• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"No, N-no!!" Guinevere protested fighting against him as he reached for her and started to her up.
She gripped the gold plated fixtures and held on for dear life as Dragon attempted to take her out of the bathroom.
"Unhand me! That's an order! S-stop, please!" She yelled as she flailed crazily, using her feet to try and push Dragon away. She aimed for pressure points namely face and groin.

D. Rex D. Rex

Lioness075 Lioness075

Spending some time resting in your bath, you almost didn't realize when someone entered the room without knocking. Standing at the door, his head at least turned away to spare your dignity, stood a man in very fine lightly colored clothing. A quick glance at his almost alabaster skin made it clear that he was a moon elf, though as with all elves his face was nearly ageless and androgynously beautiful, framed by almost white hair that hung to about the middle of his back. Hanging at his waist was a finely crafted rapier with an extravagant gold crossguard. When his voice spoke, it took on an almost ethereal, otherworldly presence. "Have you wasted enough time in my bath as of yet?"

His tone carried a certain disdain as he drew his rapier, the low rasp of the metal against its leather scabbard filling the ensuing silence. For a moment, it might seem as though he were being aggressive, but rather he scooped up a towel with the blade's point, tossing it to the floor across the room next to the tub. "My daughter has collected enough stray animals for ten of your lifetimes. First, the cursed girl. Now, two cats, surely rife with mange." Similarly, he picked up Lara's clothes with the tip of his sword and tossed them next to the armor, still without looking in her general direction. The last word carried with it poorly hidden vitriol, an acidic bite cutting through his otherwise almost musical voice.

The blade's tip settled on her Flaming Fist badge, tapping on it rhythmically before sliding it from where it rested onto the floor, then knocking it across the room to the rest of her belongings. Still not looking at her, and weapon still drawn, he continued. "I go to check on my daughter. She is young; she has seen less than thirty winters. But a child. Ensure that she is safe in your task, and you will be rewarded handsomely." Without sheathing his weapon, or waiting for a reply, the man left.

D. Rex D. Rex Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

As Dragon managed to grab hold of Guin and start to drag her from the bathroom, he turned primarily to come face to face with none other than Lord Eygon Vannath, the head of the family home. How long the man had been standing there was anyone's guess, his green eyes flecked with gold as he stared silently at the tabaxi. The tip of his rapier, still held in his hand, dug slightly into the wooden floor at his feet, leaning on the weapon and swaying as though with some imaginary wind. His eyes scanned Guin's frame, settling on the scar and staying there for several seconds. An ugly, harsh look marred his expression, which briefly moved back to Dragon. "I trust whoever did this has met their demise, or so shall you, cat."

Turning to walk away, he spoke once more before leaving. "Take the child from my home. She does not return until your task is complete- and until her scar is healed. I do not want her frightening any guests." Finally, he sheathed his rapier, and stepped out the door.

Last edited:

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

Nima was stopped on her tracks for a second, she wanted to break the man's fingers with her foot. His words definitely hit her though. Her hands now free, she slid her mace out of its strap and turned around, ready to smack it down onto his body and finish the job, but she knew better. She did know that a murder would surely set more terrible things in motion than what horribleness was already about to happen to her.

And that thought was confirmed by the voice of Tarina. As soon as the woman entered, Nima turned to face her with a very displeased look. The genasi had her chainmail over one arm and her mace in the other, holding it in a hand that was as bloody as the very obvious stab wound in her abdomen. "You take care of your own, huh?" she asked, not really sure what she meant anyway. Superficially, she just wished Tarina would have protected her and stepped in earlier. But the thought did cross her mind that she had basically just admitted to herself as being part of the guild now. She knew that in order to earn their protection, she would need to be one of them, and be an obedient lackey and pay her dues like the rest of them.

