• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BADAZZ (Always accepting!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
farisea-dark.fraktur.png
IbDoRn3.jpg
Name: Koizumi Akashiro
Race: Human
Aura: Red
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025, 2:30 PM
Tagging: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a

Akashiro watched as the weary fighters sluggishly gathered around the table. Beneath his curled, cloudy moustache, he couldn’t help but smile at their exuberance and ability to enjoy the small things after such an arduous battle. His brows rose when Lu stood and stepped over to him (he didn’t have to travel far for Akashiro was parked next to the table). The young man offered, what Akashiro could see, to be 400 credits. It was a lot of money that he didn’t expect any native of Kinrin to have readily. It was hard to save money when thugs lurked around every corner, waiting to steal it. Lu, however, demonstrated that he was no pushover. Holding up his hand, Akashiro kindly refused, “I will not take your money…”

Before Akashiro had a chance to continue, the bathroom door suddenly flew open. With yellow rubber gloves and a toilet scrubber, Musa dashed through the kitchen, hurdled over the counter, and thrust a hand out for the credits. Akashiro didn’t even have to turn his head to know who it was swiftly approaching. He quickly snatched the credits from Lu, motioning them out of Musa’s reach, and then bent his elbow to drive it sharply into the fighter’s sternum. Musa was propelled back into the counter with a crash.

Baring his teeth, Musa left an indentation in the wall of it as he painfully sat up. “Shit! You said you didn’t want it you greedy old bastard!”

The old fighter spread the chips in a fan and then closed them together. He wheeled over to Lu and set the credits back in front of him. “Keep your money, boy. As for working here…” He frowned a little. It was apparent that Akashiro was still having a difficult time allowing others to help him. “I’ll think about it.”

Musa rose to his feet and complained, “Are you serious? That was a lot of money. I could have got my bike back at least. Also, didn't you say if we saved your restaurant and got rid of the Deathstalkers that you would let us work for you?”

Akashiro leered over at Musa and sternly asked, “Is that bathroom clean?”

The old man’s tone was enough to make Musa straighten like a soldier as he replied promptly, “Hai!

Akashiro gave Musa a suspicious glare, and then he wheeled over to the back of the kitchen to inspect it. His bushy brows near touched his hairline when he saw the bathroom. It practically glowed! Never had he seen the bathroom so clean. Is this the same room? he wondered to himself. The old man turned to regard Musa in amazement. He never would have thought such an unclassed, lecherous, idiot would have been capable of such detail. It actually frightened the old fighter a little. Internally, he felt his fortress walls beginning to yield. Was this what help looked like? Since he was constantly busy preparing the meals, he didn’t have time to give attention to other sections of the restaurant.

As he rolled back over to the banquet area, Musa looked at him and asked, “How is it?”

Akashiro’s lips momentarily locked as though he didn’t want to give Musa a compliment, but he couldn’t deny it. Sighing—his walls collapsed—he admitted, “I’ve never seen it so clean.”

Musa proudly smirked. He knew how to clean toilets. He did it for nine years in lockup. The striped fighter went to return the cleaning supplies, while Akashiro glanced over to the fighter’s table and saw how most of them had finished their ramen. Grabbing a waiting tray from the counter, he placed it over the arms of his chair and wheeled over to them. He started to collect their bowls with every intention of giving them seconds, and muttered: “I…suppose I’ll accept applications…”

Aoki, the proprietress of the Bleeding Dragon, approached him next and like Lu offered him credits. Akashiro held up his hand to stop her. “I will not take your money.”

Again, there were several swift footsteps. Akashiro growled and again swung his elbow. Musa caught the blade of it in the palm of his hand and felt the strength from the blow cause his feet to slide back across the floorboards. He then reached with his right hand for Aoki’s credits and simultaneously, Akashiro’s finger met the side of his neck. A white ki then passed through Musa’s body, causing his eyes to roll back into his head before he collapsed as limp as a marionette upon the floor.

Akashiro’s hands returned to his wheels as he rolled over to the kitchen to prepare the group seconds. “Would you like another beer Heizo-san?” he asked.

GM note: It can be implied in your next posts that Akashiro brought your characters seconds.

Last edited:
9VZL10it.png
Name: Dai
Race:
Human
Aura: Green
Date/Time: January 1, 2025, 2:35 PM
Tagging: Everyone at Akashiro's
Crunch

A raspy groan gurgled at the back of a middle-aged man sleeping uncomfortably on his old and tattered sofa. "Shoulda just slapped 'im awake, Dai nee-sama."

"It's fine~~ Just imagine the look on his face when he wakes up to see us." A tall girl sat cross-legged on the coffee table replied with a snort. Cutting a ripe apple with her dagger before she took another slice into her mouth. The small apartment was littered with empty bottles of beer and dirty laundry. The entire room stunk of a typical gambling addict.

Crunch

"Thought ya can't see fa--"
The older lackey commented, only to shut his mouth when his leader sent a glare his way. "Huuuuh? She dared him to finish that sentence, but the thug lowered his head instead. Dai clicked her tongue when he bowed his head begrudgingly. A second and third lackey that stood guard at the door and window respectively quietly snorted at their comrade. The visit to the man's house was special, he had bought narcotics from one of Deathstalkers' dealers and even borrowed credits.

Crunch

The man yawned loudly, causing Dai to wince and cough at the smell of his breath. "God damn, what the hell have you been eating?" She swatted the air a little to help disperse the god-awful stench. The sleepiness he had suddenly vanished as his eyes shot open and he pushed himself further into the old couch.

"Wha-- Who are you people!"

Dai barked out a laugh, "See! Told ya it was worth it!" She snickered, popping the last slice of apple into her mouth and throwing the core next to the man.

"Dammit. This is my home. Who the hell do you--" He cut himself off with a shriek. Dai had stabbed right in-between his legs and into the couch.

"You're one to talk! Who do you think you are old man? You owe us some serious cash. And words on the street that you've been selling our stuff as your own. So you definitely have it."

"Pl-please... don't hurt me..." He begged, "I really don't have..."

"Yare yare, here I thought I'd be nice to show that we Deathstalkers aren't all that bad. I even waited for you to wake up! You sure were sleeping soundly." She pulled the knife back out as she leaned back a bit, her lips pulled into a cocky smirk before it fell. She snapped her fingers with her free hand and waved it in the air. The three thugs began to move around the flat, thrashing the room in search of the credits and taking anything valuable.

"Wait no! Stop please! I'll give it to you next week! Please just one week, I promise!"

Dai cackled like he just told the best joke in the world. Only when her laughter was met with stunned silence did she stop. "Oh you weren't kidding."

