. It was sweeter than any feast a king could give him.
"You," Aroshann said, removing his boot from the man's chest and bending over him until they were nearly nose to nose. "Anything to say? Come on, make this more fun for me."
The man sobbed harder, closing his eyes as Aroshaan faced him. "Why did you kill my son?"
Aroshann removed his knife and placed it on the man's ear and prepared to saw.
"He was but a frightened child," he gargled, the first signs of blood-forming in his mouth. "I told you to take me. What kind of monster—"
"Hey!"
an Onorian soldier, probably a lower-ranking officer. "What are you doing—"
Aroshann whirled before the officer could reach them. The man froze, the blood draining from his face.
"My apologies, my Lord," he said, backing away.
Aroshann smiled, twirling his knife in thin fingers. "See that your men make sure I am not disturbed."
The man nodded, his face white.
"Set a guard," Aroshann ordered, reaching for one of the servant's fingers and breaking it idly. It snapped like dry twig. "After him, I have a dozen others waiting for me and I would like to take my time."
The man gaped, saluted, then ran.
Aroshann looked out across the other twelve bodies. They laid splayed out, their limbs as useless as a ragdoll's. After the slaughter in Runia's great hall, the power required to paralyze them was as simple as fastening a button.
If only I was able to maintain this level of power. The thought turned his mood sour and he snapped another finger. Then another. The servant gurgled in pain, too weak for a proper scream. That made Aroshann feel better.
"My Lord," a voice said.
"I told you," he screeched. "To leave me alone!" But when he whirled around, he found the King's messenger staring at him without so much a flitch.
"The King has summoned you," the messenger said.
"Tell him I'm busy," Aroshann growled, snapping another finger. His victim screamed. The messenger didn't even blink. "Your King promised me souls."
"The King has requested your council,"
the boy repeated. "He has news on the Dragon's Eye."
Aroshann froze. The Dragon's Eye. A source of unlimited power. He would no longer have to drink souls to stay alive. He would not longer have to worry about becoming weak.
"Fine," Aroshann said. "But tell him I have a few small matters I must see to before I arrive." With that, he slid his dagger through the servant's throat.

An hour later, Aroshaan strode into the throne room covered in blood. Eyes followed him as he marched before the throne of Runia and did a low, mocking bow before the King Calasin of Onor.
The King peered down at him with sunken black eyes. He stood, hand on his sword, looking around the room as if given some unspoken command of silence.
A wave of bitterness stuck Aroshaan in the throat. How dare this man stand above him? He was 200 years younger than himself and a fraction the sorcerer. And still, he dared act superior?
"My generals are impressed by your work," the King began.
"Small-minded people are easily impressed," Aroshann replied, smiling as the faces of the guards around him turned blood red.
The King pressed his lips together and stepped down from the throne. "Then let us talk of greater matters," he said, turning to follow the corridor that led to the royal chambers. He waved his guards away as Aroshann fell in step beside him, languishing in the smears of blood that collected from the stones as they walked.
"The Dragon's Eye," Aroshann asked as soon as they were out of earshot. "What news?'
"First,"
the King replied. "I need to hear from your own mouth that the six kings have been destroyed."
Aroshann smiled at the memory. "The six kings who were not loyal to you died by my hands," he said, flexing his fingers and feeling the powers that still burned there from those dead souls.
"And the heirs?" the King asked, stepping around a puddle of blood in front of a tower door.
"All the sons are dead," Aroshann answered. "I heard Chaan left their youngest son behind from the feast but he can be easily dealt win. Especially once I have the Dragon's Eye—"
"And the daughters?"
the King growled.
Aroshann bit back a growl. "What's the point of having an army if you can't succeed in killing a few little girls? They are not worth my time."
The King stopped. They stood now at a tower window, looking down at where the Great River cut through the castle courtyard, and an old tower stood beside it. The Whispering Tower. Where Aroshann had first trained over two centuries ago.
"Two bodies were unaccounted for," the King said, nodding towards the window. "I need to know what you saw."
Aroshann thought back. His high from the slaughter causing a frenzied wave of euphoria. After stabbing the King of Runia through the heart, he remembered seeing a young woman. Oh yes. And he remembered paralyzing her so all she could do was watch as her family was murdered. That would add some extra flavor if he claimed her soul after his job was done. He licked his lips. Indeed. He had returned for her, but had seen soldiers dragging her away with an evil glint in their eyes. Perfect. He had thought. He would return for her when they were through. His mouth began to water. Her soul would be flavorful indeed.
"One of them was taken to that tower," Aroshann answered, trying to quell his sudden hunger. "The other may have escaped but was most likely injured or will be killed in our next march."
The King nodded. "The bitch from Runia threw herself from the tower window," he said scratching his stubble. "Her body is probably downstream somewhere but rumors are going around that the gods sent someone to save her from the fall."
Aroshann snorted.
The King turned to him, for the first time a flame of anger sparking in his gaze.
"The Dragon's eye is gone," he snapped. "We tortured the King's Mage and he said that it was moved nearly 19 years ago. And one of the survivors escaped with the map. Princess or servant, we don't know. All we know is that the Mage claims the map was handed off moments before they escaped."
Anger boiled in Aroshann's veins. A mortal with his prize? The unworthy slime. He would claim every one of their souls. He would devour them as fire does piles twigs.
"I want you to track and kill anyone who may have escaped," The King said with clenched fists. "And I don't think I have to tell you what needs to be done to get that damn map from them."
Aroshann nodded.
"We march next for the fronts of Chaan and Tidan," the new King of Runia said. "But this task, I appoint to you, Soul Reaper. Do not fail."
Aroshann eyes glinted and he gave another mocking bow. "It will be my pleasure."
With that, the sorcerer disappeared into thin air.

Last edited:
Febo was making good time. Well, relatively good time, considering he had to still keep an okay distance from the tiefling, lest she thought he wanted to be rid of her. Which he did. But no matter. After forty minutes of riding the group reached a small forest. Febo's camp was very near, concealed behind some thick foilage. He dismounted quickly, helping the princess down as well. "Of course. To answer your questions, I am Febo, Febo Obinspal, and this is my camp. Please, make yourself at home. I have a spare waterskin by the fire pit and I do believe some bread as well. I have also set up snares, so I will check them for any small game soon enough."

He quickly made his way over to a backpack, rummaging within. Clothes was not something he'd thought to pack in spares, as he was expecting the princess to be dressed by the time he found her. But of course, the soldiers had not seen fit to allow her such formalities. He lowered his head in disgust. He had been exposed to such things before, of course. Nurluk, his Father's right hand man, and his band of marauders made their depravity no secret. It did not make him any more comfortable however.

Finally he found what he was looking for. Some spare clothes of his own. A plain shirt alongside some leather trousers and shoes. It was by no means extravagant, much less worthy of a lady, but it would have to suffice. He also cut a few rolls of bandages-he had a feeling she'd need them. He handed her the items, smiling and turning his back to her so as to allow her to change from the tattered cloak. Finally, he produced a tinderbox, moving towards the fire pit. At last, no more complications. Things were going to plan. He'd check up the snares and rela-

There was a tabaxi. On the trees. By the looks of it, it had overtaken them a while ago. His hand instinctively went for his rapier, but he didn't draw it. The figure did not seem hostile. Not yet. Could he kill it if it was? Maybe. It definitely was incredibly fast, so he'd have to remember it. More complications. More bloody complications!

"Greetings to you, and likewise, I did not expect company. Who are you sir, and where are the men that were with you? There was more than one shape in those bushes."

He'd give him the benefit of the doubt before assaulting first. It was a risk he did not need and even if he managed to slay him his eagerness would make him look nothing but suspicious before the princess. Actually, speaking of the princess....he moved closer to her, putting his body between her and the tabaxi. Should the tabaxi choose to attack with that tremendous speed, he needed to be able to protect her.

Onix Lyon

Runia

Following the information that was on the shipping manifest, Onix walked through the city avoiding anyone that seemed like they would be too much trouble. If he did get caught by any of the soldiers he just said he was a sellsword on business for a randomly named captain in their forces which he lucked out on guessing the right one. But it didn't stop the soldiers from giving him funny looks. But he had to find out who had his family come here to make a delivery around this time. Coming up on belonging to the Rovers according to the manifest house somewhat damaged but you can still go in. When he came in Onix saw the bodies of people who might be alchemists of some weird group alongside a couple of Onor soldiers. After exploring for a bit he finds a hidden basement in it. walking down it he could tell halfway down the stairs what he would see. Once at the bottom, he saw a laboratory or maybe a ritual sight of sorts. With blood and body parts of multiple mythical beasts around. It seems they were used for something. Taking out a journal from his bag and looking at the beast parts he can tell they're from the Echo Islands. Then something suddenly came to Onix he rushed and searched the house one more time. There was no furniture no paintings or that it had been lived in much. Going back to the basement.
"So the name was more than likely fake. This place was probably temporary for whatever these guys were using it for. But did they not know about the attack."Picking up a strange coin two times bigger than a usual one it has the same symbol of the dead alchemists had on their outfit. It has a misshapen skull on one side and what appears to be a lantern on the other. Onix figures what he has to do next but before that, he would take a quick look around the city. He flips the coin in the air catches it and heads off.

After a while, Onix came across an interesting looking soldier, or at least he thought she was one. A fair looking Faun woman who seems like she would know something about some of the pets on his list. Onix knew a good amount about almost all types of beasts and the like. But it wouldn't hurt to have someone else helpful. He didn't see many Faun around but he saw his decent share in his line of work. Walking over to her.

"Hello, Miss I would like to ask if you know a lot about the beast from the Echo Islands. if so I would like to employ your services." Pulling out a medium-size bag of coin. "I would like your opinion on something. You may call me Lyon "If she agrees he would lead her to the somewhat gruesome scene at the house.

Borge

Last edited:
❛ the thief and the giant ❜
location: traveling - the dead egg inn | with: lorne | mentions: princess jade and valtek | tag: Cosmo Cosmo , animegirl20 animegirl20 , Baradour Baradour

Lorne's footsteps fell heavily on the dirt road beneath, the small pieces of gravel grinded together and shifted under his bulk, his dark eyes scanned the fields left in ruin and abandoned. The fall of the castle had spread fast as the road and surrounding areas had an influx of refugees fleeing further into the continent and he had already spotted more then a few scouts and riders of Onor that had been gathering supplies for the main host as well as spread the news of the fall and force the nearby population centers into submission. After all, it would be much easier to rule a popular that gave in then it was to try and smash every upstart that tried to arise to resist them. All through his observation there was a noise in the background, it wasn't the smoldering remains of a destroy castle, it was not the hushed whispers of refugees nor was it the war calls of Onorian scouts.. it was something for more exhausting, it was the tiefling.

How could this creature, or any creature, talk so much? Lorne simply did not understand it. They had walked for nearly two hours and not once had she stopped, if it wasn't questions about himself, it was statements on herself or observations about what they were seeing. He hadn't slept or eaten for days, he had spent the day before fighting through a city and castle, he had heard and seen horrible acts committed on people that had no business in the conflict, had felt the disappointment of failure and yet.. al of that paled in comparison to the sheer exhaustion the tiefling made him feel with every sentence. What was he supposed to do? Was this normal? Did people truly speak this much to one another? Was this how Aldire felt when he was surrounded by eager chits that sought his approval and affection? Or was this creature more talkative then most? Perhaps his younger brother sought to play a joke on him and so sent this thing to him to further his progress towards insanity.

Lorne looked down at the tiefling that kept pace with him, her long white and gray hair bounced with each step, a strand got caught on the wind and blew past her eyes and he wasn't quite sure what she said as he had... mostly stopped listening and had started to respond with nods and grunts which seemed to satisfy her enough. The tiefling had nothing, not even a pack, from what he could see. That was concerning. He wasn't incredibly confident he could have gotten supplies to replace what he lost with the rush of refugees and the panicked people buying everything they could get their hands on for fear of future shortages, but to get enough for both? What about a tent? Lorne never bothered as it was unneeded bulk, but she would likely need one as he doubted his two way was ideal. Blankets, a tent, food, water skins, tools, a new cooking pan... Would the tiefling expect a horse? Horses weren't cheap and easy to come by even in times of peace, Lorne didn't like the chances of them getting horses in such a time, perhaps they could pay for transport on a wagon for part of the journey to... wherever they were going, but even that could prove difficult as people did not feel at ease in his presence. That thought nearly brought Lorne to a halt, perhaps that was what the tiefling was for, she'd likely have better odds with the merchants and traders then he would.

