Basic Firearm/Guns Knowledge For Roleplayers

Was this helpful?

• Yes, it helps a lot!

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Yes, but some of it doesn't make sense.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Kinda...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It was too vague

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! What is this gibberish?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I'm a curious gun nut passing by.

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
Heyyy, I saw this while I was passing through and I thought i'd give this a read.
All that jazz about suppressors, clips, and control were great, but I found weight to be a crucial one.

With my OCs, I occasionally put them into a scenario in which they'll use guns. Half of them probably wouldn't be able to handle the weight that i'd been putting on them.

Very useful indeed, I am also someone who is bothered by gun inaccuracies a ton so I'm glad you're trying to stop misinformation from spreading!

Some people like to play with bigger rounds like .50 Action Express, .500 Magnum, and the massive .50 BMG. They're great, and they'll turn skulls into unrecognizable messes if you need them to, but HOT DAMN THAT KICK IS LIKE GETTING WHALLOPED BY A KANGAROO.

I thought this guide was very well written and encompassed a big part about firearms, but I'd loved to have seen a bit about Light Machine Guns and how to operate them, as most people are very unaware as to how LMGs actually work.
The most common LMG, M249, weighs around 22lbs and can come with 200 round drum magazines. They also commonly shoot 5.56. If not secured on an object and shot in bursts, don’t expect to hit much. To load you must first rack the bolt back and then forward, flip the LMG into safety, unlock it’s feed-tray cover, clear it of any left over debris, and then feed the contents of the magazine inside.

Not sure if this helps, or if you were asking for Fletch to post about it for others who were oblivious on the subject.

The most common LMG, M249, weighs around 22lbs and can come with 200 round drum magazines. They also commonly shoot 5.56. If not secured on an object and shot in bursts, don’t expect to hit much. To load you must first rack the bolt back and then forward, flip the LMG into safety, unlock it’s feed-tray cover, clear it of any left over debris, and then feed the contents of the magazine inside.

Not sure if this helps, or if you were asking for Fletch to post about it for others who were oblivious on the subject.

Just for those who don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back