• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Baptism by Fire

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Asa Loko

Lightning
The afternoon sun was shining brightly down onto the fields far from above with its majestic size. Basking everything in its light and warming each spot not covered by shadows up. Cicadas were making their shrill noises, as they were sitting in the high grass and the wheat-fields. Birds in the distant, yet near forests chirping, singing their songs. The borderlands of the Cantha-empire. Its common characteristic were the farm villages, garnisons and plenty watchtowers. It may have been under the rule of the empire, but the real rulers in the lands so far away from the capital were the monsters residing within the thick forests they called home. Yet people still came out here to colonise the unknown lands. Further expanding the Empire's borders by settling out here. It was a win-win situation. The peasants out here received free territory, freedom from tax and investments from the capital in form of tools, seeds and protection. Cantha on the other hand got more ressources and increased its size to its neighbours' wariness.

But politics were not on the people's and soldiers' mind here at the Heinaku Village. Rather how to survive given the hostile neighbours and fauna consisting of goblins, orcs and dire wolves. But all these were the reason for the Empire's military presence here in the outskirts of its borders. A garnison was at the village's centre. Surrounded by wooden palisades the inside of the outpost was made up of tents and simple wooden buildings. Not too different from the rest of the simple farm-village with its thatch-roofs, wide, blooming wheat fields and spinning wind mills. Soon it was going to be harvest-season and the gold from the fields would fade away.

Some guards were standing at the side of the street and at the bridge crossing the Indra river. A big convoy made up of wooden carts pulled by oxes was driving over the street, shortly arriving at the Vel Crossing, which lead them over the strong flowing current past some houses and an apple-tree field. To their right and left they saw the Shura Forest. A green thicket housing the deviant beasts, that attacked the village recently more often. This was the sole reason for this caravan's appearance, as more soldiers were being transported here to guarentee the village's security. It was going to be a hard task, because those with a keen eye or good hearing would hear the leeching monsters sitting in the bushes at the edge of the forest. Observing the convoy roll over the street. Heading towards to the garnison, where a tall man in lamellar armour was waiting for the arrival of the caravan and his additional forces for the upcoming weeks.

The working villagers on the fields or within their houses laid down their weapons to glance at the carts carrying the men and supplies for the military, but also local population. They looked weak and frightened, but there were traces of hope visible in their faces. Were they finally going to be safe?

1550793079012.png

Last edited:
f55b95ab8c4537c8db70b31a9da8e3e7.jpg
The bright orange glow of the rising sun's light shown through the tinted glass windows of the Heimaku inn, giving everything in the room an amber tint. Kaezar Bel in the bar portion of the building, mug in hand, listening to his comrades regale stories of previous triumph, each story a slight attempt at one upping the previous storyteller. Despite the rather cheery, upbeat mood in the Tavern, things had not been so great around the village as of late. The mass influx of soldiers into the towns relatively small infastructure had been uncomfortable to say the least. Every room in the inn had been full for the past week, leaving majority of the incoming forces to sleep in the designated tents. Sharing a room meant for two people, with seven other soldiers had not been ideal for Kaezar, but he thought it better than roughing it out in the elements. Plus, he had come to find the symphony of farts, burps, and snores rather soothing, helping him fall asleep.

As the embelishment of each story grew, so did Kaezar's buzz, as his only escape from this seemingly unending boredom would be inebriation. As he finished his fourth mug of ale, he called for a refill of his glass and a bottle of hard liquor for his table, an action met with a collective drunken cheers. Before pouring anyone at the table a drink, Kaezar made sure to save himself a few swigs for later in a small portable flask. As the table full of soldiers passed around the now nearly empty bottle, a low rumble began to fill the room from the outside, its volume steadily increasing. The familiarity of wagon pulling hoof-beats and having a rough idea of the day's schedule, Kaezar figured the next batch of soldiers had arrived. He wondered why more soldiers kept being sent out to this location? In the time since he'd arrived, there had been nothing more than a few goblins being spotted here and there; save one house fire. In his opinion, the large number of soldiers seemed to be hurting the village economy, who were struggling with all the extra mouths to feed. The whole plan was beyond him, and thinking about it too much made his head spin, so he settled for ordering his sixth mug of ale and trying to relax before things inevitably went wrong.