Lorne flicked his eyes back to the village, it was... not as busy as he would have liked which meant they had missed the rush of refugees. The odds of supplies and a wagon ride just diminished. "Hn," Lorne grunted, nothing was ever easy.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━​

It's a mystery how the tiefling's footwork seemed to range from light and airy to chaotic and rushed, depending on circumstances. Today, despite her earlier grievances, was great. Her grey-silver hair moved along with her as her head seemed to bop slightly with each refined steps she took. Though her balance continued to keep her off-centered, no thanks to the boulder besides her, Navara kept her stability by attempting to following in the mountain's footstep, keeping an even pace by walking side-by-side with this being.

Under normal circumstances, Navara would prefer to hang back when she met new people. Instead of being in the forefront of deals, she kept a close eye and observed. Her fingers itched to keep busy as she was used to circling marks on a map and reading books. As curious as she was of the world, it wasn't a surprise to her that she felt more comfort in the safety of her crew, knowing they had her back. However, as she continued her idle chatter, her eyes glanced towards the mountain next to her from time-to-time. He wasn't a companion, it just so happened she owes him some compensation for aiding her.

Between land and water, she preferred water. The sound of the crashing waves against the ship and the smell of the salt in the air provided a blanket of security to her senses. On land, however, it was hard to keep her composure of feeling the need to do something with her feet or arms as she travelled. Before she knew it, there was a pep to her step as she tip-toed before slightly hopping one foot in front of another forward. It entertained her while her nonchalant musings were spoken out-loud before she added questions one after another. She didn't expect answers, but it was a way to keep a semblance of noise around her.

She hated the silence so she continued to question him.

"Are you on the run?"
"No."
"Do you work for Onur?"
"Sometimes."
"Are you working for them now?"
'No."
"Where are you from?"
"Rolgar."
"Where is Rolgar?"
"Ashlands."

While Lorne's curt answers were straight-forward and given with some grunts as he acknowledged her question, Navara wondered if he wasn't a talker and just how he is. She was used to being surrounded by people who loved telling stories, chatting, and being all-around a rowdy bunch. But, perhaps it was because she was comparing him to everyone on The Wicked Serpant that she now feels there's been a 180 in her own personality with her constantly keeping up the chatter. Navara wouldn't consider herself as someone who likes to talk much about herself but does enjoy learning of others and cultures.

However, when Lorne stated he was from Ashlands, she felt, in the small pit of her stomach both excitement and anxiousness. On one hand, she was excited to find someone who could perhaps help her on her quest of discovering why she woke up in a deserted, barren wasteland in Ashland, on the other, she was fearful of her past and what she might find if she dived further.

As she opened her mouth to say something else, her breath caught her throat as she coughed lightly. Attempting to swallow back her saliva, Navara felt her lips becoming dry and she wondered if they were at the village yet. But, at the sound of Lorne's hrn and grunt, Navara paused in her steps as she took a moment to finally take a glance around.

Blinking back her slight wonder, Navara furrowed her brows as she took a moment to take in the sights. It was almost empty and Navara could only wonder if she could find anything of value in a village that had less than she expected to see. They were supposed to find a place to rest, find rations, and recuperate, but how could they if there isn't anything left for them? It was bad business and The Wicked Serpents wouldn't have spent time scraping for items. However, taking a whiff of air, her nostrils flared as her tail slightly moved side-to-side in peak curiosity. The light, faint smell of ale filled her nose.

Looking over at the mountain, Navara coughed once more as she wanted to get his attention. "Lorne, let's go in that place over there!" She pointed quickly, feeling small jitters as she animatedly attempt to show him with her hands that she was thirsty. "It seems nice and it seems like a good place to stop by for a drink and get our bearings."

At those words, Navara attempted to wrap her small hand around his wrist as she wanted to pull and move him forward with her. "Come on! Before there wouldn't be anything left for us! You can send your message later, right now, we need this." Or rather, she wanted it.

Not wanting to waste another second, Navara quickened her pace before pushing through the door, heading towards the barkeep without so much as a breather nor a mind of how she was going to pay for drinks. "Two ales, sir!"

Without wasting anytime, the barkeep poured two and slammed it against the table. Navara's eyes brightened as a small grin formed across her lips as she attempted to reach for the drinks. But before she could, the barkeep placed a hand in front of her, palm up, motioning a hand gesture that she needed to pay. A small, incoherent whine escaped her lips as she pouted, turning towards wherever Lorne was located. It was always do now, ask later.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━​

Lorne tilted his head to the side as he looked to where she pointed, an inn. Odds were, if anyone in the town had any supplies leftover, it would be the inn that would seek to stockpile what they could even if they had to pay outlandish fees to do so, but he wasn't sure if that was the first place he'd start... Then again, there wasn't much else left, from the looks of the rest of the town. Lorne opened his mouth to agree but closed it when she tried, in vain, to wrap an arm around his broad waist and pull him towards the inn, but just as before, he moved with her guidance.. Well, the letter was true enough, after all, he'd have to find someone that could read and write and was trustworthy enough to actually do it which was never easy, the ability to read and write wasn't exactly the most common of skills outside of the wealthy who had need of it.

As they entered, Lorne scanned the room. The inn was certainly busier then the outside of it was which made a morbid sense. Those that could not escape what was to come would seek to drown their sorrows or pretend like it wasn't really happening. Gossip the problems away, as if it was a world away, instead of right down the road. He couldn't fault them, but a part of him did pity them. His eyes flicked to each person in the room as he assessed them before he focused on two on the other side of the inn, a man and a woman, hooded and cloaked. As they were the only two hooded and cloaked, they stood out which, if Lorne were being honest, always thought defeated the purpose of a hood and cloak. Wearing them up didn't divert attention so much as draw it, and if Lorne was a guard or was searching, that is exactly who he'd look for, but maybe it was more of a social thing. The hood being up made a statement that they didn't wish to be bothered and wanted to be left alone, and others naturally followed that request.

He examined what pieces of clothing he could spot, their cloaks and their weapons, the woman seemed better off while the man's equipment looked worn and weathered. Perhaps the duo was a noble chit and her guard who got caught up in it all? Or escaped from the castle before its fall? His dark eyes swept their weapons, he wasn't quite able to make out what the man had at his waist, but the large sword at his back hung heavily, well, if he was a merc, he was a well paid one. Greatswords weren't cheap and their usage on the battlefield always promised greater pay. He eyed the woman and noted her spear, it looked.. familiar. It reminded him of the guards that would protect the tax collector from his homeland that would come once a year to demand part of their goods for nothing in return, although their spears were not as.. Well, not as fine, but the general shape looked the same. Lorne tilted his head as his mind, never the sharpest, rolled along, perhaps she was an Ashlander? Bad time to visit the other nations.

Lorne realized he was being watched and turn his head back to his.... well, whatever the Tiefling was and noticed she was looking up at him and pouting like a sullen child. Had she been speaking and he not listening and she noticed? His gaze fell on the two mugs in front of her and the innkeeper with his hand held out for the money. So, his Tiefling tagalong was broke... Must have burnt up her coin traveling to find him for Aldire. Lorne dug out some coin from his pouch and placed it in the innkeepers palm and then slid the second mug back to his Tiefling companion, "Drink while you can," Lorne said.. part of him curious to see if the small tiefling thing could drink both mugs fast enough because he had a feeling they would not be staying long.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━​

Her eyes followed the mountain as she observed intently to the way his hands moved towards the coins in the satchel. Before long, Navara blinked back her slight surprise that he, not only allowed her to guide him into the inn, but also assisted her once more by paying for her drink. To top it off, the moment she was given one of the mug, he slid the second one towards her. With a tilt of her head, Navara hummed softly in curiosity as he told her to drink while she can.

Navara didn't question him, instead, she hastily grabbed one mug and took a big gulp of ale. The liquid swiftly and smoothly slipped down and Navara couldn't help but let out a soft woo! as she continued to chug the ale without stopping. While she was not a fast drinker, by any means, going through the days without any water proved to be dehydrating. Perhaps it was the reason why she couldn't focus on one particular topic. While she currently had a one-track mind, only able to focus on whats in front of her currently, Navara twirled away, back facing the bar as her eyes observed the atmosphere of the inn.

With half of her mug finished, Navara felt the hair on her arm stand up as she felt odd stares looking her way. Furrowing her brows, Navara continued to take sips of her ale. "Why are they staring, Lorne?" She absentmindedly pondered. But, what Navara didn't know was that her bloodied clothes and outward appearances caused many hardened glares as she was unwanted inside the inn. Furthermore, it didn't help that the being she was with was massive. The crowd seemed unwelcoming of the odd duo.

But, as light, whispered gossip continued made its way around the inn, Navara could only pick up small subtle context clues of the topic surveying the inn. It was no secret that the invasion of the troops from Onur caused a stir and people were scampering around to find shelter, safety, and supplies. The thought of being captured by Onur's forces made her stomach churn. She had things to do and people to see, to catch their eye was something she wanted to stay out of view of.

However, as she finished the last sip of her mug, her tail moved behind her as she was satisfied with the gold liquid. Reaching behind to take the second mug, Navara took another sip before hearing a female's voice abruptly cut through the silence across the way. With a raised brow, Navara tilted her head to the side before following the female's movement as she grabbed her spear. "You don't suppose she's going to try and take on the army herself, do you?"

But, seeing the male companion she had, Navara wondered if it was symbolic of the female to take off her hood. While she wasn't in ear shot of their conversation, Navara continued to feel the stares as she self-soothed by drinking, feeling her cheeks reddened as warmth bubbled in the pit of her stomach. "Are you sure you don't want one? Should we go now?" Her tail wished absentmindedly behind her, moving anywhere without concern.

Last edited:
Soon enough, the three reached an encampment. And frankly, the tiefling was severely out of breath from all the running. She was mostly keeping good pace with the warhorse, but forty minutes of constant running? It was a bit much. It took her a few seconds to regain her breath, Kidari's heartbeat feeling like it pumping blood into her throat. Kiki reached a bit, trying not to puke at how out of breath she was. But during the ride, she did register Auria's question; a few seconds more as Kidari was bent over catching breath. She stood straight back up, looking at Auria's thinly-cloaked body.
"The life debt isn't needed-I just acted on instinct. As for names, I am Kidari Kirinyui; Please just call me Kidari." "Or Kiki."
The demonkin averted her eyes a bit as Ria changed, not out of embarrassment but common courtesy. She didn't mind changing in front of others, herself, but that was neither here nor there. Movement in the trees caught her ears, and Kiki turned to the new arrival. A tabaxi. Notorious in the merchant circles for being con artists, scammers, and performers-they go wherever they please, where the money was highest. She remembered one particular bengil-patterned tabaxi named Fragrant Thrill, back when she traveled with merchants, scamming a lot of high-quality items from the caravan merchant she was serving under. Man, was the merchant mad.
But sliding from her memories, she listened to the tabaxi give greetings, and eyes Fabo as he instinctively went for his weapon. Her tail coiled instinctively around her leg; snapping her gaze back to the new arrival, Kidari pulled out a necklace from her breast pocket-it was golden in color, three silverish rings attached to the necklace-and held it tight in her hand. If nothing else, the tiefling could bribe him with something shiny, but she had a feeling that as soon as she pulled out the necklace the tabaxi would have his eyes on it. As is wont with their species.
She nodded in Febo's direction, letting the tabaxi know that they won't negotiate for the prize in her hand until he answered Febo's questions.

Tai’iq was still as his eyes surveyed the little encampment. They lingered on the two females for a little longer as he tried to remember the features of the two he’d seen in the water. Flaming red hair and horns on their head. They certainly looked similar. The Tabaxi swiveled his head a little bit to look at the man who was speaking. He was quick to see the man go for a weapon, though you’d have to be looking hard to see it his legs tensed as he readied himself to move.

Though he stayed put and listened to the man’s words. He was going to answer them until something caught his eye.

Was that a…

SHINY?!

A small piece of gold and silver glittered in the hands of the horned woman as she took out something so deliciously glistening that the tabaxi almost fell off his perch. His pupils got a little bigger and his whiskers twitched in anticipation as despite his not wanting to cause trouble his brain began working in overdrive on how to snatch that trinket.