She didn't want that at all, but then again, she didn't want to be stabbed again either. She looked Tarina up and down a bit, then glanced down at the badly hurt man on the ground. "I could kill you with a few words and a snap of my fingers right now, you..." She looked like she was about to bring her heavy mace down on his helpless body, but she held back. Her face expressed more emotion than it had in years and her body was still shivering. She threw a vicious-sounding curse in Primordial at the elf's body, then turned back to Tarina in front of the doorway. "Let me through. I'm done with all of this." And she looked that way too, her eyes were red, a tear still rolled down her cheek, her hair fell very unflatterlingly over a side of her face, and she had blood all over her.
    Dethrix Dethrix BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
STR 16 (+3) DEX 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 19 (+4) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)
Tialaas stopped his prayer when he heard another voice. Very quickly he realized something: Alan had mentioned other Patrons. Which subsequently meant witnesses, though not for his actions. The woman that had been so concerned about secrecy and playing everything safe, had quite literally opened the door to her own mistakes. The irony of it all made him chuckle, despite the throbbing torment that had been wracking through his body. If anything, he took this as yet another sign from his god. A saving grace if nothing else, he wouldn’t die today. Though letting the spiteful Nima stand above him wasn’t necessarily playing into his cards either. Quickly he retracted his hand and moved to stand, while his legs wobbled from the effort.
Despite not being proficient in Primordial, he was well versed in a corrupted form of the dialect, that being Abyssal. He’d learned the language to better hunt down his prey, but at this moment he barked back an equally sundering response. The words, if you could call them that, themselves were harsh, but not because of what he’d said alone. The twisted nature of his speech was simply something unholy and dark, if used the wrong way it even had the capacity for mystical implications.
While I appreciate you rationalizing the prospect of not killing me-” Tialaas began, before he paused from another surge of pain that bombarded his system. Clearly, his speech was now directed to the woman who had saved him instead of Nima.
She’s quite right… She’s done.” The Blood Hunter finished, as he regained his composure. It seemed that he progressively was overcoming the shock of her magical blow, though the damage done to him was incredibly severe. It was life-threatening and unlike her, he wasn’t capable of just waving a hand and repairing himself. The archer was clearly a few hits from being incapacitated all together, yet a spark had been lit somewhere in his final moments.
After all, what would Pelor do if he knew just what you’d gotten into?” He goaded plainly. There was nothing special to this phrase, nor any emotion behind it. Tialaas delivered the rhetorical question with a deadpanned clarity, as he realized just how damning the information he now held was to her. Originally, when she’d kept talking about him “ruining her life,” he’d thought nothing of it. His intentions hadn’t been about getting back at her, she’d only been a waypoint to finding the true killer. But now, with every step down their slippery slope, she’d just continued to repeatedly show the worst in herself. Kal had been willing to look past it when his goals were elsewhere, even willing to keep anything she spilled a secret, so as not to involve her more than was necessary. But they were beyond that now, and he’d play what leverage he had in order to push forward. He’d given her the chance for revenge, now the scales were being weighted anew.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s
Tialaas stopped his prayer when he heard another voice. Very quickly he realized something: Alan had mentioned other Patrons. Which subsequently meant witnesses, though not for his actions. The woman that had been so concerned about secrecy and playing everything safe, had quite literally opened the door to her own mistakes. The irony of it all made him chuckle, despite the throbbing torment that had been wracking through his body. If anything, he took this as yet another sign from his god. A saving grace if nothing else, he wouldn’t die today. Though letting the spiteful Nima stand above him wasn’t necessarily playing into his cards either. Quickly he retracted his hand and moved to stand, while his legs wobbled from the effort.
Despite not being proficient in Primordial, he was well versed in a corrupted form of the dialect, that being Abyssal. He’d learned the language to better hunt down his prey, but at this moment he barked back an equally sundering response. The words, if you could call them that, themselves were harsh, but not because of what he’d said alone. The twisted nature of his speech was simply something unholy and dark, if used the wrong way it even had the capacity for mystical implications.
While I appreciate you rationalizing the prospect of not killing me-” Tialaas began, before he paused from another surge of pain that bombarded his system. Clearly, his speech was now directed to the woman who had saved him instead of Nima.
She’s quite right… She’s done.” The Blood Hunter finished, as he regained his composure. It seemed that he progressively was overcoming the shock of her magical blow, though the damage done to him was incredibly severe. It was life-threatening and unlike her, he wasn’t capable of just waving a hand and repairing himself. The archer was clearly a few hits from being incapacitated all together, yet a spark had been lit somewhere in his final moments.
After all, what would Pelor do if he knew just what you’d gotten into?” He goaded plainly. There was nothing special to this phrase, nor any emotion behind it. Tialaas delivered the rhetorical question with a deadpanned clarity, as he realized just how damning the information he now held was to her. Originally, when she’d kept talking about him “ruining her life,” he’d thought nothing of it. His intentions hadn’t been about getting back at her, she’d only been a waypoint to finding the true killer. But now, with every step down their slippery slope, she’d just continued to repeatedly show the worst in herself. Kal had been willing to look past it when his goals were elsewhere, even willing to keep anything she spilled a secret, so as not to involve her more than was necessary. But they were beyond that now, and he’d play what leverage he had in order to push forward. He’d given her the chance for revenge, now the scales were being weighted anew.

Last edited:

N i m a

Nima's eyes widened at the very moment she heard the name mentioned, and it was clear that this elf wasn't talking about the god. No, it was much worse. For a moment, she felt a rage building up inside her again, mostly born out of uncertainty of what this actually meant. Her hand reached out to just instinctively punch him, dropping the heavy chainmail to the floor and completely forgetting about the actual weapon in her other hand, but her blow fell weak before it hit him. She just ended up shoving him.

After being stabbed, faced with the moral implications of her work, and after realizing the fact that her reputation would be going down the drain, the emotions were just overwhelming her. Rage was so close to sorrow sometimes, and while her blood boiled, her expression was sad. More tears fell down her cheeks as she helplessly shook her head, her ears dropping down slightly again. "No... You won't involve him in this..." she mumbled with a sob. "Please, you can't..." She was feeling worried about him, but had no idea what kind of danger he was actually in. Maybe Pelor was being kidnapped or worse as they spoke.

She felt her life crumble. In just this past minute, her future as a smith was put in jeapordy, and she had come to realize that her love life was in potential danger as well. Feeling completely powerless, she just let her head hang and covered her face with her now empty hand. Crying in front of strangers, how classy. "Please don't make me say any more... I can't get involved any more..."
    Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf Fighter - Axe & Shield
HP: (24)
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Action Surge [ ] / Short Rest
Second wind [ ] / Short Rest

Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4
Handaxe 20/60, +6/+5 1d6+4
Leaning against the wall outside the tavern Hafdan finally got the last of the morning's sausage out from between his teeth. He had wondered at the vendor's use of the word "pig" to describe it instead of "pork." Now he thought he knew why as he flicked something distinctly not pork-like off the toothpick.

