• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Batman: A Year In Blood Vol 1 (CLOSED)

Lucy glanced down at the table, unfazed and still sitting crossed legged in her chair. "Am I?" She tilted her head and narrowed her eyes. The Batman was a tad bit more hard to read than most imagined.
"You're deciding to take the strong and scary personality to talk to me." Lucy stood and began pacing in circles around the large man. "But really, you're rather quite intelligent... Obviously, you're going to be a wealthy man, since a hero like you wouldn't want to ruin a nice little coffee shop like this." She stopped to tap on the symbol on his chest and smiled, "Also, you don't take me very seriously. To you, I'm just another pesky freak getting in your way of the real picture in your mind, and the agitation of my talking is causing you to clench your teeth.. all you really want to do is just punch me and get me out of your hair." Lucy stepped back a bit and glanced at him, as though admiring a piece of artwork. It wouldn't be long before she could get into his mind, all she had to do was make him not take her seriously and relax a bit.

"The thing is Batman... I can see a nice little memory floating above you head right now, begging me to unravel its secrets," Lucy grabbed at his suit and yanked him down so he was eye-level with her.
"Let's watch it together shall we?"
(Idk if you want to choose the memory she sees, or whatever lol)
Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

The dark knight could feel something in his head and then suddenly his mind rolled back.

All the years ago....

"Faster than a rabbit, mom! Just watch!" The boy said, running through the grass, fast in pursuit.

"Look at that boy run! We've got an athlete on our hands!" His father said, delighted.

"Honey, what are you going to do with it when you catch.." said his mother. The boy didn't know nor did he care. He would not let it get away.

"Don't go in there." His mother cried but he wouldn't listen. "Won't get away from me..."

Then suddenly he was falling. He shrieked in terror but was abruptly silenced as the stone surface slapped the breath from his body. It was damp and still down there, soundless, except for slow, steady dripping and a distant whisper of wind. And something else.. Something that stirred in the darkness...Something that hissed and chittered. And then they boiled from the blackness, flapping, beating, clawing. A nightmare of leathery wings and gleaming eyes and fangs.

"No! Go way! Go way!" the boy shrieked.

Then, after what seemed like an eternity; a reprieve? The boy looked around hesitant. Was it over?

Then... something shuffles out of sight... something sucks the stale air...and hisses. Gliding with ancient grace... unwilling to retreat as his brothers did. It's eyes gleaming, untouched by love or joy or sorrow... It's breath hot with the taste of fallen foes... the stench of dead things, damned things. Surely the fiercest survivor. The purest warrior... glaring... hating... coming to claim the boy as his own.

Peach Tea Peach Tea (I'm not quite sure how you want to react? I was thinking of maybe turning the memory on you or it turns on you instinctively. Depends on how your powers work?)

(ok, so Lucy has gotten herself into his mind long enough that she'll go into a trance and watch the memory flicker though as though she were in it, and if she's holding on to someone they will watch the memory too)

Lucy jerked back as soon as the memory was over and glanced up at him.
"well will ya look at that." She'd nod slowly, before walking over and sitting back down in the seat she had been in before. Her golden eyes met Batman's, and she frowned.
"Do you really want to lock me up?" Lucy strummed her fingers along the side of the chair. "I mean you never even bothered to ask my side of the story? Hm?" Her eyes went from his to looking around the room. Lucy didn't want to go into another rubber room. She didn't want any more persons watching her 24 hours of the day.

"What if we make a deal? Since I stole a sneak at one of your memories, I'll tell you about a memory stored up in my oversized brain." Lucy leaned forward, and forced as much pained emotion as she could manage, in hope of changing his mind.
"Or I could help you. I know how to get into places that even you can't get into Batman."

The Batman shook his head as his senses returned to the present. That memory was never a pleasant one. He hated it, but it was a part of him. It had help shape him into the man he was today.

He stood up straight again as Lucy walked back and sat down again. Was that her doing? Reliving that memory. It was a curious experience, one that he had never encountered before. She was no ordinary lunatic. That being said, in Gotham there was no such thing. He listened as she made her case.

Everybody has a story, a past. No matter what happened, it doesn't justify your actions.

"I don't make deals." He could hear police sirens approaching the shop, he suspected she could hear them too. They would be here shortly. "Tell it to the police. I'm done talking."

Peach Tea Peach Tea

The Penguin gave a hearty laugh. "You too are becoming good mates already, I see! Well, no point in dilly-dallying. Come back here when the Bat's head is on a silver platter, understand? Then we can talk cash. Bid you the best of luck!" Penguin chortled once more. The Bat was as good as dead, after all. He was in a good mood.

