• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC Discussions

Do you guys want a discord server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S
Created at
Index progress
Complete

A story similar to an arcade fighter. If you like anime fighter genres, character development, and the chaos that you typically get from anime, then this game is for you. While I am very open to accepting a multitude of character archetypes, it is the player’s personality that will overall determine if they are approved or not. Please come to this game with a desire to respect others, contribute to the story, interact with others, demonstrate patience, and join if you are dedicated. Majority of this game’s OOC is in a discord chat. Players with completed and approved CSes will automatically be PMed a link to the discord by the GM. Come have some fun!
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
vtks-demolition.regular.png

[class=tabs] background:url(https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/elegant-red-background_1340-4770.jpg); border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000000; box-sizing: border-box; color: #ffffff; display:inline-flex; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 20px auto; min-width: 350px; text-align: center; width: 50%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 10px; width: 33%; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background:url(https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/fire-background-gif-10.gif); [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} Combat) (show tabsContentCombat) if (eq ${currentTab} Rules) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} Announcements) (show tabsContentAnnouncements) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px;"]Combat
[div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px;"]Rules
[div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px;"]Announcements[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentCombat" style="display: none;"]
PVE & PVP
This section will explain combat etiquette for both PVE & PVP. If you are to engage in combat with GM-controlled NPCs (PVE) or another player (PVP), there is a very simple etiquette to use. The GM will not control all minions. The GM only controls mini-bosses and bosses unless stated otherwise, so if you are ever thrown into a GM-situation with multiple minions, you the player, is free to dictate their demise. However, if you are engaging a named GM-controlled mini-boss or boss, then there are some simple rules to follow:
1. Never Auto-Attack (Mode) a Mini-Boss/Boss or Another Player. As mentioned above, minions are free game. However, mini-bosses/bosses and other players are not. When you are writing an attack toward a MB/B or player character, you must not complete the attack by writing the results. Here is an example:
Bob ran toward Suzie, swung with a right hook for her jaw, and shattered her jaw with his fist. Bob then quickly ran away before she could fight back.
Do not ever dictate what happens to another player’s character or GM-controlled bosses or mini-bosses. You do not know how that player will react or if your attack will even hit. Now below, is the correct way to write an action:
Bob ran toward Suzie and swung with a right hook for her jaw.
This post leaves the outcome open to be dictated by the other player. Your goal in a PVP match is to force your opponent into a corner like chess. You can do this merely by challenging their attention to detail. If they swing at you with their right fist, but you react to their left fist by mistake, and it wasn’t their left fist attacking, then you gave your opponent a hit.
This leads us to the next discussion.
2. There are only a certain amount of actions you can perform in a single turn.
You can either write an attack and a defensive move, two attack moves, or one to two defense moves. I will give an example of two.
Attack-Defense: Bob carefully stepped toward Suzie. His right arm was curled at the elbow, fist clenched at cheekbone level in a guard (defense). His left fist jabbed outwards toward her mouth, fist rotating to deliver his full force behind it (attack).
Explanation: In Attack-Defense, your character not only attacks but sets up a defense in the case of a counter.
Attack-Attack: Bob hopped a foot toward Suzie, his right leg rising and tucking at hip level before it thrust out, sending his foot toward her gut. His right foot then quickly retracted, his right leg curling before he thrust it out once more, sending his foot toward Suzie’s chin.
Explanation: In Attack-Attack, the character sacrifices his or her defense in order to execute two attacks in what is deemed a “chain.” A chain is tricky and should only be used as a finisher or if there’s an opportunity to take the advantage, say if an opponent is stunned or disoriented. A healthy opponent can break the chain by reacting to the first attack, which will nullify the second attack ever happening. Here’s an example of that:
Chain Break: Suzie pivoted on her right-foot and turned outward and sideways to Bob. Her left hand snagged his right ankle (grab example) and the palm of her right hand thrust toward his kneecap with enough force to possibly break it.
Explanation: Suzie never responds to Bob’s second attack because it never happened. Because Suzie reacted to the first attack, the second attack was nullified for Bob’s writer had implied that the following motion would have happened if his initial attack had been successful and not hindered. Suzie’s counter will more than likely be a hit for Bob didn’t set up any defenses to counter it. What Suzie used to counter Bob was Attack-Defense. Suzie also mentioned the intended strength of her strike, but didn't compromise her intentions by saying the assault, fore sure, happened.
Defense-Defense: Now a defensive move can be an evasion (dodge motions: side-step, duck, pivot, lean, dip, step-back, dive, etc.), a grab, or a stance. Defense-Defense is usually performed when a fighter is blocking the barrage of another fighter, when a fighter is being overwhelmed, when a fighter is trying to open his opponent’s guard, or when a fighter is trying to tire out his or her opponent. I will not give an example of this technique for it is pretty self-explanatory. For the example of a grab, refer to the “Chain Break” example.
3. A “grab” is a free move. Because a grab is non-lethal, it is a free move. Refer to the “Chain Break” example. When Suzie grabbed Bob’s ankle, the grab was not the attack. The grab did not cause him harm. The grab instead held him in a position where she would have the advantage. A grab can be countered just like Bob’s kick was countered in Suzie’s post. A fighter can logically counter a grab with a grab of their own and get into this grab, counter-grab, hand battle. A grab will not be considered an attack, but it is considered a defensive move. It may seem like an auto-attack because the writer has to write their character successfully grabbing the other opponent in order for the next move to make sense, but it’s not an auto-attack. For it is not an attack in this definition.
