• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Recruitment

The Black Knight The Black Knight I'd generally consider anything that'd be rejected outright as "off the table", so I don't really understand how they can still be considered fair game. Could you clarify the difference?

Nope. People surprise me sometimes and sometimes those surprises get approved. It is all subjective. I have rejected only 2 apps out of all the ones that have gone through.

This RP sounds like a ton of fun, and I’m very much interested. I’m planning on making a counter-grappler character, in fighting game terms, and I plan for him to be like a Slasher from 80s horror flicks. He’ll probably be based heavily on Michael Myers. I’ll get started on it in a couple of days, probably.

This RP sounds like a ton of fun, and I’m very much interested. I’m planning on making a counter-grappler character, in fighting game terms, and I plan for him to be like a Slasher from 80s horror flicks. He’ll probably be based heavily on Michael Myers. I’ll get started on it in a couple of days, probably.

Just avoid instant death techniques or techniques where another character would have to kill yours to stop him.

The Black Knight The Black Knight Well could you at least give me some guidelines, here? Considering a rejection equals being kicked from the game outright in this context, it'd be nice to know what you're looking for.

The Black Knight The Black Knight Well could you at least give me some guidelines, here? Considering a rejection equals being kicked from the game outright in this context, it'd be nice to know what you're looking for.

My guidance is if you really want to be in this game, then you make the character you really want to play and submit the CS. If there is anything I find that won't work, I will tell you what doesn't work and even tell you alternatives and make suggestions. If you ignore them and would rather argue with me, then it is not really your concept being rejected but you as the writer. I am saying this because this has been the main reason people don't get approved.

The Black Knight The Black Knight It's a good thing I'm so charming, then.

Character Name: Hachisuka Chouko
Alias: The Strongest Combination, Great Taurus!
Height: 5'0"
Weight: Secret
Hair Color: Black/Red
Eye Color: Hazel/Red
Complexion: Azn
Build: Lean and mean

Visual Appearance:
yZPlc2N.jpg

Written Appearance: When not piloting Great Taurus, Chouko is a nondescript hazel-eyed middle school girl with short black hair, commonly dressed in a pair of jeans, socks with sandals, and a dorky looking engrish-print t-shirt. Her most noticeable trait is that she always wears a stiff red backpack-like object, which makes up the core component of Great Taurus.

Personality: Chouko is a somewhat dim meathead A HOT BLOODED FIGHTING MACHINE who is extremely stubborn and gullible A SHINING EXAMPLE OF JAPANESE YOUTH. Her loyalty is unfaltering, she believes that one should eat rice at every meal, and is seriously prone to monologuing HER BURNING SOUL CRIES OUT FOR WHITE HOT JUSTICE.

Current Story: Chouko is the granddaughter of the brilliant engineer Dr. Hachisuka Ushio, known for his advances in the field of robotics. Dr. Hachisuka had been working on a new series of prototype power armor for rescue workers, capable of self-repair and great feats of strength. One day, Chouko returned home from school to find the house empty. She didn't think much of it, assuming he had gone to some sort of goverment conference or to speak at some big university- Chouko never kept up too much with her grandfather's goings-on, being more concerned with the boxing club- but as the week wore on, she began to worry. He wasn't returning his calls, and the police acted like they didn't know who Chouko was talking about.

The next day, Chouko stumbled across her grandfather's secret lab, hidden beneath the old man's workshop. There, she discovered the truth: Her grandfather had been kidnapped by the villainous conspiracy organization, the Zodiac Group! Furious that her grandfather would be forced to make weapons for criminals, Chouko retrieved the remaining prototype the good doctor had hidden away and what little savings she could gather. Leaving a note not to look for her, Chouko set out to find the men who stole her grandfather and bring him back, even if it takes her whole life to do it. Don't lose, Great Taurus! Shine brightly, Great Taurus!

Her most recent stop on the trail of the elusive Zodiac Group has been Andromeda City, rumored to be a major hub for the criminal organization. Currently she's living with an old friend of her grandfather, local bike mechanic Hayato Honjo.