The Penguin stood and walked back, opening up a large metal door on the wall of the underground room. Behind it was shelves upon shelves of glowing bars, shining out through the otherwise dark room. Men were loading them into cases. They were to be shipped to some warlord in another country, for a hefty price. The Penguin could care less if Nigeria was destroyed, so long as the country aiming for them had green ready for the boss.

He smiled, knowing the smuggling of the incredibly illegal material wasn't only for the cash. "If Deathstroke doesn't find the Bat, the Bat will certainly find his way here. And if he does, I'll be waiting." He twirled his umbrella.

"I got a little surprise just for him."

~~

The Killer Croc surveyed Deathstroke for a moment. He seemed pretty chewy for a human. Not really worth it. Giving in, he nodded. "Sooner you track down Batman, the better. But I'm only here to crush Batman." He bared his teeth, allowing the saliva to dribble on the floor. He then stood behind Deathstroke, cracking his neck.​

Mr. Freeze

The Sultan Hotel, an architectural icon inside the city's Diamond District. Towering at fifty-nine stories it was the second tallest hotel in Gotham. Its luxury rooms and suites were filled with extravagant—albeit slightly dated—Arabic decor. On its tenth floor was The Oasis, a posh night club that many of the city's young elite frequented. Tonight Birdhouse's only interest was on the fourteenth floor. The Sultan's sleek reflection scrolled across the visor of her motorcycle helmet as she sized up the building.

"The team is in the lobby - deploy the drone."

The command came from the icy villain lurking behind her. His voice was even more menacing projected through the speaker at the throat of his cryo-suit. An unmarked moving truck with its rear door rolled open idled beside them. The pair had setup at the open-topped floor of a parking garage flanking the hotel.

Birdhouse, perched halfway over a cement guard rail, reached behind her and into her backpack. At the pack's base was a feeder cone, and protruding from it was a baseball-sized sphere. Her gloved fingers plucked the orb free and then pitched it into the air in front of her. Rather than fall, it floated. A tiny propeller had ejected out of a facet of the drone and stabilized it a few short meters out. While it hovered patiently Birdhouse whistled inside her helmet and a graphical interface mapped over the right side of her visual spectrum.

Using her right hand as a controller she waved the drone's camera feed on. She could now see what her "blackbird" saw. Then with a clench of her fist it zipped away towards the hotel.

"I'll have eyes on him shortly," she announced over her helm's radio.

The drone was virtually invisible as it climbed around the tower. Its destination was a corner suite with its window curtains pulled open; a high altitude view of Gotham was difficult to resist. Like most of the other rooms at The Sultan, the suite glowed from gentle interior lighting. The night was still young. When the drone was finally in position Birdhouse twirled her finger through the air like she was adjusting a clock's hand. As she did so the camera on the blackbird zoomed closer.

"He's in there."

"Alone?" He questioned off radio. Birdhouse keyed a few strokes into the air before she answered—her voice muffled through her motorcycle helmet.

"Thermal scanning isn't registering any other signatures."

His armor's servos buzzed behind her. "And you're certain it's our target?"

"Facial recognition software has him as a perfect match."

"Team, what's your location?" He demanded over their radio channel.

"We're on the fourteenth floor."

"The target is ready and waiting, you're free to strike."

It didn't take them long to move. Through her camera feed she watched the two-man team burst through the suite's door and seize its helpless occupant—an elderly man. She was relieved that he was wise enough not to struggle. Once the target was restrained the window was jarred and then propped open. A wicked tool resembling a harpoon gun was then unpacked and pointed in the direction of Birdhouse and her boss. When it fired it kicked like a mule. And then the thunk of a titanium spear biting into the cement guard rail was heard. Trailing away from the embedded spear was a length of cable that stretched all the way back to the suite. Birdhouse unclipped the cable from the nearby spear and then secured it to a carabiner mounted over the moving truck.

First the target was zipped down onto the parking garage roof and then the team followed. He tried his damndest to scream for help but the duct tape over his mouth ensured he couldn't. Once across he was hoisted off the cable and brought before the villain who'd ordered his capture. Birdhouse, uncomfortable with the desperation leaking from the man's eyes, instead inspected his bare feet and bedclothes. The King of Cold showed no such discomfort. Face to face with his captive, he lowered his cryo-suited shoulders and crystalline helm to better engage.

"Dr. Hires, I feel an introduction is in order: I'm Mr. Freeze."

Last edited:
Deathstroke with his enhanced hearing could hear the Penguin believing that they were getting along. But Deathstroke decided not to say anything about it, as he emerged out from the bottom of the Penguin's lair, he glanced back over seeing the henchman who wasn't particularly fond of Deathstroke.

The two simply said nothing as he handed Deathstroke's pistol, energy lance, and knife, but he had a particularly cold glance to Deathstroke, as he did it.

