• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern BADAZZ [Recruitment Thread (Anime Fighter RP) - Always Accepting!]

S
Created at
Index progress
Complete

A story similar to an arcade fighter. If you like anime fighter genres, character development, and the chaos that you typically get from anime, then this game is for you. While I am very open to accepting a multitude of character archetypes, it is the player’s personality that will overall determine if they are approved or not. Please come to this game with a desire to respect others, contribute to the story, interact with others, demonstrate patience, and join if you are dedicated. Majority of this game’s OOC is in a discord chat. Players with completed and approved CSes will automatically be PMed a link to the discord by the GM. Come have some fun!

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
lorimer-no-2.stencil.png

An Anime Fighter Roleplay

swera-demo.bold.png

DBMLxxQ.jpg
rpPf3yR.jpg
Story

This role play takes place in an anime world where martial arts grants average humans super powers. In this world, both the government and the school systems have dojos and academies for their soldiers and students. The city where this story takes place is called Andromeda. In Andromeda, it is believed that the most powerful martial arts school exists in the government’s hands. Every day, the government funds their research and science department with the hopes of creating the strongest and most powerful soldiers the world has ever seen. However, there exists other schools run by the rich. The rich alone are a self-proclaimed “noble” class where only the strongest are permitted into their social circles. They call their organization Noblesse and with their money, they too, have been able to create some of the toughest fighters the world has ever seen. Many fall blind to greed and the desire for power. There are low-class and poor who spend their lives saving their money, hoping to get into one of these schools for there are many underground throughout Andromeda and not all of them are as clean.

The underground, in this story, are the illegal dojos and academies operating in secret. At times, Noblesse knows about them and will recruit and even sponsor fighters from these illegal arenas. A fighter sponsored by Noblesse has a better chance of getting out of the ghetto and having a better life (so it is believed). These underground schools, however, have their obstacles. Many schools are ran by criminals who only wish to recruit for their gangs. These schools will have the poor carrying out tasks that can end in three ways if one was to fail: death, apprehension, or penny-less. It is a dog-eat-dog world and gangs will milk a person dry for whatever reason they desire. They take over neighborhoods and the police will do nothing for various reasons. Two of the reasons being: 1) they at least know where the gang is holed up and can keep an eye on them, and 2) they don’t have the fighter power to stop them.

In this world, if you’re not Noblesse or employed by the government, then you are a victim to those who have the money and power to lord it over you. Even people who aren’t normally criminals, but can afford enrollment at one of the top dojos, can easily become a villain purely out of ego. But there’s hope. The underground has a very negative reputation that creates a stereotype, which masks those schools who teach in honesty.

There is a legend about a man by the name of Koizumi Akashiro. He was once upon a time the strongest fighter in the world. Every year, at the Andromeda Ultimate Fighter Championship (AUFC), Akashiro would compete, and historically, he has won for thirteen years straight. Noblesse, the government, and even the people grew tired of Akashiro winning despite him having a fan base of over a million. One day, a gang by the name of The Black Kings, started a firefight in a neighborhood. Akashiro ran to the neighborhood’s aid when Andromeda City Police (ACP) were pinned down. Akashiro took down many of the gang members until a child was caught in the crossfire. In order to save the child, Akashiro jumped into harms way and a bullet struck him in the back. The ACP were able to clear out the gang, and they found Akashiro unable to move. He was rushed to the hospital and the doctor deemed him paralyzed from the waist down. In that instant, Akashiro’s fame instantly died. Many of his fans believe it was a set up by either Noblesse or the government. Akashiro is now an old man who is visited and cared for by his niece (Niece role taken). Back in the day, fighters traveled across the world to become his students, but gradually they all abandoned him seeking employment in the government and fame in the underground. Only those truly insistent on learning Akashiro’s secrets approach him. For now, he runs a restaurant named after himself "Akashiro's," where he serves various cuisine. And this, my friends, is where our story starts.

Nomenclature
Andromeda – main setting of the game and the name of the city.
Noblesse – an organization of the richest and strongest martial artists in the world.
The Underground – a term to mean those dojos and academies that operate illegally in secret.
Andromeda City Police (ACP) – the city’s police force.
Koizumi Akashiro – a living legend who was once the strongest fighter in the world.
Andromeda Ultimate Fighter Championship (AUFC) – an annual world tournament hosted in the city.