With a shake of his tail Tai’iq collected himself though. So they had been aware of his presence, well perhaps not his presence but the presence of something else in the area.

“My name is Re’in, you must’ve heard a group of scoundrels that were pursuing me. Honestly quite a hard tale to believe if I’m being honest. Some odd armed men from across the sea seem to be searching for something in the area. They saw me and questioned me and when I couldn’t answer them they had the audacity to try and skin me. So understandably I ran away. Lucky for me a distraction in the form of two women floating down a river gave me time to slip away”.

Tai’iq told the group a story of mixed lies and truth. Technically he was chased by armed men from across the sea who were looking for something, Tai’iq just didn’t mention it was him they’d been looking for. He also gave a fake name just in case. He didn’t know if he could trust these people not to turn him in after all.

He tried very hard to avert his gaze from where the horned tiefling woman was hiding the shiny thing, and instead focus on the man who’d spoken.

“I heard your horses and came about to warn you about said armed rapscallions. After noting your non-affliation to them of course” Tai’iq finished off. Noting the lack of symbols that they held with them.

Valtek, with : animegirl20, crucially, Cosmo

The young woman pulled back her hood a little so he could see her face. “I'm Jade.........the heir of Ashland."

Vatek studied her face for a second without saying anything thing back to the formal dinner an introductions, memory flicking through the many faces before he had it. She hadn’t been the heir at that point, 2nd or 3rd back from the throne, standing at the back of the Ashland party.

He nodded respectfully to her, “you highness. I’m glad you made it out, I don’t think there are many survivors left alive, let alone still free. I’m very sorry about your family”. Her introduction made it clear thatt there were no other survivors from the ruling family of Ashland, another debt owed to Onor.

Sensing a change in the crowd in the tavern Valtek turned, taking in odd pair who had entered the inn.
The huge figure ducked as he entered the room, Val wasn’t a small man but he felt dwarfed by the figure. From the way he moved and the way his eyes flicked around the room before settling on Val and Jade this was no soldier, this was a warrior, this man was dangerous.

Without realising he was doing it Valtek took a half step forwards, putting himself slightly ahead of Jade and casually flicked the right hand edge of his cloak back behind his Axe. Had he to explain his actions he’d observe that the slight change of position would allow him to sweep Jade safely behind him with his left arm while drawing an axe in a second. Here though it was pure instinct, responding to a potential threat.

The tall figure, though from his sheer size and present potentially dangerous he didn’t appear to be a threat.The figure next to the giant had at first glance appeared to be a child but clearly wasn’t as she headed to the bar.

There was something about the man, his feature, his attire, turning to Jade he asked “Does he have the look of an Ashlander to you ?”

❛ Never Be Weak Again ❜
location: Travelling - Febo's camp | with: Kidari, Febo, and Tai'iq| mentions: The Same | tag: Athanas Athanas blitzfritz blitzfritz Yahhah Yahhah

Every muscle of Auria’s body ached by the time Febo Obinspal slowed his horse at the outskirts of his camp. Whether it was the riding or the beating she had taken beforehand she did not know but when the man finally produced some “clothing” from his bag, Auria was about ready to kiss the nearest person at the sight of them.

She turned to the tiefling instead, dropping her head in the lowest bow of respect and gratitude she could muster without her knees buckling. Kidari Kirinyui. The demonkin had said. It was a good name, vaguely Drobisi. And what was more, it belonged to the one who had thought to hurtle herself between Auria and her doom. Her father would have called that destiny. Her brother, Erzan would have called it dumb luck. But either way, it was a debt that she would repay even if the tiefling insisted otherwise.

“I am forever in your debt—” she said, but was cut off as the gentleman, Febo, interrupted, shouting a greeting towards the brush behind them. She whirled and saw the same two glittering yellow eyes she remembered before expelling her inside’s onto the gentleman’s boot. In the waning daylight, she could see black fur glinting from the outline of hunched shoulders.

Auria clung to her meager clothes as he spoke, watching the catlike mouth form words with a faintly rhythmic accent. Re’in seemed harmless enough, though her cheeks flamed when she heard yet another party had seen her wash ashore bare and nearly-drowned. Though her shame turned to dread in her stomach. Her heart thumped at his warning of armed men following at their heels.

I will not be defenseless again. She could not shake the horrid nightmare that still stung at her back of her mind. No one would ever touch her again. She would cut their fingers off if they dared reach for her. It didn’t matter that she hadn’t ever dealt so much as a paper cut before. From now on, she would make them pay.

The thoughts that churned in her mind made the gashes in her back burn with renewed agony. She stumbled away towards the firepit where water awaited, taking it and moving behind a tree to change into the garments Febo had given her. She hid behind a tree, and slid Kidari’s cloak from her shoulders. It stuck just slightly, to the places where dried blood and sweat had continued leaking while they rode. It tore open the scabs on her skin as it fell at her feet.

Auria took the first bandage and clenched it in her teeth, lying the rest of the tree branch at her side. She then strip by strip, cleaned and tied them around the broken bits of flesh that had once been skin. Deep nail marks tore across her abdomen, and she wrapped them biting her lip to hold back tears. Her hands began to shake as she pulled the pair of leather trousers on.

I will not be weak again. She swore but even then her hands shook harder as she reached back to try to clean a searing pain between her shoulder blades. Her ribs cracked as she bit her lip so hard it drew blood to keep herself from screaming. Instead, a small sob wracked her body.

“Kidari,” she called, trying to keep her voice steady. “Would you please come help me?” Auria blinked back tears as she cradled her arms across her breasts for some small bit of modesty. All she needed was help with this wound and she could put the shirt on. Then she could learn to be strong. Then she would make other people bleed.

She wiped away the last of her tears and braced herself.

Last edited:
Rita Silverwing
Runia Plaza
0e031be7f6e3d4842ca5d7f3c0a526fd.jpg

"No no that won't do either I should have known it would end up like this."
As several of Runia's soldiers in common clothes are all tied up in a row.Some seething with anger while others sit there still in shock at what they were witness to. As Rita walked around a newly made statue of one of their comrades in a pose frozen where he was pleading for mercy. Any of them who would want to do something stopped by their binds and the dozen of Onor swordsmen with their blades in their necks. The woman would allow any to watch but the Onor soldiers seemed ready to jump at any who wanted to step in. Waving her weird around her sword casually as an artist would there brush. Before stabbing the frozen soldier with it and draining his blood into it. The blade glows crimson for a while before the hilt starts making a glass vile in the shape of a heart. A heavily armed guard walks over with a case and opens it and she places it in there with others he closes it and walks away. She looks back at the remaining Runia soldiers.
"Alright send the next one" As one of them is untied and sent out to her with a sword in hand. Looking around to seeing the around eleven other dead friends that went before him.
"You know the deal right good sir"
"You made that clear y she-devil now die". Before charging her knowing that if he can win her will secure the freedom of both him and his remaining comrades. He throws a fury of attacks at her and she parries them or simply dodges them. Nearing his exhaustion he throws one final swing it hits but not his mark but one of his frozen friends nearly cutting him in half getting trapped in his body. While the man is in shock at what he's done. Rita brings down her blade taking both his arms. Just before he can scream in pain at what's happened a flash of silver takes his head and it freezes over almost instantly. Rita steps back to examine her work it almost looks like a fountain. She smiles at her work thinking it would be nice to have a painting of this.
Then a messenger comes up to her and hands her a letter. "The little ladies escaped really who was standing guard of them. What is this about gods getting involved? Nevermind that if
Aroshann on it I shouldn't have to do anything but since I'm in a good mood." Someone bring me a map."
Turning around to the remaining Runia soldiers."I'm done with them."
No, later that she says that the Onor men begin their slaughter. A giant of a man with a war hammer the size of an average man walks over with a map looking like it's a pencil. When Rita sees him she says."Oh do I have a job for you "
After receiving his orders the giant man heads off to the forest with a squad of others. When he was a good distance away she makes a bat out of ice and gives it a blood eye and it follows trails behind him."I guess I'll take a little walk. Maybe I'll meet a friendly face."

Aroshann the Soul Reaper

Aroshann stretched his long fingers as he strode towards the Town, smiling at the plundered streets. His cloak billowed out around him like a drunken phantom, overflowing with the power of his slaughter only hours before. He smiled as Onorian troops slunk away from him.

Damn. He hasn’t felt this powerful in too long. It reminded him of his golden years, when Aroshann of Runia had first returned to Lore. When Runia had set their assassins on him again and again... and each died like a dog at his feet, soul juicy from their defeat, fear, and broken pride. Then, there had been none but the Keepers of the Dragon’s Eye could stand against him. And even many of them had died defending Runia’s great secret. The secret that had turned him from Aroshann of Runia the weakling into Aroshann the Soul Reaper.

Now he flexed his fingers as he looked out over the wall of Runia. Destroyed kingdom at this back, the road to the rest of Lore ahead.

The King sees you as his tool. He thought, smiling down at gap between the mountains, where roads twisted away from the city like rocky veins. Let us remind him of just who he is dealing with.

He stretched his hands towards the mountains and screamed three black words towards the sky. With that, two twin lightning bolts split the sky. Euphoria burst in his ears at the sight of his power.

Indeed, it had been a lifetime since he was capable of such wonders. The cries and screams began as fires began to roar on the mountainside.

His lip curled as smoke erupted from the forest and wind swirled overhead, igniting everything in its wake. In the next few hours, the Rune mountains would burn along with anyone who had escaped the city.

A shiver coursed ran up his spine and he leaned on his staff. Bastards. He licked his lips and groaned. His stomach churned with a sudden hunger. He breathed in, tasting the fear of thousands of terrified souls as their sacred mountains burst into flames and with them... their only hope of escape turned to ash.

He fazed down from the wall before the gates. A squadron of Onor guards raised their spears. Aroshann tipped his head in greeting, his watering from the temptation of those scared soldiers’ souls.

Kill any who try to escape,” he said then cocked his head. “Or any that come from the mountains seeking refuge.”

The Captain gaped, then in a moment of recognition, nodded his body shaking.

Good,” he said, freezing a ragged mother clasping her child as they ran towards the gates. He admired them a moment before stabbing them both through The chest in one movement, sighing as their souls wet his lips. ”I will take care of the rest of the survivors myself.”
A3649FF6-D4F8-4843-A65E-5159440C166E.jpeg

Last edited:
Febo had never been a stout believer in Karma, or divine justice, or what have you the priests would yell about at the top of their lungs come prayer day. He'd seen enough of the world with his own very eyes to know full well that the stories they told children were, well, just that: Stories for children. The only thing the hero's bravery afforded him was a humiliating death, and no beams of light would ever descend from the heavens to smite the vilain, didn't matter what they'd done.

And yet, standing there, fully aware that any hopes he had of his plan going off are melting away as the tabaxi was apparently not only unshaken by his display, it spoke of people hunting it down, he could not help but feel as if though some divine entity was punishing him for his long list of crimes. The tiefling, Kidari was her name, was called by Auria in her seclusion in order to aid her dress. Great. Bonding already. The tabaxi was still focused on the jewelry, and didn't look like he'd be backing down. Of course. If his pursuers came here, they'd find the princess. They'd put two and two together and try to bag her, too. He'd be forced to help the tabaxi.

And he couldn't kill the fucker either, because that would make him seem unheroic before the princess, and would make her suspicious.

His mind raced as he tried to think of a new plan. He restructured everything in his head, and started top-down once again.

This might have been a catastrophe, but he could roll with the punches. Both the tiefling and the tabaxi seemed to be rascals, ruffians, without particular ambition. The princess, on the other hand, was pretty much a blank canvas. He could use them in her training. They probably knew things he didn't, they could make things roll by faster. Perhaps he could even convince them to aid him in his righteous cause? Yes, the promise of payment would tempt the tabaxi. The apparent interest of the tiefling in the princess would be what tempted her instead. And if he was decisive, he could assume command of this ragtag band.

It was a risky plan-He’d have to keep track of three variables instead of one. But he felt like ultimately it would be worthwhile to at least make an effort. With an intentionally forced smile, he addressed the tabaxi.