Deathstroke came out and glanced around, he saw police cars went by and saw the way the cars went, but they obviously didn't see Deathstroke. Assuming Killer Croc followed Deathstroke he would say. "Well that's both of our goals, now those police cars are going somewhere, I'd imagine that where those police cars are going, Batman will be there too, I need to grab my other weapons, I would follow them if I were you, I will catch up with you."

Deathstroke then began to run back to get his other weapons.

(Gonna do a timeskip here to make up for lost time, Literally Batman Literally Batman I would do the same to catch up on lost time, Scatterbrain Scatterbrain I will edit out this section if you don't approve of this)

Deathstroke was now on top of a rooftop overlooking where he could now see Batman, police moving in, and someone the Batman was out to apprehend. Deathstroke was peering down with a sniper through the scope having his sights placed on Batman, but Deathstroke wanted to see this man fight, Slade wanted to observe and analyze his opponent before showing up, Killer Croc should be arriving right around now, considering if he followed those police.

The way the police were moving and their urgency showed Deathstroke that this was someone Batman would need to show up to stop, but even to ensure that, Deathstroke took the time to also analyze some events coming up, he heard about a disturbance at a coffee shop from people at the street, and so even with a big time criminal lose the Batman would probably find it necessary to get some lesser targets locked up first.

Now with that, Deathstroke had to find the one, grappling from roof to roof and running along, he found the one. And so now here Deathstroke was lying in wait.

Peach Tea Peach Tea

Lucy licked her lips. On the outside, she seemed perfectly calm, with the still look of a murder's look in her eyes. But she was no killer. No killer would be stuck staying up at night in fear of some masked man swooping down and locking her up in a padded room. So on the inside she was absolutely terrified of the idea of the unpleasant memories the room could bring.

"You're just like them you know?" Lucy's eyes flickered with something. Misery? Anger? Regret? Whatever it was, Lucy hated the feeling.
"You think you doing good, you're doing it for the people but what you're doing isn't good. You're always paying attention to the people's ideas. But I doubt you've even come to think of what's us "psychopaths" are actually doing." She angrily strummed her fingers along the side of her chair. 'No. No no no, Lucy you're allowing too much emotion to flow through you. People like you will die from showing people like him too much emotion.'
"Really the people are just scared of us. We're just extremely high functioning sociopaths, but you call us psychopaths because simple little goldfish can understand us so you put labels on us. Labels help you understand." Lucy was now back to her intense golden-eyed stares with no emotion. Because emotion was what the batman wanted. He wanted her to show emotion so he could ruin her with her weakness. And this high functioning sociopath wouldn't let that happen.

"Master Bruce?"

The Batman could hear Alfred's speak up through the communicator in his cowl.

"What is it?" He asked, as he reached into one of the pockets of his belt and slipped out a pair of handcuffs before slapping them on Lucy's wrists. She didn't fight him, she just continued to stare at him with those intense eyes.

The room filled with red light and the sound of sirens as police cars pulled up outside of the coffee shop. Several armed officers jumped out from the vehicles, using the doors as cover. One of the officers pulled out a megaphone. "This is the police! Come out with your hands up!"

Lucy turned momentarily towards the noise before looking back towards where the Batman last stood.

He was gone.

Alfred could hear the commotion as he sat in front of the computer, located down in the Batcave. "Sir! Is everything alright?" He asked concerned.

"I'm fine, Alfred. Now what is it?" The Batman replied from the safety of a nearby alley.

"Apologies sir." He tapped a few keys, bringing up the security footage. "It would appear our friend, Dr. Crane is up to his old tricks again. He's been picked up by security camera's, breaking into the Gotham City Water & Power Plant."

The dark knight detective quickly realised what Scarecrow had planned.

"He's going to poison the water supply with fear toxin!"

"If he succeeds, sir; everyone in Gotham could become infected. Not even you could stop the ensuing carnage."

"He won't."

Seemingly too caught up with getting to the Gotham City Water & Power Plant, the Batman did not notice the laser sight that drew ever closer to his head.

Issue 1 (End2).jpg
To be continued...

Literally Batman Literally Batman The Omen of Death The Omen of Death FireMaiden FireMaiden Peach Tea Peach Tea Bone2pick Bone2pick Demonhunter Demonhunter DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Last edited:
Issue 2 (2).jpg
Batman: A Year In Blood
Issue 2 May 2017
Character sign up | Out of character chat | Gotham Guide

Our story so far...

After a gruelling struggle against his first supervillain foe, the vampiric Monk, Bruce Wayne Scatterbrain Scatterbrain finally emerged victorious. However during the conflict he was bitten and upon returning to Gotham finds he himself has become a vampire.