Setting

Andromeda is mostly modern with slightly futuristic qualities mostly seen in its automobiles and street cycles. The currency in the game are on plastic cards called credits. The metropolis uses mostly green technology from nuclear to solar panels. A.I. can be found doing basic service jobs such as serving customers at a restaurant or directing traffic. Weaponry is still of a modern-level, however, the weapon models are entirely fictional. You can have a character of any ethnicity in Andromeda because regardless, they are going to be called an Andromedan. This is an anime-style game so expect anime-style shenanigans.

Character Creation

Please post all character sheets in the recruitment thread (and @mention me), or if you are shy, you can PM them to the GM directly for review. Do NOT post your CS in the Character Thread if you have not been told to do so by the GM.

I am curious to see what kind of characters you guys come up with. There is no limitation on what kind of a story you want to give your fighter. Koizumi in this game is a character we can gather around for he was once upon a time an undefeated champion. This means that he can give your characters what they need to be the best without any money being involved. It’s convincing the old codger to teach you that is going to be difficult, but it will make for an interesting story. Koizumi is going to be my GM character. See the character sheet below.

Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] What is your character's name? You can add a nickname here too.
[b]Alias:[/b] Do they have an alias? This is not a nickname.
[b]Age:[/b] Self-explanatory.
[b]Gender:[/b] Self-explanatory.
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b] This is an anime story so whatever color.
[b]Eye Color:[/b] This is an anime story so whatever color.
[b]Complexion:[/b] Skin color.
[b]Build:[/b] Fat, lanky, athletic, solid, etc.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Student, Cop, Unemployed, Deliveryboy/girl, Gang member, etc.

[b]Visual Appearance:[/b] Anime pics only please. Keep your pics scaled down.
[b]Written Appearance:[/b] In this you describe your character's overall appearance to include extra details not seen in the picture you are using. Scars, tattoos, piercings, headbands and other accessories, etc.

[b]Personality:[/b] Summarize how they are like.

[b]Current Story:[/b] What has happened so far in their life and what are they doing now?

[b]Weapon(s):[/b] (Optional) Do they normally use a weapon in their martial arts? Warning: If your character is walking around with an assault rifle or bazooka as a weapon, this may not go well with the police so please be smart.

[b]Aura:[/b] What color is your character's Fighting Spirit? The energy they radiate that isn't seen by the average human (non-martial artist).

[b]Fighting Style:[/b] Summarize how your character fights. Automatically, those who study a martial art are superhuman. You do not have to list one martial art. You are also free to create your own fictional martial art. Get creative.

[b]Techniques[/b]

You are allowed up to five techniques. These are fighting sequences of movement, energy attacks, whatever "bad azz" move you want to give your fighter. Try not to go too out of your character's theme, otherwise, it may look weird. Your character will have an opportunity to learn new techniques by completing GM events. Technique slots are awarded at the conclusion of each GM event only for those involved and participating in the event.

Feel free to ask questions or even drop a completed CS in the RECRUITMENT thread for review!

Character Name: Shin Suzume
Alias: "Sparrow"
Height: 5'11
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Slightly Tanned
Build: Thin, yet toned

Visual Appearance:
dc320c1f86d97b59e93df5809a47fd9f.jpg
Written Appearance: Shin has a slight stubble, as puberty hit extremely early for him. He also likes to wear a grey zip up hoodie underneath his jacket when it's cold or raining.

Personality: Shin is often chastised for being "too talkative," which is quite true. He loves to talk. A lot. Like, waaay too much. He got kicked out of his martial arts school for a reason (that and he hated being there, but I'll get into that.) He's a generally good natured person, who loves a good fight, a good meal, and spending time with his girlfriend, Ai. He has a cocky, almost nonchalant demeanor, always willing to let bygones be bygones. This does get him in trouble, as he's often too forgiving. Even though he is easygoing, he can often be cynical at the same time, having no faith in the government or many other things, really. He just wants to be happy, and make the world a little bit better off than how he left it.

Current Story: Shin was born to a upper-middle class family in Andromeda, his parents wanting him to become a martial artist at a young age. Even if he was forced into it, Shin soon found enjoyment in it, though not from his teachers. He hated the souless devotion to simply teaching the students, and not caring about if they actually learned it. His small frame didn't help either, and he often failed his tests due to losing. But soon, he started to learn on his own. He once saw a man beat an opponent twice his size in just a few seconds, and Shin began to watch how he fought. Instead if beating his opponents via brute force, he'd exploit their weaknesses, and beat them in sheer skill. So, he began to win, again and again. But then he was flunked for not using the techniques he was supposed to learn. Furious, he left the school, striking out on his own. He got a job at a ramen place to support himself, and after much searching, finally found the man, the myth, the legend: Koizumi Akashiro, one of Shin's idols. Shin's been one of his protege's ever since, not caring if the man was crippled beyond belief. He just wanted to learn. During this, he started dating a local girl named Ai, and they soon moved in together, sharing a tiny little apartment near his work.

