• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Batman: A Year In Blood

Scatterbrain

Trying really hard to stay focused

80b116b16cb144d5240c0a3438a663a3.jpg

The storm raged relentlessly, bringing it's full fury to bear on the Lost Mountains of Cathala, deep within the Hungarian countryside. Usually hidden by the cloak of night, the storm born lightning offered brief glimpses of a castle usually unseen.
The rain was torrential, cascading down upon it's roof, turning red as it ran down the Batman's battered and bloody body. His head throbbed relentlessly and pain shot through his chest, his broken ribs stabbing into his lungs with each shallow breath he took. He knew he couldn't last much longer, with his swollen right eye impairing his vision and a concussion disorienting his senses, the resistance he could offer was minimal but he had to try.
For Julie.
He had needed to lure the madman away, give her a chance to escape and himself time to regroup. However the chase had brought him to this precipice, with nowhere else to go but back the way he came and with his foe positioned in front of it, he was trapped.
This would be where he made his last stand.
"You're concerned about the woman?" The Monk spoke up. "Don't be. You won't live much longer anyway. Once I have finished with you, I shall hunt her down and continue what you interrupted. She is to be only the first of many."
He looked over at the crimson clad monk. He had lain blow after blow on him and yet he appeared completely unfazed. The Batman had been trained by and fought some of the greatest fighters in the world and yet here he was completely outmatched by this lunatics superior strength, speed and savagery.
How could that be? He had never seen anything like it before.
His mind grasped frantically for some answer, some explanation.
Pricolici.
All the local villagers he spoke too uttered that word over and over again.
He had heeded it no mind at the time. In such rural areas, many people still clung on to long held superstitions of spirits and ghosts rising from the grave to torment the living.
His opponent was just a man.
Wasn't he?
The dark knight was snapped back to his senses as a bolt of lightning crashed a few feet away from him, into a nearby tree leaving nothing but a scorched and ruined husk.
Calling upon his years of training, he pushed those irrational thoughts to the back of his mind. It didn't matter who or what his opponent was. All that mattered, was that he was stopped. Here and now.
He clenched his broken hand into a fist.
The monk tilted his head. "You still choose to fight?" He let out a sigh. "I tire of your futile resistance, besides I begin to thirst." With inhuman speed, the crimson cardinal traversed the rooftop and was upon the Batman once more.
The caped crusader reacted quickly, swinging at the madman, only to has his arm caught in mid-flight. Before he could respond, he was violently lifted into the air, crying out in pain as his arm was wrenched from it's socket.
"How ironic, that you meet your demise at the hands of one that truly embodies that which you so choose to emulate." The Monk lifted his hood, revealing a set of monstrous fangs before plunging them into the hero's neck.
As he felt the life ebb from his body, the Batman feebly and desperately reached for his belt with his free hand. With tentative fingers, he pulled a Batarang from his belt and thrust into the side of the fiend's head.
The villain roared in pain, throwing the dark knight behind him, the crimefighter coming to a halt just short of the roof's edge. He unsteadily got back on his feet, as his adversary attempted to remove the object,
Now was his chance. He had to take it. No matter the cost.
He charged across the rooftop at his opponent, as fast as he legs could carry him. The Monk turned but it was too late as the caped crusader slammed into him sending the two hurtling from the cathedral roof.
The Batman collided with the branches of a tree, turning him around before finally striking the ground. His body screamed in agony, the pain was overwhelming but as he lay there motionless but still conscious, looking up at the night sky, he could see that the Monk had fared far worse. He had been impaled on the lightning struck tree, it's jagged remains protruding out of his chest. Bruce couldn't help but think that it was almost as if the heavens themselves had stepped in to finally put an end to his reign of terror.
"Hello! Can anyone hear me?" a voice called out.
Julie!
She had come back for him.
"Is anyone there?"
He attempted to respond yet he was too weak, his body could endure no longer but as he slipped into unconsciousness, he swore he could see the Monk's body crumble into ash....