Putting the toothpick away he idly wondered when his last bath was.

Lioness075 Lioness075

Spending some time resting in your bath, you almost didn't realize when someone entered the room without knocking. Standing at the door, his head at least turned away to spare your dignity, stood a man in very fine lightly colored clothing. A quick glance at his almost alabaster skin made it clear that he was a moon elf, though as with all elves his face was nearly ageless and androgynously beautiful, framed by almost white hair that hung to about the middle of his back. Hanging at his waist was a finely crafted rapier with an extravagant gold crossguard. When his voice spoke, it took on an almost ethereal, otherworldly presence. "Have you wasted enough time in my bath as of yet?"

His tone carried a certain disdain as he drew his rapier, the low rasp of the metal against its leather scabbard filling the ensuing silence. For a moment, it might seem as though he were being aggressive, but rather he scooped up a towel with the blade's point, tossing it to the floor across the room next to the tub. "My daughter has collected enough stray animals for ten of your lifetimes. First, the cursed girl. Now, two cats, surely rife with mange." Similarly, he picked up Lara's clothes with the tip of his sword and tossed them next to the armor, still without looking in her general direction. The last word carried with it poorly hidden vitriol, an acidic bite cutting through his otherwise almost musical voice.

The blade's tip settled on her Flaming Fist badge, tapping on it rhythmically before sliding it from where it rested onto the floor, then knocking it across the room to the rest of her belongings. Still not looking at her, and weapon still drawn, he continued. "I go to check on my daughter. She is young; she has seen less than thirty winters. But a child. Ensure that she is safe in your task, and you will be rewarded handsomely." Without sheathing his weapon, or waiting for a reply, the man left.

D. Rex D. Rex Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

As Dragon managed to grab hold of Guin and start to drag her from the bathroom, he turned primarily to come face to face with none other than Lord Eygon Vannath, the head of the family home. How long the man had been standing there was anyone's guess, his green eyes flecked with gold as he stared silently at the tabaxi. The tip of his rapier, still held in his hand, dug slightly into the wooden floor at his feet, leaning on the weapon and swaying as though with some imaginary wind. His eyes scanned Guin's frame, settling on the scar and staying there for several seconds. An ugly, harsh look marred his expression, which briefly moved back to Dragon. "I trust whoever did this has met their demise, or so shall you, cat."

Turning to walk away, he spoke once more before leaving. "Take the child from my home. She does not return until your task is complete- and until her scar is healed. I do not want her frightening any guests." Finally, he sheathed his rapier, and stepped out the door.

Ripping her from the bathtub, he through the moon elf over his shoulder. Turning to leave he saw the Master. He wasn't too surprised, Vanaath had a tendency to do this. Thankfully. The master understood the situation.

"The culprit was beheaded within moments, Lord Vanaath." Fallen Dragon reported to the elder.

"And it will be as you say, my Lord." He said with a dryly dutiful tone. Dragon didn't usually take being threatened well. But atthe moment, this was what he was being paid to do. Lord Vanaath was his Ladies superior. Thus his own superior.

While stoically carrying Guin, Dragon would get directions to where Lara was. The bath. And sent the servant off to see that Inula was ready.

Lioness075 Lioness075
With much less courtesy than Lord Vanaath, Fallen Dragon barged into the bathroom. Not averting his eyes regardless of whether she was clothed or not. He was a disciplined monk, not a horny sailor. For her sake though, it she had better be clothed because Dragon wasn't waiting any longer.

"You. Come. Its time to get to work." He growled.

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

Tialaas’s blood ran cold at her last statement, as he believed that he had already pried all that he would need from her beforehand. Yet now, after threatening her love, she decided to give way on the fact that there was more to know? Kal had been willing to believe she intentionally didn’t involve herself with the shady underworkings of her clients, but how much could that really be true given what she’d said? He shook his head through the pain, and while he kept his stoicism with the exception of his haggard breathing, an air of disappointment could be felt. It was like punishing a child, only to learn that they’d done far worse than what you expected.
You involved him in this, don’t start crying just because you feel caught again.” He spoke through gritted teeth, as he struggled to keep his body from collapsing altogether. His last-minute ploy wouldn’t last long, and he needed to use his information to present an opportunity to regroup instead of giving her anger time to reignite. Whatever more she had to offer, he could squeeze out once the cards were back in his favor. The fact that he’d prayed for a merciful death only moments before was still fresh in his mind, reminding him of his mortality.
Go back to the Dwarf.” Tialaas decided as he moved to grip the doorframe they were standing around for support. Despite his wounded state, the Half-Elf continued to suppress the fatal pain that was coursing throughout him. Instead managing to stand tall, at least until give a safe moment to actually rest.

Tialaas’s blood ran cold at her last statement, as he believed that he had already pried all that he would need from her beforehand. Yet now, after threatening her love, she decided to give way on the fact that there was more to know? Kal had been willing to believe she intentionally didn’t involve herself with the shady underworkings of her clients, but how much could that really be true given what she’d said? He shook his head through the pain, and while he kept his stoicism with the exception of his haggard breathing, an air of disappointment could be felt. It was like punishing a child, only to learn that they’d done far worse than what you expected.
You involved him in this, don’t start crying just because you feel caught again.” He spoke through gritted teeth, as he struggled to keep his body from collapsing altogether. His last-minute ploy wouldn’t last long, and he needed to use his information to present an opportunity to regroup instead of giving her anger time to reignite. Whatever more she had to offer, he could squeeze out once the cards were back in his favor. The fact that he’d prayed for a merciful death only moments before was still fresh in his mind, reminding him of his mortality.
Go back to the Dwarf.” Tialaas decided as he moved to grip the doorframe they were standing around for support. Despite his wounded state, the Half-Elf continued to suppress the fatal pain that was coursing throughout him. Instead managing to stand tall, at least until give a safe moment to actually rest.