"You're out of time." The tall woman stood over the dirty man that was drowning in his own sweat and piss. "Here's what we are going to do. I can cut you up and sell your organs. Even ugly bastards like you will fetch a good price. Or..." Her dagger slowly dragging across his cheek, a small line of blood in its trail. "You tell me where the money is and you can see my beautiful face again next time."

Fat tears ran down his oily face, wet snot forming in his nostrils and he let out a sob. "It's under the bed..."

"Wow, really?" Dai dryly commented. After a few more loud thrashes, one of the thugs confirmed that the poor sap was telling the truth. But it wasn't enough. Dai wasn't surprised, but she wasn't going to let him go so easily. "That's too bad."

Within a second, a loud crack echoed in the room. Followed by the man's screams. His right forearm snapped in half, his cracked bones sticking out of his skin. "That's for the rest. Congratulations. You are now debt free. You shouldn't gamble with that hand." Dai laughed at her own shitty joke and walked towards the door, her lackerys followed her swiftly, leaving the injured man to deal with his predicament.

Dai released her lackeys for the rest of the day since they didn't have another job that afternoon. It was new year's after all! Now she wondered along the semi-crowded streets, whistling a random tune with both her hands cushioning her head as she looked up towards the sky. She wasn't sure if her whistles were what made people make way for her, but she could feel their bodies and any objects in her path with her bare feet dragging across the ground before she would knock into them. "Maybe I should have made them day drink with me." Dai thought out loud. Sighing she stretched her arms.

"I'm so bored!" She shouted, not caring if it gathered unwanted attention. As if on cue, her stomach grumbled loudly. "Guess I should eat. Oi you!" She pointed towards a stranger in front of her. When he didn't answer, Dai stomped towards him and grabbed him by his collar, tugging it so he faced her now.

"Answer when someone's talking to you dammit. Did you not learn any manners?" She scolded, only earning stuttered words and sounds from him. "Where's the nearest restaurant? I can't see very well." She pulled him close enough so he could see the white lines in the blacks of her eyes, showing him that she was blind.

Confused and scared, he had more questions than answers for the blind woman. "Use your words man!" Dai pushed, making him snap out of his confused state of mind and pointed up the street. Realising what he'd done he finally managed a proper reply, "It's just up the street. You'll find Akashiro's!"

Satisfied, Dai released her grip on him and said a brief 'thanks'. But before she took a step, the man said something very interesting. "But Miss I don't think you should go. There was a fight there just a while ago and the place got thrashed. I saw some deathstalkers raiding the place but some guys actually took them down!"

"Huh? Then why the fuck-- Wait did you say Deathstalkers? What did they look like?"

--

Entering what seemed to be a wrecked building, was definitely a restaurant. At least according to Dai's nose and her seismic ability. Tables and chairs were split and tossed, man-shaped holes were in the walls, but people were eating at well.. What was left of a table maybe.

"Heh. Looks like you lot had fun." Akashiro's new guest mumbled, pretending to look around the room as she turned her head slowly. Though those with good observational skills will notice her eyes not looking at anything specifically. Stopping to face the group, her lips pulled up into a crooked smile. "Got room for one more? I'm starving."

Rookie_Headshot.png
Name: Aline Romani
Aura: ???
Date/Time: January 1, 2025
Current Jam: None.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight , Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi , Tiramiisu Tiramiisu , Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , sprouhtt sprouhtt , RI.a RI.a

Aline nearly spit out her food as one line in particular managed to reach her ears, that being that the old man was suddenly willing (albeit hesitantly) to take on employees. Of course, there was no way in hell she was just going to let that good food go to waste. Her cheeks ballooned outward instead as her lips refused to part, the soup within forced down her throat by her stomach's continued cravings.

Forcing herself to her feet, she extended her arm and finger toward Akashiro and Lu, her brows fiercely slanted in challenge as she let out a shout. "Hey! I need that job way more than he does!" Her earlier, oddly respectful silence had completely vanished, replaced with a forcefulness that either spoke to the still-unused energy given to her before the meal, or true, unrestrained desperation for any sort of remotely steady pay or livable wage. Her outstretched limb began to waver a big as she realized that she had absolutely no idea where she was going with this particular challenge; what exactly was she going to do? Fight him for it? After what she had just been through, there was no way that she could say she even had the stomach.

So, instead, she offered something a little more tame, following a few moments of scrambling for further thought in the midst of some slight stutters. "I'll...I-I'll...I challenge you to a waiter-off! And I'll win!"

Was any of that really necessary in the first place?

Njxp7XC.jpg
Name: Zheng Luang
Aura: Phoenix Fire Blue
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight Tiramiisu Tiramiisu @Zamasu _Line 213 _Line 213 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

Lu had his money returned to him by Akashiro, and although he would be willing to give it to even Musa, he was stopped by Akashiro, rather comically honestly. When even Aiko-san handed money, he also declined yet again, with another attack to Musa trying to be grabby. Lu chuckled at that, sitting back down. "Well, if you say so. Though I'd gladly give it to that guy over there" he pointed out Musa, who had been Akashiro's ragdoll today. "If he really needed it. I don't, I just do tricks on my skateboard for fun!" He smiled, returning to his ramen in no time, finishing it in a flash. Aoki had offered to drink with anyone, but Lu wasn't much interested in drinking alcohol, and thus declined Aoki's offer with a slight bow and a "No thank you".

"MMMMMH! That really hits the spot, hope I can have more." Lu grinned happily at the thought of being pampered by The Old Man. He heard a new voice, must be a newcomer to the scene! Lu turned his head and smiled "Yeah, kinda! It was a crazy fun fight if I say so myself, and I'm sure there's room for one more, take a seat! The more the merrier they say!" Lu laughed heartily. Until...Aline flared with the fire of a challenge for Lu.

Lu, although confused, was mighty excited either way. Standing up and slamming his hands onto the table in glee, a big stupid smile on his face. "A WAITER-OFF? ALLLLRIGHT!!! I'LL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE." Lu laughed happily, truly carefree. "Let's do our best, alright? Don't you dare slack on me. I want a good rival in the food business if so! Hey Old-Man, you got some crazy moves." Lu settled back down, looking over at Akashiro "I wonder if Akashiro is better than even what you showed, maybe he can shoot laser beams from his eyes...Or maybe he has a dragon attatched to his back and it can shoot fire whenever he gets mad.." Lu began to ramble on, thinking up very odd and nearly impossible things that Akashiro could do, such as control doves to help him fly to high places or eat rocks and burrow underground...Or even play a sick guitar as he beat people up. despite not knowing that the man he was with right now was that very man...