After spending two months adapting to his new existence, Bruce Wayne returns to crime fighting at full strength, setting his sights on mental patient Carl Kruger, who recently escaped from Arkham Asylum.

His enemies have not been idle in his absence however. Criminal mastermind the Penguin Literally Batman Literally Batman , sick of the Batman's meddling in his affairs, has sent his lieutenant, the monstrous Killer Croc Literally Batman Literally Batman and the World's Deadliest Assassin Deathstroke The Omen of Death The Omen of Death to eliminate the Bat once and for all.

The calculating Mr. Freeze Bone2pick Bone2pick and his operatives, led by the woman known only as Birdhouse have broken into the Sultan Hotel and have kidnapped a scientist for as yet unknown reasons.

The terrifying Scarecrow DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 has broken into the Gotham Water & Power Plant in hopes of poisoning the city's water supply with his fear toxin.

Not all is grim though, potential new allies have also surfaced in the young underground fighter Ava M. Write FireMaiden FireMaiden , also known as Sparrow, and the mysterious android, Jenga Demonhunter Demonhunter who came to her aid when she was harassed by local drug dealer, Mr Mei and his thugs.

Whilst on patrol, the Batman was lured to a coffee shop by Lucy Valdez Peach Tea Peach Tea , herself the victim of countless experiments, in the hopes of finding out more about him. Using her strange abilities she managed to look into one of his memories but found herself apprehended by him with the police fast approaching outside.

From the supposed safety of a nearby alley, Bruce's loyal butler Alfred informed him of Scarecrow's plans but now the Batman finds himself in Deathstrokes sights...

Bruce Wayne is no longer just a man...
He is now truly a...

logo.jpg

Last edited:
After having observed what was going on, it appeared Batman was making a quick escape, and there was no battle. Deathstroke was also irked that Killer Croc didn't actually show his face. Deathstroke simply sighed, he saw the direction Batman was heading in.

Considering what would be in that direction from here, Deathstroke's mind worked out many possibilities and scenario's, and realistically Deathstroke pinpointed this as the Gotham Water & Power Plant, probably someone trying to poison the water supply. Deathstroke considered the fact that there were police close by, and the Batman was on the move. He had to make a quick decision as to what to do.

Weighing his options Deathstroke decided to take a shot. He took note of the speed Batman was moving at, how far he was, wind, and the various other conditions he had to take into effect, and properly put the scope on a trajectory where unless Batman were to unexpectedly move, the bullet would have hit Batman in the head which on top of that was firing promethium bullets to make the bullet that much more deadly.

"Time for you to embrace the darkness, Batman."

And with that Deathstroke slowly depressed the finger on the trigger, feeling little of the recoil from the gun due to his enhanced durability. As the shot rang out loud into the night.

BANG!

It seemed like a normal day in Gotham City. Another boring, uneventful day. Lieutenant Melissa Goyle was driving alone in her car. She was driving quickly through the streets because the criminal was injured in the chase. The ignorance of some of the people on her team sometimes confused her. How did one of the officers manage to actually manage to injure the criminal? In between her shoulder and arm was a microphone which she appeared to be speaking into.

Melissa appeared to be speaking aggressively into the microphone "Dammit, Ryan! What were you doing! How hard could it possibly be to-"

BANG!

Lieutenant Goyle suddenly stopped her car. She knew the sound she heard. It was the sound of a gunshot. She looked around for anything suspicious. Nothing stood out as peculiar. Just a few standard buildings. Suspiciously, one seemed to be surrounded by police cars.

Melissa slowly told the person on the microphone "You'll have to deal with this problem alone. Just get an ambulance or something."

Melissa took the time to park her car and investigate the police cars. She stepped up to one of the officers and looked them directly in the eye.

"Lieutenant Goyle, GCPD. I'd like to know what is happening here." She strictly told the officer.

"There is a dangerous individual in the building, ma'am." The officer replied.

"And what of the gunshot? Dammit, I'll go see for myself."

Melissa immediately took off running in the direction of where she heard the gunshot. It lead her to a mysterious alley. Who knows what could be in there? She stepped in to see what she might find.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Issue 2 (O1).jpg

BANG!
The Batman heard the shot ring out. Reacting almost instantly, he attempted to jump out of the bullet's path as he had trained himself to do a hundred times before.

But this night he wasn't fast enough.

All he could feel was a white hot searing pain, like a bolt of lightning straight through his brain, as the assassin's bullet penetrated his skull. His body fell backwards, crashing in to a nearby trash can and he lay collapsed against the wall, seemingly lifeless as blood began to pool around him.

Alfred had heard the gunshot through the communicator.

"Master Bruce? Master Bruce!?!"