“Good evening good sir, and pardon my anxiety, but it just so happens we too are on the run. I will not lie-to associate yourself willingly with us is a risky endeavor, to put it mildly. To that end, I will not fault you if you turn around now and pretend you never saw anything. Yet, if you insist on remaining, I shall explain everything shortly.”

He turned around, addressing Kidari, although he did not dare gaze upon the princess for obvious reasons. “Kidari, would you be so kind as to go and retrieve tonight’s meal? I can aid the princess, instead. I believe it would be preferable if I did not leave her side for now, seeing as how I am the superior fighter, meaning no offense, of course. Now, please, move about a hundred and ten paces to the north, you cannot miss them.”

He was not lying-he indeed did not yet trust the princess to be away from him. But also, conditioning the tiefling to follow his commands was not a bad idea.

Fear The Gorgon
e87a330459154c2841f71cdf9b00fdfd.jpg

Several branches approached the dead men hanging from their sister vines, their being much more animated now under the darkening sky. As the sun abandon them to their fate, the group of dead trees were not as dead as one might have originally. Although, it seemed less and less appropriate to see them as individuals and more as pieces to whole. A Monster, yes, some sort of monster in the shape of a Canopy…or was it the other way around and that this was a native Flaura with monstrous qualities? So many uncertainties, except that it was dangerous either way you leaned.

As they came closer in the dark light, he could see the very ends of its limbs turning into the pointy edges of unmistakably sharpened Stakes. Some were as thin as an average stick, others thick as his own arms and legs, a few were…larger, to say the least, in terms of their diameter. He would've shudder, but his body had remained still throughout the spectacle. The revelation before him had silenced his mind, numbing his senses and leaving him in a state were the only thing he could do is be continually perplexed. It was a sailor's trait to be naturally curious and superstitious, especially when confronting the unknown.
But now that the Unknown was confronting him…
FWA-FW-FW-FW-FW-FW-FFFSSH-THUNK A sound of rustling came from the air above them before one of the nearby branches vertically snapped towards it, jutting into the sky. Several other branches turned in unison to take after its lead, seeking with great interest the recent change in its behavior, and despite the searing pain in his arm, the Captain without a ship could not stop his eyes from following with intense focus. Several meters over their heads, a tendril stood erect while being surrounded by others of its kind poking at it.

Or rather, poking at something on it, there was form of mass near the end of the limb that the others had set to prodding. At this point, it was a bit too dark to make out what it was on vision alone, however, the mystery was solved as feathers from the object began to fall around his head… and blood. A bird had been run through by the branch, probably caught by surprise as it was searching for a place to roost for the night. Unfortunate that it would not be seeing another tomorrow.

A few limbs pierced the fowl's body, others trailing the sides of the original harpooner as if trying to scratch at it. They were not particularly sporadic in their cruelty, not that this eased the man as he began to understand his fate. But as all of this was going on, the captain noticed something peculiar. A light started to glow amongst the branches in contact with the carcass. It was fairly dim to begin with, but it’s vibrancy only grew with the passing time. Like stars coming to rest on the limbs, leaves made from silver light started to sprout from the branches. In some cases there were even flowers of scarlet jewelry unraveling from the husk of bark. And ever observant as he was throughout the evening, the captain realized that there was a correlation between the amount of bloom and the interaction with the corpse. The ones scratching as the sides of branches spearing the body had this effect to a much lesser degree.

The limb that caught the bird shown like a beacon the dark, so grossly Incandescent unlike any other.

And then something touched him. It couldn't be said that this was a calm feeling, as if he forced himself to maintain his nerve, but the captain kept as still as he could be. Something prodded at his thigh, something sharp, but it did not pierce the skin. It retreated for a moment and then began to poke elsewhere. It was checking for, looking for something, seeking something…desiring something. And it was travelling upwards, from his thigh to his stomach, from his ribs to his chest. For the last part, it took a moment to stop over by the left side. Right over where his beating heart was unmistakably thumping. Seemingly intrigued by this rhythmic feeling underneath his skin, the sharp poke was a bit more persistent. It was drawn towards this tempo, and couldn't look away so easily…but it did, as it was detecting something more interesting.

For now.

The prodding reappeared at the nape of his neck, and this time the sharp prick did not let off as easily as it chose to drag its edge across the open skin in shameless intoxication. But it still traveled upwards, until finally, he could see it with up most clarity. A branch had taken interest in the ensnared prey, only one for the moment, but not any more comforting in its invasion of his personal space. It drew its end across his face, stopped, and became still on his cheek. For a moment, it almost seemed like a normal tree branch again, and that terrified him more than it'd given the sailor hope-knowing that this creature could blend in so effortlessly. However, the stillness did not last forever. A twinkle beneath his eye began to show, and then it started to grow brighter. A feeling that something was grabbing onto his face stole the captain's attention from the branch and move his eyes towards the light so close to his face.

What he saw was a shimmering silver leaf growing from the spot the branch had touched him, and by the itch, he could tell that it was growing out of him. Perplexed by its appearance, he was absolutely stunned when even more light flooded his vision soon after. It wasn't the same experience he had on the beach earlier that day, but it shook him to his core nonetheless. Leaves and Flowers showered from above like embers of will-o-wisp, obscuring his sight even more in the already blind dark. They fell to the floor, and, much to his chagrin, revealed even more movement among the forest floor. Yet it he did not focus on them for too long, as many faded away upon touching the ground. As it were, his attention had returned back to the iridescent growth on his face.

It was no longer just a leaf, from a silver spade had been born quite the diamond of a flower. At first, its light was an unfiltered white. But as it grew more vibrant, its milky color became dyed with red. A shimmering, crimson dandelion. A beautiful display of the magic behind nature, even amidst the horrifying reality around it. Its majesty, however, was coming to an end. When the plant reached a point of brilliance unlike before, its stem faltered and collapsed. The flower had begun to fall from its place of birth and sank into the dark void beneath like a dying fairy. And as it simmered its last twilight sparkle, its beauty within the world came to an end.

As did its mystery. The plant, as magical of an existence as it was, did not come from nothing. It was not born from nothing. And as the man remembered where the rest of the flowers fell from, the bird, so to did he remember the feathers came above him. And the bits blood that landed on him. That was what the Flowers came from, what the Tree sought after, and what the Branches came for. And as if reading his mind, the once still branch began a retreat from his face. Now that the remains from the bird was removed from his person, the limb sought a fresher source. It started to retrace its steps and moved down from his head to his neck, though this time it was a bit rougher and he grimaced at sharp pin scraping the skin over his throat. But it did not draw injury here, nothing worse than a light bruise to remembered.

The branch stopped, and without fail, the spot its journey ended at was above the left side of the sailor’s chest. A monster that was after his own heart. What a sick joke to humor himself with in a moment like this. If only it weren't so funny, he might not have forgotten to laugh. The branch pushed its edge into his clothing, into his skin, into his ribs-but it never pierced anything. For a moment, the dreaded thought it was slowly going to burrow its way through him. And yet, for better or worse, the pressure on his chest disappeared. The branch had pulled back…no, it was still coiling back. Even in the low light, he could see it preparing to strike. Its target had been marked, it had ascertained the correct angle to penetrate, and as soon the monster had the leverage-

“NOW” his mind blared the warning from its numbing state. All at once, the disturbing stillness that had took over him was broken. His sense returned in full and it was more than he wished to fight against the panic that was trying to recapture him in this delicate state. Yet he did not give it the chance to settle, for the sensation to rob him of his will. He forced his body to move. First was the pain from his arm caught in the vine-which had grown from entangling his wrist to wrapping around his elbow. What he was seeking came past it, further above in the palm of his hand. His cutlass! Resting in his still firm and definitely over tight grip. As it were, it was useless to him. So he did what any reasonable man would do.

And dropped it…right before catching it in his other hand! Without a second to waste, he swung the blade upwards. Twisting his body and throwing as much weight behind its edge as he lashed out into the air in front of him. And as fickle as a mistress luck could be, it continued to favor him as he felt the sword strike into the wooden surface of the spear rushing to end him. He had cut it, not deeply and certainly not due to his own strength alone, but he had been on the mark with his aim and forced its course elsewhere from his person. Denied of its right to his heart, the limb did not take this rejection well and turned on him as angry as a murderous snake. The captain couldn't feel the beads of sweat rolling over his pale face before slashing at it again, and again, and again. Couldn't tell if he did any actual harm, but he sure tried.

He was a mad man hacking away at anything in the space around him, the branch, it’s siblings that came to investigate, the vine holding his arm-“UuooaAA” a wailing bellow flew out of him as he fell. But even with his silence broken and body descending with speed, he never stopped swinging the hand holding his blade. Sometimes it connected with another vine trying to recapture him, and others it would hit nothing but air. But he didn't stop until he hit the ground and had the wind knocked out of him. Choking on a groan, the freed victim had little time to celebrate before a scream called out from above. Urgency surged through his veins, and he looked up to see the stars growing in the dark above him.

The illumination was much stronger this time, giving the captain the best view of the creature since sunset. It was still a warped monster, though this was his first time being able to see its body in full with there being distance in between them. Its trunk was like a cord, a given sense it was made from several smaller trees tying themselves together, but it remained firm and unmoving in its hull as if that was how it had always been. The motion from above was what reminded him that it was no normal plant. A Hydra's Nest crowned the behemoth, anointing itself as some forest king. The limbs of the monstrosity were writhing in the air above. Some acted as if in confusion by the his sudden departure, investigating the air where he must've been at a moment ago. But quite a few were gathered around the new constellation of stars in their grasp.

It was his crewmate, the cursed tree was…”Damn you!” he cursed with horsed breath. Scrambling to his feet, trying to ignore the new limp he felt in his step, the sailor started to hack at the base of the trunk with his blade. “Let him go, you over sized walking stick.” His threats were answered by blow to his gut. The force was so great it launched him several meters away from the tree and sent him rolling. He was laying on his back once more, in a worse condition than before. Trying to get up, he felt a sharp pain inside his torso-something broke…maybe a few. Lifting his head, he looked back at the base of the tree where he'd been standing and saw movement.

Roots. As above. So below. This plant infected the earth beneath the forest floor with a mass tentacles, each independent agent corralling around the base of the great tree and acting in unison. One tendril was abrupt from the others, the one that struck him. It was pointing at his direction, knowing where he was despite lacking vision. It almost seemed frustrated, and couldn't tell whether it was from him attacking the tree or from regretting that he had been removed from its range. Yes. For all intents and purposes, he was free. Safe from the tree if not from anything and everything else in the dark. That's the way it should've been until he was being dragged back by his ankle.

Vines! Once again, he was ensnared the Tree's little helpers and being brought to their master. He tried to slash them with his cutlass and free himself, but they were pulling him at an alarmingly fast pace that he couldn't lift himself to reach. Looking past his feet, he saw the root staring at him before twitching and arching in excitement. Several of its own kind had joined it sinced as all greedily waited for their meal to be delivered. More vines began wrapping around his legs, looking to secure the Tree's slippery prize. A root raised itself, the end of the tendril curled into pointing down as a fish hook. And as the vines slowed in their efforts, the light from the branches shown on the sailors' last moments within this life. The Root coiled in celebration, and struck like a harpoon-

[The Surprise is theme music, tap that play button and treat yourself]

946810265_preview_fh-ubi-berserker-trailer-712x712_Desktop_269608.jpg

“UUAAAHHHH!” a guttural roar called out in night. The light disappeared for a moment as shadow flashed before it, and thunder crashed at the captain's feet. The captain had ceased in being pulled across the forest floor, his feet colliding with something hard. The Root that was about to impale never came, or rather, arrived at targeted location. He could see it retracted in the air dancing sporadically, suddenly sporting a flat face instead of a spear head.

For a moment. All was still.

Between the tree and his person was a large object, a living creature that had appeared from the dark of the forest. And more importantly, it had momentarily saved him from his fate. It was humanoid, perhaps native, wielding some tools in its hands that looked to be axes. Intelligent Life! Yes. Someone was alive in this land, someone he could commune. Get help from. The sudden splurge of joy was quickly dashed, however, as the person began to stand.

The stranger did not show any signs of detecting the change in the sailor’s mood, nor did he wait for much of a response. While the world was frozen for the man laying on his back, it moved fairly fast he was standing on his feet. Twirling the axe buried in the ground, he put his attention on the spike at the butt of the axe head. He drove it underneath the captain’s ankle, twisted his body in a circle as he stood, and pulled with great might from his right arm. The other man yelp in both pain and surprised as his was flipped over, but he would have no right to complain as he narrowly avoided being skewered by the roots jutting into ground where he'd once been.

