• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Badge ideas, event ideas, and more!

AliceNWeb

Creative Endeavoring
Mainly... I was wondering if there are any badges for getting a certain amount of posts or likes or something like that?

If not... I'd like to ask if this could be possible.

Essentially I was thinking that RPNation could have a standard set of badges for its regular members. Then obviously the badges for people who donate.

Something like... how achievement systems work.

"Get 100 hearts from community members" - <3
"Get 1000 hearts from community members" -gold-heart.png
"Participate in your first discussion!" - welcome.png
"Participate in your first roleplay!" -first-roleplay.png

stuff like that.

I really enjoy doing digital art so I'd be willing to make some badges if that's at all an issue!

I'm also thinking of other badges for special events that the staff could hold, like a scavenger hunt for example!

Basically the scavenger hunt would take place every day over the course of seven days. Each day a staff member drops a word or phrase hidden somewhere in a post and if you find all the clues you get a special badge to commemorate the event!

Idk... I was mildly inspired, thought I'd share

I'd rather not have badges or achievements for set numbers of likes, as that can create unfair competitions and possible resentment (same line of thinking is why we only have positive ratings, no negative ones).

As for participation... there is something in the works along those lines already, I believe, as part of a major update coming Soon(tm).

Scavenger hunt is an interesting idea! ^D^

I'd rather not have badges or achievements for set numbers of likes, as that can create unfair competitions and possible resentment (same line of thinking is why we only have positive ratings, no negative ones).

As for participation... there is something in the works along those lines already, I believe, as part of a major update coming Soon(tm).

Scavenger hunt is an interesting idea! ^D^
Oh I see! That sounds like a lot of fun, do you need any help with badges by chance? I'm now familiar with the 27x22 pixel size for site emotes, unfamiliar with the badge size though. <3

I believe it's 19x29? That doesn't sound quite right but it is very tiny. Though that too will be changing in the update.

Could you submit a helper application so Staff can discuss it that way?

I believe it's 19x29? That doesn't sound quite right but it is very tiny. Though that too will be changing in the update.

I would be happy too, give me just a moment!

Sorry to double post, I just realized I haven't done much in the way of helping the community so I think I'll work on that for a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back