• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (DnD 5E)

Awww, all the hooved peeps are banned then.
That sucks.
Idk what I wanna play then. Seems all the cool, novel races are cool and novel because they're not allowed.

Kenku might be neat maybe

To be fair, unless there is literally one person of each class, there is inevitably going to be repetition. We’re close to if not already at 10 players if we count all the invited as participating.
Right! I wasn’t saying they can’t still do a rogue. Some people just don’t enjoy repeating a class personally and so I wanted to point it out in case they missed that. ^^

How do I know which of the different races are allowed or not? D&d beyond still can't dumb it down enough for me to really understand much without asking.
The following are probably allowed:

Common Races
• Dragonborn
• Dwarf
• Elf
• Gnome
• Half-Elf
• Half-Orc
• Halfling
• Human
• Tiefling

Monster Races
• Bugbear
• Goblin
• Grung
• Hobgoblin
• Kobold
• Lizardfolk
• Yuan-Ti Pureblood

Exotic Races
• Aarakocra
• Aasimar
• Firbolg
• Genasi
• Goliath
• Kenku
• Tabaxi
• Tortle
• Triton

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Not sure if this would sway your decision at all, but I am using a Tabaxi rogue for this. I replied last night with that decision. Just wanted to point that out in case you wouldn’t want to have two rogues on the team.
Thanks for mentioning that to me, but I don't mind the overlap. There should be enough room for a pair of rogues on the team.

Some little birdie pointed out this game to me. If there is room, how about a Dragonborn fighter?

Haha

For my part, I think I'll make a reskinned half-elf bard. I'm thinking my character will be pretty naive and truly in denial about the state of Baldur's Gate, possibly a former noble who kept getting swindled until they even made a deal with either a devil or a fey which cursed them. As a bard they are less the singing type, and instead are a storyteller/poet.

Neat! I have a musical sort in another rp

I think I kno what I might do. I just need to figure out the difference between dragonborn and lizardfolk
Lizardfolk: Emotionless hyper-rational beings that worship dragons and typically live in marshes. Reptiles, but got no dragon in them.

Dragonborn: Psuedo-part-dragon beings mainly known for their magical breath attack.

Bird rogue sounds cool x)

Giant magic sounds kinda self balancing(?)

Lizard fighter sounds like it synergizes

Dragon Conan knows what is best in life
And it is good

Woof, passed out and a lot happened! I’ll get the signup and dndbeyond up shortly. Thank you all so much for your interest!

I've decided to go with the tiefling rogue. Hey D. Rex D. Rex ! Do you think we should tag Sherwood for this for another player?

fantastic!

Ooh. This seems interesting. Also, is the max cap for thia roleplay 5? If so, id like to join ^^

Normally in-person dnd my max is 6, but play by post seems easier to manage so the max I’m allowing is ten.

I'm not normally one for level 1 campaigns (gonna be playing a bard if I'm in), but this time I have an idea really calling out to me, so I want in! Question though, is unearthed arcana, after GM revision of course, permissable?

Let me know what UA specifically and I’ll take a look!

Can I play a satyr or minotaur?
Centaur maybe...(?)

Idea is correct that those are MTG races.

Psychie Psychie Not sure if this would sway your decision at all, but I am using a Tabaxi rogue for this. I replied last night with that decision. Just wanted to point that out in case you wouldn’t want to have two rogues on the team.

Two rogues may do you well! You never know. There are only 14 classes after all including Artificer and Blood Hunter so it’s hard not to overlap a little.
Awww, all the hooved peeps are banned then.
That sucks.
Idk what I wanna play then. Seems all the cool, novel races are cool and novel because they're not allowed.

Kenku might be neat maybe

Kenku would be fun
The following are probably allowed:

Common Races
• Dragonborn
• Dwarf
• Elf
• Gnome
• Half-Elf
• Half-Orc
• Halfling
• Human
• Tiefling

Monster Races
• Bugbear
• Goblin
• Grung
• Hobgoblin
• Kobold
• Lizardfolk
• Yuan-Ti Pureblood

Exotic Races
• Aarakocra
• Aasimar
• Firbolg
• Genasi
• Goliath
• Kenku
• Tabaxi
• Tortle
• Triton

This is correct.

Some little birdie pointed out this game to me. If there is room, how about a Dragonborn fighter?

Unless I’ve counted wrong, there’s still plenty of room!

As stated, once I get this kiddo off me I’ll put that signup and post it here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back