Last edited:
27FhruP.jpg
Name:
Aoki Heizo
Aura: White
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight , Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi , _Line 213 _Line 213 , Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

"Your loss." She shrugged at Lu's response, leaning across the table for another bottle.

Aoki was in a middle of pouring another drink before the two declared to have a "waiter-off." Whatever that meant. She swirled her glass, tiredly staring down at the amber liquid. "If you guys are so desperate for a job I could always use more help at the bar. I could use a break." Aoki suggested. She's had her fair share of fights today and the idea of having an extra hand at the Bleeding Dragon meant she could finally have more breaks put into her schedule.

"The guy may be a legend but he's still human." Aoki snorted. Lu was getting to far ahead of himself with what he imagined Akashiro could do. Maybe he was right on some parts, since the man was considered to be one of the best martial artists. But it was still overly exaggerated.

A new voice was heard towards the front of the restaurant and Aoki turned her attention to the new figure in what was left of the doorway. She stared at the woman, waiting to see if this was going to lead to yet another brawl in the wreckage of the restaurant. The woman asked to join their makeshift group and Aoki nodded, raising the bottle above her head.

"Sure. No one wants to share with me anyways and I could use a drinking buddy."

farisea-dark.fraktur.png
IbDoRn3.jpg
Date/Time:
Tagging: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

The old man was speechless when Aline suddenly complained about employment. His blue eyes darted between her and Lu. Their youthful energy surged from them like a whirlwind and sapped his own energy, making him feel his age. Akashiro groaned softly at Lu’s excited outburst. Was this what his life was going to be like if he hired those two? Not one quiet day in the restaurant. The old fighter’s eyes narrowed when Lu shared with everyone his rather…colorful imagination. A dragon? Really? Was that what the young kids smoke about these days?

As a young, punkish woman sauntered through the cracked and gaping door, Akashiro looked her way, and for a moment said nothing. While she pretended to observe the place, he returned the observation suspiciously. There was a logic war waged in his mind. He had no reason to be suspicious of the girl. She was most likely a citizen of Kinrin and when placed in that category they were ALL equally suspicious.

“Welcome,” Akashiro finally greeted as Aoki invited her new drinking buddy to take a seat. It was in that moment that he remembered Musa still lying paralyzed on the floor. Akashiro reached down and jabbed his fingers into the side of Musa’s neck as a white ki coiled about the old man’s fingers and disappeared like wisps into his skin. Akashiro righted himself in his chair as Musa’s eyes rolled back from being at the back of his head and turned to go get his new customer a bowl of ramen and a fresh beer.

Musa groaned as he sat upwards. His head weakly tipped forward as he rested his right arm upon his propped right knee. “Ugh…why does everyone like kickin’ my ass?” he grumbled. While he might have seemed stunned, he demonstrated just how cognizant he was of what had happened around him. Grasping the edge of the table, Musa sluggishly rose to his feet, feeling the aches and pains from what felt like an entire day of getting beat. With his hand still posted on the table, he leaned upon it as he cast his eyes upon Lu and gave him a suspicious frown. “You said you’d give me free money? Why? What if I used it to buy a gun to shoot up a bunch of people I don’t like or somethin’? You don’t even know me.”

Akashiro returned to the table, Musa stepped aside to get out of the old man’s way as he continued to fatten his weary guests. Musa’s attention shifted to the ramen bowls. He wouldn’t have minded trying some, but then he had already eaten that day. I don’t want to get fat, Musa mused—suddenly health conscious.

Njxp7XC.jpg
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight Tiramiisu Tiramiisu @Zamasu _Line 213 _Line 213 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

"I don't need to know you to give you money, doofus." Lu laughed, slurrping up some tea as he did. "Once I give you the money, its up to you with what you decide to spend with it." Lu shrugged. "I mean, unless someone really crossed you the wrong way I don't think you'd be begging to get a job here." Lu stretched, cracking some bones as he did so and letting out a relieved sigh after he relaxed.
"If you're taking applicants too Aoki, I'll gladly join your bar! I can work nights if Old Man over there gives me day shifts." Lu grinned, pointing on over at Akashiro.

Lu clapped his hands, picking up his $400 and slapping it into Musa's hands. "I hope whatever you're gonna spend the money on you spend it wisely. Other than that, what's your name anyway? Mine's Lu!" Lu pointed at himself with his thumb, smiling at Musa as he did so like an idiot would to anyone.

9VZL10it.png
Race:
Human
Date/Time: January 1, 2025, 2:30 PM
Tagging: Everyone at Akashiro's
"Sure. No one wants to share with me anyways and I could use a drinking buddy."

"Score! I get to day-drink with a babe!" Dai barked, skipping over to the table and flipping over a turned chair to sit next to the woman. She acknowledged the old man's welcome with a quick 'thanks'. His jab to the unconscious man intrigued Dai. "Oh.. that's some skill ya got there ol' timer." Her crooked smirk still plastered on her face. "Name's Dai, by the way. Let's all get along, yeah?" She stuck a thumb towards herself as she introduced.

She grabbed the pint of beer and raised it towards her drinking partner. "Cheers to day drinking and new friends!" She laughed and clinked her glass with hers before gulping down half the pint. Dai sighed in satisfaction, a frothy mustache above her top lip as she placed her drink down and grabbed her chopsticks. "Itadakimasu!" She said before slurping up the noodles.

"Uwahh--! This is good!" Her mouth full as she exclaimed. Her expression twinkled, clearly impressed by the taste. After a few more loud slurps and chews, she slowed down to ask, "So.. tell me what happened! Who made a mess of this fine establishment?"

Rookie_Headshot.png
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight , Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi , Tiramiisu Tiramiisu , Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , sprouhtt sprouhtt , RI.a RI.a

The man's acceptance made her a little nervous, yet the lingering taste of good food in her mouth offset her fear of challenge. If she wanted to be in here, amongst warmth and proper food, then she needed that job. Just like before, the circumstances were dire--though maybe not quite to the same degree.

"A-Alright! Fine then! We'll do it!" she shouted back, immediately going back to shovel more food into her mouth, as if somehow the dish would help her mentally prepare herself. If it were possible to be fired-up and fearful at the same time, Aline exemplified such a state perfectly, her sheer awareness of her overwhelming nervousness somehow keeping the worst parts of such feelings away, at least for the time being.

At the same time, the more she ate, the more she felt her mind wandering toward the old man who had fixed them all this food in the first place. There was something strange about him; the way that he carried himself, the way that he spoke to people--as far as she could tell, none of that seemed to be the sort of demeanor carried by any old chef. Maybe his cooking was famous? No, that couldn't be it; what little she overheard of the others talking about him seemed a little too outlandish for something that simple, not to mention that he seemed to know quite a lot about fighting and the like, at least more than Aline did (though that, as she was now painfully aware, was a rather low bar to cross)

Maybe people in this fighting-crazed city were just like that.

