• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Oh, you think I would do the same as Lord Todd, do you?" Ethan smirked, "No. What he did was not just butchery, it was stupid and wasteful too. Never waste anything you can use, and always put what you have to its best use. Like I told you for the wood. Lord Todd should have taken our village, not destroy it. We didn't have much, and we were few, but every body can be put to good use. Lord William seems to have the right idea, I did not see any such butchery, and he was rebuilding even the ruins. Are you really going to tell me his way was not better than my people's way?"

"As for someone replacing Lord Todd, well..." Ethan said, the darkness behind his eyes flaring, "...I have a few ideas."

"People are not resources or tools Ethan, look at me. I was regarded a tool by the Nobility, and now many of their men have died because of it. Ryder was regarded as a tool by her Lord. Shisa is regarded as a tool by the three beings she worships, and it has driven us in part or fully away. The old world collapsed because it depended on a large amount of people being happy as tools. Jesse and myself have seen Denver before, and last time it wasnt this peaceful place run by authorities. The authorities were Butchering folk in the streets, dragging away powerful faction leaders like Aurora's Mos."

Shaun explained,

"Would you be happy as a tool?"

"No." Ethan grinned, "I'm the engineer. I use tools in everything I do. Without tools, I wouldn't be able to get anything done, and thus an engineer knows the value of his tools. The other nobles are not engineers, and do not know. But I do. And who knows, perhaps people can be happy as tools. If it means they can live safe, with food and jobs and purpose, never needing to sleep in some ditch or resort to cannibalism or suffer raiders. Yes, I think my people would be happy. And even if they're not happy, they would at least have it better than before, and the Lord, of course, has it best."

"Then you've forgotten why we are here Ethan. Some are happy under the Nobility, others less so. That's why Mos is imprisoned at boulder, and we are here. The Nobility want to rule and they do that by using people, and the use them they provide something to them that will stop them from rebelling. Such as a bed, food or women of comfort."

"Those made unhappy are destroyed entirely to reduce threats. Jesse, a man who survived the Nobility and betrayal. He's a massive problem as he can prove that the Nobility is losing security, that they couldn't bring down the Bastards in their entirety. I am an issue that stands as a testament to their failings. I know how to stop them, I know how it's done and what is required of those that want that to happen. This weakens their promise of security to the underlings who are satisfied with the little they are given, remember the slaves we freed in the supply train. They were used as tools and now walk free, spreading word that weakens the Nobilities standing."

"The reason you wish to kill Todd, and seemingly replace him proves your underlying issue. You couldn't save your father or your people, so you want to save others. But by doing so you will cause others suffering, just like the Nobility..." Shaun concludes.

"Ethan step back to the edge, Aurora come to me."

Aurora listened to them. She understood Shaun wanted this team to be united for the mission. In a way, Shaun's words resembled Mos's. Mos was seeking utopia. She went closer to Shaun.

"yeah," She said. She tried to keep her face pleasant but it did not work out.

"Aurora, tell us about your childhood and tribe." Shaun asked, If he could get her to understand what she has in common with Shisa, there will be less of a chance for them killing each other in the next gunfight they're in.

Aurora paused for a moment. In her present mindset, she was not even ready for a talk. She mustered strength and took a breath. "I am from a tribal group. We had thirty families in the groups. We lived in the far east of Culrud. There were many nomadic groups like us. We ventured into the forests, made settlements there and then moved on. Our only motive was to survive. We hunted sometimes robbed from other groups. But we were all non violent groups, we always tried to keep away from stronger communities. We lived with nature. At least what was left of it. We had beautiful families. We had no rituals or religion. Nature was our religion. But after my father was killed," She paused and did not look at any one, "I doubt around that same time, most of the groups were attacked. I doubt any of that tribes still remain as one. Who survived the butchery of stronger group ended up like me in the outskirts of the street, eating dirt." She took some water in the pool by her hand and drank it. "Now is there anything else you want to ask me?"

"That is enough for now, thank you." Shaun responded, but motioned to her to stay where she was.

"Both you and Shisa lived in tribes that took advantage of other people then. You never considered the consequences of the robberies once your people had moved on, because your father and elder relatives told you that they would be fine or were worthy or deserving of being robbed no? Similarly, Shisa be lived she was doing good, as she was raised to be live that killing and eating people ing he name of her Faith was ok. Had she known your father as she does now, I doubt she would have done what she had. Instead she was told she was only harming evil and deserving people..." Shaun deduced, that was a rather easy comparison to draw. Both thought themselves moral, and were tribalists and took advantage of outsiders...

Ethan could not help but snicker. It seems that Ethan and Shaun fundamentally disagree in terms of their worldviews. But that didn't matter to Ethan, he didn't need the old man to agree with him, and nor did he hold any great hope of convincing him. Or the others, if Aurora's utterance was anything to go by. Right now, all that matters is for Ethan to get his revenge, and for that to happen he would need to learn and improve.

Shaun turns to Aurora, and so Ethan is released from his lecture. He returns to his section of the pool, leaning back against the wall and enjoying the water, listening to the following discussion only peripherally while occupying his mind on other things.

"We never killed. We never tortured. We loved nature and we loved lives. We never robbed everything out of group. We only took what we want. It is unfair to compare us both." She took a breath and continued, "Shaun i understand what you are doing. I have great respect for you." Aurora turned around and saw everyone. "I have great respect for all of you because you have all agreed to help me save Mos."