They weren't the only ones, though, and this newcomer was not as lucky as the sailor. One tendril dove into the man's left shoulder, almost knocking him off his feet. And yet, despite the mortal blow to a part of his person, there was no cry in pain, no attempt to escape the danger he was in. Instead, when he was struck, he shifted his weight and landed his foot back into the dirt behind him. Then he allowed the arm on the same side to roll out during the motion, giving it a wide birth, and swung a haymaker back into the spear that lodge itself in him.

The root was batted aside like a wet noodle, chips of its surface being dusted off into the air. Another tentacle tried to join in, harpooning the stranger in his abdomen. But he'd been more prepared this time, hardly being moved by the attack, readily smashing the offender with an overhead strike from his other weapon. Several more came after them, and what resulted was a violent and messy dance. He would get hit, and he would somehow seemingly hit back even harder. His movements did not slow, in fact they were becoming faster with each exchange of blows.

And yet, despite the incredible spectacle of living things struggling to survive, the captain without a ship was as still as the dead. His keen eyes had shifted their analysis almost entirely from the monstrous tree to this tiny titan holding its own in a war of attrition against it. He was big, not inherently enormous, but the way he was built might've given an average man a sense of lacking. His muscle was hard and chest broad, he had a posture that made it seem he was towering if one did not measure properly. But still, as the view of him became clear, the air around the sailor was one field with dread. The man wore a mask that covered his eyes, the rest of his face free for viewing, but not only did it do nothing to hide his identity.

It reaffirmed him that the Statue from the sea was no mere nightmare. The being that was originally of stone raised his bronze axes in the air, rearing to his greatest height, and roared as if he were trying to intimidate the monster. For a moment, to the sailor, he seemed larger than life itself. And then the figure crumbled when he took another hit to his chest. No! Something was off. He was not at his limit, the statue goaded that blow-he received it. The stranger was hit on his left and turned with the force. His raised arms leveled to his shoulders, applying some counter weight with the hit as he spun in place. And the hand leading released its tool, throwing the blade into the hull of the tree.

All until now, the Tree had been a silent thing. Of course, it produced sounds from the twisting and turning of its bark, but all of that had been in the realm of a normal plant. This was the first time he heard genuine sound from the monster, crying out in painful screeching as it reeled from the axe burrowed in its trunk. Not wasting a moment, the warrior leaped towards the tree and smashed his right axe into the hull. More wailing came from the gargantuan flora, this time actually twisting itself as if to get away from this mad animal attached to it. The stranger ignored it, ripped his other blade out, and drove it above him right back into the tree. He repeated this with the other axe, and began to climb using this motion.

The tree, despite obviously being in such distress, did not do much to stop him. The roots had regressed in their assault, hardly moving to pull him off before he left their range. Ever so curious to the changes in his environment, the sailor found his sea legs again and began to pick himself. His hands touched something, causing him to freeze as he realized a root was right beneath him. Yet it did not react to him, and when he looked, he saw that it was merely a piece that had been chopped off. The tendrils that tried to end him. Now it was just a plain piece of wood, devoid of any life and cold as stone…it was stone. Picking it up, examining it closer with both his hands and eyes, he realized the object in his hand was little more than a rock. But he'd been so certain that it was the remains of the root, the shape and place it lay was as it should be if nothing else.

“…” looking back at the nest of tentacles, the sailor studied them. They were greatly devoid of movement, the ones that could had become sluggish and unresponsive. A few were frozen in place, lifeless and leaving no sign as to otherwise. He did not approach them, but he had clarity that they were no longer the threat they once were. More howling came from above, he couldn't nor wouldn't define it as human. A glance upwards and he saw a horrible battle take place between the hydra and statue. The events that had taken place above were starkly different from what happened below. The branches were many compared to the roots, greater in size as well. And despite the ferocious assault, the man had been burden the change in position.

Using his weapons just to hold on to the tree, he could only use one at a time to retaliate against the tree's resistance. THUNK-THUNK-THUNK. The wooden vipers attacked one side, harpoon their edge into him. He swung as best he could, knocking them away. THUNK-THUNK-THUNK. Then they stabbed at the open side where the stranger was hanging by one axe. He hacked them aside, yet, the earned the same response on the opposite end. The monster showed a spark of intelligence, realizing he was limited in his movements and exploited this vulnerability. That…or it was afraid. It attacked when it thought he couldn't attack back, and retreated when it sensed that he could. Some of its tendrils were hit, but many more were simply scratched because it had grew so precarious. It became far more focused on simply extending this siege into fruitless work than preventing it through fortified force.

But the stranger did not let it dissuade him, and continued his climb. After dealing with another barrage of spears, he started to ignore them. Detecting this change in behavior, the stabbing grew worse as the tree worked harder to remove him from itself. The branches would hammer themselves into his back, some becoming lodge and trying to hold him in place. The rest would continue to smash and chip away at his person, his flesh being torned and blood being spilled towards the earth. Yet still…he kept climbing. And unlike the tree's earlier victims, no flowers grew from his person. He was not like the living things that it had come across, and he refused to return to being a dead object that didn't bother it.

As if getting angry by his persistence, more branches pieced his back while a few stuck themselves to his gut. They did not let go, rather, they pressed deeper and turned him into a pin cushion. They added their weight to him to make him stop, and pushed back in determination. The force was so great that his axes had been dislodge from the tree's hull and he fell back onto the wooden stakes impaling him. In this nest of thorns, several meters in the air, he lay still.

Finally. The Statue from beneath the sea returned to its inanimate state. All became quiet as the battle reached its climax. The captain stared at the spectacle, wondering if everything before his eyes were even true. Was any of this real, or had it been some strange dream he'd fallen into from losing his ship and his crew. Before any more thought could be given to it, he saw the gleam of bronze shimmer in dark and heard the resounding thud of an axe biting into a piece of wood. Then he heard another, and another. And another. And as the drums of destruction continued, the tree ceased in its existence with weeping cry.

The stranger used the branches to make up for the one thing he lacked: Leverage. And now that he was able to balance his upper body, his arms were free to do their job without issue. Light thudding could be heard on the ground, things fell from above in the branches. Vines vacated the canopy, seeking to be elsewhere from their host even if they continued to die on their own. The sailor observed this, and immediately turned his attention to the glowing red light in tree top.

[Theme Music off folks...scroll all the way back up there and click it pls. Sorry for the extra work.]

Nearly every sign that it had once been a human was erased. However, it was not quite still, the bundle that been so securely wrap was now dwindling by a turning thread that was as strong as it'd once been. In fact the reverberation from the chopping blades seemed to whittle away at the resistance to tension the vine once had-the captain immediately picked himself up and ran towards the spot beneath it. Not a moment sooner had he caught the bouquet of crimson light in his arms, falling, perhaps breaking something already broken, before coming to a halt. With shaking hands, he brush the light away and looked past them. What he found was the cold and pale skin of his crewmate beneath, frozen like a fish at the market. He had no words of to express his thought, the one comrade he had tried to save seemed too far gone. He'd been powerless to prevent this…

His gaze rose up at the tree top. The monster had turned its being and bent over, curling its top as if to hide itself from the world. And as he looked at it, the rays of sunlight broke the forest apart and granted the sailor improved vision. What he saw was the stranger standing on top of it, freed from its prison, and comfortable with its submission enough that his onslaught had come to an end. He looked to be studying his handiwork, a huge gash in the side of the monster. It was pale, even more so than the captain remembered from the day before. It certainly felt the part of being lifeless this time around.

And then his eyes drifted to something he wasn't quite ready to see. The mask of the strange staring back at him. It seemed bigger, then he remembered. More defined in its feature, covering a fair bit more of his face then he originally thought. It struck him odd, for some reason. Even more so than the fact that he was blind…the mask had no eye holes, he realized and allowed that information to sink in. And yet, he seemed to understand where the sailor was with clarity. The two watch each other silence, no words to trade for a pleasant conversation.

“!” The captain turned his head to the woods. The silence had been thankfully broken as sounds of human voices came from the woods. They called out, as if seeking something in the waning light.

“Friends of yours” a voice he'd not been prepared for appeared next to him. Slowly returning his view back to the same direction a moment ago, the sailor felt his heart trying to escape through his throat as the masked stranger knelt in front of him. His emptied of its weapon had reached out, over the crew mate covered in flowers. Not touching him, but hovering as if there were a connection. “Like this one. Some of them, at least. I found more earlier, ones who belong here.”

Natives. That piqued the captain’s interest. A wealth of information was available for him to grasp, the kind that he could use to sa…his grip tightened. “Do you know where we are?”

“…No” The mask looked at the crew. “I was told where…but I do not know it for myself. All that I found that I know is the Sun, Moon…Sea” the mask tilted up “and now…I found you.” The strangers hand lifted from hovering over the crewmate, to being held at eye level with captain. The feeling of dread came back to him, pure in its own right and needing no reminder of the battle. Then the hand relented, and fell back to its side. Picking up a bronze axes and hoisting it on his belt, the stranger reached out and lifted the crew from the captain. Startled by sudden shift in weight, the captain followed with a freight not at all certain how to respond to a man who single handedly beat a monster on his own.

The mask tilted one way in question before the stranger said “I will deliver him to your comrades, with your supervision. Better you be able to walk on your own.

The captain considered his options for a moment, and replied “He's my responsibility, it is hard for me to let go so easily.” The mask titled, the stranger in thought. Then he returned the crewmate to his arms before grabbing his shoulders and pulling him up to his feet. The motion caught him off guard, to suddenly be standing again brought many sensations to him. Like the fact he had broken ribs. He winced in pain, but he dared not let go.

The mask observed him. “What…is your name? Brave one.”

“…Perseus” he spoke after gathering himself. And just he did so, the captain almost regretted it. The mask glared at him in a way that, least said, made the man feel uncomfortable. The grip around his shoulders tighten, fingers digging into his flesh as if they forgotten where his weapons were. The dread had returned, and it had been heightened to a point that he wondered if the stranger was acknowledging him any better than the tree. All this…was a but an instant flash. As soon as it came , it disappeared. The unforgiving aura retracted, and the stranger let go of him. Even the mask seemed calmer.

“Forgive me. I am grateful you've freed me from my tomb, and hope to repay you one day. I am not familiar with this land, but I will see to it that you have my gratitude” and with that, the stranger turned towards the sound of people coming towards them. The captain was taken aback by the sudden change in mood, thankful that the masked man's ire was no longer on him, but, curious where it had come from if for no better reason to avoid it. That said, it seem he'd made the acquaintance of quite the unique individual. Further more, he wanted to reimburse him for what had turned into a shambled exploration. Not even the relations from his side dealings with those people from Tidan felt so strange.

“!-What…what is your name?” He spoke with a horsed voiced. The stranger stopped, and turned back to Perseus.

“Meadeus. I am, Meadeus.”

I would like to apologize. Sometimes I run with an idea and I don't know when to stop. Or how, if I'm honest, to do it in a reasonable amount.

I hope you enjoy, because it's the last big epic post you'll get from me for a while. I look forward to smaller post with fellow role players from here on.

This concludes the introduction of Meadeus, The Blind Gorgon.