And that's how our story begins.
So this RP is set during Bruce's first year as the Batman, so he's young and relatively inexperienced and most of his well known foes and allies have yet to surface. The idea is that basically after his encounter with his first supervillain foe, the Monk, Bruce has become a literal Batman, a vampire and still trying to do his best to help Gotham whilst attempting to come to terms with this new existence. This is a story of how things might turn out or unfold differently from the way they did in the standard timeline.
People he considered friends may now be foes (the GCPD for example may consider him nothing more than a monster) and foes may now be allies.
I do have a narrative in mind but it's a loose one, I'm hoping that everybody will have their own story to tell so we'll all be kind of bouncing off each other and reacting to what each other do and building our own universe as things progress.
I'm hoping for good mix of characters, I definitely want some canon ones (it would be interesting to see how they react to this new development) but I'm also happy to accept OC's.
The one big rule to start off with is that there will only be one vampire to begin with and that is Bruce Wayne. I feel that if we introduce anymore at the start it will lessen the impact of the changes a vampire Batman would bring but as things progress that is subject to change.
If you have any questions (or just want to show your interest), please post and I will do my best to answer them.

Helpful links
Roleplay: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/batman-a-year-in-blood-vol-1.329496/
Character sign up: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/batman-a-year-in-blood-character-sign-up.328406/

Out of character chat: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/batman-a-year-in-blood-ooc.328824/

Last edited:
Glad to see some guys biting already (dreadful pun intended ;D). I'm thinking at the moment we can all have two characters each but can I ask Elephantom Elephantom The Omen of Death The Omen of Death just out of curiosity really if you guys are intending to be OC's, canons or maybe one of each? If you're not sure at the moment or haven't quite decided, it's no big deal, Scarab Scarab Spoodermanultra Spoodermanultra have mentioned what they might be already so it would give me a better understanding of what to expect that's all.

Glad to see some guys biting already (dreadful pun intended ;D). I'm thinking at the moment we can all have two characters each but can I ask Elephantom Elephantom The Omen of Death The Omen of Death just out of curiosity really if you guys are intending to be OC's, canons or maybe one of each? Scarab Scarab Spoodermanultra Spoodermanultra have mentioned what they might be and it would give me a better understanding of what to expect.

James Gordon, of course.

Glad to see some guys biting already (dreadful pun intended ;D). I'm thinking at the moment we can all have two characters each but can I ask Elephantom Elephantom The Omen of Death The Omen of Death just out of curiosity really if you guys are intending to be OC's, canons or maybe one of each? If you're not sure at the moment or haven't quite decided, it's no big deal, Scarab Scarab Spoodermanultra Spoodermanultra have mentioned what they might be already so it would give me a better understanding of what to expect that's all.

I was thinking this over, so I was thinking of doing an OC, but I was thinking of being a canon, I was thinking of playing as Deathstroke, my thought being maybe someone learns that Batman was turned into a vampire and as a result of religious hatred of vampires Deathstroke get's hired to kill Batman? That was my thought since it could work in some form.

I was thinking this over, so I was thinking of doing an OC, but I was thinking of being a canon, I was thinking of playing as Deathstroke, my thought being maybe someone learns that Batman was turned into a vampire and as a result of religious hatred of vampires Deathstroke get's hired to kill Batman? That was my thought since it could work in some form.

I think it would be a bit early for anyone to know the Batman is a vampire so perhaps Deathstroke could be hired by one of the crime families (Falcones' perhaps?) to kill the Batman. He succeeds only to find out that Batman is a vampire so can't be killed. So then in order to maintain his reputation he makes it is personal mission to uphold the contract and kill the "unkillable" no matter what.

I think it would be a bit early for anyone to know the Batman is a vampire so perhaps Deathstroke could be hired by one of the crime families (Falcones' perhaps?) to kill the Batman. He succeeds only to find out that Batman is a vampire so can't be killed. So then in order to maintain his reputation he makes it is personal mission to uphold the contract and kill the "unkillable" no matter what.
I like that better, so with that I think that should be considered the go-ahead for allowing Deathstroke to join?

Well, I guess I'll be a canon character. it seems a little bit more fun to play a twist on a character already in the universe of Batman.

I'll choose Bane, perhaps in this universe, his father was killed by batman, who was a vampire. He wanted to kill Batman. but he couldn't without great strength, so that's when he invented Venom. (And maybe after the "Breaking the Bat" scenario, he could strengthen Venom by adding vampire blood to the mix. of course, it would probably backfire.)

Let me know what you think.

I like that better, so with that I think that should be considered the go-ahead for allowing Deathstroke to join?

Yup.

Well, I guess I'll be a canon character. it seems a little bit more fun to play a twist on a character already in the universe of Batman.

I'll choose Bane, perhaps in this universe, his father was killed by batman, who was a vampire. He wanted to kill Batman. but he couldn't without great strength, so that's when he invented Venom. (And maybe after the "Breaking the Bat" scenario, he could strengthen Venom by adding vampire blood to the mix. of course, it would probably backfire.)