Last edited:
Aeson sat silently at the back of the wagon, leaning an arm on a raised knee as she let her other foot dangle precariously from the edge the wagon's flooring. Her eyes were constantly on the forest as they moved through it. She wondered just how many creatures might dwell in it's depths with the amount of soldiers the area was shipping in. It wasn't every day that so many were moved, after all. Regardless, the Koray woman had no problem with the task at hand. It gave her something to do and a good way to practice.

Once they reached the village tavern, what she assumed she'd be shacking up in for an unforeseen amount of time, Aeson jumped off the back of the wagon, landing deftly on her feet to survey the area. From a quick glance it seemed the small town was still just putting down it's roots. However, there were also smaller things that were evidence to struggling. Namely a blacked house caught her eye as it was likely a house fire, though she had no clue if the fire was malicious or not. Aeson just frowned with a sigh, it was a decent remind that she needed to keep her own practice as far from the village as safely possible. After all, she didn't want to accidentally set something up in flame. The village had suffered enough and didn't need much more from her.

Aisha sat stiffly at the corner of the cart, her legs were crossed and her arms grasped tightly at the cart's wall. Her gritting teeth could be heard by anyone who was in the same cart as her. It's not like she was having a motion sickness or afraid of transportation, but she was nervous for her first day at this job and the jolts of the cart was quite overwhelming for her senses.

"Hey, you okay?" Another new soldier who sat in front of her asked. Aisha answered the question without moving her head.

"I-I'm okay, thank you. D-don't mind me." She braced herself as she knew that a big rock was going to shake the whole cart.

*bump*

The cart slightly lean to the left as the right wheel rolled over the rock. Aisha felt relieved when she knew that the rest of the road was a smoother ones, since they're slowly approaching the village.

Without the threat of the stray rock on the road, Aisha dared herself to peek outside of the caravan. Not that she could see anything other than a mish mash of blurred colors, but she could heard a slight rustling sound from the bushes around the perimeter of the forest. She didn't like this feeling of being watched, but she did nothing as their watcher finally moved on deeper into the forest.

The carts finally stopped at Heinaku village. All the supplies were unloaded and the new soldiers climbed down from the carts. Aisha didn't know what to do next, so she gave a salute to the tall man that seemingly waiting for their arrival, assuming that this man will be their commander or something.

o7

Last edited:
The soldiers being hauled in all had their own looks to them some were bored, some were worried, others were actually excited. Of those bunch Victoria was one of the excited ones she had heard that in the forest many monsters roamed. She'd hunted all types of animals before but nothing like a goblin or a orc, she figured the more animal-like monsters wouldn't be too different. All and all she was eager to face with some monsters it'd been some time since she gotten a chance to use her bow on something that would fight back. Currently Victoria was in the process of making sure her bow was in top condition, what was a hunter without their bow. She looked out of the cart at the passing trees settling back down she had to wonder if she'd be allowed to hunt in her free time. That also brought up the question of if she'd get free time in the first place.

When the cart came to a stop Victoria was one of the first out of it standing next to her fellow soldiers. She was a bit slower than the others to salute to the large man, she quickly picked up she should be doing so seeing the others. So she followed their example and saluted the man looking at him he certainly seemed like someone who held a high position in the military. Victoria figured the higher up one was in the military the more choices they got which meant if Victoria reached a high enough position she'd be able to hunt all the time. The idea caused a small smile to glue itself to the young woman face.

Upon the stopping caravan, the feeling of being watched and the sounds of walking grew weaker and weaker, until it was completely gone. Now that the goblins knew, that new forces had arrived, they ventured back into their nests to inform the rest.

"Suit yourselves", the tall man with the lamellar armor protecting his chest, arms and upper legs spoke, as he made a dismissing-hand wave gesture to the side. These words were directed at all the soldiers in front of him giving him a salute, obviously. Among them Victoria, Aisha, and Aeson, whom he looked at thoughtful for a split second. His face, covered in a patchy stubble beard due to several claw-like scars. On the outside, he may have seemed like a very rough person thanks to the brutish looks, but he seemed very calm and friendly. Given he wasn't yelling at each and every one of them upon arrival.