Last edited:
The tabaxi-Re'in, as he called himself-did notice the jewelry in her hand, of course. But as they talked, Kidari got called over to help Auria, and then Febo wanted to order her around. She shook herself slightly and gave her tail a shake before turning to Febo, not amused at both the fighting comment nor the fact that he decided to go all leadery. She would roll with it for now, though; that's what she was trained to do. "I'll get tonight's dinner in just a moment, as collecting it would be easier with his-" Kidari pointed to the Tabaxi, "-help. He outpaced your own horse, after all."
As she was walking to Ria, Kiki gave a glance back to Febo, speaking to him, "And jumping from a river buck naked from pursuers might be a bad sign on how she was handled, so I don't think she wants another man touching her right now." Kiki flashed him a toothy smile, "Just an observation."
And with that, Kiki went back to helping Ria first. Kiki had a set order when dealing with multiple requests at the same time like this, and the longer time that the task would take, she would do it later. Peaking around the tree that Auria was hiding, she whispered, "I'm here, I'm here." The tiefling motioned for Ria to turn her back to her, and she lightly took the bandage and water to help clean the princess up. "I don't think I caught your name, miss...??" As she was lightly running splashes of water across the hardened wounds, she noticed...something. Were they words? A map? Taking a bit more water and rubbing harder to help clearly make out what it read-softly saying "Sorry." if Auria was hurting from this-she finally got it in a mostly presentable state. As Kidari looked over it, she realized: It wasn't in any old writing, it was in otherspeak-a language known by many names like "infernal" for demons or "celestial" for celestial outsiders (like angels or archons); the written form of otherspeak is rare in usage, but can be translated.
It was in small handwriting, the indentation going no longer than the princess' shoulderblades. And as Kidari whispered the written form, the demonkin could understand what it was saying.
"Inter quattuor, Mendacium. Anchoram habemus animae tutam. / Sub astris, Supra lunam; Maxime in speculum quod infidum est. / De bello etsi non sit maleficus, Et honestus est; Ut, amissis pecuniam. / Et reversus circulum; Sententiam super terram, at illa dabantur." She breathed out the words, before putting a shoulder onto Auria as Kidari stood. "Uh, sorry about that. I found something...but other than that, you're clean; It only took me a minute or so, so don't worry about it."
And with that, Kidari gathered the black drapey clothes Ria was wearing and emerged from behind the tree, giving a glare to Febo before turning her attention to Re'in and motioning to him to follow the demonkin. "Faster to get the meal and get back with extra help, and I might give you the jewelry later." And with that, the tiefling took off in a light jog to the north, puting the necklace back where it was: in her boob breast pocket.

Beginning of Part 2: The Journey Unfolds
Cut Scene: Chaan Captial of Aos Vylas
Eadrich Helio Colel, fourth son of King Xmucane II, ruler—former ruler of Chaan, and Queen Leucothea, Last of Faekind, gripped the hilt on his Great Sword in what he hoped was a dignified manner. Even though he was tall for a thirteen-year-old, his new armor flapped as he walked and the new crown slid as he paced across the small space.
“Mmmm,” Krieg rasped. The royal advisor wobbled over to the tent entrance and peeked through the material dividing the new half-blooded king from his gathering army. “Pacing does not befit a King, Your Majesty.”
Eadrich scowled. Only yesterday this man had called “Ed” like the rest of his family. Now they were all dead. And Chaan was at war. And he was expected to lead them. Him. Of all the people on the Continent how had fate chosen him to be leading the next stage of the war? Who’s idea was it to gather all the most important people into one room where they could be butchered like cattle? He paced more fervently.
A scout stepped into the tent and bowed. Even at half his height, the scout barely had to raise his chin to give his report to the young half-blood.
“The Rune Mountains have been set ablaze, my King.” The scout started, his voice hoarse from the long ride. “Onor will wait for it to subside before they attack.”
Eadrich nodded, setting his jaw to keep from shuddering and gestured for the man to continue.
“Zerona’s forces have been spotted across our riverbanks on the western slopes.” The scout continued, staying in his kneeling position. “They will help ferry Onor across before converging and setting fire to our farmlands. We can withstand an attack on our capital my Lord, but it is as we feared. If we barricaded ourselves in the castle most of our people will starve. Not to mention those who rely on our harvest across the rest of the Continent.”
Krieg the advisor teetered over, the loose skin of his arms wobbling as he moved to examine the map. “Our only hope is to break them on the river. Send for Tidan and hope they will come to our aide and seek vengeance for our murdered people.” He twisted a thin finger through his silvery mustache and laid the other to where the Great River branched across the start of the Zerona border.
“About that,” the scout said, grimacing.
Krieg raised an eyebrow.
“Aapo— the messenger sent to Tidan, my Lords.” The scout paled. “He is dead. His horse was found riderless not ten minutes before I returned.”
Silence fell over the room.
“Any word from the Drobisi?” the young king asked. Even to Eadrich his voice sounded small.
The scout shook his head. “The capital is a week’s ride at a dead gallop. And even with an Ashlander escort, the way is treacherous. We cannot depend on them my King.”
Eadrich nodded, his armor clanking as he turned away. “We ride for the river fork at dawn. By the blood of my kin and our fallen allies, we will see Onor destroyed,” he said, raising his hand to dismiss the young scout. “We might be alone but we will not forget what they have done.”
The half-blood king watched as the scout disappeared and silence fell over the tent.
“That was well said,” Krieg said, putting a thin hand on the boy’s shoulder. “You will make your house very proud.”
Eadrich shoulders slumped under the weight of the continent.

Dw4a-yueying.jpg“you highness. I’m glad you made it out, I don’t think there are many survivors left alive, let alone still free. I’m very sorry about your family”.

Jade gave a small smile. "Thank you." Jade the noticed Valtek's eyes was no longer on her but looking else where. She followed his gaze and noticed two new figures had walked in one small and one quite big. As she studied them she noticed the big seemed to look a-

“Does he have the look of an Ashlander to you ?”

Valtek interrupted her thoughts. "What?" She looked over at him and noticed he had taken a step forward ahead of her. "Oh yes he does." Jade's eyes lit up at the possibility. There being another Ashlander made her feel less alone plus he would be willing to help her.....right? "I'll be right back." Jade said before she walked over to the tall figure. Once she reached him Jade noticed the small figure that had walked in with him happen to be a tiefling. That's a quite pair. Jade thought to herself. Quite funny actually thinking about the pair of them traveling together. "Excuse me. Sorry to bother you but do you...happen to be a Ashlander?" Jade made sure not to speak to loudly. As she waited for his reply she could hear two men talking at a table near by. "So did you hear?" the blonde said to the red headed man as he too a swing from his mug. "What?" The blonde leaned closer to the other man as if to make sure no one heard them but he wasn't as quite as quiet as he thought. "Apparently one of the Ashlander's princesses.....the youngest one I believe made it out alive and they are currently looking for her." The redheaded man cocked an eyebrow up. "Is she the one that fell from the-" The blonde interrupted. "No no no this one apparently wasn't even in the room when it happened and manage to escape. Lucky girl" Jade didn't didn't realize they were actually searching for her. That was bad there soldiers everywhere. I got to get out of here.
Baradour Baradour
Cosmo Cosmo
deer deer

The tabaxi’s eyes never seemed to hold still as he listened to the different folk speak. He assumed them to be a pair of humans and a Tiefling. The human that he’d heard speak had a slightly familiar accent to him that Tai’iq attributed to that of rich folk. The other human seemed to be put out of sorts by something. When it came to Tieflings Tai’iq did not have much experience.

He had known one of the demonkin at some point. He’d been a good drinking buddy and he shared Tai’iq’s love for singing, it was a real shame they’d stopped drinking together after Tai’iq had had to run from town. It connected a few dots in the Tabaxi’s brain when the rich folk speaking human told him of their circumstances.

So they were also on the run? The Tabaxi personally did not know why. (As he had no knowledge of the attack on Runia.)

“Much of life is a… Tricky Endeavor. I will travel with and assist you, traveling alone is quite the bore in truth.” Tai’iq spoke. The male human spoke to someone named Kidari who turned out to be the Tiefling. Though they went over and helped the human female after giving the male human a bit of cheek. Causing the tabaxi to let out a slight chuff of amusement.

Kidari looked at him and requested his help. Tai’iq wasn’t so sure until she mentioned that she may give him the shiny bracelet.

Within a few moments the tabaxi had leapt from the tree and followed her at a leisurely pace at her side. A shiny thing that one did not have to steal was a very rare thing, and Tai’iq was not about to pass it up being the magpie style hoarder he was.

“Most things are easier with help, you’ve got a point with that” the tabaxi spoke. He seemed to be going at a relaxed enough speed to be looking in the woods around them. He did not want to get cornered by the bounty hunters again. “And if there is a shiny in the running I will happily help”, the tabaxi seemed chipper despite the alertness about him.

Take on the army herself? Lorne turned his attention to his new, diminutive companion, "Perhaps," he said with the closest thing to a shrug the large man was capable of. It wouldn't be the first time he had seen someone commit suicide in such a fashion. Maybe it was easier for them to do it that way, to utilize someone else, even the enemy, to do what they could not. In a morbid way, Lorne wondered if that made them allies in death, if not life. His dark eyes flicked back to the other duo for a moment as he noted the man with the greatsword step in front of the woman, as if to block her from Lorne. This wasn't too out of place, Lorne understood he wasn't the type people relaxed around even if he had no ill-intent. Even the people back in his village, people he grew up along, rarely felt comfortable in his presence. He would have found it odder if that had not been the reaction, like the tiny creature his brother had sent.

"Yes, drink," Lorne said without sparing a glance towards the small woman and her drinks.

They would likely need to go north, as they lack supplies, their best bet would be to follow the river although Lorne did not like that. The Onor army was likely to follow the river, easier to keep its men supplied that way. He may have fought alongside them just hours before, but he was a mercenary and he had only fought alongside a small portion. The majority had no idea who he was and would likely see him as a threat. Perhaps, if he was alone, it would not so difficult, he was large and imposing enough that most people did not try their luck outside of bravado and posturing for their fellows. But with her? Lorne eyed the small horned woman, she would make an exotic prize for some in the either army, enough of one to possibly promise a reward to the ambitious or for their own desires for the more revolting of men on either side of the border, and it may even be enough for them to try their luck with him especially if they come across a larger patrol force. Lorne was witness to what happened when the walls fell, he had no illusions of gallantry in the men that bore the colors of their nation. It seemed Aldire truly was playing some game to make his life difficult. But to cross the mountain with no supplies would be dangerous. If it was just him, it would be less so as Lorne had the distinct impression wilderness survival was not the tiefling's strong point, but would be slower and likely safer.

Lorne's brow furrowed as he considered both options. He didn't get a chance to consider it for long before the woman with the spear appeared at his side. Lorne flicked his eyes to her as he had forgotten she was in the room as his mind did its best to ponder the quandary of travel, "Yes," he said simply, he was indeed an Ashlander. Was she from the ashlands to? If she was asking him and had that spear, it was possible, but Lorne wasn't quite sure what she wanted. The men talking behind her got his attention for a second, the ashlander princess meant nothing to him, but someone fell... Did that mean two people had escaped? Had she somehow managed to escape the castle during the assault? Slipped right past him? Had he truly been so close? If she had escaped, she would be heading north. It would be dangerous, but he could possibly catch her if they follow the river... Yes, it put the creature at risk, but Lorne was too close to sto-

The ground shook, the walls creaked as the wood strained as it twisted in ways it was never meant to, mugs and bottles clattered as they bounced in their spots, some fell to the floor with clank and shatter. As quick as the quake came it was gone, Lorne pushed past the small spear wielding woman to bend over and peer out of one of the small windows, the mountains were burning. How? What sorcery was this? Was it her? Was she trying to cut off her pursues? How did one set fire to a mountain? The black pillar of smoke that rose looked as if it was coming from inside the mountain, but how? A mountain was stone, it did not burn. Lorne gripped the window seal and the wood splintered under his grip, he doubted they could go over the mountain or even follow the river now. Not without waiting for the foul sorcery to end, if it did end. The Onorian soldiers would have looted this place and the nearby towns by then and she would have escaped beyond his grasp once again. No, no, they had to go now. Fire or no fire, Lorne would find her... but how? How did they get there? Was there another path?

A single thought struck Lorne like lightning, he turned towards the spear woman, the one from the Ashlands, she was likely more well traveled then he, and she had a bodyguard, perhaps.. if she were a merchant or the daughter of one, she may know of another path, "You, spear woman, do you know a way through the mountains?"

deer deer animegirl20 animegirl20 Baradour Baradour

✹ Riddles and Lies ✹
location: Travelling - Febo's camp | with: Kidari, Febo, and Tai'iq| mentions: Lorne (sort-of) | tag: Athanas Athanas blitzfritz blitzfritz Yahhah Yahhah

Auria closed her eyes as the tiefling bandaged the last of the wounds on her back. As Kidari did, she began to mutter, almost as though she were reading poetry conjured from thin air. The princess focused on those words to distract from the pain that twisted inside her and keep from sobbing like the weakling she couldn't be. Even though Kidari spoke softly, almost as if the tiefling didn't realize she were speaking aloud, the words moved twisted together like roots in Auria's brain. And slowly, and strangely, the words began to make sense.