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death TrueBananaz TrueBananaz

Last edited:
Deathstroke watched and observed as the bullet traveled to its target, he took note that Batman actually tried jumping out of the way of the bullet, but Slade could tell he was too late, and he was of course right. The bullet penetrated and dropped him, but Deathstroke didn't pay much attention to this aftermath, as he heard someone moving, and talking. It was a female cop.

She seemed to be quite nosy as to the sniper shot, but was off as she headed into an alleyway next to where he was on top perched on a rooftop, obviously she hadn't seen him, which wasn't surprising to him.

He decided to let her continue her goose chase, he needed to get evidence of his deed.

Deathstroke began to quietly sling his sniper rifle, as well as keeping his other weapons on hand, he quietly took out his grappling hook, and fired it to the building that the 'corpse' of Batman lied by, and fired it quietly to grip onto it and quickly get him over there.

Moving across quickly now as the hook brought him over, he detached it and gracefully landed by the 'corpse'. Glancing down he saw the man whose skull the bullet went through violently, he took note the angle his head was facing there was no bullet hole, having no regard for preserving the original position that he was killed in, he shifted the head to show the bullet hole in his head. And quickly took a picture for proof of his head and his body as a whole, and for personal assurance, he felt his neck pulse and felt nothing right then and there.

All the while he heard a voice speaking into Batman's head due to Deathstroke's enhanced hearing, he quickly bent down and indifferently said. "Sorry to say but he had to take a bullet to the head. Down goes the Batman." He simply took note the man's name was Bruce but didn't ponder on it further.

He then turned to get away hoping that no one pursued him so that he could make an escape.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain TrueBananaz TrueBananaz

Jenga was back out on the streets after a quick visit to his dad. Dr.Hawthorn was incredibly irritated about the damage to his android son.
Dammit Jenga. Do you have any idea how much these scanners and sensors cost to replace?! You're killing me here! Dr.Hawthorn growls as he works on the scanners in Jenga's eyes.
Sorry! I didn't see the gun! Jenga groans, cringing as he sees the blowtorch growing near, sparks flying as parts of metal were heated and molded back into place to get rid of the dent in his skull the bullet had caused. Please be more careful. I only have one of you. Dr.Hawthorn hugged the android before reattaching the synthetic skin.

Those two were just like a real father and son. Shit they were a actual family. Jenga just had to be built. And Dr.Hawthorn adored him.

Thus now Jenga was back on the streets, er... more like on a building. But the sound of gunshot hit his ears, sensors working to tell him from witch direction.

LARGE CALIBER WEAPON: NORTHEAST, APPX 400m.

Jenga moves to follow where his sensors were trying to lead him. He looks down over the rooftop to see a collapsed person on the streets. His scanners soon dinged up he was dead. No time to linger. He was dealing with a killer. He switched his vision to heat sensing, able to see something moving. He moved to follow, deciding to hang low and wait to see if he was actually following the killer and waiting to set up an ambush.

TrueBananaz TrueBananaz Scatterbrain Scatterbrain The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Melissa turned the corner and was filled with panic. Before her was none other than Batman. The Batman. He was bleeding out on the ground. There was a bullet hole in his head. Near him was a mysterious man in an orange and blue costume and mask. He was clearly armed with firearms. Melissa assumed he shot Batman. She swiftly pulled out her Glock and pointed it at the man.

"Put your hands up!" She commanded the man.

She slowly grabbed her microphone with her left hand while still pointing her gun at the supposed killer with her right.

"Team. I'm requesting all who is available to converge on me. Batman has been shot down. I've found a supposed killer and I'd like backup to take him in for questioning." She spoke into the microphone "I am located in an alley near [Name] coffee shop, which is currently surrounded by police. Thank you." She then put her microphone down and told the man "Stay there. I'll have to take you in for questioning."

Demonhunter Demonhunter The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

Last edited:
Deathstroke was about to make his escape when he heard footsteps and then following them was a police officer as well as other footsteps which sounded metallic as whatever it was walked although this one was obviously trying to be quiet, obviously this female officer had no idea who he was, obviously, he was going to give her a rude awakening.

He plainly stated with indifference. "Sorry, but I can't do that."

Deathstroke quickly put his mind to work as he analyzed his situation and executed his quickly devised plan by simply dashing forward with his enhanced speed, weaving and moving to dodge any shots she may fire, being on top of her in a speed she would not be expecting. Then very quickly doing this again at a speed that was inhuman as he was in range he pushed her gun hands out of his body line with one hand also putting an extremely tight grip on it, his hand being on the outside of her arm, his thumb towards her shoulder, knife edge of his hand towards her wrist. He then used his other hand to pull the wrist and lower forearm toward himself strongly twisting the Glock and taking it out of her hands.