"I welcome you to Heinaku village, your home for the next weeks, months, if not years. All dependant on how well you will work. My name is Balian Tenro, garrison-leader of Heinaku", he smacked his dry lips and cleared his throat. "Make yourself comfortable here and keep your eyes open. Currently, we are at our enemies' mercy, since they decide when and where the fight takes place, however, soon we will change that. But more pressing matters first now. I will assign you into groups. Three footmen together with a higher ranked soldier to make sure you will have some sort of guide during your tasks", the higher ranked soldier then started yelling out names he read of from a list handed to him. People started moving and went towards their assigned veteran, who then gave them the order to unpack the caravan's contents. Bringing heavy crates to the fortified garrison with its wooden palisades and into the inn, that had some soldiers in it. Given the inn was also at the village's heart next to a slightly bigger house, it was also the perfect place to store supplies so they wouldn't be easily stolen.

At the very end, the last three yelled names were "Victoria Baliston! Aeson Yera-Azar! Aisha Rose!" With the same calm expression as earlier, the high ranked soldier gave them a wave to come closer. "You are going to be assigned to corporal Kaezar Bel. Given I don't see him around here, I assume he is within the tavern, drinking once again", he spoke with a slightly annoyed tone", Balian rubbed his temples and turned to face the inn. "Listen. You go in there and tell him you are a part of his group now. And tell him the following: You four are going to be part of the subjugation force for future expeditions into the forests and hills. If he doesn't comply, tell him I am going to have him clean the latrines until the end of his career. If he won't move his arse after that or treat you without respect, come to me", the tall-man grumbled and shook his head. "Go", he pointed at the building and directed his attention towards the other soldiers, who were busy with their own orders.

---​

"Another ale for the barfly battlemage, yes yes", the barkeeper spoke, as he filled the mug with the highly desired red-brownish. "Here, five coppers, just like before", the man placed the drink onto the table with the soldiers and peeked outside from the window. "More reinforcements?", the old man with the big belly perked up an eyebrow. "Guess we will have soon a city standing here with all the soldiers", he spoke with a laugh at the end and rubbed his double chins.

Unable to stop the uncontrollable laughter, Kaezar began slamming his fist into the table, causing both mugs and coin to shake. The gathered group of Corprals laughed maniacally as the jokes continued to be passed around like a low priced street walker. Only higher ranking officials had been able to get a spot in the inn's rooms, and most rooms only came with two beds. So this relegates most officers to sleeping on the floor; though it also meant the officers had easiest access to the bar, a suprisingly rare luxury of the job.

"Here, five coppers, just like before." Kaezar grinned only wider as the fresh mug of ale was placed in front of him. Kaezar excitedly grabbed his fresh brew and began to chug, garnering a quick chant from the table. With a rather impressive belch, Kaezar tossed the barkeep more than enough coin for his drink.

"That should take care of the cost, as well as any trouble me and my comrades here have caused your fine establisment." Reaching into his pack, Kaezar retrieved another small handfull of coin, cautious as not to drop any.

"Guess we will have a city here soon, with all these soldiers", the barkeep said, with a laugh at the end as he rubbed his double chins.

"I'd like another round of mugs brought out to the table please sir." Kaezar said, handing the coins to the barkeep. Turning his gaze to the table, he continued.

"I'm assuming our new recruits will be here soon, and I can only hope they are half as fun as you fine soldiers." He said raising a shot glass, to a collective 'Here, Here' by the table.

Aisha nodded at the garrison leader's order. She was still feeling the first-day anxiety as she quickly and stiffly walked towards the inn, leaving her teammates behind. When she opened the inn's door. A very familiar scent invaded her nose. It's the smell of sweat and alcohol, the same smell as the tavern where she worked before, but the smell here was stronger due to the astounishing number of soldiers in the inn.

Do they really need this many soldiers? She silently asked to herself.

"Oh, here's the new faces." A man with too many mugs on his hands approached her. "Welcome to my 'inn'. Do you need something? Just ask away."

"Y-yes, sir! I'm looking for corporal Kaezar Bel. Apparently I'm assigned under his group." Aisha replied awkwardly.

"No need to be so formal with me. But Kaezar, eh?? Guess you and your teammates just hit the jackpot. He's over there." The barkeep pointed at a group of corporal drinking and laughing together. Aisha thanked the barkeep and approached the group. She stood behind the man that she assumed was Kaezar and saluted him.