She had heard this language before, hadn't she? Some form of Otherspeak? She squeezed her eyes shut and focused on the strange almost-chant.

"Amidst the four,
Lies the one.
An anchor to the living.

Beneath the stars,
Above the moon,
Amongst mirrors most unforgiving.

A warrior, a sorcerer,
And an honest heart must there be,
To find the treasure lost.

Restore or destroy,
The choice will land,

But up to them, the cost."

It wasn't until Auria had a shirt on once again and the tiefling began to move away to retrieve supper that she realized that she hadn't answered the tiefling's question of her name. Gods above. She couldn't give her real name. Even to her rescuer. In fact, she wasn't sure if she even could be Auria even if she wanted to. Princesses were proud, perfect creatures that fought when their family was being murdered in front of them. They didn't feel the kind of dirty and broken that might never wash away. They commanded, not cowered in fear. She swallowed as thoughts battled inside her head. Just before the tiefling slipped out of sight she called after her.

"Hadria," she called. "Call me, Ria."

A name meaning dark one. The bastardization of the name her mother had given her. But somehow it seemed more honest than any other lie she could have told. Her second lie. She watched as the tabaxi stalked after the tiefling to retrieve their dinner and had to bite her lip to keep from protesting as they left her behind.

Be the person your family deserves. With that, she pulled on the shoes the nobleman or— whatever he was— had given her. They were much too big, so she stuffed what was left of the bandages into the soles until they were finally almost snug around her feet. Feeling a sliver of dignity restored, she set her gaze back on where Febo stood beside his campfire. If he was watching her he was subtle about it, moving with confidence to set up the meager campsite.

I need to learn to do that. She thought, striding forward towards the man. Even though her insides screamed in agony and protest with every step, she buried it best she could and went looking for something she might know how to do. Everyone else had a job. If she acted like she belonged maybe Febo might teach her something. She could find vengeance. She could save people next time around.

Auria turned to his warhorse. She'd ridden horses many times. Her brothers had seen that she learn to ride as well as they did, even taking her on hunts with them. But her saddle had much... lighter. And well, there weren't so many bags and supplies when she went out with her guards. Usually, a servant had carried the waterskins. And who knew one could have so many saddlebags? But still... it was the only thing she felt any sort of confidence doing. She could dance, read and speak eight different languages, and been occasionally knowns to move a spoon or two magically without help. All skills that had no use here.

"My name is Hadria," she said to Febo and tried to look more sure of herself than she felt. "My Lady, called me Ria. Can I help you unsaddle your horse, sir? It seems I owe you my life."

She stepped up to the great beast and let his nostrils flare as he took in her scent. As she moved to stroke the horse's neck, she tried stealthily to take a better look at Febo. Now that she was closer, she saw he wore the face paint common among the Zerona people. But no... his last name? Obinspal? That was Chaanite was it not? She had never been the most studious when it came to memorizing noble bloodlines. Perhaps a descendant of Zerona? Both Chaan and Zerona were known for their political marriages. Unlike Ashlanders who preferred marrying amongst their own people. In fact, she had heard of halfbreed madmen that hailed from there that could tear entire cities apart.

"I was wondering..." Auria swallowed the anxiety forced herself to raise her chin. "If we run across spies or Onorian troops I would very much like to be able to defend myself. I should like to help you make camp, but could you teach me a thing or two before we set out again?"

Just then she remembered the riddle. The words the tiefling had chanted as she bandaged the burn between Ria's shoulder blades. She needed to talk to the tiefling and ask where she had come up with such a strange chant. There was something familiar about it. But for now, she would settle for figuring out who she could trust.

Yes” the tall figure answered. He looked a little confused though it wasn’t clear if the question or the answer which might be giving him trouble.

Suddenly there was a glare through the north facing windows of the Inn, at the same time the whole room shook suddenly, it was almost like an earthquake but sudden, a shock rather than a rumble. There was a brief moment when everyone stared at one another in silence before rushing to the windows to see.
The giant figure pushed past to gaze out the window, he turned back from the glow to ask “You, spear woman, do you know a way through the mountains?"

Valtek blinked for a second then gathered his thoughts.

“Look, I don’t know you, nor your story but I’d really like to know who jumped out of that tower, they may have answers as to how and why the damn Onor decided to invade.
To Jade he spoke. “I think we need to get you out of here, things are going to hell and we don’t want to be found here. I want to find the survivor so I suggest we leave and try to follow them. “.
He glanced and the figure looming over them, “If the trail goes north through the mountains that’s where I’m heading if you want to come along? “he glanced toward the window with the red glow
Whatever THAT was is not a good sign and those whoresons from Onor are probably behind it. My name is Capta..”he paused for a second, “Valtek Corinthe. My friend the Innkeeper has some horses waiting in the stables, though I’m not sure if there’s much than can carry someone your size” he nodded towards the huge figure.

He didn’t know much about the Princess other than her title but that was enough for now. The other two he knew nothing about, they didn’t appear to be and immediate threat and his instincts were quiet so he felt the offer was worth the risk. Trust needed to be earned but he’d give them the chance to earn it.

The stables were attached to the side of the Inn, a long room with horse stalls to each side, straw on the floor and a ripe aroma. There were a number of horses all saddled and prepared to leave.

Entering Valtek couldn’t help but smile - though it instantly became a grimace as the newly healed nerves on the left of his face protested. There in the middle of the room, glaring angrily about was a very ugly warhorse. Mainly roan but with some blotches that looked like a child wielding a paint brush had been in the stables, about 16 hands high, grey in the muzzle with a few bald patches.

Buttercup... of course” . Taking an old apple from the bucket hanging on the wall he approached the animal. It had turned and given him an unfriendly look when its name was mentioned but now appeared to be staring at the far end of the stables though Val knew he was being watched closely d as he approached.
Hey boy, we’ve been through this a few times “he spoke quietly “let's try and be civilized this time, shall we?”. As he got close though the horse whipped its head round, lips drawn back, large yellow teeth exposed as it tried to take a bite out of him.
Fully prepared Valtek slammed a vambrace into its mouth sighing as it gnashed into the metal. Grabbing its lower jaw, he leaned in close, looking the horse in the eye and then blew up its nose.
The horse’s ears flicked forwards and it shook its head before calming down, then daintily taking the apple from his hand with the same teeth that had been trying to dent his armour a second ago.
He always needs reminding who’s in charge, Buttercup, the horse with the least appropriate name I know” behind him the horse nickered as though in agreement and nudged him forwards.

There were a number of other horses and ponies saddled and waiting, gesturing Valtek told them “Have a look what's around, Stilmans prepared them in case
Running his hands over the horse he noticed with approval full saddlebags and a large round object under wrappings which he didn’t have time to examine.
“I suggest we get out of here"

With Cosmo : crucially : animegirl20

☓ The Bastard of Runia ☓
location: roughly 235 years ago | with: Names lost to time | mentions: Old Runia, Tidan, Ancient Chaan, World Trees, Vampire Canopy, and the Dragon's Eye | tag: N/A

Roughly 235 years ago

Aroshaan of Runeland was a bastard. To whom he was not sure, his mother never talked about his father, and she was dead now. But whenever he wanted something, it showed up on his doorstep. And that was very well. He didn’t care much for people, and it made his “urges” easier if he didn’t have to force people into giving him what he wanted. No. It was much easier if he didn’t have to do the things he was good at doing. His mother had made him promise to stop before she died. Though he hated her for dying, people liked him more if he followed her rules.

“Aroshaan,” his master’s voice broke his reverie and he finally opened his eyes to the world around him. He was back in his small room, a similar window looking down across the Great River and the grounds outside the Whispering Tower. In the distance, the sounds of a palace being built echoed in the cold morning air.

“Aroshaan," his master’s voice sounded again from the other side of the door. “I’m moving your lessons up today. The Guild wishes to speak to me about your training at high noon.”

Aroshaan leaped from the bed, throwing on his apprentice robes and swinging the door open.

“I am ready now, my Lord Mage,” Aroshaan said, combing his cropped black hair back with his fingers before giving a low bow to the man outside his door.

Lord Mage Razul Arkrene was a short man; though everyone seemed short to Aroshaan, with violet eyes and a beard trimmed to the style of his noble heritage. While short, the man very nearly reeked of power, seeming to bend the air around him as he moved. Upon seeing his pupil he spun without a word and headed for the stone stairs leading to the chambers below the tower.

Aroshaan fell in step behind the short man, smiling to himself as the other pupils that milled about the hallways glared at him as they passed. They knew the Lord Mage favored him. Even when the rest of the Mages were made uncomfortable by his power, none dared speak against him while the Lord Mage of the Tower kept him as an apprentice. He had advised him since he came here at 15, personally tutoring seeing to his education, even while he served on The Guild council and served as an advisor to King Arthur, third King of Runeland. That was nearly three years ago.

"Any word from the war in Tidan, my Lord?" Aroshaan asked, unable to help himself. Runeland and their allies to the North had been at war with the Riverfolk and Oceaneers for nearly five years now. It was a war that was supposed to have lasted only a few months, but the people of the water proved much harder to subdue than the realm had planned. That or they continued to need raids for the rare stone materials that made up a bulk of the palace being built not far from where he stood now.

"You know I am not supposed to confide such information to you, boy." The Lord Mage said, though he sounded amused.

Aroshaan smiled scornfully as they began winding their way deeper, past the Tower Entrance and into the caverns beneath that twisted like roots beneath the Earth. Perhaps roots did indeed used to stand here. It was said the great tree had stood here once. In the times before the first King was crowned in Runeland. Havathreye it had been called.

"Tidan continues to be as easy to tame as the Oceans," the Lord Mage growled. "Their mages are unschooled but more dangerous than facing a vampire canopy with your eyes tied behind your back. My brother swears he will rename the kingdom and build it grander than any that have come before it should the seadogs finally be defeated."

"Tell your brother to send me on the next ship bound for their capital,"
Aroshaan said, a familiar fire sparking beneath his skin. "I will see them dealt with."

The Lord Mage did not laugh at him as his classmates did. Or cower in fear. He simply nodded as they came to the last hallway beneath the Tower. The rocks lined the door shone scales beath the ground. Aroshaan started when he realized he had never seen it before.

"You may be able to make just as much a difference in your homeland," the Lord Mage said, eyeing Aroshaan and fumbling with a ring of keys he pulled from his robes. "For one century has this tower stood in the place of the tree Havathreye but only a few years ago did we finally discover all its secrets."

Aroshaan licked his lips as a flicker of fear stung his insides. He crushed the fear within him like he's once done with a rat's spine between his fingers. He was disgusted when the fear just writhed inside him, like insects with no legs. The door swung open and Aroshaan froze. Sitting at the center of the room was a stone the size of a man's skull. The air moved around it like mist through a window, the surface the color dawn, just before the sun breaks the horizon.

"Dragon's Eye.jpg

"The Dragon's Eye," The Lord Mage said, moving into the room with every bit of the confidence of a nobleman.

Aroshaan swallowed as he watched the air twist between the Mage and the gem, as they were two opposing sides of a magnet, furiously trying to push the other away. His master stopped and threw himself into the only chair in the room, mopping his brow as if he were suddenly sitting before a fire. Aroshaan felt nothing except that repulsive slip of fear that still writhed within him.

"What is the lesson today?" Aroshaan asked, swallowing, hoping his weakness would not show. He hated weakness. After this, he would need to do something to unwind. To smother the filth of emotion from his body. For a moment, his mind flashed to one of the children he'd seen begging in the street. He promised his mother... but— he realized his master was watching him.

"No lesson today," the Lord Mage said, wiping his face as pools of sweat formed along with his temples. "Today a test."

Aroshaan took a step closer to the gem as if pulled forward by an invisible cord.

"What kind of test?" Aroshaan asked, cursing as his emotion grew stronger.

"The Guild does not believe you are strong enough to become one of us," his master continued as if he had not heard him. "They said we need people who are willing to sacrifice for their homeland. They don't think you can aid us in this war."

Aroshaan snarled. His master knew he hated this. He knew that from the first day of training and he had peered in and seen his fears reflected in his eyes. Why was he doing this? This wasn't like him. He clenched his fists and his fear turned to rage.