Dethrix Dethrix Ellya Ellya

Tarina's eyes cut back and forth between the two, though they did squint at Nima's snarky retort. "Yes," Her reply was deliberately measured and careful. "If it had pushed past him managing to break you, I would have stopped him. As it stood, I wanted to observe how you did." Keeping her eyes on Tialaas, she slowly sheathed her sword. "You did not do well, but I am reminded you are not one of us. We'll see that you're better protected going forward, aye? Don't want to become a liability, after all." Shifting her weight, there was a momentary flash of surprise at the mention of Pelor and Nima's reaction. Nima recognized it fairly easily. Tarina somehow had no idea Pelor existed before now. If she didn't, the Guild probably didn't either. She stepped between the two with a polite smite at the half-elf. "Right, well... you've had your fun. Nima is under Guild protection. We are willing to forgive this slight against our organization, so long as you are willing to drop this. Otherwise..." It probably wasn't necessary for her to finish.​

Last edited:

N i m a

Nima kneeled down and slowly picked up her armor again. She listened to both other people in the room, and the more she heard, the more desperate she felt. Her regular life really was over. The mere mention of Pelor in front of a Guild member was something that would definitely have consequences. Not only that, but Tarina herself just said they'd be protecting her. Which meant she would be in their pocket.

"I don't need your protection" she dryly said as she dropped her mace back in its strap. "Didn't do me a whole lot of good today, did it?" When Nima glanced at Tarina again, she frowned a bit. "Look. None of this changes anything. My business wil continue as usual. I do not get involved. Everything I just told this man was a lie for the sake of stalling."

She was lying. And it was almost pathetically obvious. The panicky breaths and the shaky tone of her voice betrayed it most of all, but it just wasn't a very believable lie either. Nima had never been threatened before, let alone stabbed for information, so it would have been strange if she did manage to think of a strategic lie. Nevertheless, she gave one final glance at the elf before turning around and walking away.

dr xenon dr xenon
    The genasi made her way back outside the tavern to meet Hafdan. She walked out the door with a very stern look, red eyes, her hair in even worse shape than her clothes, which were blood-stained near her abdomen. Without a word, she walked up to where she stood before, beside the dwarf, and slowly started putting her armor back on, staining the chainmail slightly with her bloody hand.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    Deception: a god damn 3
    Other actions

none

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

Looking up at the approaching cleric Hafdan pursed his lips in a silent whistle. It was almost lost inside his bristly beard, but somehow managed to find its way to the surface. His equally bristly brows bunched together in an disapproving scowl.

"So," he began, "Are we going to be explaining how you killed the prickly little bugger, or am I going to be explaining how I killed him if he comes out of there?"

He pulls his battleaxe from his belt with practiced ease, turns and spits.

"Same paperwork either way."

Ellya Ellya

N i m a

Nima was still in the process of putting her armor back on when Hafdan spoke to her. At least the dwarf seemed somewhat protective of his companions in this mission, and especially right now, she valued that very much. "I didn't kill him..." she answered, the words feeling strange to herself as she said them. She did want the man dead, and she wasn't sure why she and Tarina didn't just finish the job.

"He... He has the same goal as us, just... very different methods... And he's investigating some murder..." she mostly tried convince herself of reasons to let the man live. "But Tarina knows now... If the Guild rules that the man should die, I hope they take it slow..."
    dr xenon dr xenon

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

Tialaas watched both women warily, his self-preservation now in overdrive to compensate for his declining health. Even the shove that had been thrown his way earlier, had nearly knocked him off his feet. But ultimately not much had changed in this short encounter, as Nima left the upper floor of the Tavern the same way he had dragged her up, bound in fickle lies. For once, he didn’t say anything to her as she abandoned the establishment. Quite honestly there wasn’t much left to say. The exchange between the two guildmembers keyed him into more than he was willing to admit. Their mutual connection wasn’t one that put them on equal terms, that much was clear. And furthermore, he noticed Nima’s hesitancy to further involve herself more than she had too. Tialaas wasn’t sure if that was of her own terms, or a result of the repercussions she’d endured at his hands only a short while ago. Perhaps it had something to do with the newcomer’s reaction to the name he mentioned, the shock she expressed at its weight. Kal had revealed it to gain an upper hand, not knowing who his momentary savior was. Now he feared that he’d armed the woman with extortionary information. Possibly even terminating the advantage he held if The Guild operated on it in a way he wouldn’t.
Regardless, the Half-Elf took a moment to simply seat himself in the chair that had once blocked the door. A relief to his legs, which were still throbbing with pain. He then stared out at the Human before him and nodded without another word. Tialaas wasn’t sure how well her threat stood, given Nima’s rejection of her aid. But it wasn’t a button he needed to push at the moment, as the ties they held clearly put them on the same side of the coin. Whereas he could be found on the opposite.
I would like to hear the Elfsong.” He requested simply as he sagged into his seat and turned to gaze at the ceiling of the Tavern. If nothing else, perhaps he could hear the new song the spirit had come up with.