"G-greeting, sir Kaezar! I'm Aisha Rose. One of the footman that is assigned under your care. I-I'm looking toward your guidance!" She said it, she finally said it. The greeting that she recited on the wagon to pass the time and distract her anxiety. She hoped it didn't sounds stupid.

"Err.. Miss, I'm not Kaezar, he is over there. On the other side of the table." The man sounds as confused as Aisha as he replied her. Aisha smacked herself inside her mind, now I look totally stupid! She should be more careful and asked the barkeeper to point the person more accurately, considering her condition.

She dragged herself around the table and did the exact same greeting to the real Kaezar Bel as before, but with more stuttering as she was still blushing with embarassment from the previous event.

Aeson frowned at the instructions the garrison-leader had given them. Assigned to a man who had to be threatened with latrine duty for respect? It didn't bode well to say the least. Regardless, she walked into the inn with the rest of the recruits. As soon as the smell of alcohol hit her nose she grimaced. The Koray woman had never been one to drink and this place just reeked with the scent of such.

She followed in benign silence as she watched Aisha fail to introduce herself to the right person and then managed to get it right the second time. As soon as the woman was done with her stuttering she looked at Kaezar with disinterest, "Good afternoon, Corporal," Aeson spoke, holding out a hand for the man to shake, "My name is Aeson Yera-Azar and I've been assigned under your leadership while stationed here." She came off rather formal and cold, but if he were to shake her hand there was a warmth under her skin that was unnatural in origin.

Victoria stepped into the bar with a childlike wonder her village didn't really have anything like this. Alcohol was something reserved for ceremonies and to celebrate a grand hunt. Yet here it was different it seemed one was allowed to drink solely if they felt like it. "How quaint." She muttered to herself following the other soldiers to where they were told their corporal would be found Victoria smiled to the table. "Hello Corporal," Victoria unlike the other two didn't bow or attempt to shake his hand rather than disrespectful it was like Victoria was treating the man like an old friend. Victoria seemed right at home with the bubbly atmosphere in the bar and she was already eyeing the drinks. She had alcohol once in a while but never in such a large amount, it wasn't even that she liked it, Victoria was just excited to do something new. "Do you think I could get a drink or two as well?" She asked leaning towards the table placing both hands on it for balance.

The garrison leader gave the trio a last glance before they stepped inside and were out of his field of vision. The soldiers outside continued their work. Bringing the supply to everywhere within the village, while some others were on the lookout for goblins.

---

"Another round of mugs? Jeez, drinking so much so early already", the barkeeper laughed loudly, as he headed behind the wooden counter. He started filling the mugs up. Foam going everywhere during that process. Upon the arrival of the three recruits, the barkeeper looked up. Just like the other higher ranked soldiers within the inn.

Some of them wore chainmail and had a sheathed longsword. Others had a lamellar armor similar to the garrison leader's, made out of small metal plates, that were connected with each other. And their weapons were either curved swords or polearms. Mostly letter. Of course, there were also women among their ranks. Needless to say, that those three, who just entered were the first women they saw in months.

The men at the table, where Aisha wrongly introduced herself to some random corporal burst out in laughter. People wheezed and slapped their knees before they continued drinking whilst watching over the group.

Those officers at Kaezar's table were leaning back, sipping from their drinks. "Seems like ya got a harem for yaself, Kaez", one of his comrades nudged his side and then looked over their interaction. In the meantime the barkeeper arrived once again, bringing a round tray where several mugs of ale were standing on top of it. "Here you go, friends", the humongous man said.

Last edited:
Peering over his mug as he gulped down the last half of it contents, Kaezar watched as the recruits entered the bar. Initially he had thought the group of large burly young men we're going to be under his leadership, only to watch them introduce themselves to nome other than his rival, Corpral Umber. At the same time, at the table where Kaezar sat, he watched as a young emerald eyed girl introduced herself to the Corpral opposite of him. The thing that caught his attention, she had said Kaezar's name, not even looking at him. Finishing off the contents of his mug, Kaezar sat waiting as the three women made their way around the table, just as the fresh roind of mugs arrived.

"Seems like you got a harem for yaself Kaez." Spoke the corpral with a slight nudge. Kaezar let out a weak laugh, replying with no hesitation.
"You joke now, but look at the seriousness painted on that one's face. A lifetime supply of ale says she out ranks both of us in less than a year." Kaezar said, aiming the Corpral's attention to the Koray Elf's demeanor.