"You've seen what I can do," Aroshaan growled, feeling his blood boil. It was supposed to be dangerous to use magic like this, but he reached for it anyways, and found his body charged with power as though it were made of lightning. "I can convince them. Let me face any one of them in battle, my Lord Mage. I will show them. I will destroy anyone who gets in my path."

His master nodded, almost as though he'd been expecting this. But something unsettled flashed in his eyes as he wiped his face again.

"Not necessary," his master said, now stooped, as though he had aged two decaded in the past minute answered. "Just pass this simple test."

Aroshaan took another involuntary step towards the gem that stood at the center of the room.

"What you have before you is a heart that pumps magic throughout the Continent. Throughout Lore. A vital part of the system that keeps our enemies powerful." The Lord Mage's eyes flickered with hunger as Aroshaan drew nearer to the center of the room. He inched closer to that gem that he now felt beating like a heart. Magic pulsed like a song he had always known existed, but just now heard the music.

"A powerful weapon indeed," the Lord Mage continued, though his eyes had glazed over as if he were slowly being burned away from the spot where he sat. "The King himself, my brother, has ordered you to sever this power from the world. It is said that only the strongest may do this. Repeat the words I give you, and make it so the power of our enemies slips away. Magic will be ripped from those but the strongest who can wield it, and then come with me to crush them all. Your homeland will rule and you will be a god amongst mortals. Create a peace that will last centuries. Become unstoppable."

With that, Aroshaan was snapped forward almost hurled into the gem before him. He grasped it, and his skin burned. He felt as though it were searing his insides, burning him from the center of his bones outwards. His nerves withered, screaming then falling numb in seconds that felt like an eternity.

His master began to chant and he could just barely hear himself repeating the words over the sound of his own body screaming in pain. Then rage. Then hatred. He wanted to look away, but his eyes would not close. His body could not feel. Dark tendrils of power formed around him like gaping jaws. No. That wasn't supposed to happen. If you used dark magic... that meant—

The chanting stopped and the world froze. The gem fell from his hands as he reached up to touch his face. He felt nothing. Even though he could see the flayed flesh of his hand, he felt no pain. Smelt no blood.

"Your father the King thanks you for your service," his master's voice was behind him, stronger now than he had ever heard it. He felt nothing until a long knife slid in between his shoulder blades to his heart.

He screamed. An inhuman sound that even his own ears did not recognize. He whirled, pulling a blade that had been forgotten from his side. He just had time to see the face of his master before he used to blade to rip the Lord Mage's soul from his body. Then he was running. Flying up the stairs even as his lifeblood ran down from between his shoulder blades. There were shouts as he burst through the Tower doors and onto the grounds. River water sprayed not far away. People were running towards him. Other Mages. Knights. All with weapons drawn.

He had no choice. He turned and threw himself into the river, screaming as arrows flew past his head. One stuck him between his lower ribs. He grunted, but more out of the sense that he should feel pain rather than a burned numbness. As the current swept him out of sight, he caught a glimpse of the palace being built. His father. His father had been the King? And he had used him. He had raised him like a prized boar. As he struggled amongst the waves his anger burned. He would have revenge on the whole bloody lot. And what was more, he would bring his home and the rest of the Continent to their knees. He would find the power to break them all.

Dw4a-yueying.jpgIgnoring her slightly panic thoughts Jade turned to the big Ashlander. She was glad to see a fellow Ashlander maybe he could help her. Why wouldn't he? "Listen I'm-" A sudden ground shook cut Jade off and she almost lost her balance as the whole tavern shook things falling and crashing to the ground. The two men she over heard talking had fallen to the ground as well bring the table with them which they tried to hold on to. It didn't last long though. Jade looked around the tavern and the damage then noticed the man she had been talking to was now over by the window. He seemed to be looking out to the mountain that looked to b eon fire? Was that what caused the quake? The Ashalander's voice broke her from her thoughts.

"You, spear woman, do you know a way through the mountains?"

"The mountains?" She was new to this land so did not know it though she could probably figure it out. "Well no but-" Before she could finish she was once again cut off again but this time by Valtek. He said they needed to get out of there now plus he wanted to figure out who was the girl who fell from the window.

Jade follow him to the stables and glanced around at the horses. Made her think of her horse back home. Though he was bigger then these he was the size of Valtek's horse maybe one hand taller. Jade choose the a black horse and got on ready to get moving.
Cosmo Cosmo
Baradour Baradour
deer deer

The how and why Onor invaded meant nothing to Lorne. They were here now and to question it was a waste of valuable time and energy. The conflict, itself, was simply a means to fund his search so, if anything, them being here turned out to be something of a boon to his quest. However, if these two had an idea as to where this person that jumped from the tower would be, then he'd help until they found her. Whatever grudge or issue they had with Onor was theirs, but the survivor being her made sense to Lorne. The old witch was powerful, too powerful to give up with so little a fight, but he wouldn't put it past her to feign weakness and then escape when she saw a chance that way not to draw unneeded attention to her. Lorne still did not put much stalk in going over the mountain or through a trail, and it seemed like this armed man with the name that Lorne was not going to try and remember had no more clue on how to pass through the now aflame mountains and neither did the spear woman, but if these two were from around here, at least they knew the terrain, hopefully, which would still be something. Although, Lorne couldn't shake the feeling that he'd be safer alone, as he tended to be, then with them. They could do something very, very foolish like try to draw him into conflicts he had no desire to be in, but they'd cross that bridge when they came to it.

Horses... Lorne had never ridden one, but he had been around them enough. He very much doubted a tavern keep had a horse that could carry him. Perhaps one of the small, stout horses of the plains or those monstrous horses that the armored upstart nobles rode could carry him comfortable for a time, but he didn't put stalk in this tavern keeper's stable. When they got to the stable, Lorne was not surprised to find that, no, these horses could not carry him far. Their legs were long and thin, they were well fed and cared for but they were meant for small trips between villages with light loads and normal people. The load of food, bedding, supplies and him and his armor would be too much for the beast. They could carry him for maybe an hour at a slow walk, maybe, a trot before the beast started to risk injury. Lorne could keep up with such a pace easily, and while he certainly would fall behind should the group need to pick up the pace, it mattered little, Lorne would be able to track them down should the need arise.

Lorne moved over to one of the horses and began to check the bags, dried meat and vegetables, oats, he presumed for the beast which seemed rather luxurious, and took the saddle bags off the horse, wrapped them in the bed roll and hefted it over his shoulder. The oats may have been meant for the horse, but they'd also feed his hungry belly should the need arise and Lorne hated to waste food.

"If you must ride ahead and leave me behind, do it," Lorne said as he finished his work on the straps, "I will find you again."

animegirl20 animegirl20 Baradour Baradour

To and Fro the Storm

Near The Coast Of Chaan

Even as the sun lazily hid behind the horizon, light from its mighty being herald the coming of day. In no rush to break the night, it's presence beyond the corner of the world stirred existence.

The sky was a canvas of many beautiful shades of color, pinks and blues clashing so warmly together as they grew and shrank. Stars left from the dark before twinkled their last moments in the twilight before disappearing to other realities. Monstrous and Magnanimous Clouds sailed in the heavens above, not bound by any rule but still awoken in the coming morn.

And finally, Light was freed upon the world. Not just a glow, not dwindling sparkles, but forever pure stream of Sun Light. The stream became a river, and the river became a surf that. The world was flooding to its brim, drowning in gross incandescence. The heavens unveiled itself to the coming day, and the earth stirred in its wake.

The sea was always in motion, night or day. But for a man who spent his life sailing across it, there definitely was something about being able to see the crashing waves of another morning. Tomorrow finally came, it always did, has, and will continue so. But what mattered was that it came with him. Perseus had not been forgotten this day, the world did not abandon him in that jungle, Fate did not cut him loose in the sea.

"₩¥¬§Ω" a language he was not familiar with spoke words he was not certain he heard right. Turning his attention to the individual they came from, he found a man dressed in clothing to the Echo Isle.

"We Arrive"

Perseus nodded and gave his appreciation to the captain of this vessel, and watched as he walked away to take care of other things. Their relations was that of business soon to bare fruit. Shipwreaked in unfamiliar land, Perseus had been lucky to survive and find a populace of seafarers. With a bit of searching around and negotiations, he'd manage to strike a deal with the captain of this vessel for transport back to his country: Chaan. It was a bit pricey, including also his entire crew, but it'd have been worth it so long as they touched the beaches of his home land once more.

Inhaling the sea breeze once more, he turned to away from the ocean. There were some things he needed to attend to as well. Walking along the deck of the long ship, he came up to a pile of luggage. It was being guarded by rope and net, secure from any disturbance that would not draw immediate attention. What he was interested in, than, was the sarcophagus like crate in the middle of the pile. Reaching a hand out to touch it, he rasped his knuckles against the surface of the wooden object.

A moment went by, silent aside from the howling wind and crashing waves, before he spoke to it. "We will be there by a few hours from now, early to mid day. The main land is not far"

He was repaid in silence, and thought if it were worth risking to look crazy and speak louder when a voice reverberated from the box.

"I will repay you my gratitude"

Perseus raised an eye, still perplexed by the meaning of those words. How that gratitude would come to fruition waz beyond him. But he supposed that anything could happen on the Continent.

Febo breathed a sigh of relief as the tiefling at least had the common sense to actually follow his commands and do as she was bid. For a moment he was terrified of the prospect that she might go against his wishes, driven by paranoia or perhaps some misplaced sense of pride and arrogance. It would seem that fate, after throwing numerous curveballs his way, was finally being gracious enough to allow him this small boon. Maybe he could spin it his way after all. The following few days would be crucial. They would be what made or broke this ragtag group. But how could he exactly train these rogues to follow his advice?

Auria's voice shook him out of his stupor. Turning now to face her, he had to admit, now that she wasn't a shivering, horrible mess, she was...an intriguing sight, to say the least. He attributed it to the fact that she still somehow managed to pull off a decent appearance while wearing his own clothing. His analytical mind once again went through the possibilities. Perhaps, once she had gone past this initial state of shock that she could be in, she could function as an excellent distraction, especially with the right clothing. Or perhaps that was a job better allocated to the tiefling? She definitely was the more experienced one, but perhaps the etiquette Auria possessed would~

"You're not doing anyone any favors by thinking so far ahead. Focus on the here and now instead."

He smiled at her as she gave him a false name yet again. Her paranoia was beyond justifiable, but at this point it almost irked him a little bit. He looked around, ensuring no one was listening, before he spoke to her. "I...I understand you've been through a lot, but I beg you to at least trust me. I am here to help you, alright? That being said, Hadria is a good choice. Close enough to the truth for you to remember under duress. And... I believe it might be better for you to rest, but if you insist to help me, by all means. I've never been too competent with horses, I fear. I'm good enough, but I won't be winning any races any time soon." He chuckled a little, trying to lighten the mood. At her new query regarding defending herself from Onorian troops, his smile widened a little bit more. He had been expecting this, of course, and so he had something special commissioned just for the occasion. He rummaged a little more through his pack before brandishing a very ornate stilleto-perhaps a smidge too ornate, in a far less remarkable scabbard.

"Make no mistake, Ria. We'll do our best to avoid the Onorians for now, but safety is not guaranteed. In the following days I shall begin to teach you how to defend yourself with a sword. If anything, I believe our other two companions, should they elect to stay, may also have useful advice to impart. Until then, in order for you to win a fight, you'll just have to strike before the opponent is aware the fight has even started."

He handed her the stilleto, alongside a plain leather belt. "Your hair is long. You can stow it there, and to any observers, it shall look no different than a brooch or hairpin. It's light enough for you to draw and strike with it quickly. With some practice, and the element of surprise, you might be able to turn the tables on some uncouth fool who tries to stop you. The belt and scabbard are there should you wish to carry it via more practical means. It can loosen or tighten at your leisure."

He seemed more than a little proud at his gift, eagerly waiting to see if she liked it. After all, wasn't much else to do for now besides eat and gather their strength. Tomorrow would begin their march, hopefully without any trouble yet. Or at least, without much trouble. He still would need to bloody Auria, in order to ensure any lessons he bestowed on her regarding fighting would not go to waste. He hoped her hate for the Onorians would trump the normal empathy so common amongst those who had never seen a serious fight.

Synergy JADE Synergy JADE blitzfritz blitzfritz Yahhah Yahhah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back