As Aline fell further and further into her thoughts, she failed to notice that she had stopped eating entirely, instead staring at reflected light swimming on the top of her soup. She hadn't even shown the old man proper thanks for his spur-of-the-moment lesson, and here she was eating his food. Sure, she had helped clean up a bit, but that didn't really seem like enough, seeing as she was (kind-of) one of the people that wrecked the place. In a way.

The more that she thought about it all--the fighting, the restaurant, the lesson, and her fear of going back out into the cold--the less energetic and hungry she felt. For several minutes, the girl's actions dwindled to little other than picking at the quarter-portion she had left, the divine taste of the dish failing to be enough to let her finish. She took in a deep breath, letting it emerge in the form of a long sigh as she watched Akashiro roll away from the table, heading to the kitchen.

...Okay. When he gets back. I'll say something.

The few-minute wait felt like an eternity and a day, and Aline's hunger dwindled all the while as she continued to space out. It even took her a few moments to realize that the old man had returned to the table, prompting the girl to purse her lips slightly. She nearly had to force herself upward, circling around to the elder's side of the table with equal effort as she came to a stop near him.

"Hey, u-um," she forced out, reaching a hand out to pat at the top of her head, "I just wanted to, um...say thanks for what you did back there, and um...sorry for getting in the way a bunch." She bowed lowly and briskly, holding the pose as she felt the earlier weight begin to lift itself from her shoulders. It seemed so simple in hindsight, just saying something like that, and the man himself didn't seem all that scary up-close. As she returned to her former height, she smiled a bit, already beginning to feel some of her earlier happiness return to her as she propped her hands on her hips. "Akashiro, right? 'Cause the restaurant and stuff...I'm Aline, I dunno if I ever said it. Your cooking's real good, so, um...thanks for that too!"

It was clear as day that the girl had no idea who he was. Her earlier apprehension had dissipated, and the man's storied name rolled off of her tongue with a casual nature that would have made any tournament historian gasp in anger and terror.

IbDoRn3.jpg
Date/Time:
Tagging: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Musa listened to Lu, but his listening stopped hard and abrupt at the playful warrior’s insult: doofus. The tanned fighter’s brows crashed together as he glared at the happy-go-lucky…what the fuck was he on any way? He was so dumb. It was too easy. He was actually going to give him 400 credits. Was he raised sheltered? Musa said nothing. He waited for the loud pony-tailed chump to finish acknowledging everyone else, and as soon as he presented him the 400 credits, Musa took the money and left. He didn’t even answer Lu’s question. The striped fighter walked over to his fallen hoodie, scooped it off the splinter and glass-covered floor and walked straight out of the restaurant, earning Akashiro’s glare as he left.

Akashiro then frowned at Lu. “Why would you do something like that for that kind of a person?” He then rubbed the back of his neck as he thought aloud, “I mean, I can’t really think of anyone in Kinrin deserving of such charity at the moment.”

Until, unknowingly to him, that person rose from her seat to thank him for his lessons and food. Akashiro’s blue eyes lingered on Aline for a moment before they wandered off to the side. “You have a long way to go, but you’re closer than what I’m sure any of us expected,” Akashiro told her, commenting on her fighting style. “And yes, I am Koizumi Akashiro and that is why my restaurant earns so much negative attention. I was once upon a time the strongest fighter in all of Andromeda for thirteen years straight, and then I had an accident. And that’s why I’m in this chair.”

He was modest about what had happened not blaming Noblesse or the government, or anyone. Only himself. “You should sit down and enjoy more of this ramen, Kid. Life is short, and when you’re as old as me, being the strongest doesn’t matter much anymore because the world just moves on without you. If you and the Lunkhead (Lu) want to serve food at my restaurant, then so be it. Just enjoy every day.”

Akashiro looked over at Dai as she cheered and asked about the state of the restaurant. He didn’t seem too interested in telling every customer about what had happened. “There was a scuffle here, but it’s all over now.”

He rolled over to the kitchen and went inside to retrieve a broom to start sweeping up the debris. He wasn’t expecting to make anymore money for the day, and there was a lot to clean up before nighttime.

Njxp7XC.jpg
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025.

Lu smiled over to Akashiro. "A person isn't measured by their upbringing, they are measured by their deeds in life. That's something my father told me when I was a kid. Even if he was a criminal, I'd still be kind to him either way. That's just how it's supposed to be!" Lu sat back down, slurrping up the final bits of his ramen until he heard the words that he never thought would come out of the old man's mouth. Choking on the last bit of noodle in his throat, he coughed and banged on the table lightly, his eyes wide and his face burning red. Gulping down a large amount of tea, Lu wheezed in confusion..

"YOU?!?! YOU'RE AKASHIRO!? THE AKASHIRO!?!??! I'VE BEEN EATING AT YOUR RESTAURANT THIS WHOLE TIME!??! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!" Lu hopped up excitedly. "I can finally ask you about how to create a martial arts style! This is PERFECT!!!" Lu kept jumping up and down like a child, hollering and yipping crazily.

Lu as customary in his excitement, began to break-dance in the restaurant, his arms holding himself up as he spun himself around multiple times, before lowering himself to spin on his back, kicking himself back up into the air he flipped once before landing on his feet. "YYEAAHH! Now I'll get to work for the old-man and get to create my own style!"

Name: Alexander Matte
Aura: Light Green
Tagging: Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Tiramiisu Tiramiisu The Black Knight The Black Knight
_Line 213 _Line 213 sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

"Apologies, I am not familiar with the name Akashiro, not surprising as I didn't involve myself with any of the combat specifics when I first started practicing Martial Arts" Alex chuckled softly "In fact, when I first started studying, if it didn't have any relation to medicine, I didn't pay much attention to it at all" he then turned his eyes to Lu's excited dancing "In my experience, I've found it very easy to create my own personal style with with the opposite being true for mastering it. I still have much to study, I've got a few ideas but nothing concrete at the moment. Experiencing proper battles has given me a greater understanding of myself"

"If I am being too forward, then my apologies," he said to Akashiro "but I would be interested in taking a look at your injuries. At my level, I may not be able to do anything significant but I could at least relieve any pain or problems you may be having" not to mention that an injured, yet powerful martial artist was an exceptional thing to study. He wondered how the inner Ki interacted with injuries. From his previous studies, anyone with even a decent control over their internal energy found it much easier to bounce back from greater and greater trauma.

farisea-dark.fraktur.png
IbDoRn3.jpg
Date/Time:
Tagging: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a WeaselThor WeaselThor

Akashiro shook his head at Lu. He didn’t comment on his father’s teaching. If he chose to live by them, then that was his path to take. After his explanation to Aline, the old man’s attention returned to Lu when the fighter started choking to death on ramen. He hesitated to assist him, watching as he desperately grasped his cup of green tea and started gulping it down. Akashiro frowned at Lu when he exuberantly exploded.