"G-greeting, sir Kaezar! I'm Aisha Rose. One of the footman that is assigned under your care. I-I'm looking toward your guidance!" Aisha said, as she stood in front of Kaezar. The entire time she spoke, he stayed examining her eyes.
"Holy crap, this girl is blind!" Kaezar thought to himself.

"Good afternoon, Corporal," Aeson spoke, holding out a hand for the man to shake, "My name is Aeson Yera-Azar and I've been assigned under your leadership while stationed here." Aeson said, extending to shake. Kaezar frimly shook the Elven girl's hand, trying to ignore the look of disinterest and cold tone.
"Perhaps you could use those warm hands to melt the icy gaze, rookie." Kaezar said with slight smile in a commanding tone.

"Hello corpral" the last recruit said."Do you think I could get a drink or two as well?" She asked leaning towards the table placing both hands on it for balance. A complete 180 from the last interaction, this caught Kaezar offguard. With a hearty chuckly, he reach to the center of the table where the newly arrived mugs of ale sat.

Distributing a mug to each of his new recruits, and one to himself, Kaezar began to speak.
"As you all know, I am Corpral Bel. Though I think considering the extensive amount time we're about to be stuck together, I don't mind going by Kaezar." He said, looking around the group. Raising his mug to the center, he spoke once more. "Cheers! This will be one of the few leisure times we'll get, so enjoy while you can."

"Cheers." Aisha took her mug and mimicked the group by raising hers.

She then sniffed the ale, trying to determine the content. It's somewhere between 5 to 10% alcohol, I can handle this. She assured herself as she gulped down the ale quickly. The ale warmed her and made her feels more relaxed.

"I just remember, corporal, I mean, Kaezar. Sir Balian told us something about being part of the subjugation force for future expeditions into the forests and hills. Can you tell us more about this?"

Aeson kept silent after introducing herself. Not much for the current conversation of the group being a harem and Kaezar's advice about her gaze. She took the ale out of courtesy and raised it to meet the same expectation, but didn't drink from it. Instead she just set it back on the table, turning her gaze to Aisha as she asked her question. Indeed it was something she too wanted to know more about but the woman had beat her to the question, not that she minded.

Victoria licked her lips as she was given a mug full of the brownish liquid the form on the top made it look sweet. Lifting the mug up with the others Victoria laughed as she cheered with them. "Cheers!" Right after the cheer Victoria chugged the drink a bit surprised it wasn't sweet like she expected but bitter instead. When she was done she licked her lips of the stray drops of ale. Victoria smacked her lips a few times in order to get a sense of the taste. "Mmmm~" She hummed liking the drink it wasn't the flavor of the ale she liked but more so the feeling of downing the drink that Victoria deprived a pleasure from. She grabbed another mug still sitting on the table and proceeded to down that one as well. Slamming the mug back on the table with a satisfied, "Ah." following it. "Hey hey these are really *hic* good." A hand went up to her mouth as Victoria hiccuped her vision wobbled slightly and she almost lost her footing despite standing perfectly still. She placed a hand on the table to balance herself, she shook her head as if that would cure whatever ales her. Victoria's eyes wondered the table for a moment landing on Aeson who placed her drink back on the table. "Oi if yoush not havin it." She then nabbed the drink and downed it as well the third drink being the final nail in the coffin for Victoria as she fell to her knees mug still in hand. "Another!" She shouted as she held the mug up in the air waving it around she turned it upside down, shaking it like that might produce more.

"Subjugation force, eh? Now, if that ain't quite the honor for Kaez and his men!", another one of the corporals laughed out, as he raised his mug just like the women did. A moment later he downed its contents into his mouth and stomach. Only letting out a loud sigh of content.

"Maybe you're rite, Kaezar. With that elf's look and your bunch's important task, it seems she will outrank us soon enough. Maybe you too, if you'll finally pull that stick outta your arse", someone tapped Kaezar's shoulder and gave him a smug smirk. "Being among those who will venture out to take care of the Shura goblin tribes and the Tana orcs. What a splendid honor!", he chuckled and then also drank, but not without raising his cup for a loud "Cheers!" to Aisha, Victoria and Aeson.