Simultaneously now letting go of one of her hands Slade drove his knee into her solar plexus augmenting the power of it by shifting his weight into the knee, causing it to be quite stronger than an average human's knee, and knocking her down to the ground, now backing up, ejecting her Glock's magazine tossing it back, and drawing his M4A1 Rifle, and slowly and tactically moving aside from the female officer, and aimed it down range from where he heard the sounds.

He caught glimpse of a figure moving quietly, obviously intending to ambush him, based on his movements he discerned he was nearby where he had his sniper perch set up.

Deathstroke knew he had to get the high ground, he quickly brought out his grappling shot to move to a higher ground, seeing the top of frame of the body, and began opening fire on the figure accurate fire on him.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Demonhunter Demonhunter TrueBananaz TrueBananaz

Jenga seemed disturbed as he fight ensued. This guy hit him as kind of dangerous. He seemed completely distracted for a moment... Before he felt painful impact. and another. Fully automatic rifles were an absolute bitch. It only took about ten bullets to knock him down. The android laid of the roof for a couple minutes.

SYSTEM ERR: COOLANT LOSS 300mL, Cycle shut off to outer extremities. Damage to facial region

Fear hit Jenga for a moment. Did he still have his teeth!? Did he look horrifying, yet!? Yes. Yes he did. The impact from the bullets knocked to covers right off the sharp metal plating in his mouth revealing razor sharp studs. His jaw'd been knocked downward wioth enough force to tear the synthetic skin resulting in the ability to over extend his jaw large enough to fit a human skull inside. The screws holding his face plates down had been popped off so he the metalic plates that moved under the skin to convey emotion were let lose to over extend and in the case of the plates that remained stationary to mimic cheek bones, they spring up like horns.

He'd been hit along the back, knocking lose some more screws, to make to bits that held down his spine spring up to create a spiky row down his back. Error messages were being thrown up left and right for things like leaked coolant, damaged systems and face plates being relocated.

Jenga gets back up, attempting to speak only resulted a loud droning growl as his larynx had been shut off.

Then... the virus kicked in. All that was in his anamatronic mind was murder. He leaps, easily reaching the perch Deathstroke had chosen. He lunges, moving to rake his sharp 'horns' into Deathstroke.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

(lmao, You had to shoot the android XD)

Deathstroke lowered his rifle as he realized the target was no longer moving, but he took note that there was no blood, so it was probably an android? Didn't matter as the target was eliminated.

"Oh god dammit..."

But Deathstroke realized whatever it was wasn't done yet, and Deathstroke could tell he did a number to him, as that seemed to be the anatomical shape of it, and the underneath would have been the stuff of nightmares for any average joe.

And Deathstroke could tell that it was trying to talk but he must have destroyed the voice box of it, but then he realized it's attitude changed Slade's mind kicked into action once more as he planned out the fight, and it's body language spoke of murder. Deathstroke slung his M4 Rifle, and stepped back right as the android jumped up, seeing it lunge towards Deathstroke, being quicker, Deathstroke unsheathed his promethium broadsword, shifted his body to the side, ducked somewhat and from behind and lower to the ground drove the broadsword towards Jenga's chest threatening to impale or just stab him from the lunge.

Demonhunter Demonhunter

The potbellied man in the greasy, sweat stained vest didn't pay the man in front of him much attention as he scrawled his name in the guest book, his attention more focused on the strange growth on his foot. He shifted his bare foot around the wooden chair trying to get a better look and wiped his brow, these minor exertions making his balding head glimmer with sweat.

The stairs creaked in front of him as his newest tenant headed to his room. "You haven't paid!" he exclaimed, reaching out to touch the lump and wincing in pain.

There was a thump as the lodger rested his suitcase on the stair, unclasping the locks. Within moments a wad of cash landed on the desk next to the haughty hotelier. He placed his foot on the floor as looked over the money and proceeded to count it. It was all there. "Thank you very much" he said sarcastically as he waved the man on the stairs off.

He put his foot back up on the chair to examine his lump further. It was gone.

Too elated was the short owner in it's disappearance, that he didn't see his newest guest draw back the long, sharp tipped implement into his suitcase before heading to his room. Or his missing toe.

Oh god dammit was right. He sidesteps as the other thrust his sword at him, moving back and slamming his jaws down onto the flatter side of the metal. He clamps down, studs digging hard into the sword, not hard enough to snap, but getting that sword back would be pretty hard.. Jenga's body looked nothing like it had. The synthetic skin hanging off his jaw, off his shoulders revealing the metalic cords making up his muscle.

He pushed forward again, the virus's mentality began wearing off and he was receding back into normal Jenga, that look of pure rage settling into fear of himself. He was afraid. What did he look like? Did he still even look human?!