Let me know what you think.

One question, is Bane's father killed when he's a child? If that's the case, that makes things rather impractical considering that the Batman hasn't been around for long and I plan for this to be set about two months after the Batman becomes a vampire so it would mean Bane would still be a child during the RP.

Yup.

One question, is Bane's father killed when he's a child? If that's the case, that makes things rather impractical considering that the Batman hasn't been around for long and I plan for this to be set about two months after the Batman becomes a vampire so it would mean Bane would still be a child during the RP.
One more thing, if we are playing canons, do you want them to be used in there New-52 Prime Earth forms or them during New Earth which was the continuity before New-52 became the official canon as things were retconned?

I had the idea to re-imagine a canon, specifically the Riddler. In this continuity he is Edward Nashton, an undercover Checkmate agent. He is undercover in Gotham under the false name Eddy Nigma, working as an information man for the mob. But he is actually there to investigate rumours of powered individuals, as I’m assuming people with super powers are fairly new in this setting and the government would be interested in them. And of course Eddy wouldn’t all be there in the head like most people in Gotham.

Yeah, Bane's an adult. His father, unlike in the original where Bane's father made him go to the prison of Santa Prisca, was very kind. however, similar to canon, his mother was very absent in his life. By this time, Bane was an adult, yes, but still stayed in touch. sorry I didn't think of that.

One more thing, if we are playing canons, do you want them to be used in there New-52 Prime Earth forms or them during New Earth which was the continuity before New-52 became the official canon as things were retconned?

Whichever you prefer really. I'm fairly sure there both similar anyway so it's down to personal preference. Unless there is a massive difference between the two?

I had the idea to re-imagine a canon, specifically the Riddler. In this continuity he is Edward Nashton, an undercover Checkmate agent. He is undercover in Gotham under the false name Eddy Nigma, working as an information man for the mob. But he is actually there to investigate rumours of powered individuals, as I’m assuming people with super powers are fairly new in this setting and the government would be interested in them. And of course Eddy wouldn’t all be there in the head like most people in Gotham.

Yeah, Bane's an adult. His father, unlike in the original where Bane's father made him go to the prison of Santa Prisca, was very kind. however, similar to canon, his mother was very absent in his life. By this time, Bane was an adult, yes, but still stayed in touch. sorry I didn't think of that.

Personally, I don't really like the idea of re-imagined canons, they might as well be OC's if you're going to change bits and pieces. I would prefer that canon characters backstories and origins remain intact, it's what happens to them during the RP that could change. Like The Omen of Death The Omen of Death 's Deathstroke is still fundamentally the same, it's just that his motivation changes and what not.

Personally, I don't really like the idea of re-imagined canons, they might as well be OC's if you're going to change bits and pieces. I would prefer that canon characters backstories and origins remain intact, it's what happens to them during the RP that could change. Like The Omen of Death The Omen of Death 's Deathstroke is still fundamentally the same, it's just that his motivation changes and what not.

Good point. i'll just use some of my own once you release character sheets.

Whichever you prefer really. I'm fairly sure there both similar anyway so it's down to personal preference. Unless there is a massive difference between the two?

In that case I might just play Jason Todd back when he was a street kid. Maybe he becomes Robin, maybe not.

You know what could be fun?! If someone played Dick Grayson too... but because Bruce is a vampire and all, he doesn't take Grayson in so when the poor acrobat's parents die, he ends up on the streets where he befriends Jason Todd!

Two-coulda-been-Robins teaming up together!

In that case I might just play Jason Todd back when he was a street kid. Maybe he becomes Robin, maybe not.

Maybe even Red Hood...

You know what could be fun?! If someone played Dick Grayson too... but because Bruce is a vampire and all, he doesn't take Grayson in so when the poor acrobat's parents die, he ends up on the streets where he befriends Jason Todd!

Two-coulda-been-Robins teaming up together!

Should I presume then you want to be Dick Grayson?

Any cross overs from other D.C characters?

More than happy to accept other DC characters.

Did you see my name?

Catwoman, so we can make Twilight.

I think we would need a werewolf as well to make this truly Twilight :P. Anyway, Catwoman is going to make for an interesting potential love triangle regardless.

Spoodermanultra Spoodermanultra I'm working on the character sheets at the moment so with any luck they should be up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back