Tialaas watched both women warily, his self-preservation now in overdrive to compensate for his declining health. Even the shove that had been thrown his way earlier, had nearly knocked him off his feet. But ultimately not much had changed in this short encounter, as Nima left the upper floor of the Tavern the same way he had dragged her up, bound in fickle lies. For once, he didn’t say anything to her as she abandoned the establishment. Quite honestly there wasn’t much left to say. The exchange between the two guildmembers keyed him into more than he was willing to admit. Their mutual connection wasn’t one that put them on equal terms, that much was clear. And furthermore, he noticed Nima’s hesitancy to further involve herself more than she had too. Tialaas wasn’t sure if that was of her own terms, or a result of the repercussions she’d endured at his hands only a short while ago. Perhaps it had something to do with the newcomer’s reaction to the name he mentioned, the shock she expressed at its weight. Kal had revealed it to gain an upper hand, not knowing who his momentary savior was. Now he feared that he’d armed the woman with extortionary information. Possibly even terminating the advantage he held if The Guild operated on it in a way he wouldn’t.
Regardless, the Half-Elf took a moment to simply seat himself in the chair that had once blocked the door. A relief to his legs, which were still throbbing with pain. He then stared out at the Human before him and nodded without another word. Tialaas wasn’t sure how well her threat stood, given Nima’s rejection of her aid. But it wasn’t a button he needed to push at the moment, as the ties they held clearly put them on the same side of the coin. Whereas he could be found on the opposite.
I would like to hear the Elfsong.” He requested simply as he sagged into his seat and turned to gaze at the ceiling of the Tavern. If nothing else, perhaps he could hear the new song the spirit had come up with.

Ellya Ellya

Tarina blinked at Nima quietly, then shrugged. "Alright, fine. If that's what you want, the Guild won't protect you anymore. We'll take our business elsewhere." It was pretty plain that she didn't really buy what Nima was selling. Still, there wasn't any super noticeable malice in her face, or her tone. As the Genasi walked away, she shot Tialaas one last look before leaving the establishment herself.

Dethrix Dethrix Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

When Tialaas sat down and made his request to empty air, several moments of heavy silence hung in the otherwise largely empty upstairs dining room. It took a few seconds, but eventually a chill ran down his spine, and he almost heard what sounded like a woman breathing next to his ear. It wasn't aggressive, or hostile- it was almost as though something had passed through him. Several more moments of silence passed before a woman's voice filled the tavern, as it had many times before. What smattering of conversation filled the building immediately faded as the song started, seemingly without source. As usual, it didn't matter where someone was in the tavern (Grond and Axtis could hear it just as well as Tialaas), though its Elvish lyrics made it impossible to understand for anyone not fluent in the otherwordly tongue.

For Tialaas, however, and perhaps others, the meaning was quite clear.

O sing a song of Elturel
Of water, woods, and hill
The sun dawns on her ruddy cliffs
And fields green and still.
This land of long-abiding joy
Home of the strong and brave
Renowned by all, across the realms,
And never once a slave.

O sing a song of Elturel
When foes are at her door
Her fields torn by cloven feet
From some infernal shore.
Arise the mighty Hellriders
Take up your swift, keen swords
Then charge into the hellish fray
And scatter devil hordes.

O sing a song of Elturel
And when the night does fall
Sleep safe beneath Companion’s light
Until the dawn does call.
We’re bound by mortal covenant
That only ends with death
And so we’ll sing of Elturel
Until our final breath.

The spirit's voice, haunting, melancholy, echoing around the building, faded once more, and conversation uneasily resumed amongst Elfsong's patrons.​

As she listens to the music, Axtis orders a drink as she waits for the rest of the Fist to arrive.

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Tialaas feared at first that perhaps the spirit wouldn’t heed his request, but the bone-chilling sensation that momentarily cooled the burning pain within him served to alleviate his concerns. She had heard his appeal and answered with a definitively different song than what he was so accustomed to hearing. This one spoke of the now disappeared city of Elturel and the history that came with it, of which he was unfamiliar. Though it didn’t take a genius to feel the foreboding message hidden within the details of the song, there was something important to the nature of the tale. The fact that even Alan had seemed baffled by such a change in addition to the circumstances that were now shaking Baldur’s Gate, confirmed the significance for him.
Thank you.” He spoke quietly in elvish before reciting the song in hushed tones to himself. Despite not having the information he needed to comprehend the true meaning behind the story, Tialaas did all that was within his power to commit it to memory. Then, feeling minorly rejuvenated by the spiritual presence that inhabited the Tavern, he stood and made his way down to the main floor. His movements were slow and labored, but consistent nonetheless.
Kal made his way to a nearby patron known as Rahima Sajiressa, a proficient Astrologer and Acolyte of Savras. More importantly, an avid gambler that he needed a favor from.
Baldur’s Bones, winner reaps any favor requested.” Tialaas proposed as he scanned the surrounding area for potential animosity. He wasn’t sure where Nima had gone, nor the Human Guildswoman, but he didn’t want to be subject to any plots they’d left to spring on him.