He tried to scream but all that came out was another incredibly disturbing anamatronic screech and sparks flew out from his inner wiring. Moved back to throw a punch at deathstroke, at this point just wanting to get away and have his body fixed.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Last edited:
The mysterious man seemed to go at insane speeds to take Melissa's gun and push her onto the ground. She didn't know who this man was but whoever it was, he was fast and skilled.

"Dammit... Dammit." She mumbled as she reached for her microphone "Come here as fast as possible! Target is hostile!" She shouted into the microphone.

Melissa took a deep breath and slowly got back up from the ground. She noticed that the supposed killer was now fighting what looked like some sort of robot. On the outside it looked like a regular human but it was clearly made of mechanical parts on the inside. Melissa thought she should help the android because the supposed killer was fighting it. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

Melissa took a deep breath as she grabbed her taser and pointed it at the supposed killer of Batman. She closed her eyes as she put her finger on the trigger and hoped for the best as she pulled it.

Demonhunter Demonhunter The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

Last edited:
Deathstroke grunted in annoyance as Jenga took a good chomp of the broadsword, Slade could obviously get a new one or repair this one, but this was nonetheless irking, he very briefly inspected his sword, obviously, the Promethium blade held, but it would need repairs or he had to simply get a new one. And quickly sheathed its blade.

That's when Deathstroke observed the android leave its murderous rage, and went into fear, which lead Deathstroke to believe that the tendency comes under duress or because of the damage he took, or something else. He also realized the android was meant to appear younger in nature, must have been someone's attempt at creating a son of some sort.

Nonetheless, he was in Deathstroke's way, and Slade needed him out of the equation right now. Deathstroke heard what was probably, supposed to be Jenga trying to speak or scream, but came out as some indistinguishable animatronic type screech and with Jenga out of fear throwing a punch, obviously, this kid was not experienced, so Deathstroke very simply shifted his body over quickly, although he heard a woman's voice, must have been the officer, as he glanced down to her he saw the taser, and with this came an opportunity to be exploited, he watched as she fired the taser, he grabbed Jenga's arm that he punched with and shifted him over to the path of the taser, using him as a shield, Deathstroke then drew his pistol, and quickly fired a shot into Jenga's gut area and then pushed him down in the direction of the officer, hoping to throw her off.

Demonhunter Demonhunter TrueBananaz TrueBananaz

Mr. Freeze

His heavy eyelids strained to open but an assault of overhead lighting pinned them shut. From his horizontal position the nearest offending light source was little more than a foot away. He turned his head and tried to shield his face with his hands, but his arms refused to budge. After some grunted exertions he discovered much of his body was unresponsive; it was if his every limb were caught in some monstrous web. Under normal circumstances he would have been aghast at his condition, but presently he was too exhausted to panic. Unfortunately he wasn't afforded rest.

Terrible memories screamed back into his consciousness. The bang and crash of his hotel door being kicked in. The heartless eyes of his masked abductors. The horrifying zipline descent out of his fourteenth floor window. And finally, the chilling voice of the devil who was responsible for all his suffering - Mr. Freeze.

Through a single squinted eye he surveyed his surroundings. He was imprisoned. A transparent tubular tank encapsulated the length of his body. He strained to reach out and touch it but failed to do so, his paralysis still in effect. Beyond the tank he observed bundles of hoses and cables snaking their way into each end of his tube. Deeper into the room he spied dozens of blinking digital monitors and what appeared to be towers of various medical equipment. That's when he heard the voice.

"Can you hear me Dr. Hires?"

He felt the blood run away from his face. It was like waking up from your worst nightmare only to realize you've been dragged to hell. He arched his head back and rolled his eyes towards the direction the words came from - a speaker at the head of the tank.

"Yes. I hear you," he gasped.

"Excellent. The immobility you're experiencing is the result of a sedative I administered. For your sake, I suggest you try and remain calm."

He had been drugged. Of course, he remembered that. His mind fared much better than his body.

"Where am I?"

"My laboratory."

His stomach sank and his brow broke into sweat. Science had never sounded so evil.

"Why have you taken me here?"

"Believe it or not Dr. Hires, I am an admirer of your work. Like you I am a scientist; there was a point in my life when I was the world's most acclaimed cryogenicist."

There was an emotional quality around the madman's words. Sorrow perhaps. He was somewhat relieved to hear it.

"Admittedly my reputation has suffered since becoming a criminal. But even at the peek of my career I was never as highly regarded throughout the scientific community as you've become. Your book, Without Wings, remains the most significant text ever written on magnetic levitation. Later in life you helped create the superconductive material graphonite, and were awarded the Nobel prize for doing so."

