• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sylbella took notice of the song, finding both alluring and mysterious. "Is this a common occurrence within this establishment?" She asked Tarina, trusting to woman to probably know more about the usual clientèle.

"I would very much prefer if we avoided any confrontation within these walls." They were already on thin ice with Tarina, she did not want to ruin their relationship with Alan completely by doing exactly what he told them not to.

"Perhaps we should meet them outside. Are there any other entrances to this tavern?" She asked, looking at Tarina.

Gill heard the music, and stayed very still and quiet as he listened. Though he could see nothing, he felt touched by the words that were spoken by that ethereal voice. It reminded him of the stories he would tune from the Coliseum with lute in hand, maybe he would show his companions how he could play the lute some time...

The words sung would play back in Gill's mind, while he commented about the current plan to get a drop on the pirates.

"I will stand outside the main entrance, and await for any that look like those descriptions. I would especially keep an eye out for one with an eyepatch. If anyone would like to accompany me, I would be honored. I would like to make Miss Tarina happier than she is right now.. Though it was my fault in the first place.."​

Gill nodded his head low, before excusing himself to wait outside. He would position himself where it would be best to observe would-be customers of the Elfsong Tavern. The front door was open to any-but not to those Pirates today.

Sasha looks to Gill and says with a grin, "I'll go with you, if only to help keep you out of trouble. Lets go." She hopes that the rest of the party will end up joining them; facing off against eight bandits doesn't sound like fun for the two of them.

Axtis pulls her shield off of her back and places it on her arm, but doesn't pull out her mace just yet. "We will stand together here. After all, we are all comrades in arms, are we not?" She sincerely hopes that her own healing powers will not be needed, but realistically knows that it will most likely will be that she will have to cure someone in the fight to come.

"I would just like to register that I'm uncomfortable with having to commit murder in the course of getting information for a job I started, uh, eight? Hours ago, I think? That said, I won't stand by and let everyone else get hurt," Shemlech adds.

"If we can do it outside, and out of the way, that would be best though."

Tarina shrugged at Sylbella's question, spinning one of her dice on the table.
"Yeah, the lass comes by every day to sing a song. This one is different though, dunno why. Didn't really care. It's a dead girl, what does she know really? If you wanna know more I guess speak to Alan. He owns the place after all."
With that she seems to notice a group that have come in, and set up at a table across the way.
"Well whatever you decide to do, I'm gonna get some coin out of these losers. Hey! Gus! Let me join in." She was away before any of the party could respond, as it seems another game of Baldur's Bones was being set up by the group.

It was quiet outside as the party stepped out. The cool air of the late autumn afternoon. Clouds on the horizon indicated it could rain in the near future. A couple of people bustled to and fro, but as busy as the tavern was starting to get on the inside, on the outside things were fairly calm and ordinary.

Sylbella made a mental note to inquire Alan about the apparently dead singing girl but right now they had a job to do. The fact she wanted to talk with the bartender about her only made it more adamant in her own mind that they do not cause a mess inside the tavern, the last thing she wanted was to rob herself of what was most likely an exciting story.

Once outside while they waited, Sylbella faced the rest of the party. "When and if they appear, please let me try to talk with them." She only wanted to fight if there was no other choice. "If they are after Tarina because of money, I believe we can handle this situation without killing anyone." She paused for just a moment. "If you are concerned that not killing them might not work in our favour, Tarina stated, and I quote, 'You deal with them, then I help you'. Those were the words of the verbal agreement we agreed to. As I see it, 'deal with them' can very well be interpreted as simply getting them to agree to leave her alone."

It was a dangerous grey area but if they all resorted to violence at the slightest office, like Captain Zodge seemed to want them to do, the world would be nothing but corpses. "However, this is merely my suggestion. If you do not agree with it and do not want to risk obtaining the information, I understand and we will pursue another avenue."

Shemlech nods vigorously. "I would much prefer that, yes. If you think you can persuade them, or scare them off, then I am fully behind that plan. And also you. I shall stand fully behind you, with my big axe, and try to help you convince them that we should not be messed with."

Axtis shrugs, not liking the idea of letting these robbers go, but also not liking the thought of arbitrarily wiping them out, even if they have the right to do so as members of the city watch. "It will be as Ilmater wills it, and we shall overcome one way or another."

Gill nodded in agreement with the others, it seems like his initial plan was still a possibility throughout his group. He was glad Sylbella was so smart.

"No matter the outcome I shall stand at your side. Always." Gill stomped the butt of his spear into the ground twice.
Either to fight and die protecting these beautiful souls or to convince the enemies to leave well enough alone, Gill would never abandon their side. His convinction never allowed such a thought to come to mind.

Sasha looks over at Sky, looking dubious. "I think that giving them a chance like that is a mistake, but I won't stop you from trying. We might have a better chance to pull this off if we hit them first instead of giving them a chance to attack us first. Just a thought. Take it for what it's worth."

"I understand your sentiment, but if we resort to violence whenever it suits us we will end up making more enemies than friends." Sylbella voiced out calmly, taking the valued input. She wasn't so delusional to think that talking would always solve their troubles. However, if money was really the only motivation in this particular situation, then there was a good chance they might work another angle other than fighting straight away.

