• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Omg dude I have a whole thing I could do for this! Is there magic/mages? Or is it all more sci-fi? I'm down either way, it would only affect how I flavor my characters

Tech of the world is a Mix of some classic Cyberpunk tropes and posthuman ideas from Black Mirror on Netflix...
...but three steps further back from posthumanism than black mirror is- The world of Maniac (netflix series) is a perfect example of the level of technology I envision; In the "trial" phases of posthumanist technology but not there yet. A step shy of west world. I think having high-tech law enforcement (and private mega-corp enforcement) is also something I wanna incorporate.

Link in post above yours up there^

Charrie concepts so far:
  • Secret Witch Monster
  • Demon Badgirl
  • Undead Infester
  • Personality disorder wererat
  • Re-animated Internet Cafe Owner
  • Former Corp Operatives: Naiad and Siren
  • "Cured" Demon Cop.
  • Changeling Cafe Barista

Boss is sick but still appies are coming in!!

quinnissocool quinnissocool Yeah! EYYY!~!! Check it here!!
awesome! I posted my character idea but I thought I'd sent it this way too in case no one has seen it yet:

Hey! Got a link to this place and was told that I could still apply. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.

I'd like to just have a character who is a werewolf. The classical type - painful transformation, keeps to himself to avoid creating friendships and relationships and works in a dead-end job in a call centre to avoid suspicion (of all places to find a werewolf, in a little cubicle in a big office in a large building in the middle of the city might be the last place you find one). He is totally aware of what is going on during the transformation but has no control over what it does.

Whenever a transformation is nearing, he often looks ill and his senses are heightened. Spurts of pain tingle through his body. He would leave a few hours before the transformation where he owns a small bunker in the middle of the forest. This would be where he transforms. He would chain himself up to prevent escape, however, if he did break the chains, his senses would be busy with the heavy scent of meat he smeared around the room (by dragging raw chicken about the room to leave the scent). It would distract the werewolf and cause it to follow the scent, thus keeping him busy until the transformation ends. Somehow, music often soothes the beast, so if the smell were to go away the music would dampen the anger. October in the Railroad Earth by Jack Kerouac and Aquarius by the 5th Dimension seem to work. Thankfully, somehow, he has managed to avoid detection or suspicion, even in this world of constant surveillance.

He can only eat raw meat and water. When at work during lunchtime, he'll quickly eat in a restroom cubicle. He has a short temper, especially when nearing a transformation, and has learnt to meditate and do other breathing exercises to keep his emotions at bay. Outside of the typical times a transformation occurs, it can be triggered early in moments of intense stress or anger. That said, he often cries a lot when at home. He has thoughts of suicide but his wolf side somehow has managed to prevent him from doing so, even if it's at the last moment when he has a noose around his neck while standing on a stool.

He turned into a werewolf when he was 24 (he's 30 now). He went on a trip to the countryside with his soon to be wife who was pregnant. With her, he had never been happier in his life. They planned to go to a local fairground, and he decided to take a shortcut through the forest. Despite the lateness, they decided to go. It wasn't a long journey. It was a shortcut after all. Unfortunately that night, a werewolf was nearby. They were attacked by it. Only he survived, covered in blood and scratch marks and a broken arm. Despite the pain, he took her body, ran to the fairground and begged the paramedics, who were stationed there, to help her. Sadly they weren't able to. While he was recovering in hospital, he was informed that he was to be arrested on suspicion of her murder but was later exonerated due to lack of evidence. Due to him having not had the first transformation yet, they weren't able to detect any indication that he was a werewolf. The werewolf gene hadn't taken over yet. After her funeral, he forced himself to move on, but he kept her engagement ring. Later on, attaching it to a chain to make a necklace. The month after, he transformed for the first time days after his birthday. Realising what he was and how werewolves are viewed generally, he tried to put a new life together, left his hometown and moved to another part of the city, changing his name by deed poll. He never saw his family again, avoiding the possibility of bumping into them.

He has watched the civil rights movements for supernaturals from a distance, refusing to step out and publicly declare himself as one, preferring to lay low and not have to deal with the stress of potentially losing his job and being kicked out of his apartment.

When it comes to connections he has with the other characters, due to his commitment to social isolation outside of the basic stuff he needs to live (going to work, talking to colleagues, going to the store, going to the bank, going to vote), maybe some supernatural people can tell who isn't a werewolf and who is?

As for threads, I don't really want to do any romance themes.

Charrie concepts so far:
  • Secret Witch Monster
  • Demon Badgirl
  • Undead Infester
  • "Cured" Demon Cop.
  • Lone Werewolf

There's like only 6 RPers including the Boss that have posted charries. And some are still WIP so thinking you should be all goods.
Even though I’m sure something else will pop up, I consider my character done and ready to go! Can’t wait for this to start

Charrie concepts so far:
  • Secret Witch Monster
  • Demon Badgirl | "Cured" Demon Cop | Former Junkie: Repressed Angel
  • Undead Infester
  • Lone Werewolf

Places so far:
  • Homeless combine in a forest outside the city
  • Umbra Fabula Internet Cafe / Apartments above.
  • Spark the Dark Bar n' Grill

OOC link in the OP!!

I'm just here to bump this while I wait for more content lol somehow we all ended up at the cafe? Wish I could tell you how

Users who are viewing this thread

Back