4. Chaining Moves. Chaining or Combos are a very advanced form of fighting. When you create chains such as Defense-Attack-Attack or Defense-Defense-Attack or longer, you risk the opponent breaking that chain somewhere. However, it can also be used to your advantage because it forces the opponent to focus and pay attention to each of your character's movements in order to logically break the chain. The chain will either be successfully broken or the opponent will miss a detail and fail, causing the combo to succeed. A chain break doesn't always cause a consequence, but there can be a consequence. As you get more comfortable with text combat, feel free to try using combos. Sometimes it makes for a very epic fight.
5. The GM and Co-GMs will be judging the PVP matches. I am not as concerned about PVE as I am about PVP. I recommend players go into PM or our discord chat (if we decide to have one) and talk out the match prior to attempting PVP. If players cannot decide on a winner beforehand, then one will definitely be decided in game when they do a blind fight. A blind fight being when neither player knows who the winner will be. What the GM and Co-GMs decide is final. The GM is the main judge you have to win. The Co-GMs say one thing, but if the GM says something else then that will be a win or lose for you. What the GM and Co-GM decide goes.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"]
OOC
  • Communication. I do not need to know your business, but if you plan to leave for longer than a week, then please be courteous and let me know. I can accommodate for your absence and help you reintegrate back into the game when you return.
  • PVP Etiquette. As before mentioned, if you plan to conduct PVP, then please maintain communication with the writer whose character you are challenging. Decide beforehand how the fight will go. If you plan to do a blind match, then please inform the GM, Co-GM, or both before starting the match. I understand that sometimes the story calls for “spur of the moment” decisions and not much may be planned beforehand.
  • Character archetypes. This game is not about anime archetypes. It is about you role playing the character you want. As long as you are happy with what you created, then I am happy, and I am sure your peers will be happy too. Being happy with your character will lead to a pleasant role play experience.
  • Frequency. At minimum, I only require writers to post once a week. I understand that work and college can get in the way. As long as you post once a week, then you are fine.
  • Activity. If a writer disappears without communicating their absence, then the writer has 14 days to communicate their activity with either the GM or Co-GM. After 14 days, the character will be considered inactive, and they will be marked as such. The writer is welcome to return and resume where they left off. However, a GM decision may have been made for the sake of moving the story along. So be mindful of your activity. Communication is very important.
  • Disputes. You are required to respectfully workout any disputes with another writer—preferably in a PM conversation. If you cannot do this and need a GM decision, then bring the issue to my attention. Understand that if you violate RPN rules, then the situation is no longer in my hands. Be mature, be an adult, and be respectful.
  • RPN Rules. Be sure to follow them. Read up on them in case you forgot. You can find them here.
  • Have Fun. As the GM, my goal is to regulate the game and make sure it progresses smoothly. At times, I will drop some GM plots into the game, but this game is mostly run by the writers. I cannot force you all to interact and create stories and character relationships. All I can do is create the universe and regulate it. Please interact and try to have a good time. If you have any issues whether it be with the game or other players, then please privately bring it to my attention.
IC
  • Headers and Tags. I will provide everyone with a header that they should follow in order for everyone to keep track of their character’s location and who they are mentioning or talking to in the game. Please use the header so that there is little to no confusion.
  • Keep OOC in the OOC. Please avoid posting OOC bubbles in the IC. The OOC interrupts the IC atmosphere like a fourth wall being broken. Please keep all OOC in the OOC, Discord, or PMs.
  • Font Colors. If you are the kind of person who likes to color their character’s dialog, then please avoid using neon colors or colors that blend into the site’s background. No one wants to have to highlight your post in order to read it.
  • Image Size. Be mindful of the size of the images you post.
  • GM NPCs. These NPCs will be made clear to you when the time comes. The GM will introduce them in order to ensure the writers know that this is indeed a GM boss or mini-boss. Non-GM bosses or mini-bosses will be clearly explained to the writer, granting them liberties to take them down however they please.
  • In-Game Reality. While this is an anime universe, please do not do anything that could have your character pegged as a terrorist. Also, do not try to blow up the planet. It sounds silly but you will be surprised. I tend to be thorough when it comes to character acceptance, but some characters still slip through the cracks.
If more rules need to be made, then this list will update as needed.
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentAnnouncements" style="display: none;"]12/29/2018: Completed OOC and IC
12/30/2018: "Aura" added to the Character Sheet Template. Character Thread updated with new characters. Tag posted in "Andromeda." IC has been opened for role play.
01/05/2019: GM events now have a 7-day posting time limit. Due to the constant influx of new players, the current GM-event at Akashiro's is no longer accepting participants. New players should proceed to sandbox and interact with writers not involved. For further details, you can find the announcement here.
2/15/2019: BADAZZ clean up and revamp. Deathstalkers First Arc has concluded. Preparing for new recruits.
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
I posted a poll for the discord server request. Please be sure to vote. The poll will close after seven days or when I feel we have a significant amount of votes. :)
Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi iijora iijora capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Elenion Aura Elenion Aura _Line 213 _Line 213 Severia Severia SkysGoDim SkysGoDim Zamasu Zamasu