Tialaas feared at first that perhaps the spirit wouldn’t heed his request, but the bone-chilling sensation that momentarily cooled the burning pain within him served to alleviate his concerns. She had heard his appeal and answered with a definitively different song than what he was so accustomed to hearing. This one spoke of the now disappeared city of Elturel and the history that came with it, of which he was unfamiliar. Though it didn’t take a genius to feel the foreboding message hidden within the details of the song, there was something important to the nature of the tale. The fact that even Alan had seemed baffled by such a change in addition to the circumstances that were now shaking Baldur’s Gate, confirmed the significance for him.
Thank you.” He spoke quietly in elvish before reciting the song in hushed tones to himself. Despite not having the information he needed to comprehend the true meaning behind the story, Tialaas did all that was within his power to commit it to memory. Then, feeling minorly rejuvenated by the spiritual presence that inhabited the Tavern, he stood and made his way down to the main floor. His movements were slow and labored, but consistent nonetheless.
Kal made his way to a nearby patron known as Rahima Sajiressa, a proficient Astrologer and Acolyte of Savras. More importantly, an avid gambler that he needed a favor from.
Baldur’s Bones, winner reaps any favor requested.” Tialaas proposed as he scanned the surrounding area for potential animosity. He wasn’t sure where Nima had gone, nor the Human Guildswoman, but he didn’t want to be subject to any plots they’d left to spring on him.

Dethrix Dethrix

Rahima looked up from her meal, a brief flash of recognition crossing her eyes, though momentarily hesitation clouded that enthusiasm. Tialaas knew her well enough to know gambling was a weakness for the woman, so even with the somewhat tactless way the question was framed, it seemed to work. "Alright, fine, but you better be ready to pay up when I beat your ass!" In true gambling addict style, she pulled her already on hand set of Baldur's Bones dice from her belongings and set about, frankly, trouncing Tialaas in that first game. "Well, that's one favor for me. Wanna go again?"

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Tialaas nodded and watched her response carefully. He didn’t want to be indebted beyond three favors, as such could get one into trouble easily after that point. And truthfully, he only needed one for now.
I’m good for it Saj.” He replied as he feigned a degree of enthusiasm. She was renowned for her skill in the game, and her faith in fate likely had something to do with it. So when he lost, even despite employing a few tricks, Tialaas wasn’t too surprised. That was one favor to her, but he wasn’t willing to give up just yet.
Another two rounds?” Kal propositioned in response as he scooped up his dice and began to rattle them in his grasp.

Tialaas nodded and watched her response carefully. He didn’t want to be indebted beyond three favors, as such could get one into trouble easily after that point. And truthfully, he only needed one for now.
I’m good for it Saj.” He replied as he feigned a degree of enthusiasm. She was renowned for her skill in the game, and her faith in fate likely had something to do with it. So when he lost, even despite employing a few tricks, Tialaas wasn’t too surprised. That was one favor to her, but he wasn’t willing to give up just yet.
Another two rounds?” Kal propositioned in response as he scooped up his dice and began to rattle them in his grasp.

Guinevere continued covering her face with hands, not baring to make eye contact with her family. She tried to stifle her cries, completely surrendering herself to Dragon's grip now. Her body visibly hung more limply in his arms after Lord Vannath addressed them.
Her father had spoken and she knew better than to disobey.
She said nothing as they passed, eventually letting her arms and head fall too as they made their way through the grounds.

Guin pressed her face against Dragon's back, trying to avoid looking at anyone.
She was completely silent, a peculiar thing considering it was Guinevere Vannath in question.
If Dragon put her down she'd be liable to lay lifelessly where she landed.

D. Rex D. Rex BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 2 Dogfolk Bard

It had not been a pleasant night. I rubbed my eyes, and spat out the bits of fur that were stuck in my mouth as a result. Half-open eyes left me with a lingering hazy view, gaze shifting gradually side to side on the room. The servants had yet to come wake us up, the reason for which became evident as I pushed myself out of the bed and towards the windows, opening the curtains to reveal a dawning Sun still rising on the horizon. It was not daybreak, but hardly far from it either. I reached into my bags and picked up one of my books. Reading some before heading to sleep always helped me relax, though with everything that happened I couldn't really relax. Even now, as I walked from side to side in the room without being able to find an angle in which the light would let me sit with enough visibility to read, the traces of fur on my back felt raised and cold, and faint headache persisted just at the thought of what might happen today. How could I explain myself? How would Lady Vannath react when she saw me again today, what would she do? I kept shifting around with the book, eyes narrowing in a strained attempt to focus in on the writing and just sink my mind into it without having to face my surroundings, right up until the moment when I bumped into a wall and barely managed to catch my glasses before they fell to the ground.

I bagged the book again. Going back to sleep didn't particularly seem to be an option, at any rate. I highly doubted the servants would be up for drawing a bath either. I peeked out of the room once I had gotten dressed, and left for some fresh air and room to think. The more I thought about things, the taller the walls seemed, yet the closer too, as though they were some kind of bizarre maw. I squealed inward as I almost bumped into one of the nightshift guards, but they were nice enough to give me directions to the outside so I wouldn't be lost... again.

I found myself shivering to the morning breeze, and pulling on my pelts to better wrap myself with them as though they were meant to be a blanket. The gaze of some of the guards stationed outside followed me as I wondered through the trees in the state's immediate surroundings and sat near of them with my own gaze fixed on the sky. I wouldn't blame them though, they probably weren't looking at me due to being suspicious or anything, nor resentful, but after my actions the day before perhaps it would have been better if were resentful: At least that way I wouldn't feel this need to escape, this impulse to run off somewhere where I wouldn't be abusing their kindness and hospitality. From one of my sacks, I once again pulled out my calligrapher's supplies, that enchanted gadget producing my paper. As much paper as I could possibly need, even fit for me to write spells into. But then again, they were also limited by how much magic I was myself able to pour out...