"If you want to conserve some element of surprise to our approach, may I suggest that some of you hide nearby?" It was a combination of everyone's wishes. "This way, if we cannot convince them, we will still have leverage on our side. Shemlech and Gill have verbally offered to stand with me. Would you two, Sasha and Axtis..." Sylbella paused, hoping she had gotten everyone's name right. "... be alright with hiding nearby? Maybe in a position that, if the situation goes south, we will have them surrounded?"

Axtis nods, saying, "I am good with that idea. We can find an out of the way place to hole up, and if things go south on us, we can jump out and take action. Hopefully it won't be needed, but as I said before, it will be as Ilmater wills it."

Sasha shrugs. "Sure. I can do that. Like Axtis says, we can always hope it goes well, but if it doesn't, we will be ready to respond."

"Let us commence our plan, then." Gill said with a determined look on his face. There would be no getting past him, not even an inch. Sylbella asked of Gill to stick by her side with Shemlech, he turned to her and nodded. "Thank you Sky, for letting us talk to them first. I am hoping for an agreement to be made, but either way...My weapons are ready." He stood alert, and stuck close to Sylbella on her left side.

The street outside the tavern stayed quiet for another half an hour or so, before the mid-day rush started to come. People bustling too and fro, a number of people entering the tavern and many paying no mind to the group of Flaming Fists that stood outside.
It took about an hour, before a group of six motley humans can be seen sauntering up the street, jeering and talking with each other. Those others who stayed in the street avoided them, and attempted to move out of their way as they approached the tavern.

The leader was a brawny man with a cloudy right eye, a cruel sneer and a pirate's swagger. The others seem to be an unsavoury, rowdy bunch who act as if they own the place.
Like many others who have entered the tavern, the leader seems to ignore the group of Flaming Fists, and going to push through the front door of the establishment.

Last edited:
"Dead-Eye, I imagine?" Sylbella voiced out before the party of eight made it too close to the door she was currently standing near. The Genasi's entire posture was elegant, as was her voice, alluring even.

"We were told you and your men would be coming to this here establishment. I am Sky. We are with the Flaming Fists. May we have a word? I assure you, what the three of us..."

She motioned for the two next to her, Gill and Shemlech, playing into the plan they had agreed to.

"... have to share with you is in your best interest."

Sasha does her best to pay attention while appearing to be idle and bored. No need to tip their hands before it is time, is there?

Shemlech stands silently, drawn up to his full height, and attempting to look imposing and fierce. He's aware that his physique lends itself to this quite handily; but that the effect is often ruined when he talks, so he keeps his mouth firmly shut.

(Mechanically: Intending to Help Sky and give her Advantage on her Persuasion / Intimidation roll, if any)

Axtis tries to relax, but is having a hard time doing so as she watches Sky, Shemlech and Gill approach the bandit leader. She murmurs a quick prayer to Ilmater, asking for his guidance in this. Once done, she glances over at Sasha, asking, "So, do you think that there is a chance that Sky can pull this off?"

Sasha looks over at the cleric, saying, "I would have to say that there is always a chance, but the odds are not in her favor. It is simply a wait and see time for us now."

Gill realized that his attention had been drawn, Sky motioned over to him as she spoke to the group. This band of misfits must have been the very ones Tarina spoke about. Exhaling through his nose, he stood beside Sky with Shemlech on the opposite side, acting his part as her "muscle". He would imitate what Shemlech had done as well, to pose himself as more imposing. He would stay silent for this matter; he had learned earlier that speaking out of term could land him and others in trouble lest he had thought it over beforehand.

When Sky spoke, the leader turned to look at her. Stinking of alcohol and tobacco smoke, he stood an imposing height himself. Arms and face littered with scars, with one pale eye and one good one.

"Aye that'd be me. What do the Fists want around these parts?" He took the chance to spit what looked to be a brown glob of something to the ground just by Sky's feet, and sized up to her a bit more. The other seven that had followed him flanked either side of their leader, trying to be as imposing as Gill and Shemlech were. Also in this tense stand off with the party.

If the smell of Dead-Eye bothered Sylbella, it didn't show in her expression as she continued to look at the leader and the party behind him with the same calm and elegant look. She followed the spat glob, staring at it for a few seconds as it landed inches away from her heeled boot. She soon raised her head to look Dead-Eye in the eyes, or rather, eye...

"From what we have gathered so far, the same as you." The Genasi woman let out, her voice echoing still as her hair danced around her. "We have come to know you and your men are after a woman by the name of Tarina. As fate would have it, Tarina is under the protection of the Flaming Fists under Captain Zodge's direct words. Any assault upon her is an assault on our own." She paused, staring Dead-Eye straight into his one good eye.

She glanced her eyes across the men behind Dead-Eye, trying to determine how they each felt as a result of her words. She doubted a group like this would want to go up against the Flaming Fists because of a few coins stolen by Tarina.

"I am afraid those are the cards we have all been dealt. As such, I advise you and your men to drop the matter and leave."

The leader looked over Sylbella, before giving a snort.
"Guess we're enemies of the Fist then. Not that you lot can do much good anyway. She owes us money, and we aint leaving until she gives us the money. You want this to be a fight, then so be it lass."
The other humans that made up the motley crew squared off, each of them showing malice towards Sylbella, not seeming to wish to back down on this matter.

Any people that were around, or were going to step in or out of the tavern have quickly made their retreat, making the outside street mostly empty, apart from one or two onlookers who are glancing safely from windows dotted around the buildings.

"Suprised the rat has such allies on her side. You willing to die for her aye? The grin stayed on his face as he reached for a weapon, ready to engage in more than just polite conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back