Weapon(s): The super fighting robot Great Taurus. Built Ford tough and just as strong as its namesake implies, Great Taurus contains numerous gimmicks that make it a force to be reckoned with on the field of combat, such as rocket boosters installed in the machine's elbows and heatsinks that can be rerouted to the machine's outer plating to create fists that burn like justice. Unfortunately, Great Taurus was not originally designed for combat, and it shows- the design of the suit leaves the pilot almost entirely exposed, and while Great Taurus may be an unbreakable Japanese shitbox, Chouko is decidedly less so. The real strength of the design, though, is it's modular construction held together by a series of interlocking superconductive magnets, allowing the machine to be disassembled, undergo maintenance, and snapped back together with a minimum of fuss. The overall design is simple enough that Honjo can handle repairs in the event anything is broken.

Aura: None originally, but flares bright orange upon activating Great Taurus' startup sequence.

Fighting Style: An amateur southpaw boxer with brute strength that belies her frame and an infighting focus, Chouko makes up for her lack of polish with the immense weight and unflinching power of Great Taurus, the frame of which mirrors her movements save for short periods of decoupling.

Techniques
Great Stampede: Pistons embedded in Great Taurus' forearms cause the machine's reach to suddenly extend roughly a foot in length before retracting again, catching the opponent off-guard with a big honkin' slab of metal to the teeth that they thought they were safe from.

By The Horns: A counter move where Great Taurus clinches the opponent and temporarily decouples it's link to Chouko; Chouko follows up with a series of punches to the now-helpless opponent's exposed face.

Big Bang: Great Taurus throws a high-power hook augmented by rocket boosters in the mecha's elbows, bringing the blow to supersonic speeds. The power is so immense it'll knock Chouko off balance if she fails to deliver.

Big Crunch: Great Taurus diverts all reactor heat to one hand, then grabs its opponent by the face and clamps down with spectacular force. Has a hell of a windup, but it's absolutely terrifying.

Raging Bull: Great Taurus ejects all nonessential parts, leaving only the undersuit and reactor. This results in unmatched speed, but the ejected parts must be recalled within 60 seconds or the reactor will overheat.

Last edited:
The Black Knight The Black Knight It's a good thing I'm so charming, then.

Character Name: Hachisuka Chouko
Alias: The Strongest Combination, Great Taurus!
Height: 5'0"
Weight: Secret
Hair Color: Black/Red
Eye Color: Hazel/Red
Complexion: Azn
Build: Lean and mean

Visual Appearance:

Written Appearance: When not piloting Great Taurus, Chouko is a nondescript hazel-eyed middle school girl with short black hair, commonly dressed in a pair of jeans, socks with sandals, and a dorky looking engrish-print t-shirt. Her most noticeable trait is that she always wears a stiff red backpack-like object, which makes up the core component of Great Taurus.

Personality: Chouko is a somewhat dim meathead A HOT BLOODED FIGHTING MACHINE who is extremely stubborn and gullible A SHINING EXAMPLE OF JAPANESE YOUTH. Her loyalty is unfaltering, she believes that one should eat rice at every meal, and is seriously prone to monologuing HER BURNING SOUL CRIES OUT FOR WHITE HOT JUSTICE.

Current Story: Chouko is the granddaughter of the brilliant engineer Dr. Hachisuka Ushio, known for his advances in the field of robotics. Dr. Hachisuka had been working on a new series of prototype power armor for rescue workers, capable of self-repair and great feats of strength. One day, Chouko returned home from school to find the house empty. She didn't think much of it, assuming he had gone to some sort of goverment conference or to speak at some big university- Chouko never kept up too much with her grandfather's goings-on, being more concerned with the boxing club- but as the week wore on, she began to worry. He wasn't returning his calls, and the police acted like they didn't know who Chouko was talking about.

