• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Basic BBCode issue/question

Ayama

Enthusiast
So I just transitioned from my old RPing website, where I coded in CSS, to here, and I'm trying to adjust and get the hang of BBCode.
One thing that confuses/frustrates me is my seeming inability to make the code visible (after posting), and I was wondering if there was a trick I could use to fix that.

First, let me clarify what I mean:

When I'm putting together a post with BBCode formatting, I type in the required codes to format the post according to my desires, such as
[ center ] text goes here [ /center ] (I added the spaces so that the code would still be visible in this post after it goes up.
If I type the code without the spaces, it works, and when the post goes up the text is centered like I want it to be- so far so good!

BUT, if I go back later and want to edit my post, I'm unable to edit the BBCode I put in for its formatting, because it no longer appears in the post.
Is there something I can use to work around this/make the code appear? Or is my only option to leave in the spaces if I want the codes to be visible to me?
I hope my question was clear- I worry that I did not explain this well!

Sounds like you aren't disabling the Rich Text Editor. On the toolbar, there should be icon, click on it and it'll disable rich text.

And since you are more familiar with CSS, allow me to point you towards our BBCode+ Guide. BBCode+ is basically just CSS in bbcode, with divs, classes, etc.

Sounds like you aren't disabling the Rich Text Editor. On the toolbar, there should be icon, click on it and it'll disable rich text.

And since you are more familiar with CSS, allow me to point you towards our BBCode+ Guide. BBCode+ is basically just CSS in bbcode, with divs, classes, etc.
Thank you very much- that helped a lot!
I now know what I need to do in order to make it visible to myself when I go back in to edit my posts.
Is there maybe a code or trick I could use to make code templates visible to others? You know, if I want to give players in one of my RPs coding for their character sheets, for example? Or is my only option to tell them to disable the Rich Text Editor? ^^"

we have [code] for blocks of code and [icode] small inline text. We also have [plain] which forces everything into plain text

Okay new issue! xD
I saw that it was possible to change the style and thickness of a divider line, but is there any way to change its color? ^^"
Also the answer is probably 'no', but when you use
Code:
 [insert BBCodes here]
, is it possible to make the stuff inside the [ code ] area centered as well? xD

Last edited:
Nope, tho there have been substitutes with divs

Code:
[div=border-bottom: 2px solid red; color: red; font-size: 10px; text-align: center; position: relative; display: block;]test[/div]
test

Thank you!
Man they just keep coming xD
Is it possible to change the formatting for hyperlinks? I've figured out how to format the link itself, but not the underline that's blue when it just sits there and turns red when your mouse hovers over the link.

Last edited:

Oh that is so great thank you!
Sorry about all the questions, btw- I hope once I've got the hang of this site I won't need to ask anymore ^^"
Anyway, is it possible to format the tabs? As in change the color/style of the tabs themselves, the text inside, and the divider lines above and below them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back