I also finished both the OOC and the IC. Please read them over. You are free to add more lore to your characters if you want to. You can also discuss character relations. If you had any pre-existing relationships, such as both went to the same school or what have you, then feel free to add them to your character sheet with the other writer's permission of course. :3D:

I updated "Announcements." Tag has been added to the IC, Character Thread with a new aspect called "Aura," which is basically the energy that surrounds your fighter and what color is it. You can even go as far as to explain what it looks like. Characters tab has been updated with the latest approved fighters. IC is open for role play just don't forget to post the tab at the top of your post. :coolshades:

Apologies about not posting. Holidays have been super busy. Expect an IC post today.

Ay The Black Knight The Black Knight , are you still accepting? I see there's no pro wrestler or sumo wrestler so I'll take one of those.
You can make whatever kind of character you want. This game is going to have so many players that there will be overlap in martial arts. What makes your character unique from the others is their character. I want players to focus on creating a character they see themselves liking long term, and one that they can grow. Not something they think this game needs.

Your CS will need to be submitted in the interest check for review. A link to the interest check can be found under "Other."

Due to the constant influx of new players, the fight scene at Akashiro's Restaurant is closed to anymore participants. The players listed below are the only players permitted to post in "direct" involvement of the situation. "Indirect" involvement is hearing about it on the news, watching it and not intervening, or even hearing about it on the street. These actions are permitted. Here is the list of the only players permitted to post in "direct" involvement of this situation:

Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi iijora iijora Zamasu Zamasu Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Fearmonger Fearmonger _Line 213 _Line 213 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Xale Xale sprouhtt sprouhtt

If I missed anyone who was directly involved, please let me know.

These players have 7 days to post in regards to the GM situations. A GM post will be dropped every seven days. If you were unable to post during this time frame, then you should rethink your participation in a RPG. If you cannot post at least once a week to this game, then this game is not for you because I will not allow a GM-event to stagnate for someone who does not have time to participate. This is not the same for when the game is in sandbox.

The game is in sandbox mode for all of those characters not involved in the GM event. They are free to interact or go about developing their characters in their day-to-day activities.

Now, the consequence for those who do not post (those involved in the GM-event) within seven days is that their character will be controlled in the GM post. They will not be killed or knocked unconscious because those rights are the writers'. They will more than likely get their butt kicked, and whatever consequence they suffered will carry over into your next post. If you still have not posted even by the next GM round, 14 days, then you will be contacted by the GM. If the GM receives no response from you by the third round (21 days), then your character will be written out of the game.