Weapon(s): None.

Aura: Bluish-White

Fighting Style: Shin utilizes a custom style that mixes several Japanese martial arts, primarily Judo, Kyokushin Karate, and Aikido. He prefers to let his opponent make mistakes, before punishing those mistakes using his Judo or Karate. He uses Aikdio primarily for defense, and to fall back on when he launches a counter-offensive.

Techniques:
Crouching Sparrow: Shin bends over, using the leverage of his arm on the ground to launch a high kicking to his opponents jaw, knocking them upwards.

Downward Earth Strike: When his opponent is in the air, Shin does a flying axe kick, launching them down to the ground.

Soaring Sparrow: Shin mixes the two techniques mentioned into a combo.

Osoto Gari: Shin places his foot behind the opponent's, grabbing their face or collar, and then in one motion, sweeps their leg and uses the leverage to slam them into the ground.

(More to come)

Looks good. A nice and straightforward story. He's accepted. I know you'll add a fifth technique later. People who don't know the fifth one right off the bat normally do. :grinningteeth:

Well, this is a on-going game so it's at the point where it's not a "need." It's more like are you interested in joining the current story and what kind of character would you enjoy playing? I do not like when people try to pick an archetype to fill. I would prefer they just play a character they want to play because then that ensures they'll continue on in the RP long-term. WeaselThor WeaselThor

Well my good sir, i wouldnt have took the trouble to find my image, post it here, ask you, and begin character creation if i didnt intend on joining. It took me a while to find an rp that interested me and yours took the cake. After scrolling through the lore and the existing characters i saw a lack of a big guy character, and i love playing such characters so alas here i am.

In short im in it for the long haul. The Black Knight The Black Knight

Yo The Black Knight The Black Knight , is the game still going? It seemed really full and kinda unwieldy a while back and I thought it'd dropped off but I still see it get posts here and there, which is some dedication given the average game's lifespan. If you're still going I'll drop a character soonish.

All right; so with my most recent GM post. We are now starting the Underground Tournament Arc. For those who have shown interest and would like to get involved in the game, now would be the best time to join. You will be joining at the start of a fresh arc and what better a time to introduce new fighters into the tournament. So if you are interested, then please drop your character sheet HERE in the recruitment thread. When I get a chance, I'll look it over and give you a verdict. I do not care about archetypes. I want you to play what you would play long-term. So do not ask me what archetypes this game needs.

Character Name:
Kyou Nijimichi

Alias:
Captain McGuffin

Height:
6'0

Weight:
150 lbs.

Hair Color:
Orange

Eye Color:
Rainbow

Complexion:
Fair

Build:
Athletic

Manga Artist

Visual Appearance:
39087b698f8e4538d5629faa99c1cc58.jpg

Written Appearance:
No one knows what his face like underneath his mask. Some say he may be handsome or ugly. Aside from that, there is nothing much else significant about him aside from a few scratch marks from the fights he has unintentionaly or intentionaly been.

Personality:
For most of the time he is a quiet fellow who preferred a life out of trouble. Well-mannered, good-valued, and friendly are his main traits. He acts as your regular everyman making a living out of drawing manga. If he ever needs to find inspiration, his everyman status changes into a weird freak that creeps many people. When it comes to fights, he would usually run away, but if it persists and the pressure gets to him, his fighting spirit awakens which turns him into a ruthless opponent to face.

Not only he becomes ruthless, but he also becomes smart and can quickly think of the many ways that he can counter his opponent. This also applies when he needs inspiration, only being fueled by desperation. Kyou may perhaps be the goofiest but brutal fighter one should be aware of. He is the Captain McGuffin, one who pursues something for his work, and that is inspiration.

Current Story:
Kyou grew up in the Seifu District in a middle-class family with his father being a very well-known manga artist. His works inspires Kyou to become just like him and at a young age, he started drawing and reading tons of manga. At the age of 16, Kyou drew his first manga entitled "Rainbow Kid Adventures". The publishers liked it and they put it up one their compilation magazine, but the public finds no interest in it. Kyou drew another manga named "Rich Road" and was put up again in the compilation magazine. Again, the public finds no interest.