The next day, Chouko stumbled across her grandfather's secret lab, hidden beneath the old man's workshop. There, she discovered the truth: Her grandfather had been kidnapped by the villainous conspiracy organization, the Zodiac Group! Furious that her grandfather would be forced to make weapons for criminals, Chouko retrieved the remaining prototype the good doctor had hidden away and what little savings she could gather. Leaving a note not to look for her, Chouko set out to find the men who stole her grandfather and bring him back, even if it takes her whole life to do it. Don't lose, Great Taurus! Shine brightly, Great Taurus!

Weapon(s): The super fighting robot Great Taurus. Practically indestructible and just as strong as its namesake implies, Great Taurus contains numerous gimmicks that make it a force to be reckoned with on the field of combat, such as rocket boosters installed in the machine's elbows and heatsinks that can be rerouted to the machine's outer plating to create fists that burn like justice. Unfortunately, Great Taurus was not originally designed for combat, and it shows- the design of the suit leaves the pilot almost entirely exposed, and while Great Taurus may be an unbreakable Japanese shitbox, Chouko is decidedly less so.

Aura: None originally, but flares bright orange upon activating Great Taurus' startup sequence.

Fighting Style: An amateur southpaw boxer with brute strength that belies her frame and an infighting focus, Chouko makes up for her lack of polish with the immense weight and unflinching power of Great Taurus, the frame of which mirrors her movements save for short periods of decoupling.

Techniques
Great Stampede: Pistons embedded in Great Taurus' forearms cause the machine's reach to suddenly extend roughly a foot in length before retracting again, catching the opponent off-guard with a big honkin' slab of metal to the teeth that they thought they were safe from.

By The Horns: A counter move where Great Taurus clinches the opponent and temporarily decouples it's link to Chouko; Chouko follows up with a series of punches to the now-helpless opponent's exposed face.

Big Bang: Great Taurus throws a high-power hook augmented by rocket boosters in the mecha's elbows, bringing the blow to supersonic speeds. The power is so immense it'll knock Chouko off balance if she fails to deliver.

Big Crunch: Great Taurus diverts all reactor heat to one hand, then grabs its opponent by the face and clamps down with spectacular force. Has a hell of a windup, but it's absolutely terrifying.

Raging Bull: Great Taurus ejects all nonessential parts, leaving only the undersuit and reactor. This results in unmatched speed, but the ejected parts must be recalled within 60 seconds or the reactor will overheat.

Nothing is indestructible in this game. The more people who join with androids and mechas, the stronger the martial artists are to balance it out (like a true fighting game). I can't see the image you chose because its protection rights show. Could you drop a link to it so I can see it?

As for your character, where is she from? I know you say she's Japanese but is she Andromedan or from another city?

The Black Knight The Black Knight
Kawasaki, Kanegawa, Japan.

yZPlc2N.jpg

And, as you can see, the pilot being completely exposed gives her a clear "hitbox" to compromise the robot itself being unkillable- since it's, you know, a one of a kind super robot and it breaking would be roughly equivalent to character death anyway.

I think my Slasher character is too similar to one of your characters, Black Knight, so I’m gonna make someone else.

What do you think of Stance Switching characters? Should I list his stances as techniques, or should I list them out in the Fighting style section?

Kawasaki, Kanegawa, Japan.

yZPlc2N.jpg

And, as you can see, the pilot being completely exposed gives her a clear "hitbox" to compromise the robot itself being unkillable- since it's, you know, a one of a kind super robot and it breaking would be roughly equivalent to character death anyway.

I'm just telling you how fighting games go, and what you can expect because there has to be a balance for missiles, lasers, and bullets. Because we do have an android character that uses such. Mechas get no special bye either.

Because you have her growing up in a different city, which isn't an issue really, the fact the story of her missing grandpa is outside the game setting with a gang outside the game setting, what is her reasons for coming to Andromeda?

I think my Slasher character is too similar to one of your characters, Black Knight, so I’m gonna make someone else.

What do you think of Stance Switching characters? Should I list his stances as techniques, or should I list them out in the Fighting style section?

I think the stances should be individual techniques. I also expect overlap to happen (as far as concepts). We have a lot of characters in this game.