This announcement will be recorded under the "Announcements" tab.

prozac-buzz.grunge.png

[IMG='width:162px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/60/a8/fa60a8ba7d5f5aa237010c6fef43cbab.jpg[/IMG][IMG='width:181px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/74/e5/24/74e5247a7f41808b5de45a4c067d2e41.jpg[/IMG][IMG='width:475px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d8/27/31/d82731cb156e24615e8099849ed74224.jpg[/IMG]​

The Pits are one of the biggest underground arenas in Kinrin owned by the Deathstalkers. Compared to a lot of the underground fighting arenas, The Pits is strange in the sense that it is not hidden; in fact, it takes up an entire neighborhood of Kinrin and many houses have been torn down and turned into the various arenas where the fights take place. Often used for recruitment, The Pits have an "anyone's welcome" policy even those on the Deathstalkers shit list are allowed in...but for those people getting out is another question. As often they are given the hardest fights, the rules of The Pits are simple: no guns, the winner gets paid, and anything goes. Death is a common occurrence in The Pits as its only the winner that gets treated for wounds. The Pits are one of the closest thing to an actual organized event in Kinrin with announcers, bookies, medical personnel and even a scoreboard showing wins and losses. The Pits have been going for over fifteen years, and over time has been taken over by various different gangs usually the biggest in Kinrin. Originally, it started with ten random people who just wanted a public place to fight and watch fights. The pit fights can be anything from 1 vs 1, 1 vs 3, 2 vs 2 and a lot more options. Majority of the time, you don't choose your teammates if you have any.

A Pit Veteran is someone who has been consecutively fighting in the pits on a weekly or biweekly basis for at least seven years at which time they undergo the "Hazing." The "Hazing" is a set of 3 to 10 fights with only a 30-second break in-between each match. The goal is to survive and win. You can lose as long as you don't die. If you don't die, you can officially be called a "Pit Veteran," and more often than not it's heavily rigged for certain fighters. Mostly members of the gang that owns the pit at the time have a much easier time than anyone else and those that have angered the owning gang have a much harder time. For people who are not in the gang nor angered them, they usually fight between 5-7 fights and it usually ends up with them against mostly untrained street thugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OOC of this game primarily takes place in the discord chat. Those approved and part of the game who want a link to the discord chat, please PM the GM and request it.

You asked this maybe weeks ago in the recruitment thread, and I said yes, and you never sent a CS. This game is always open for recruitment. Dedicated writers are what's hard to find.

You asked this maybe weeks ago in the recruitment thread, and I said yes, and you never sent a CS. This game is always open for recruitment. Dedicated writers are what's hard to find.
Ah. I never got a notif for the reply on that. I even thought i had asked this before and searched my history...weird.

Anywho i found the recruitment page and am working on Sogen now.

I feel as if toguro will like the resuraunt. And they will like him too, dude would eat three appetizers, four main dishes, and three desserts every time he comes. He would also be a very jolly customer, a bit loud sure, but food makes him happy.

Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt @Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 @RI.a WeaselThor WeaselThor

Hey all, so I wanted to clarify the GM post. The GM post is just marking the beginning of the Underground Tournament Arc. Mainly meaning that all story continuations will be within that arc. I'm not expecting your first post to be smack-dab in the tournament. I know that some of you wanted to RP out your character training to acquire their sixth technique (those who were awarded a sixth technique slot in the last event). So just see this as your characters all got an invitation. What you all choose to do leading up to the situation will be up to you. Expect the tournament to happen a month later so that gives your characters 30 days to prepare. So far the tournament sign-up list is:

Underground Tournament Sign-Up

Zheng Luang
Musa Azuma
Sogen Toguro

Topless Topless

Now i may not be a gm...but in my opinion a move that destroys someones will to fight is not a good fit for a fighting RP. Plus it kind removes a persons free will, which i know i am not cool with though im not sure how others feel about it. Again not a GM just concerned is all.

Topless Topless

Now i may not be a gm...but in my opinion a move that destroys someones will to fight is not a good fit for a fighting RP. Plus it kind removes a persons free will, which i know i am not cool with though im not sure how others feel about it. Again not a GM just concerned is all.

I didn't see it as a problem because the move would have to hit for it to work. Otherwise, if it misses, he just wasted the opportunity. Also being that it's his ultimate technique, he will more than likely wind himself after doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back