He flinched and shuddered when the wintery face of Mr. Freeze loomed into view inches outside the tank. The villain's thermal goggles gleamed against the tank's light while the coldest smile played at his lips.

"You have an extraordinary mind Doctor, and you will be remembered as a heavyweight of progress."

As quickly as Freeze appeared he vanished, returning to the shadows from whence he came. A troubling period of time past where Dr. Hires was left in silence. In his enemy's absence his aged skin started to crawl and the taste of bile oozed into his throat. He concentrated on his breathing in hopes to steady his pounding heart, but he was interrupted.

"I have killed people - murdered them in cold blood. Tragically, that is how I will be remembered."

A sudden clank against the tube jerked his tired eyes open. The light continued to punish his vision so he was forced to squint. It was difficult to make out but he managed to trace a dark outline creeping along the top of the tank - the armored gauntlet of his tormentor.

"Or will I? Is there anything I could achieve that would salvage my legacy? Discovering a cure for cancer would likely do just that, but curing illnesses was never my field. I preserve and revive life. So the principal question I had to answer was: who is most worthy of preservation? I suspect you will agree with me Doctor that the answer to that question are the very people who inevitably push our species forward. The most brilliant, most prolific, and most creative individuals of their time."

A hose port at the head of the tank began to hiss and breathe icy air down Dr. Hires' neck. He cried out and squirmed as much as his dragging body could muster.

"And so I have begun a project, to gather and protect the greatest minds of our generation. I will rescue them from the oblivion waiting at the end of their lifespans, and nest them safely in cryo-stasis. In a sense, it will be the most consequential library ever collected."

Jet nozzles near his feet spit and discharged streams of frigid aquamarine liquid. At their rate the tank would be full in minutes. He screamed for mercy but received none.

"And you, Dr. Charles Elmer Hires, will be my first volume."

Last edited:
Jason sat on the park bench, trying not to show his nervousness. He kept checking his phone, seeing how much longer he had to wait before his partner arrived. They group of them had decided to meet up in pairs rather than all together as not to illicit suspicion of a big gathering of young hooligans. Jason checked his phone again. Two minutes till the meet up. Jason started to psych himself up in his mind. He knew they could do this without much trouble. Still he had a nagging worry, he had heard that the Batman was back in town. Jason hoped the vigilante would be too busy with escaped psychopaths to worry with a group of teenage thieves. Jason was snapped back to reality by a hand touching his shoulder. He immediately reacted by drawing a switchblade and pressing it against the person’s throat.

“Jesus Jason, it’s me, your boy!" croaked the teen with the blade against his throat.

Jason looked down at his phone before lowering the blade, “You’re actually early for once Trey.”

“Yeah I just want to get this over with, so let’s get going.”

Trey was about a year older than Jason but most couldn’t tell with his baby face. The two had met in school before both getting expelled. Since then they’ve been living on the streets, doing what they thought they had needed to do to survive. It was on the streets that they met the others who made up their little posse of thieves tonight. They were to meet up by one of those warehouses by the docks. Jason and Trey knew that they were stealing something, but the mastermind of their group had yet to reveal what exactly it is. Jason hoped it was worth something decent as he really wanted to be able to afford a proper bed at a motel, at least for a couple nights.

Shortly afterwards the duo entered into Gotham’s East End, catching up with another pair of youths. A few minutes later they met up with two more outside an abandoned roller rink. Within a half hour there was ten of them. Once they passed onto Miller Road they ducked into a nearby alley. The teens then each pulled out a coloured ski mask. Jason’s was red and he found it didn’t fit him quite right. But it was good enough for a simple smash and grab. Once everyone had a ski mask they heard a whistle. They turned to the other side of the alley where an older teen was wearing a white ski mask.

The man began to speak, and Jason immediately recognized him as the mastermind of tonight’s outing, “Boys if we pull this off we’re gonna be rich tonight.”

“Unless you snort up your take.” whispered Trey.

“We’re going to hit a drug shipment on the docks, grab the stuff, give it to our gracious benefactor and y’know be rich.”

“Why do you need us to get crack, my cousin can get it super cheap and without the risk of getting our asses beat.” asked another member of the group.

“Because we ain’t stealing crack,” replied the mastermind, “We’re stealing the new stuff, Venom.”

Jason was shocked by this. He had come across rumours and conspiracy theories about Venom. Apparently some banana republic government had been experimenting on its citizens and had created the ultimate steroid. They said it made you feel higher than a thousand drops of E and made you strong enough to take on an army. Jason did not really believe this story, as a superpower drug seemed like people just trying to reason about how that guy in Metropolis could exist. But if it was real and they got their hands on it then Jason could have a proper bed for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back