The Black Knight The Black Knight She... Doesn't have missiles, lasers or bullets, though? It's explicitly a set of power armor that punches really hard and gets really hot. I mean, hey, if you can guarantee me that my character's power armor- which I would like to reiterate she is entirely dependent on to fight in any capacity- won't get arbitrarily broken, then we can scratch it being indestructible. Deal?

And she's, you know, trying to track down the evil organization that kidnapped her grandfather. So, clearly, the trail she was following led her here and presumably she has it on good information that Andromeda is host to a base of operations for Zodiac, yeah? Pretty straightforward.

hughs.regular.png

[IMG='width:242px;']https://i.pinimg.com/736x/33/1d/7c/331d7c6074e22a1b08d53b813da5d422.jpg[/IMG]
Character Name: Koizumi Akashiro; Old Man Shiro; Shiro; Ojii-san
Alias: The Legend; The Gentleman; Lord Stache (because of his magnificent mustache)
Age: You should never ask an old man his age. Just know that I'm old enough to be your grandfather.
Height: (standing) 5'10" / (sitting) 5'0"
Weight: 155 lbs
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Pallor
Build: Top-heavy

Written Appearance: Koizumi now resembles a man who could be anyone’s grandfather. Most of his time is spent in a wheelchair and so his legs aren’t what they used to be. However, above his waist is a rock-solid man who never stopped working out even despite his handicap. His wheelchair has misled many thieves and arrogant fighters who tried to harass him at his restaurant. You do not want this man to get his hands on you. He just might put you in a wheelchair. His crisp-blue eyes are gentle, and he tends to wear an expression of reflection. Often seen wearing a white chef uniform, he can usually be found in the kitchen cooking.

Personality: Koizumi used to be a driven man, and he claimed that drive was what blinded him. He couldn’t see those who were out to get him. He didn’t care. He was so immersed in the fame and the glory that he forgot what true martial arts were. He feels that he deserves where he is now—in a chair. Someone had to put the beast down and regardless if it was all happenstance or some cruel plot, it happened and there’s no going back.

Although he would never admit it, when his disciples abandoned him he was actually hurt and internally vowed to never have students again. He wants to leave his old life in the past where it belongs. He’s done being the champ. Now all he wants is to live out the rest of his years in peace. If you didn’t come by his restaurant to eat, then get out and leave him alone.

Current Story: There is a legend about a man by the name of Koizumi Akashiro. He was once upon a time the strongest fighter in the world. Every year, at the Andromeda Ultimate Fighter Championship (AUFC), Akashiro would compete, and historically, he has won for thirteen years straight. Noblesse, the government, and even the people grew tired of Akashiro winning despite him having a fan base of over a million. One day, a gang by the name of The Black Kings, started a firefight in a neighborhood. Akashiro ran to the neighborhood’s aid when Andromeda City Police (ACP) were pinned down. Akashiro took down many of the gang members until a child was caught in the crossfire. In order to save the child, Akashiro jumped into harms way and a bullet struck him in the back. The ACP were able to clear out the gang, and they found Akashiro unable to move. He was rushed to the hospital and the doctor deemed him paralyzed from the waist down. In that instant, Akashiro’s fame instantly died. Many of his fans believe it was a set up by either Noblesse or the government. Akashiro is now an old man who is visited and cared for by his niece. Back in the day, fighters traveled across the world to become his students, but gradually they all abandoned him seeking employment in the government and fame in the underground. Only those truly insistent on learning Akashiro’s secrets approach him. For now, he runs a restaurant named after himself "Akashiro's," where he serves various cuisine. Your character can learn more about him in game.

Weapon(s): Some believe his wheelchair to be a weapon.

Fighting Style: Akashiro can fight in and out of his wheelchair to his enemy’s surprise. Have you ever seen a wheelchair go airborne? Have you ever seen a wheelchair become a weapon? Then you have not seen legendary. Ever since Akashiro lost use of his legs, his upper body has compensated. He can move swiftly about on his hands without his chair and spring off of them to reach higher areas. His style has primarily become grappling, so an enemy would not want this man to get his hands on them. He just might turn them into a pretzel.