"We're going to have to deal with that cult of the dead tree today... will my spells really be that useful I wonder? I mean, yesterday I was so useless, time after time. Everyone else could have handled it by themselves." My gaze shifted away, downwards. "No, they could have handled the whole matter far better without me and my stupid interventions. They know how to do this. But hey, maybe they'll find some way even I can be useful!"

Yeah, that's it! I just had to follow their lead and everything would be alright! Like yesterday, it went just like Fallen Dragon said- we were welcomed into the house without issue, and I did notice some lottery straws from the servants seemingly pertaining to who would draw the bath for and help wake up the tabaxi I helped yesterday. They were some nice servants, all so eager to help even a stranger who simply aided their lady that would even compete through lottery for the chance to help her bathe. That reminded, me, hadn't they mentioned a dungeon yesterday? If that was the case, then surely Lady Vannath wouldn't have those wonderful servants around much longer, would she? Poor Lady Vannath! If only there was any-

"Wait, isn't there that spell? The one that Rose girl always used uhm, uh, what was it again..." I rubbed my temples, trying to push out the answer as though squeezing an orange for its juice. I recalled it made some kind of ghost or something, always doing small tasks for her... and she could even use it with a ritual of some kind! So convenient, but what did she call it? Unclean, no Unseen Servant? I think it was mentioned in class a couple of times, oh why did I have to be distracted back then? I couldn't recall the full ritual. Well, I guess I could just fill in the gaps with a nice little story as per usual. I began the process of scribbling down a few attempts in arcane script, often scrapping it because the writing didn't feel right for it, until I found myself yawning.

I found myself bobbing a little side to side, but it only took one look back to spot the window closest to Guin's room, sending another chill up my spine. I was tired, but my mind refused to let me rest! And the light still wasn't enough to read my books...

"What if I just make up the story?" I realized. It certainly couldn't hurt to try to come up with something that could help me relax and rest better. I wasn't really in a state to come up with anything that grand, so perhaps I could start simple with a little derivative work? Maybe one of papa's old stories. "Little Gil's mother came into the house one day, looking mighty surprised. 'What is the problem, dear mother?' inquired little Gil, 'I just saw a carriage with four legs.', responded the mother. Little Gil scoffed. 'Carriages have wheels, not legs. How silly, dear mother.' 'Well, this one moved on four legs, I saw them myself, four large legs without any feet, stretched and sharp like the legs of a vile spider.'..."

Slowly, gradually, my eyes began to close, a warm feeling washing over me, almost nostalgic, and eventually I dropped to the ground, sleeping amongst the grass and the many scribbled sheets of paper.

........................................................................................................................................................................

I shot up as my ears raised to a screech from within the mansion. One could have sworn a wraith had taken it over, had I not recognized the voice that was the source: lady Vannath herself.

At first I simply froze, my body felt cold as ice, and as such fully awake despite only a few moments passing since I left that wonderful place where the worries of reality are of no concern.

What happened? Why did she scream?

Was it something I did?

Would she be angry to see me?

Would she even accept seeing me?

Ever again?

Maybe I shouldn't go. Maybe I should just stay. Or if I went somewhere, then in the opposite direction to wherever she was at.

But what if she was in danger? Suddenly, I felt breathless for an entirely different reason.

"LADY VANNATH!" I screamed myself, almost slipping on the papers I left laying around as I attempted to rush to the doors. The guards appeared as confused as I was, if not more, but upon seeing me running towards the door in massive reckless stries and with that kind of expression, they stood in the way and placed their arms in front, pushing back my abdomen, then gripping my arms back to prevent me from going past. "Let me go! I need to go see Lady Vannath, what if she-"

"Calm down you, calm down!" One of the guards interrupted. He was clearly not having any of it. Even though I kept flailing and escape their grasp, even though I was in such a hurry to go see if she needed my help, it only made their grip grow stronger, and their eyebrows frown deeper. "You aren't moving an inch from here until you calm down. And until we're sure you're not going to cause some kind of mess on top of whatever is going on inside."

"What if she needs my help?!" I glared at them.

"Then she has help better than whatever you could provide her already inside. She is a patriar."

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 15/15
    Hit Dice: 2d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 10
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Mending

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]
*Unseen Servant [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
146 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk) (currently with a small reduction in size)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +1
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +4
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +4
Animal Handling: 0
Arcana: +5
Athletics: +1
Deception: +7
History: +4
Insight: 0
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +4
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +4
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +4
Survival: 0

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Song of Rest: Beginning at 2nd level, you can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance spend one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points at the end of the short rest, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.

Interacting With: N/A

Mentions: Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide D. Rex D. Rex Lioness075 Lioness075

Might Also Want To Read: N/A

Hafdan charsheet
Passives:

Nima was still in the process of putting her armor back on when Hafdan spoke to her. At least the dwarf seemed somewhat protective of his companions in this mission, and especially right now, she valued that very much. "I didn't kill him..." she answered, the words feeling strange to herself as she said them. She did want the man dead, and she wasn't sure why she and Tarina didn't just finish the job.