"Ya got lucky, barfly, ya managed to get a Yera-Azar in your squad. But being sent out here into the our beloved bad borderlands? Yikes", a corporal from the different table who eavesdropped raised his voice. His skin was tanned from the long marches and hours of guarding beneath the sun, but his facial features were definitely himmelian, maybe a knight-descendant from the annexed Kingdom.

"Young miss, I think you had a little bit enough for now already", the inn-keeper with the big belly spoke to Victoria and put the last mugs off the tray, before he raised it to head back behind the counter, where he started to fill up the next order of ale, that the officers from a different table ordered. After all, the business didn't suddenly stop around then in the meantime. The afternoon slowly turned towards evening and it became peak-time to drink and eat in here.

Placing his mug on the table, Kaezar tossed a few coin into the empty cup, a final tip for the keep. Looking back to his newly formed squad gathered before him, he began to speak.
"As previously stated we're here to exterminate any and all hostile forces that are inhabiting the borderlands. Our foes will be looking for nothing less than our demise, so I suggest you take tonight and prepare yourselves for the bloodshed."
His words hung in the air for moment as he paused, thinking about all of his fallen friends and comrades just since his promotion to Corpral. Most of the soldiers in this room hadn't served half as long as he had, but many still held his rank. Not due to their skill or ability, but because the more experienced ones had already perished

Shaking the dark trail of thoughts, he spoke once more before heading for his bunk.
"I suggest you all eat. I've found it a lot harder to kill goblins on an empty stomach. Your tent will be in the field southeast of this building, in front of the Shura forest." He said gesturing in the general direction. As he turned for the stairs, he conitnued to speak.
"I'll meet with you all in the morning and we can discuss battle styles and strategies. If we're going to be an effective squad, we're going to need to know eachother strengths and weaknes..." The end of his sentence was cut off as he had already made it up the stairs to the inns bedrooms.
Falling into his makeshift cot, Kaezar let the sweet embrace of sleep begin to takeover. All the alcohol in his stomach made it rather easy for him to black out rather quickly. He preferred to be asleep before his bunkmates, as he did not enjoy listening to the constant snoring.

Aisha nodded as their corporal walked back to his room. She then walked to the counter and ordered some foods from the barkeeper. The barkeeper gave her three bowls of stew instead.

"First meal for all new recruits is on the house." He said to the confused Aisha.

"Thank you, sir. You are nice."

"No need to thank me. I don't want any death on the first mission because they can't afford any dinner. Go share with your friends, and keep watch for that girl who got drunk on her second mug."

Aisha nodded and brought the stews back to the table. She put one of the stew in front of Aeson, one in front of Victoria, and the last one was for herself.

"I got some free meal. Let's eat." She scooped the broth and took a sip. It lacks... taste, actually. But considering that this was a free meal for all new recruits, she couldn't complain anything, at least the stew was warm.

"Umm... Aeson, is it?" Aisha turned her attention from the steaming stew to one of her new teammate. "Do you not drink alcohol? I see that you didn't drink yours before."

Aeson sat at the table as the Corporal spoke to the group. She didn't ask questions or pipe up until the man left and Aisha returned with food. The Koray woman paused, looking at the stew before picking up the spoon to eat. And that's when the woman asked her a question.

She sighed, looking over at Aisha, "Ah.. No. No, I do not. I don't find the act very invigorating or such. And the material is much more useful as a weapon than a drink." She said calmly, gesturing to the flask on her belt.

"That's an... interesting use of alcohol, I guess." Aisha commented at Aeson's remark. She and some of her colleagues used to play some games using alcohol back in the tavern, she remember one of them put some fuse on a high alcohol ratio drink, making some sort of incidentary weapon and almost burned the tavern.

She finished her stew and arranged it neatly on the edge of the table, where the barkeep could easily collect it.

"I think I will sleep early, today trip really make me tired." Aisha rose from the chair and head outside to the south-east field. She found some tents had been made on the edge of the field, surrounding a big campfire. A person was tending to the fire while roasting some kind of sausage, at least that's what it smells like.

"Sorry, ma'am. Could you help me find my tent?" There was something like writing on the top of each tent that might be the names of the team that was supposed to sleep in that particular tent, but she couldn't read it so she asked the woman.