“Do you have to be so loud?” Akashiro grumbled. Lu was short a few bails of hay if he hadn’t realized that he was THE Akashiro. Very few people had his last name in Andromeda. When Lu revealed his desires, the old man turned his cheek dismissively. Another one seeking his teachings…he would have to disappoint him. When Lu started dancing about, a vein pulsed on Akashiro’s forehead before he roared, “WILL YOU SIT DOWN!”

Calming, Akashiro growled, “You’re like a hyperactive child. If you have all that energy left after a fight, then you didn’t try hard enough!”

At Alex’s explanation, Akashiro side-glanced him with a wrinkled nose. “No,” he then abruptly responded to Alex’s request. “I am not in pain. I feel nothing.”

Grasping the wheels of his chair, Akashiro turned his back to the rest of the dining crew. “As soon as you all are finished, then those who want to work for me should start cleaning this place up.”

Meanwhile…

hd9KWEl.jpg
4jG2lu2.jpg

From left to right: Ieiji and The Emperor

Aniki! ANIKI!

Neiji was resting in a hospital bed, the side of his jaw that had been melted in the fire patched up. Sitting at his side and lying half-proned over top of him was a white-haired, tattooed fighter who was crying over his brother. The fighter was Neiji’s younger brother Ieiji. Unlike his aniki, he was the more emotional fighter.

“Who did this to you? Who did this so I can avenge you!?” he demanded, his hands shaking from the rage that flowed hotly through his veins. Five other Deathstalkers were gathered in the room, observing the aftermath of whoever had fucked up one of their most lethal fighters.

Who could have done this? one Deathstalker whispered.

I heard he was last at Akashiro’s, another answered.

Do you think Akashiro did this?

Ieiji gazed over his shoulder at the two gossipers. A blue energy had engulfed his eyes and began lashing out like tongues. His face was contorted in anger as he growled, “Akashiro…that old cripple? You think he did this to my brother?” He then bellowed, “Are you calling my brother WEAK?”

The Deathstalkers shrank beneath Ieiji’s violent spirit. “Uh-uh, n-no Ieiji-san! We-we were just wondering is all. Neiji was last reported to have been at Akashiro’s carrying out a job, so we were thinking-”

“Akashiro is a has-been! My brother would have wiped the floor with him! Who’s there now? Why didn’t we send more guys!?”

The Deathstalkers stared speechlessly at the enraged younger brother. Not liking the silence, Ieiji roared, “NRRAAAGH!”

He rose from his chair and turned toward the room exit. “I’m gonna go there now and finish the job!” He then violently swung his arms at the thugs to clear them out of his way. As soon as the suited thugs parted, another thug stood in his path holding between his hands an elongated screen. On the screen was the Deathstalker Emperor. Ieiji paled at the sight of the Deathstalker Boss, took a startled step back, and immediately knelt. The other Deathstalkers in the room bent at the waist and didn’t dare raise their heads. The boss’s eyes motioned to bedridden Neiji. For a few seconds, he said nothing just examining his injuries. His attention then lowered to Ieiji.

“And where were you going in such a rage?” the Emperor asked.

Ieiji nervously answered, “I was going to Akashiro’s to finish what Neiji started.”

“Neiji wasn’t assigned to that mission. Hideki was and because of his failure, Neiji got involved. As much as I’d like to believe that Akashiro is strong enough to fend off ten of my best men, I don’t believe it. He had help,” he deduced. “You won’t be going to Akashiro’s. I already have someone there collecting what she can about what happened. I want you to compete in the Underground Tournament. We’re hosting it this year, and I will make sure that those who did this to your brother compete as well. You will be able to deal with them as you see fit. The law won’t touch you.”

Ieiji’s bottom lip trembled and he clenched his eyes closed as tears spilled from them. “Thank you, Boss!”

Neiji’s teal eyes cracked open as a hoarse breath left his mouth. Ieiji’s head snapped upward. His eyes were wide and mouth fell open. He first looked to the Emperor for permission and the Emperor nodded. Whirling around to his brother’s bedside, he grasped his blankets and exclaimed, “Aniki, aniki!”

Neiji’s eyes rolled over to rest upon Ieiji who was smiling in relief. With another groan, the teal-haired uttered one word, “Crybaby…”

Ieiji’s mouth fell open and the bowing Deathstalkers snickered softly. Slowly straightening, the white-haired fighter’s fists clenched and ignited in a blue blaze. He hated being called a Crybaby. Neiji would always beat him and call him that. Even so, tears tumbled from Ieiji’s burning eyes. “Boss…I will enter the tournament and win. The floor will be covered in so much blood that there won’t be enough mops to clean it all up.”

“Hmph,” the Emperor laughed behind a smirk. He then looked up to the Deathstalker holding his screen. “Call Dai and tell her to return.”

Ha!” the Deathstalker acknowledged.

“At least your brother is still alive. A mercy…but a mistake. I’m sure when he recovers, he will want to exact his own vengeance.”

The call ended. The electronic scroll was closed and pocketed. Once the Emperor was out of the room, Ieiji slowly turned his head over his shoulder. His blue eyes were shrunk and the whites littered with red veins. “Who the fuck laughed?” he asked ominously.

The Deathstalker thugs tensed and immediately scrambled for the room exit. As the room cleared out, he returned to his seat, scowling at his brother who had fallen back to sleep. I want to smother you with a pillow, he thought. But the Emperor would have known that it was him who had killed him. Instead, he sat there fuming.

take-cover.regular.png

GM Note: Your character has received an invitation to participate in an Underground Tournament hosted by the Deathstalker gang. The tournament takes place at a decommissioned railway station on the outskirts of the Kinrin District. The hidden purpose of the tournament is to discern who all the fighters were who defeated several Deathstalker gang members. Some Noblesse scouts will be there, but very few. Most Noblesse members refused to be seen at a tournament of grunts. If you choose to participate, the GM needs to know. If you choose not to participate, then that is not an issue as long as you occupy your character with a supporting role.