"He... He has the same goal as us, just... very different methods... And he's investigating some murder..." she mostly tried convince herself of reasons to let the man live. "But Tarina knows now... If the Guild rules that the man should die, I hope they take it slow..."

"Hrmph," Hafdon snorted. Still not putting his axe away. "Fine then - no paperwork. Just as well - hate the stuff. Nothing left for us then, but the waiting."

N i m a

Nima nodded, wincing once again at the mere thought of the dagger that was in her body just a minute ago. The irony of it being a dagger of her own still wasn't lost on her, and it would have made her chuckle if it didn't just cause a bunch of internal bleeding. "Yes... We wait..." She sniffed, just about halfway through getting her armor on. It was a specially designed piece of chainmail that perfectly fit her specifically, but it was a bitch to don and doff.

Her mind lingered on Pelor for a while though. Wondering if he was actually just at home right now or if he'd decided to just run off behind her back again. And what was going to happen now that the Guild knew of his name, and how important it was to her? The more the adrenaline left her body, the more Nima came to realize that she was in a very, very tight spot here. When Tarina walked out of the tavern as well, Nima quickly called out to her, while fastening one of her shoulder straps.

"Tarina. I'm not a very good liar, but that was all I could think to do to throw him off. I... I didn't know what to do. My business will not change." She gave a meaningful look at the woman, her gaze as unwavering as the one her clientele would see. "I don't belong to the Guild, nor the Flaming Fist, nor anyone. But I'll never ask, and I'll never tell so easily again."

Whatever the Guild woman's response was, Nima would follow it up with saying "And Pelor?" quickly, her tone just a tinge more emotional than her 'business voice'. "... Please forget his name." The Genasi had the slightest hint of a worried look on her face, and grew a soft hint of purple in the cheeks when noticing that Hafdan was still right there. She turned her head and slowly said. "... You forget it too."
    dr xenon dr xenon

Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Dethrix Dethrix

Yet again, Rahima grinned victoriously as her dice's face came to rest- hers at 21, his at 20. "You sure you wanna keep this up? Gonna probably start just asking you for money, mate."

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon

Tarina, in turn, seemed to study Nima's face as the woman spoke. Initially, she had an almost hostile look about her- petulant, even. Petty. As the genasi continued, though, the expression fell slightly back into her more relaxed, even cocky expression. It was clear she was hitting the right notes; maybe the woman just wanted to believe her. Still, she shifted her weight slightly uneasily at first, before a wide, cocksure grin broke the worry lines on her face. "Alright, alright. You've got gumption, lass, I'll give you that; fine. I can respect the desire to keep to yourself, even if it's disappointing." The swashbuckler winked before continuing, leaning against the doorframe. A more serious look crossed her face shortly, though. "But seriously, be careful, lass. Not everyone is as forgiving as we are."

As to the name, she seemed to consider it for a moment, before just shrugging. "Forget I heard whose name? Don't know anyone mean enough to name their kid after a god like that, I don't. Take care now." The woman was in general fairly difficult to read, but at least in this instance, there didn't seem to be any malice or hidden intent in her words. With that, she walked down the street, and shortly vanished into an alley.​

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 5/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Tialaas shrugged, apparently his luck simply wasn’t in the dice tonight. He’d have to look into acquiring a Charlatan’s Die at some point if he were to ever attempt this ploy again, seeing as he couldn’t roll to save his life.
Bah.” He muttered before rummaging through his numerous pockets for a few gold pieces. The Half-Elf slid all ten onto the table towards her, foregoing the game for a simple transaction.
I was hoping to keep my coin, but I suppose fate had other plans. I just need a bit of healing before I head out for the day, hopefully that’ll cover it.” Tialaas explained simply, though he knew some practitioners had higher rates than others. Thus why he’d tried his hand at regaining his health through ulterior means.
Not including, the two favors I owe you of course.” He added for the purpose of reassurance, after all he had proposed those terms originally. Kal wasn’t the kind of individual to abandon a deal, even if it didn’t go his way.

Tialaas shrugged, apparently his luck simply wasn’t in the dice tonight. He’d have to look into acquiring a Charlatan’s Die at some point if he were to ever attempt this ploy again, seeing as he couldn’t roll to save his life.
Bah.” He muttered before rummaging through his numerous pockets for a few gold pieces. The Half-Elf slid all ten onto the table towards her, foregoing the game for a simple transaction.
I was hoping to keep my coin, but I suppose fate had other plans. I just need a bit of healing before I head out for the day, hopefully that’ll cover it.” Tialaas explained simply, though he knew some practitioners had higher rates than others. Thus why he’d tried his hand at regaining his health through ulterior means.
Not including, the two favors I owe you of course.” He added for the purpose of reassurance, after all he had proposed those terms originally. Kal wasn’t the kind of individual to abandon a deal, even if it didn’t go his way.

Dethrix Dethrix

The cleric's eyebrows went up slightly. "And you were just trying to get my services for free? Cheeky." Gladly, she reached up and scooped the coins over, which shortly disappeared into her belongings. Placing a hand on the half-elf, a small flash of light emanated from her palm as Tialaas's wound began to supernaturally close over ((Cure wounds, 9 HP)). "That certainly don't look like a blade wound, though. What did you go and do to get shot with magic like that?" The wound itself had mostly healed, but had left a sort of searing burn.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back