• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Banners & Blood - Closed

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
6baf61c9ba04598989f18c75899a2a36.jpg

Oakheart. A sleepy village nestled in the southern Deep Wood. Four days ago, Old Symas missed his shipment. It’s something he’s never done in twenty years of driving caravans back and forth from Glewick City.

Rumors began to fly. Some said he was deep in his cups and got his throat slit. Others spoke of the Old Ones’ return and their wake of destruction. None knew for sure. Whatever it is, the chill wind at midday and the murder of crows that seem everywhere and nowhere speak of danger.

Something is wrong. And everyone can feel it.

You stand in the common room of Hook’s rundown tavern. The old barkeep ignores the commotion from the town meeting and wipes glasses with a dirty dishrag. Mayor Brander lifts his bulk from his seat and raises a hand to quiet the crowd.

“Quiet,” the Mayor says. The crowd complies. He gestures to you all as he speaks. “So, then we are agreed? The people you see before you will be sent to investigate why we haven’t had our supply shipment in nearly a week? All in favor, say ‘aye!’”

The crowd murmurs a majority, “Aye.”

You’ve been chosen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banners & Blood is a fantasy role-play with me as the GM. It's main features are:
  • Traditional fantasy adventure. Play knights in gleaming armor, wizards with ancient magic, or anything in between.
  • Emergent play. The story is not pre-determined in direction or content. Let's play to find out!
  • Varied scope. Fight from adventure to adventure or build a nation and go to war.
  • The story focuses on you and your companions.
Anyone up for playing? I'm hoping Teh Frixz Teh Frixz might join.

Excellent. Three is enough to play. I’ll leave the post up for the day to see if we get more interest. Then I’ll make the threads.

I’m excited.

I'm interested :] Haven't done any roleplaying or even writing and this seems like a great way to get back into it :D

Okay, the threads up. Go ahead and post and create characters. I'll tag everyone here in the OOC just to be sure, as well.

Thanks again!

GAME LINKS
IC

OOC
CS

We've had a few players drop and are looking for new characters to join the group. This game has become a tale of dark fantasy where hope is a cruel jest.

Could you summarize either the niches that have been filled or perhaps niches you'd like to see new players cover?

Sure. We have a gun-toting Powder Hunter, a Ranger, a Corsair, a Monster Hunter (think Bloodborne), an Achemist, and a vampire who is an Engineer. I just had someone apply as an illusionist / tempest witch.

As for what we need, whatever you’re happy playing. Really anything fits as long as it works with dark fantasy. I’d you had to nail me down, the group is lacking hardcore magic. Though, the illusionist / witch might fit the bill.

Could you summarize either the niches that have been filled or perhaps niches you'd like to see new players cover?
Adding onto what WlfSamurai WlfSamurai said, this role-play is dark fantasy (think: Sleepy Hollow, Brother's Grimm, Bloodborne, Lovecraft, et cœtera), and as of concrete classes we're missing, we don't really have a 'true' fighter or healer. Take that as you will, but keep in mind we're still in the beginning stages of our powers/talents, so nothing where you can level a city or w/e. :' ) Hope you join! We'd love to have you!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I might try a wizard then and revive a character a few years old, Cassie Weaver, an elf raised by humans. I'll give it some thought and pitch a sheet in the near future.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I might try a wizard then and revive a character a few years old, Cassie Weaver, an elf raised by humans. I'll give it some thought and pitch a sheet in the near future.
Awesome. We’d love to have you if you decide to do so. Thanks.

may i hop in? i think i could fill the healer vacancy.... in my own way. how much liberty do players have with setting/race/mechanics of magic/etc?
and is the emergent plot determined only by you or is it kinda a group effort?

may i hop in? i think i could fill the healer vacancy.... in my own way. how much liberty do players have with setting/race/mechanics of magic/etc?
and is the emergent plot determined only by you or is it kinda a group effort?
Absolutely. We'd love to have you.

You have agency to create almost anything you want, as long as we feel it fits the game. I play the role of MC rather than ST here. This is your story. You tell me. I will usually turn questions back on your or the group. The setting/plot isn't established until it is played in game or agreed upon with the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back