She took a step back. She paused and spoke carefully, "Shisa... " She turned to look at Shisa, "Whatever her justifications are, what ever her beliefs are, what ever she is ... what ever she perceives her community is ... my statement is her tribe is cruel and worse. And the point being she was mislead by her elders, why should i care. I see a snake, i either run away or i kill it. I don't sympathize with it."

"Now if you say she has changed, she regrets her mistakes, i give a damn. I will never forgive her." She turned and looked at every one. "You help me get Mos. I help you in your mission to damage nobility. Some of us will be good friends. I will not attack her or disturb this team here after. But never ask me to make pact with her. And Shaun, never again make the mistake of comparing my elder's sins with her elder's sin. It is the most unjustifiable thing i have ever heard." She stopped and looked at Shaun.

It was clear Shaun was getting no-where fast with this. He was glad however, both Ethan and Aurora had seemed to decide to not try and kill Shisa at their first opportunity, which was a good start on the road to comradery once more. It's going to be a long one road, but at least he and Jesse are there to smooth the issues out.. He turned to Shisa, "Shisa, both of these people you have had trouble with are now clear on their feelings towards you and your actions. This is good, as now we know where everyone stands regarding each other." Shaun says, slowly turning and addressing everyone around him. "We all have past, we may not like each others past or their actions or attitudes to them. But we are all here now, at an understanding of each other and how we can move on as a group." Shaun announced. This is a good change from this morning.

"Shisa, know that you are safe here. Myself and Jesse hold nothing against you. The others won't want to sacrifice the security of the group and their own agenda to harm you." Shaun says.

"You can now exit the water if you wish. If those who have a rocky relationship want to talk to Shisa, I'd like to ask for you to have Jesse or myself there to prevent escalation." Shaun says, "enjoy your swim or dry off when youre ready." He moves away and to the side of the water

Aurora came out of water as soon as Shaun finished. She does not want to swim any more. She had brought a cloth which can be substituted for a towel. She wrapped it around herself and walked fast. She wanted to go some where alone for some time.

Once Shaun that they could get out, Ethan muttered a 'finally' under his breath, pulling himself out of the pool to dry and dress. Now he could get on with his work without further distractions.

Last edited:
Jesse paused. That was it?

“Why, Shaun? What was the point of all that?” He said, only noticing the surface level of what happened “I mean stories are nice and all, but what did that accomplish?”

“Anyway I am still game to go hunting. Just got to get my stuff ready. Who else wants to go?”

"I will join you, Boss." Ethan spoke up, grabbing his Negev machine gun, readying himself for when Jesse heads out. He could always do his other tasks when he gets back.

Shisa was glad for this all to be over. And hunting gives her the perfect time to talk to Jesse. Though Ethan is coming too. Well, she doesn't have to talk to him. Shisa ducked into her tent to change into her long sleeve shirt and harem pants, and grab her crossbow, quiver, and other hunting stuff.

"Morrigan and I will join you. And Jesse, can I talk to you?"

While Morrigan is more for hunting small game, it would still be nice to test out what she can do.

“No use an SMG. Machine guns are for fights. We’re just hunting. Hell I would recommend your bow even.” Jesse said, switching his gun to single fire

“What’s up?” He asked Shisa

Ethan was somewhat irked that he would not be able to play with his new toy, but he set it aside for later. Returning to what passes as the group armory, Ethan grabbed himself a Submachine Gun, but he also looked to the pistols. One pistol can he held in one hand, so what about the other? Ethan picked up two pistols and held both, one in each hand. He did what he has seen the others do, aiming with them and looking down the sights, just feeling the moment. After that, he decided he liked it, afixing to himself two holsters on each leg and for both pistols. Ethan also grabbed his backpack and added some ammo for himself, for pistols and the SMG, with his arrows in as well. Finally, he grabbed his bow and was ready.

"Are you sure everything is okay, Jesse? There's.. well, let me put it simply. There's a dark spirit around you, a dark god. Most people have auras, this is different. Separate. You have your aura, but then there's him. Dark cloaked figure, frighteningly beautiful. Ring any bells?"

Shisa knew she could see things other's couldn't, but it would still be good to let Jesse know. This was, disturbing. It didn't seem to be a ghost. Most would call this just her being high.

Despite the lack of sight of the others, Shuan was pleased. They now felt safe around each other, relatively speaking of course.

"I think I'll hang back Jesse, keep watch here. I've got some notes and plans to look over." These new javelin rounds will do some good for what is to come Shaun thought to himself, and began drawing up plans to build an IED.

Now Jesse was concerned about Shisa an her habits.

“You might want to cut back on the mushrooms and herbs a bit. You definitely don’t want to hallucinating when you’re out in the woods.” Jesse said, wondering how she ever got anything done while so high

"Perhaps you aught to sit this one out Shisa, we don't want you having a crash while looking at a deer the others a butchering." Shaun says, agreeing with Jesse. It probably wouldn't be wise to give Ethan or Aurora ammunition to hate her more.

"Besides, I might have a need for a few helpers with what I have planned Jesse, I don't wanna slip over and turn the cistern into a sinkhole..."

Last edited:
"I'm not hallucinating, not that much. You know what I'm seeing, odds are you see it too. But, if you want me to hang back, fine. Just bring the bones back for me, and try not to damage the skulls."

Shisa knew she wasn't crazy, sure she was seeing things. But not seeing things. But whatever Shaun was going to work on sounded interesting.

"Today were going to be making a bomb." Shaun stated flatly, He then began to stack cinderblocks to about waist height, before topping the pile with a crate cover.

He then began to disassemble the old grenades taken from the supply caravan, putting the emptied casings to one side. He placed the still viable grenade payload into a small can next to a javelin rocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back