• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Batman: A Year In Blood OOC (CLOSED)

Scatterbrain

Trying really hard to stay focused
80b116b16cb144d5240c0a3438a663a3.jpg
Helpful links
Character sign up: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/batman-a-year-in-blood-character-sign-up.328406/
Roleplay: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/batman-a-year-in-blood-vol-1.329496/

Feel free to discuss the RP here, express interest or simply just chat about whatever.

Last edited:
I hope so, I understand you're as eager as I am for this to actually start but I need more people to post their characters before we can begin the RP in earnest. In my opinion three people isn't quite enough.
Yeah, I am excited too but, 3 people are not enough to work with, it doesn't allow for much interactability overall. All I can hope for is that more finish up CS's and get ready for the RP.

So for me to understand the timeline...

• A year prior to the start of the RP, Batman shows in Gotham and starts his war on crime.
  • At some point in this year, he battles the Monk and becomes a vampire.
  • Returns to Gotham and rumors form about Batman being a vampire.
  • RP starts?
If that's about right, how old would Dick Grayson be at the start of the RP?

So for me to understand the timeline...

• A year prior to the start of the RP, Batman shows in Gotham and starts his war on crime.
  • At some point in this year, he battles the Monk and becomes a vampire.
  • Returns to Gotham and rumors form about Batman being a vampire.
  • RP starts?
If that's about right, how old would Dick Grayson be at the start of the RP?

That's roughly right so this will either be based towards the end of the first year or the beginning of the second. In regards to Dick Grayson, canonically he was between 8-10 when he first appeared I believe but I'm happy should you want to increase his age so it's a tad more realistic so lets say 12-14.

Literally Batman Literally Batman If you want this to start that badly, you could (if you want to) try asking some of your friends or people you know on the forum if they want to join as well. It's just a thought so don't feel obligated but it could help speed things up and it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Catwoman Character Sheet said:
She is known for her quick, nimble style of fighting and is capable of giving the Dark Knight a rub for his money.
That's either a very funny typo or a sentence which lacks focus. Besides, I doubt Bruce needs to pay for that kind of thing...

Issues sounds chill. Fits the idea of comic book.

Cool, issues (instead of chapters) it is; with all the plot developments and cliff hangers that come with them. The only thing is that it will probably acquire people to have some idea of where they're going with their characters and what not but I'm sure most of you guys already do. I'll see what others have to say though before making a final decision.

Forget Waylon, I'm doing The Penguin. We need criminal mob boss type.

Either one (or both) is fine with me.

I love the idea of chapters, especially now with the Penguin added, this could act as a great jettison for Deathstroke to be hired to kill the Batman and probably then realize there is more to Batman than meets the eye. Especially if you still want to go for the fact that Deathstroke is supposed to supposedly 'kill' Batman or something of that nature.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain
Do you personally believe that now that technically Batman is now a vampire, that Deathstroke could be beaten by Batman? I believe while the fight would be more even, I think Deathstroke, due to higher intelligence, greater tactical ability, faster mind, and the combat killing experience would still pull out a victory but it would be a much more interesting fight overall.

I actually didn't have a plan on where to go with Dick. I figured we could do his parents death IC, but if its easier, I could put it into the character sheet.

What should Dick do during this first chapter if its focusing on Batman/Penguin/Deathstroke story?

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death You make an interesting argument for Deathstroke but the Batman has defeated him before when he was human so being a vampire would probably tip the odds in his favour, in my opinion at least. The one important thing you've got to remember though is that it's my RP, so Batman will always win. :P;D

I actually didn't have a plan on where to go with Dick. I figured we could do his parents death IC, but if its easier, I could put it into the character sheet.

What should Dick do during this first chapter if its focusing on Batman/Penguin/Deathstroke story?

I am more than happy to do his parent's death IC if that's what you prefer and I wouldn't say the first "issue" focuses solely on the Batman/Penguin/Deathstroke, I want to give everybody an equal share of the spotlight.
In regards to ideas for Dick, perhaps he uncovers Tony Zucco's plot to takeover Haley's Circus during the first issue which ultimately leads up to the death of his parents and he starts investigating their deaths on his own. Or if you want to you can just make it up as we go along and see what happens. I don't mind either way.

Rumor has it the Penguin is mobilizing assassins to finish the vampiric Bat once and for all, and to finally wrap his grip around Gotham's underworld.

Just read your Penguin CS and it's perfect aside from one thing, would you mind removing the vampire mention. I would prefer the more rational Penguin to not quite believe the stories that his men report back to him so he still thinks the Batman is just a man at least until he's seen it himself.

If he's packing garlic, then he may be the most serious threat the Batman has ever faced.
That's considering if Deathstroke doesn't figure that out first! Nah, JKing, I am gonna just let this joke go on. But seriously, I'd imagine if I figure out that Batman is a vampire Deathstroke's going to go full seemingly vampire hunter mode lol. Whatever it takes to achieve the contract, of course in a professional non-personal vendetta sort of way. *cough* *cough* Arkham Origins and Knight *cough* *cough*

You make an interesting argument for Deathstroke but the Batman has defeated him before when he was human so being a vampire would probably tip the odds in his favour, in my opinion at least. The one important thing you've got to remember though is that it's my RP, so Batman will always win.
Also, I mean realistically, if it's not for the fact that it's a comic and nothing too permanent happens (most of the time) Deathstroke would probably kill Batman, but meh, also since it's an inexperienced Batman, combat wise Deathstroke has the advantage (Not to say that Bruce can't hold his own in a fight, he is a badass in his own right, but this is technically a relatively inexperienced Batman on what he could achieve overall.) and like what I said earlier Deathstroke can take the advantage in those regards that I brought up earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back