Last edited:
33fbc11e50bf0d8ec182a22a9a9ea89b.jpg
Name: Sogen Toguro
Aura color: Emerald green
Date/Time: January 1st 2025.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight

A sound akin to a car crash filled the rather large equipment filled room as Sogen slammed into the padded iron plate and forced the giant spring behind it to compress almost all the way to the wall. He then rolled to the side to avoid. The springs snapback moving shockingly gracefully for such a big man, though that was due to his having done this particular exercise many times prior. A few men in suits stood nearby watching him work, His Aides and his armed guards. They took care of his needs, acted as his drivers, his budget balancers, even his diet coordinators. Leaving Sogen to focus on what mattered his training and his career. He felt like he was close to ready, he felt better than he ever had before, much stronger than his first attempts at the tournaments. His defeat still plagued his mind to this day, it was so humiliating.

He had just made it to his custom heavy duty deadlift weight track when one of his handlers handed him a letter already opened for him of course, sausage fingers didnt do well on delicate tasks. As he read over the details he couldnt help but smirk. It was like divine providence, here he was training for a tournament and the perfect means of preparing was just handed to him. "You know my reply...open my schedule, cancel anything that may get in the way." he said in a commanding tone. The man simply nodded his head and folded the letter under his arm and went to do the work. Meanwhile he turn to the weight dial up to nearly a ton and a half and set the bar on his shoulders. As soon as it was there he called out to the man once more. "And call in an order from Akashiro's...the usual." again the man nodded but this time he gestured for another to follow him, after all bringing toguro his lunch was a two man job.

Last edited:
Rookie_Headshot.png

"He's...who?" Unlike Lu, Aline merely seemed confused, the man's reputation remaining completely unknown to her. Sure, the boy had been rather...excitable, over the course of their brief contact, but the foreigner couldn't possibly pinpoint a reason for him to be acting the way he was. She reached up, ruffling her hair with a confused grimace as she attempted to put two-and-two together. As far as she could tell, the old man had been someone important--probably a fighter--at some earlier point in his life.

His reaction--and, indeed, his current state--was something of a puzzle, too; something rather drastic must have happened to cause him to not only disown his prior life, but end up in a wheelchair as well. Of course, that wasn't the sort of thing that one simply asked about in polite company, but the flame of interest had certainly been lit.

...Either way, Aline reasoned, I'm just here for a job right now.

There was much she felt she could have asked about, but, unlike Lu, seemingly, she knew when she was pushing it. Letting out something of a reluctant sigh, she went back to her plate for the time being, finishing off what she could before Akashiro gave those seeking employment the request to clean everything up.

---

Date/Time: January 9, 2025, Afternoon
Current Jam: Mambo No. 5

With a flourish, Aline presented a waiting couple with two fresh plates of noodles, the momentum carrying her onward to the next table as she spun her skates around to salute them. "Enjoy you two!" she said with a chipper grin, flicking herself back around to pull a finished plate up from a nearby table, only to stack another plate atop the first as she approached another table, taking both around to the dishwasher with a grace sooner expected from a ballet dancer than a waitress--this, if anything, was probably the least surprising thing about her bussing method.

For the past few days, she had been waiting tables "American-style," as she called it, following a great amount of hassling with Akashiro regarding a thirty-credit advance to buy a set of wheels. It was flashy, but it was also surprisingly efficient--after, of course, she had insisted on rearranging the table layout a little bit to make things a little easier for her. "The novelty of it will drive orders through the roof!" she argued at the time; though it was likely impossible to tell whether or not her antics had had an effect on the restaurant within the first few days (until the middle of the week, most of the new staff's work had involved fixing and redecorating the restaurant), a few of the more regular customers seemed to find the change of pace somewhat amusing. The best part, as far as Aline was concerned? She had managed to keep the whole thing up without dropping anything, at least so far.

At the very least, between herself and Lu, the restaurant had taken on a new semblance of life, a factor multiplied by their natural, youthful energy, and Aline's alternate music choices encouraging a less-than-dismal atmosphere. It likely wasn't all that bad beforehand anyway; Aline just figured she had a few potential improvements up her sleeve.

Re-emerging from the back, she coasted to a stop near another table, whipping out her pad and flipping a pen through her fingers before capping off her display with the quirky press of its spring. "Ready to order?" she asked, flashing another smile. Regardless of whether or not she was truly in her element, she at least fit her new role in the restaurant like a glove; with the amount of odd-jobs she'd taken on to fill the gaps in her prematurely-ended dancing career, she'd had plenty of practice. Their order went down in quick yet legible notation, and Aline stowed the pen away as she read the order back. "One seafood supreme, one griddled steak with ginger sauce, and two orders of crab dumplings, extra spicy?" she ripped the page from her notebook, clasping it between two fingers as she winked, already taking off. "Got'cha. You guys hang tight, alright?"

Another table. Passing by, she flicked up the payment tray and credit card, waving to the solitary, brooding man at the table. "Comin' back around!" She blinked as she glanced at the tray, noting a folded piece of paper underneath the card and the receipt. Even so, she stopped at the kitchen window, giving the bell upon it a light slap as she set her order slip beneath a paperweight just next to it. "Hey old man! Another order's in; hope you have more dumplings back there! They're going pretty quickly, huh?"

Turning her attention back to the payment tray, she made her way to the register, moving her hand to run the card, only to hesitate as she took another look at the folded note.

Setting aside her curiosity for the time being, she flicked the note off the tray for later, ran the card, and skated back over to the table. "See ya around, yeah?" she said, offering another smile to the customer as she returned his card and receipt. There was something...off about him, but that didn't meant that Aline was going to treat him any differently. After all, she figured, that would be bad for her wallet.

Her portion of the tables stabilized for a while, and so Aline returned to the register, her attention immediately turning to the note she had left behind. Once she had taken up the folded paper in her hands, she found herself once again seized with hesitation, just barely holding the first fold open before slowly unfurling the note the rest of the way. Once the initial line had been crossed, however, she scanned the note rather quickly, her brow furrowing further the deeper into the note she got. Surprisingly, the note wasn't addressed to her, but to the restaurant as a whole.

"...Who invites a whole business to a fighting tournament," Aline said, twisting her mouth to the side in an odd mixture of reflection and skepticism. Turning her gaze over her shoulder, she called for her counterpart; though it felt as if Akashiro should have been the first to know, there was no point in calling for him when there were fresh orders on the docket.

"...Hey, Lu? Can you come take a look at something real quick?"

Last edited:
Location: Psuedo Healing, Goraku District ------> Kinrin District; Akashiro's Restaurant
Tagging: Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Tiramiisu Tiramiisu The Black Knight The Black Knight
_Line 213 _Line 213 sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

Sweat dripped from Alex's face as he focused, thin threads of Ki stretching from his body to the small needles resting on the box before him. He'd been practicing this particular technique since the Deathstalker incident. It'd made him see the necessity for a greater range of attack. Slowly he passed his fingers over the needles, watching them vibrate gently as he tickled the threads.

