• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Balance of This World - Interest Check [CLOSED]

Dawnsx

Majestic Dinosaur

• intro

She is a Witch

yuki kajiura

overview.

The roleplay is not meant to be historically or religiously accurate in any sense. Expect liberal usage of religion terminology.

The Treaty of Wesland

Heads hanging on city walls.

The pungent odor of charred flesh.

Skinned bodies laying in shallow graves.

There was no limit to the inhumane methods with which witches were murdered in centuries past. Ever fearful of the unknown, humans turned to religion for salvation, using God and justice as a front for their cruelty. Countless innocents, witches and humans alike, lost their lives to such ignorance and bigotry.

By the 18th century, witches were facing the threat of extinction. Both to preserve their population, and to alleviate the fear that plagued the people’s hearts, Pope Antonio Shellwood and Grand Witch Violet came together in 1735 to sign the Treaty of Wesland. Under the new agreement, witches were placed under the jurisdiction of the Holy See. All witches must be documented, and their location and activity closely monitored. Humans were thenceforth forbidden from hunting witches who oblige by the terms of the treaty.

Present Day

By 2024, witches residing in the island country of Wesland are expected to form a partnership with a supervising priest. As the name suggests, these priests monitor their assigned witches throughout the day, documenting their behaviors, usage of magic, and even just mundane tidbits of their lives.

Despite the general public becoming more tolerant throughout the years, witches are still often considered the harbingers of catastrophe. Supernatural occurrences, whether they’d be mysterious disappearances, inexplicable deaths, or eerie noises in the night, are thought to be the handiwork of rogue witches– those who have chosen to segregate themselves from the Holy See. To prevent the resurgence of witch hunts, partnerships of witches and their supervising priests are dispatched to investigate supernatural matters. Should a rogue witch be captured and found guilty through trial, their punishment can range from imprisonment to execution, depending on the severity of their crimes.

Not all rogue witches harbor ill-intent though. Many simply wish to live without the supposed shackles of the treaty. They may hide their identity to live away from prying eyes, or they may choose to discreetly use their magic as entertainment or services to the common people to earn their living. Depending on the reigning pope, treatment toward such rogue witches varies. The Holy See may turn a blind eye so long as they do not step out of line, or they may be captured as soon as their identities are revealed.

As the 300th anniversary of the treaty signing draws near, Wesland is seeing a surge in magic-related crimes, and along with it comes the rise of illegal witch hunts. As tension once again brews between humans and witches, the uneasy peace brought about by the Treaty of Wesland threatens to unravel…

intro

clans

rules

be mine

or you will
burn

genre

supernatural, modern

gm

Dawnsx

status

closed: 7/7

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
A quick question for flavor purposes. Do familiars have to be in the stomach/womb? I was just imagining a witch with a funny hat that holds their familiar, or a witch with a more grisly, horror theme having an eye patch and when they lift the eye patch their familiar crawls out of the socket.

I haven't come up with a solid idea yet, so I don't care if the answer is yes or no, I was just wondering, for brain storming purposes.

A quick question for flavor purposes. Do familiars have to be in the stomach/womb? I was just imagining a witch with a funny hat that holds their familiar, or a witch with a more grisly, horror theme having an eye patch and when they lift the eye patch their familiar crawls out of the socket.

I haven't come up with a solid idea yet, so I don't care if the answer is yes or no, I was just wondering, for brain storming purposes.
I really love those ideas but unfortunately I will have to limit it to being in the stomach/womb, sorry ;;

I can still see your ideas being used for witchcraft though! Excited to see what you come up with regardless.

Oooo, if it's not too late I'd love to join this rp! Are there any other roles available?

The deadline for character sheets is on 8/28. Anyone interested in the priest role is welcomed to join before then ✨

I am very much interested in the priest role!
However, if the slots do happen to be full, I'll be completely happy to step back out of this one. It's just so frickin amazing, and the idea amazes me! =D

Do you have any need for a witch that lives outside of the treaty?

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest! All the roles have been filled up, but I will reach out to those interested if any slots open in the future 💖

Users who are viewing this thread

Back