"Ah, you new? Or illiterate? Doesn't matter, eh. Let this Corporal Maya help you out. What's yer name?" The woman turned her attention from her sausages to the girl who asked her, her tone sounded a bit rough but friendly.

"Aisha Rose."

"Ah, right." She checked the writing on the top of the tent one by one, until she stopped on a tent on the corner of the field. "Here, Aisha. The tent for your team."

Aisha approached the tent and gladly thanked the woman. Corporal Maya just replied with a chuckle and went back to the bonfire. Aisha entered the tent and claimed a spot on the left.

The tent felt spacious, might be because it's designed for three, four or even five people to be crammed in. Her tiredness quickly took control of her body and she fell asleep a few minutes afrer her head hit the pillow. Though she might be hearing something like 'my wieners is on fire!' or something along that line from the middle of the field.

Victoria had her head resting on the table lightly giggling to herself when the barkeep told her she had one too many to drink she shot back up. "That ridicurlos." Her drunkenness made clear but the complete butcher of the word ridiculous. As Aisha returned with stew for the group to eat Victoria gladly partook in the meal. Slurping it up straight from the bowl with no regard for manners after finishing she let go of the bowl letting it clunk back onto the table. She then leaned to the right her head falling onto Aeson's shoulder. She smirked giggling lightly again at nothing in particular before saying, "Thanks for the meal." Victoria turned her attention back to Aeson and poked her face. "Hey, hey, Aeson your so pretty," Victoria smiled and pulled on Aeson's face. "I'd bet you'd be even prettier if you smiled more."

"Already goin' to sleep? Damn you, barfly, lettin' us hangin' just like that, while we are still in a good mood to drink!", the corporals laughed and bid their farewell to the leaving comrade with raised mugs, cheering and terrible singing.

The uneven tones and songs that were more growled than sung, continued throughout the evening in the tavern. A constant mess, that slowly grew more and quieter, as one corporal after another left towards their room to sleep. Even some of Kaezar's roommates returned and fell into their beds. Loud snoring soon following up on them, as expected.

Eventually, the tavern's door opened up again. A man similar to Balian' size entered, accompanied by two other soldiers with a polearm in their hands. But unlike the garrison leader, the man wore a massive plate armor similar to a knight's. "Quit yer damn singin' and head to your damn beds, damn drunkards!", the officer yelled through the inn's inside and folded both his arms in front of the chest plate, that had several engravements on it.

"A-As you command, sergeant Heinrich!", the drunken corporals stuttered and lowered their heads before they quickly finished their drinks and dispersed. Some went into their rooms, others headed out towards the fort with the wooden palisades, where the garrison leader resided. Meanwhile, completely others went towards the same camp made out of tents close to the inn.

Campfires were burning and some stews were being cooked over them. At one of them sat the corporal Maya, who was in engaged with casual conversation, as many soldiers already headed to sleep after their tedious work and arrival. Only a few of them were patrolling around the village with torches and drawn weapons.

At Victoria's actions Aeson went stiff, staring down at the woman was leaning on her shoulder and prodding at her face. For a split second she didn't know how to react but she quickly came to her composure as she was still aware that she had a duty to uphold, "Thank you, but I have a job here and it is not to be pretty or drunk... I'd say you'd best think about that as well," the Koray woman muttered as she turned in her seat to grip Victoria's shoulders and move her off herself, "And perhaps get some sleep as well."

Victoria despite Aeson's words or warning wouldn't be doing a lot of thing right about now considering the only thing she could think about, was making Aeson laugh somehow. She would've resorted to tickling if Aeson hadn't moved her away from her, Victoria's upper body then flopped onto the table. A small smile plastered on her face she made a sorta "gimme" motion to Aeson. A pathetic attempt at getting up was quit before it even began in fact one might not of even noticed Victoria had even tried to sit up. She looked up at Aeson her eyes the only thing that moved and made another "gimme" motion before stating, "Carry me."

Aeson frowned, her eyebrows furrowed with frustration, "You... you're kidding me, correct?" She asked, crossing her arms and staring at Victoria. But it didn't seem like the woman was joking. At least not with how inebriated she was.

Aeson sighed, "Ok, fine. Pack strap or bridal?" She asked, standing up and stretching out her arms and back. After all, she didn't want to injure herself carrying Victoria or drop her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back