Then he shot up the needles following suit, floating before him as if they were unaffected by gravity. With a grin, he twisted his fingers watching as the thin needles twisted around his body. He began to twist his body as he moved the needles, dancing in a flurry of well timed strikes, each needle moving through gaps in his movement as they jabbed through the imaginary opponent before him. As his body went through the motions, he continued to move the needles further and further away. When he reached about seven meters away from his starting spot he felt the connection between him and the needles begin to fail before they dropped to the ground.

He sighed as the tension flowed out of his body as he walked back over to the needles, picking them up and examining them "Five meters is the optimal range to fight with" he said softly. He couldn't extend the range further than that, no matter what he tried.

"I need some tea...and maybe something to eat" he said softly as he headed for the door, pausing only to pick up the mail and thumbing through it. A few bills, an add targeted towards martial artists (really, who tried to shortcut mastering ki?), and an...invitation?

Opening it, he found mention of some kind of Tournament, some form of illegal combat arena? Or maybe it was legal, martial artists could be complicated. Tucking it away, he headed out. It had been addressed specifically to him

It was a little while before he showed up at Akashiro's. When he walked in and saw Aline at the register, he smiled at her "Hello Aline" he said. He stopped by once in a while to enjoy their company as well as test his abilities when they weren't working.

Njxp7XC.jpg
Date/Time:
January 1, 2025.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight _Line 213 _Line 213 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire sprouhtt sprouhtt RI.a RI.a

Lu immediately shrunk to his seat when Akashiro yelled at him. Aye, he was probably being a child..His excitement knew no bounds sometimes, and Lu had just made his shoulder sore again from spinning around...But instead of whining he shut up quickly. "Sorry about that..." He would squeak out...Before he turned his attention to Alex.

"Continue to experience my own battles huh? I think that's a great idea...But I just don't have the basics down..I mean to stray away from the style I currently use so that I can put my Father's legacy to rest." Lu drank some more green tea, finishing his cup actually before setting it down neatly. "I'll get there, I'll create my own personal style one day. I just gotta keep figuring stuff out." Lu smiled happily once more, but this time, he saved the goofball dancing for later..

------------​
Date/Time: January 9, 2025, Afternoon

Lu's job was similar to Aline's, but he was much more of the handy-man. Taking care of everything that Aline couldn't at the current moment. And this was washing the dishes with a flare, squeaky clean dishes all filed away and ready to be used again whenever a new set of customers would barge in to eat at goold ole' Akashiro's. If not washing dishes; he would take orders, help Akashiro cook the food, sweep and mop the floors, clean counters, tables, and count the credits of the day. It was busy, but that's to be expected of any restaurant.

Good ole' Lu had settled down more as a worker for Akashiro, considering his non-stop excitement always made things a little too weird, Lu saved that side of himself for off the job. On the job, he was a chipper fellow whom brightened your day with a simple smile and a hello.

He made it a personal preference to get to know each customer; how their days were going, any troubles they've come towards, or anything they wanna talk about in general. It was how his father's restaurant worked as well, so bringing a little bit of his foreign knowledge helped the business of Akashiro some more. It made the place seem more alive, like the restaurant would welcome you with open arms.

The dishes that Aline just handed in were done in a flash "swish, swash, dunk again, suds suds, swish swash" was the way it worked. Squeaky clean would be the result of that regiment. Placing his hand-towel over his shoulder, Lu heard Aline call for him.

Hopping out the back of the restaurant, he slid over towards Aline, looking over her shoulder. "Whazzap! How are things going on the warfro-WOAH that's..Odd, a tournament? You'd think they'd just try and put the ad up on our wall so everyone could see it....Oh wait, its adressed to us.." Lu scratched his head. "Why would someone invite all of us?"

farisea-dark.fraktur.png
IbDoRn3.jpg
Date/Time:
January 9, 2025, 12:00 PM - Lunch Rush!
Tagging: Tiramiisu Tiramiisu Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi sprouhtt sprouhtt Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a WeaselThor WeaselThor Topless Topless Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Unlike Aline and Lu, Musa had been a bum, sitting at the counter facing the rest of the restaurant. His elbows were rested back on the countertop as he gazed through half-lidded eyes at Aline as she skated around the place. Mentally, he criticized her for the idea. What did she think the restaurant was a skatepark? And he imagined her dropping dishes or skating into someone. Surprisingly, the establishment was filled to the brim with tourists. Neither Akashiro or anyone in the Kinrin District could have seen that coming. Somehow the fight between mysterious vigilantes and the Deathstalker gang got out on the UTube. The videos went viral, and every tourist from around the world made it a game to see if they could survive the crime-infested streets of Kinrin to make it to the sanctum that became Akashiro’s restaurant where the vigilantes remained guard. Many of the tourists sat with black eyes, missing teeth, and some had probably been robbed. However, when they sat down at a table and slurped on a nice hot and spicy bowl of ramen, all of their past troubles and hardship seemed to melt away. Musa couldn’t believe it.

Musa turned an ear toward the back of the kitchen, hearing the clatter and clang of quickly cleaned and racked dishware. The old man had been so busy that he didn’t even have time to yell at anyone. Choosing to be the delivery boy hadn’t been a short straw after all. The doctor—Musa wasn’t really sure if he was a doctor or not—from last week returned. He, Aline, and Lu gathered around the register to gaze upon a message Aline had found during her chaotic roller blading. A dark shadow was suddenly among their encirclement, gazing through red eyes at the letter as Lu revealed, …a tournament?

The shadow vanished in a burst of dispersing wisps. Musa smiled impishly and leaned off the counter. “Tournaments mean money,” Musa informed the obvious. He then pointed at challenging finger at Aline, Alex, and then finally Lu. “I’m gonna whoop your ass, your ass, and most especially, your ass (Lu). No mercy. Since it’s being hosted by the Deathstalkers, it’s probably gonna be dirty. I hope Miss Roller Queen over there is ready to fight for her life.”

Just as Musa was running his mouth, the phone rang and his momentary enthusiasm dissolved as he was returned to the current bustling reality. Since he was the delivery boy, he answered the phone and rested it between his ear and his shoulder. “Akashiro’s, how can I help you Sir or Ma’am?”—he said dully.

“Toguro; who the hell is that?” Musa grasped the phone and yelled into the kitchen, “Ojii-san; a Toguro wants the usual!”

Akashiro stopped pulling noodles and seemed to slump in exhaustion. His teeth came together in frustration and determination as he thought about how many mouths he already had to feed. Just what he needed, a Yokozuna planning to visit.