Techniques

Akashiro knows numerous techniques. Most of them have only been seen on TV and those weren't even believed to be all of them. Those were just his "tournament-friendly" ones.

While I'm not apart of this RP I'd like to inform you how made the colors you chose for this characters sheet are, like my eyes...

The Black Knight The Black Knight She... Doesn't have missiles, lasers or bullets, though? It's explicitly a set of power armor that punches really hard and gets really hot. I mean, hey, if you can guarantee me that my character's power armor- which I would like to reiterate she is entirely dependent on to fight in any capacity- won't get arbitrarily broken, then we can scratch it being indestructible. Deal?

And she's, you know, trying to track down the evil organization that kidnapped her grandfather. So, clearly, the trail she was following led her here and presumably she has it on good information that Andromeda is host to a base of operations for Zodiac, yeah? Pretty straightforward.

You need to write this in the current story. I also cannot guarantee you the battle armor won't get broken like I cannot guarantee any character in my game won't get K.O.ed eventually.

Already done.

All I ask is that Great Taurus be treated under the game's rules as if it were a character rather than a piece of equipment (which is to say, a gentleman's agreement that it won't just get torn apart with no fanfare) and we're good. Deal?

Already done.

All I ask is that Great Taurus be treated under the game's rules as if it were a character rather than a piece of equipment (which is to say, a gentleman's agreement that it won't just get torn apart with no fanfare) and we're good. Deal?

Your character and the equipment are under the same rules as everyone else, but a boss can do some damage to it, and if you have no way for the mecha to be repaired, then that is something you need to fix with your concept. I am going to run this game how I always have, and I am not going to make special exceptions because your concept can't risk taking damage or even a K.O. These are things you need to think about when designing a character.

The Black Knight The Black Knight Look all I'm saying is that if you smash my guy's robot that's roughly the same as having someone arbitrarily break her arms in half. Is that something that's gonna happen to people?

But hey if you'd rather the machine be capable of repair then sure we can do that too.

The Black Knight The Black Knight Look all I'm saying is that if you smash my guy's robot that's roughly the same as having someone arbitrarily break her arms in half. Is that something that's gonna happen to people?

But hey if you'd rather the machine be capable of repair then sure we can do that too.

That would be the worse case scenario. I like to believe that if she makes friends, then they'll have her back in a fight but players who do reckless stunts do get punished in GM posts. The rules are my GM posts will not kill or K.O. your character outright, but anything else that happens will happen. How they get over those injuries is just drama to the story. If a player is inactive, AWOL, or drops out then the worst I do is K.O. if it is in the middle of a GM-event. But yes, characters can get wrecked in this game if they are not careful.

Alright, if you're that set on it then we'll say it be fixed.

This does, however, call to mind an important secondary question: Why are you planning to punish players for doing things that are entirely within the themes of the genre? Like, I can't think of a fighting game where people didn't, you know, pick fights and do stupid shit in the name of picking fights. Isn't that kind of their entire foundation?

Like, is there going to be mechanical backing here? Could you give me an example of what you consider "reckless"? I'm a little confused.

Alright, if you're that set on it then we'll say it be fixed.

This does, however, call to mind an important secondary question: Why are you planning to punish players for doing things that are entirely within the themes of the genre? Like, I can't think of a fighting game where people didn't, you know, pick fights and do stupid shit in the name of picking fights. Isn't that kind of their entire foundation?

Like, is there going to be mechanical backing here? Could you give me an example of what you consider "reckless"? I'm a little confused.

I am going to be writing a GM post today that would give a clear example to answer your question. The consequence factor is in the combat guide and in the rules set for that GM-event. If your reading comprehension is low and if you aren't following the rules in the event, then your character will pay for it. Majority, 90% of the GM-event is PVE. The current one has only one GM-controlled boss. So the characters are writing their own fighting scenarios 90% of the time. However, there tends to be Mary Sue-isms at times where a player thinks their character is invincible, won't have them take a scratch, and will ignore the event rules. Those players get punished for the rules are there for a reason and all you have to do is follow them. But human nature I suppose.

