• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (DnD 5e) [Closed]

Nonialba

An archivist documenting all things
dbn8x-01-01.png

Baldur's Gate
Hello one and all, and welcome to the *cough* magnificent city of Baldur's Gate.
Each of you find yourselves trapped behind the city's walls after the gates are sealed to keep out hundres of refugees from the neighbouring land of Elturgard. However, the gates can't hold back news that Elturgard's capital has fallen, and that the Grand Duke Ulder Ravenguard of Baldur's Gate is missing - lost on a diplomatic mission to Elturel.

Each of you have been drafted by the Flaming Fist, the army of mercenaries tasked with protecting Baldur's Gate. You have been ordered to help maintain the peace by rooting out and destroying follows of Bane, Bhall, and Myrkul - evil gods collectively known as the dead three.

I am looking for 4-6 players over form to take part in this adventure. This post is to gain interest and to see who may want to play in this campaign.

My name is Anon, and I've been a GM for 7 years. While I've never engaged in form D&D I am excited to try it out. My replies will depend on the amount of people, and I will give time for everyone to interact and roleplay with each other.

Rules:
  1. You must be dedicated to play. There will be a period of 3 days before you will be removed due to lack of responses. If there is a reason, please PM me. You don't need to go into detail, but I would like to know.
  2. You can be new or experienced. I would just ask, no meta-gaming. Also, we are playing a group RPG, so please try to create characters that are going to interact with each other, don't create solo characters, as we have a lovely one x one thread if you want that interaction.
  3. Respect other peoples characters, no killing, flirting, harrassing or anything someone elses character without explicit in writing permission from that character. I am 100% on the side of the person who has not consented and will kick you out of this game.
  4. No homebrew, please refer to the official material for character creation. Pointbuy or standard array is fine as well. We will be starting at level 1.

When you say "Offical Material", is that just the PHB, or does it include things like Tashas, Xanathar's Guide, etc?

When you say "Offical Material", is that just the PHB, or does it include things like Tashas, Xanathar's Guide, etc?
Good question. I allow all official material, so yes, Tasha's and Xanathar's are great :) We'd need to talk about UA material, as it depends on the class and I'm hesitant as it may be broken. If we do decide on UA material it would be with the agreement that both GM and player agree if it's too powerful, we'll switch it out :)

Good question. I allow all official material, so yes, Tasha's and Xanathar's are great :) We'd need to talk about UA material, as it depends on the class and I'm hesitant as it may be broken. If we do decide on UA material it would be with the agreement that both GM and player agree if it's too powerful, we'll switch it out :)
Sounds good! Count me down as potentially interested!

Tentative hand

I currently DM for two groups and could go being a player for a while. Can I assume that "being on holiday" is a reasonable reason to be absent for more than 3 days? We are approaching summer, after all.

aye, that is true. i leave tomorow on a trip and will not be on much if at all till the twentyeth.

Tentative hand

I currently DM for two groups and could go being a player for a while. Can I assume that "being on holiday" is a reasonable reason to be absent for more than 3 days? We are approaching summer, after all.
Yes! Of course. As long as you give me a reason I'm perfectly happy with it. It's really just don't go ghosting me for more than 3 days without being like 'hey Anon, I'm off on holiday, I'll be back (whenever). Just to give me a reasonable expectation to work around you. It's fine. I will be on holiday from the 18th to the 1st, so this campaign won't be starting right away anyway. Honestly you don't even need to tell me why, just the 'Hey Anon I'm going to be out for 3 weeks' I'm cool. As long as I know :)

aye, that is true. i leave tomorow on a trip and will not be on much if at all till the twentyeth.
I completely understand. Not to worry. This is more of a 'are people interested if I run Baldur's Gate' more than a. We're definitely running within the next couple of days :)

Hello. I'm interested in joining.

Edit: Forgot to ask this. I assume we are using a 27 budget Point Buy (if choosing that option instead of the standard array)? Also, do you mind if I PM you a few character ideas I've had in order to figure out which one would best fit the game?

Hello. I'm interested in joining.

Edit: Forgot to ask this. I assume we are using a 27 budget Point Buy (if choosing that option instead of the standard array)? Also, do you mind if I PM you a few character ideas I've had in order to figure out which one would best fit the game?
Yes, it is 27 point buy. You can send me all the character ideas you want, that is perfectly alright :)

I would love to get into a DnD game that doesn't die out. Are you allowing the variant human race for the Feat starting out?

I am looking at either a paladin or cleric. Just need to decide which one to use.

I am thinking of a bard.
I played a bard through most of Phandelver a while back. Pretty fun

I'm undecided. I often tend towards casters; but on the other hand I overcorrect to often play non-casters 🤣

Potentially Barbarian, Monk, Wizard (or Sorc?). Eldritch Knight might be interesting, don't know how far Descent takes characters.

Basically, I'm pretty cool with whatever, and likely happy to pick last.

Good ideas so far. I am happy for you all to discuss amongst yourselves what you would like to play to make a coherent party. I'm fine with most things as long as they're not intentionally evil (so don't screw over your party, I don't care, this is a group RPG. And don't be a murder hobo, that's not fun for me to run and I'm a player too at the end of the day.) and you are willing to work together in a group. But as long as it's from official source material I'm pretty flexible :)

I've been dabbling with an idea for a Warlock so if everyone is cool with it, I'd like to play as one.

So far, interest wise we have:

Wandering Owl
PatriasLover
Chowlett
MrBrown
Sherwood
Psychie

To make you all aware, this session will be looking to start probably on the 4th July due to me being overseas from the 18th to the 1st. This gives you enough time to flesh out characters and send me any backstory ideas. The more backstory you have, the more I can intergrate it in the campaign.

So far, interest wise we have:

Wandering Owl
PatriasLover
Chowlett
MrBrown
Sherwood
Psychie

To make you all aware, this session will be looking to start probably on the 4th July due to me being overseas from the 18th to the 1st. This gives you enough time to flesh out characters and send me any backstory ideas. The more backstory you have, the more I can intergrate it in the campaign.
Do you have a template you'd like people to fill out in regards to their character's backstory, connections, etc?

Do you have a template you'd like people to fill out in regards to their character's backstory, connections, etc?
Nothing really. As long as they have information about your character and are clear to understand, I am fine with it. We are based within the Forgotten Realms, and there is a lot of lore and information regarding that setting. So please use that to your hearts content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back