• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (DnD 5e) [Closed]

Your what? (I'm not particularly familiar with the features of this site as compared to, say, rpgcrossing)
If you go to the homepage of the site, there's a section called My Private Workshop, it's basically just a place to make threads only you can see, for drafting or testing things

Also I'm happy to help fill out party roles, is there anything specific we're missing? I'd rather not play a Rogue or Cleric, as I'm playing them in other campaigns currently, but anything else is fair game.

I'm thinking that I'm going to go with cleirc.

The following is the rough selection of everyone who has commented so far:

Wandering Owl - Unsure
PatriasLover - Bard
Chowlett - Barbarian, Monk, Wizard or Sorcerer
MrBrown - Warlock
Sherwood - Cleric
Psychie - Monk

However, this is subject to change.

I'll probably take something like Fighter, Paladin or Artificer then, since we're pretty spellcaster-heavy right now.

I figure Monk's out for me - doubling up classes works fine, but is best if the variants play differently, which feels hard with Monk.

Maybe leaning Barbarian, but perhaps taking decent Int and playing it a bit Jekyll-and-Hyde?

I'll probably take something like Fighter, Paladin or Artificer then, since we're pretty spellcaster-heavy right now.
Personally, I really like paladin. It was a toss-up for me between that and cleric.

Jekyll-and-Hyde?
comrade. i love this idea. i actualy was concidering on playing a charictar with some kind of flip flop like the dude, but i found a different idea for my bard. (smart dude, yall think he's a wizard, and then RAGE) I hope you chose this idea!

If you go to the homepage of the site, there's a section called My Private Workshop, it's basically just a place to make threads only you can see, for drafting or testing things
Ooh, handy.

Does anyone happen to have a template for making a character sheet post? I think I'm settling on a Gold Dragonborn Barbarian (possibly leaning to Path of the Storm Herald at 3rd, from XGtE, but not decided yet)

I have a character typed out that I can PM you and you can then edit it to fit your own character if you'd like.

Nonialba Nonialba are we allowed to use the Optional "Racial Abilities" rule from Tasha's, and put our ability increases where we'd like them? I rather like the idea of a halberd-wielding, split-personality raging well-read Dragonborn, but it'd massively help if I could put that +1 Charisma into Intelligence instead.

Interested in this, if you are still accepting of course.
Sorry, I am up to six now. Thank you for your interest though.
Ah man, late to the party again I see.
One day I swear!
If anyone drops out, I would like to ask for a spot!
Ah yes, sorry about that. Next time perhaps :)
Nonialba Nonialba are we allowed to use the Optional "Racial Abilities" rule from Tasha's, and put our ability increases where we'd like them? I rather like the idea of a halberd-wielding, split-personality raging well-read Dragonborn, but it'd massively help if I could put that +1 Charisma into Intelligence instead.
Yes, that is fine.

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl PatriasLover PatriasLover Chowlett Chowlett MrBrown MrBrown Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Hello. When you all have a moment can you send me your character sheets. We are starting at level 1, and you can use 27 point buy, standard array, or rolling. If you roll, you roll 4d6 and drop the lowest.
All official sources are accepted, from Players Handbook all the way to the new Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse. I would appreciate a backstory for your character to be sent to me. The more information I have to work with, the more I can fit your characters backstories into the campaign.

We are looking to start campaign by July 4th/5th, but that depends on how much time I have to prepare when I return from holiday.
I am an experienced dungeon master, with two 7 year long campaigns I am still running. I do not tolerate murder hobos or characters who are not willing to work with one another. I encourage team work, and out of character discussions. No evil characters are accepted.

If you have any further questions, please post them here, or PM me. I expect us all to be reasonable and have a good time. :)

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl PatriasLover PatriasLover Chowlett Chowlett MrBrown MrBrown Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Hello. When you all have a moment can you send me your character sheets. We are starting at level 1, and you can use 27 point buy, standard array, or rolling. If you roll, you roll 4d6 and drop the lowest.
All official sources are accepted, from Players Handbook all the way to the new Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse. I would appreciate a backstory for your character to be sent to me. The more information I have to work with, the more I can fit your characters backstories into the campaign.

We are looking to start campaign by July 4th/5th, but that depends on how much time I have to prepare when I return from holiday.
I am an experienced dungeon master, with two 7 year long campaigns I am still running. I do not tolerate murder hobos or characters who are not willing to work with one another. I encourage team work, and out of character discussions. No evil characters are accepted.

If you have any further questions, please post them here, or PM me. I expect us all to be reasonable and have a good time. :)
I'll get started on that! Just a couple of questions.
  • Can we go lower than 8 with point buy (even if there's no point bonus)? If there is a bonus for going lower, what's the scale?
  • If we choose to roll the 4d6dl1, is there a particular website you'd like us to use? Should we roll here on this thread?

I'll get started on that! Just a couple of questions.
  • Can we go lower than 8 with point buy (even if there's no point bonus)? If there is a bonus for going lower, what's the scale?
  • If we choose to roll the 4d6dl1, is there a particular website you'd like us to use? Should we roll here on this thread?
You can't go lower than 8 with point buy usually. I may allow it if a good reason comes up however.

If you could all roll here if you're not using pointbuy that would be fantastic so I can see what everyone has.

Is this still on? Been working on my character sheet (slower than I'd like, but I'm nearly done), but wanted to check in since there's not been much activity here for a while.

Is this still on? Been working on my character sheet (slower than I'd like, but I'm nearly done), but wanted to check in since there's not been much activity here for a while.
Nonialba Nonialba said that he was planning on starting the game in July, so I hope so.

Hi, thank you Sherwood yes. I am away on holiday right now. So there will be a post created on the 4th July which I will link here. I did mention this earlier :)

Hi, thank you Sherwood yes. I am away on holiday right now. So there will be a post created on the 4th July which I will link here. I did mention this earlier :)
Cool cool, just making sure! I'll send you my sheet shortly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back