The Black Knight The Black Knight Well, I think that answers all my questions save for one: Is my character accepted?

I'm not going to allow your robot to regenerate itself. There isn't a single character in this game who has regenerative abilities. So you should create a NPC or something? I doubt her father was the only one working on that mecha. Not even our android player is without an engineer who can make repairs and conduct maintenance on him. Does your robot even have a docking station? Where does she store it? Is she just running an entire mecha without any maintenance whatsoever?

Here you go The Black Knight The Black Knight

6190654bb5fdf4bfa603808ab47a438f.jpg
Character Name: Miyamoto Musashi XL
Alias: The Principal Steel-Armed Kingpin of Shiteno Academy
Height: 6'0
Weight: 144 lbs
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Fair
Build: Athletic

Written Appearance: A handsome and well-built man with no visible scars all over his body. There's nothing much else to say other than he is tall, has perfectly groomed hair, and stuff like that. But hey, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Personality: Two words: Dan Hibiki. Well, kind of. He does have the good look of a very rich man, runs a very sophisticated school, and knows the ancient sword style passed down by generations, but this guy is pretty much of a graceful loser. To begin with, he is a very big coward when fighting against groups. He prefers to fight one-on-one because he felt it was much more easier than fighting multiple opponents at the same time despite his sword style having the capability of cutting down many enemies. If he gets involved in that kind of situation, he'll make a very poor excuse before running away...unless you pressure him to fight, which makes him a completely different person.

He is also a pacifist, which can explain his school's unique policy against killing. He believes that martial arts should be used to improve a person than to be used as some form of self-defense. Other than that, he is a very friendly person at heart, but he tends to act much of a strict principal too show off his authority through out the campus. He is also a very big fan of Natsume Miki and his office is very decorated with memorabilia of her, even worst when you go to his house and enter his bedroom.

Current Story: Some of us have heard about the legendary swordsman Miyamoto Musashi and his famous two sword style. The practice of his style still exists, but very little few have mastered the ancient art. You face an opponent with two swords in hand and notice how rubbish the way he fights. That is nothing compared to the ever gracious sword style that the legendary swordsman had. As mentioned, a very little few people have mastered the sword style, most of them just emulating and practicing all of the moves, but then there are some that had mastered it naturally because of their ancestry.

Miyamoto Musashi XL is the current master of the legendary sword style passed down by generations in order to preserve. He was taught this style while he was only 12 and became a master upon reaching the age of 20. This prompted many gangs, including Noblesse, to fight their way in recruiting the swordsman...until they find out that the current master is a poor loser who doesn't like to fight larger crowds and hates the notion of killing. They've given up, giving Musashi the chance to live a simpler life as a normal citizen. But this peace did not last.

At the age of 25, Musashi witnessed a woman surrounded by gangsters. He wanted to help, but his fear of fighting large crowds got the best of him. When she screamed however, Musashi draws out his swords and fought the gangsters with grace and poise. He had suddenly transformed into a different person...or rather he had transformed into the legendary swordsman himself. After the ordeal, the rest is all history.

He married the woman he saved, had a child, and established a rather lighter yet still harsh underground school.

Weapon(s): Befitting with his style and personality, he wields a pair of reverse-edged katanas.

Aura: Gold

Fighting Style: Niten Ichi, translated as "Two Heavens as One", is the ancient and legendary sword style passed down to every descendant of the Musashi bloodline. Wield two swords are simple enough, but the techniques used aren't as simple as just swinging the swords around and hoping to get at least a cut. Miyamoto Musashi XL is the current master, and soon, he will pass down the teachings to his son.

Techniques

Most techniques used in this style are based on the technique used in real life. Though Musashi doesn't have any signature techniques and just sticks to the principles.

He's accepted and so is your school idea. I will add the school and NPC next time I am online. I am on my phone currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back