Kyou considered giving up, but with a lot of encouragement from his friends and family, he continues to draw until any of his works finds interest from the public. That is when his life started to shift when his house was broken in by a couple of burglars. They held his parents hostage and Kyou was too afraid to do something. His fear, however, begins to build up something that would empower him to fight back. His fighting spirit awakens and Kyou brutally beats down the burglars until they run away. His parents were shocked, but they were glad to be safe.

That day has given Kyou an inspiration for his manga and as well as the motivation to become better with himself. He transferred and graduated to one of Seifu's best fighting schools (though fighting isn't pretty much a thing for him and was a dead-last student back then), went on to work for his new manga, publish it, and finally, the public has shown a lot of interest in his work, which allowed him to have it serialized. This manga that he is so proud and is still ongoing up to this day is called..."BADAZZ".

Weapon(s):
Kyou has a standard Swiss army knife that he rarely uses in combat, but rather as a tool for assisting him in tricking his enemies.

Aura:
Monochrome (black and white)

Fighting Style:
Whenever he gets serious, Kyou fights with a mixture of street fighting, mixed martial arts, and assassination arts. Pair that with the many "inspirations" he gets for his manga and you are facing probably the most difficult fighter ever. His style revolves versatility and utility, as seen in his techniques.

Techniques
Zettai Bougyo: Kaiten Kabe (絶対防御:回転壁)/Absolute Defense: Rotating Wall-
By applying ki into his hands and spins them around in a fast and smooth circular motion, this technique provides a great shield against the strongest of projectiles, be it bullets, energy spheres, or even consecutive rapid fire fists.

Keiryou Tengoku Sanpo (軽量天国散歩)/Lightweight Heaven Walk-By applying ki into his feet, this technique allows him to take steps into the air, perfect for evading ground-based attacks and to perform aerial attacks like a dive kick.

Zettai Kougeki: Bougyofunsaiken (絶対攻撃:防御粉砕拳)/Absolute Attack: Defense Shattering Fist-A timed attack that requires him to lock all of his joints to transfer his weight into his fist and amplify it with his aura ten times to create an attack that specializes in breaking the opponent's defense.

Kiai (気合)/Fighting Spirit-A surpruse attack against those who specializes in speed. This technique requires a lot of inner focus and channeling in his aura. Once he is focused enough, he let's out a mighty roar that causes seismic burst that blows anything way from him. This burst isn't actually air but his own aura.

Zettai Yuui: Toukon Kuchikukan (絶対優位:闘魂駆逐艦)/Absolute Dominance: Fighting Spirit Destroyer-His ultimate technique, as well as the most non-lethal in his move list. Performing it requires him to first reach "enlightenment" and once that is met, he delivers a powerful yet harmless palm strike that literally DESTROYS the opponent's will to fight. Reaching enlightenment takes a long time, but the results are so awesome that is very much worth the wait.

OwO​

Last edited:
Topless Topless Okay, so I like the manga artist idea and how you wrapped BADAZZ into the name of the manga he's working on. However, I don't see much of this game's lore in this CS at all. Reading this sheet is telling me that you just made a character, but didn't read any of the lore or just didn't bother applying it to the sheet. Lastly, for him to have those techniques you want him to have, it will depend on the "lore." Because it is the schools in Andromeda that pave the way for fighters to learn their own style, however, depending on your character's class, which you said his was middle-class, that determines everything. It'll determine the quality of school. So you need to read the lore and apply that lore to your character. You should know what district he was raised in and that will help bring everything that is missing together. You also need to explain why he is known as "Captain McGuffin" because an Alias is a real thing. It's not just something I'm telling you to fill out to meet the requirement to be in this game. How your character acquired that alias should be explained in the history.

Topless Topless Okay, so I like the manga artist idea and how you wrapped BADAZZ into the name of the manga he's working on. However, I don't see much of this game's lore in this CS at all. Reading this sheet is telling me that you just made a character, but didn't read any of the lore or just didn't bother applying it to the sheet. Lastly, for him to have those techniques you want him to have, it will depend on the "lore." Because it is the schools in Andromeda that pave the way for fighters to learn their own style, however, depending on your character's class, which you said his was middle-class, that determines everything. It'll determine the quality of school. So you need to read the lore and apply that lore to your character. You should know what district he was raised in and that will help bring everything that is missing together. You also need to explain why he is known as "Captain McGuffin" because an Alias is a real thing. It's not just something I'm telling you to fill out to meet the requirement to be in this game. How your character acquired that alias should be explained in the history.
Muuuuufuuuuuu -w-

We have some open roles since I'm pruning some of our unresponsive members.

1. Akashiro's Niece
2. Any personnel from the Andromeda City Police (ACP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back