“Ojii-san~!” Musa yelled like a child.

“I got it!” Akashiro shouted back. “I’m going to need as many hands as I can get in the kitchen!”

Musa returned to the phone and narrowed his eyes. He didn’t seem to excited about the kitchen duty. “He understood. Mhm, ja ne.”

Returning the phone to its base, Musa sighed in exasperation and gathered in the kitchen. From there, Akashiro handed out the orders. He pointed at Aline: “You! Continue take orders and wait on the customers. You have been doing a good job with that. Keep up the good work!”

He then pointed at Lu: “You! I’m entrusting you with the curry. I’m going to need you to make enough curry to fill a boat.”

Akashiro quickly removed a pen and pad from his flour dusted apron and scribbled down the recipe for Lu. Tearing the paper off, he handed the piece of paper to the fighter as though he were handing off an official scroll. Finally, he looked at Musa. The two glared at each other, having the roughest of relationships.

“I need you to prepare the rice. One bag ought to be enough.”

Musa’s brows shot up and mouth fell open. “A bag of rice? Whose comin’ over for a dinner? An elephant?”

“Worse,” Akashiro growled as he turned to face the noodle dough he had been pulling. “A Yokozuna.”

Musa scratched his head and then cracked a grin as he started heading into the back to wash some rice. “I gotta see this.”

Unknown location in the Kinrin District

The cement walls of a basement resonated with the multiple explosive blows of bare fists against a one ton bag. Swaying on a truck chain was an immense sausage of a bag. Dents covered its body as the white-haired fighter fed it punch after punch. He side-stepped and bobbed around it as it swung by and continued to rapidly pelt its dense form. Sweat dripped from his chin and covered his tattooed neck, arms, and chest in a light sheen. Around his hands, the sweat was dissolving, rising in a hot steam. Ieiji’s eyes were tiny and focused. His mind was trapped at his brother’s hospital bed, gazing upon the injuries dealt to him. What kind of fighters could have done such a thing to him? Neiji was hailed to be one of the strongest fighters in the group, but now…the corner of Ieiji’s mouth cocked deviantly. Now it’s gonna be me, he thought.

GM Note: This scene is open for Dai. Rai Rai

39087b698f8e4538d5629faa99c1cc58.jpg
Name: Kyou Nijimichi
Aura: Monochrome
Date/Time: January 9, 2025
Tagging: Open

Off a distance from the restaurant, a roaring sound of engine is heard. Kyou is seen riding his motorcycle towards Akarshiro's, of which he is a regular customer. Upon reaching the restaurant, Kyou parked his motorcycle up the front and looks up at the building. "As much as I heard, the restaurant had much more employees since last week. Even so, the restaurant is still the same." He thought before he walks inside. The door hits the bell, signalling the employees that a customer has entered. "Hmm...where's Akashiro-san?" He wonders.

9VZL10it.png
Race:
Human
Date/Time: January 9, 2025, 12:00 PM
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight
A mischevious smirk was plastered on Dai's face as she threw a bucket of cold water towards Ieiji. "Don't wanna overheat again, ani!" She cackled, doubling over laughing at the now soaked male. The cold water extinguishing whatever heat he emitted. She had been 'training' elsewhere, on the streets, alleys, and bars. She had been kicked out of a few restaurants and pubs the past week, but she could always go back in since the bouncers were terrified of her.

Her cheeks red and sore from laughing, she started to calm down, wiping a tear from her eye as she strode over to Ieiji. Both him and Neiji weren't related to Dai by blood. She referred to them as brothers because Dai was only a few years younger than Ieiji and they've fought alongside and with each other many times back in the day.

Her hand rested on the battered boxing bag. The leather ripped and falling apart, barely holding the sand together. "Think you need to give this thing a break. Whaddya say to a round? Just like old times?" Her head tilted back confidently, stepping towards the open space. "And maybe I'll tell ya who sent crybaby's brother to the hospital?" Dai taunted, clearly wanting to rile Ieiji up. Thought it had always been surprisingly easy.

Rookie_Headshot.png

It figured Musa would be the one to overreact. The word "tournament" had barely left Lu's lips, and already the itchiest trigger-finger in the restaurant had already gone ahead and set himself off. And if that weren't enough, he'd automatically assumed that everyone there wanted a piece of the action.

"Hey, hold on! You're gonna enter just like that? We don't even know anything about what might be going down! And if you say the money's dirty, then that's even worse!" she exclaimed, hands on her hips, "if we don't know where the money's coming from, who's to say that--if any of us win in the first place--none of this is gonna come back around and bite us in the ass or something, huh?" She huffed, now moving to cross her arms. "Honestly, it seems to me like you're just itching for any old excuse to get your knuckles bloody. And like Lu said! The fact that they invited everyone who works here is super sketchy; if it were just some sort of open call, there's no way they would have been that specific!"

It was clear that the girl was more than ready to admonish Musa further, but the sudden entry of a familiar face seemed to immdiately shift her into loftier spirits. "Oh hey! It's Doc!" she said, freeing herself from the counter as she drifted to the end of the bar, "take a seat wherever you'd like; I can have the usual sent out if you want!" Before she could continue, the sound of an order from the back room prompted the serving girl to glance over her shoulder. "...Oop, be right back," she said, giving Alex a wave as she slipped into the back room, "think it over, yeah?"

The others had just taken their places in front of Akashiro by the time Aline arrived. She hadn't been expecting to receive a compliment alongside her instructions--especially considering how hard-faced the old man tended to be the rest of the time. Grinning, she popped a salute. "You got it! Yes sir!" she exclaimed, her mood heightening further as she prepared for the stretch ahead. She hesitated briefly; there was a lot that she had to ask the old master about the potential fighting tournament, though maybe that moment wasn't the best time; that particular sentiment only became even more prevalent once Akashiro mentioned a boat-load of curry and a whole bag of rice. Her eyes widened slightly, and her gratitude regarding her position in the front became slightly greater in that moment.

"Hey, uh--whenever we're done, there's something we should probably talk about, Mister Akashiro," Aline said; considering the foreigner's usual casualness, the fact that she used his full last name with an honorific probably denoted something more serious. On her way out the door, however, she offered a wave. "But...later."

Aline stretched slightly as she emerged from the kitchen, taking stock of the other tables briefly. Things had more or less been as she had left them; with everything still squared away, she returned to Alex, knocking out a quick Shave and a Haircut call on the top of his chosen table. "So! What'll it be, huh?"

Untitled.pngName: Tsukiko Akashiro
Aura: Deep Crimson
Date/Time:
So many years, and yet no results. Every time she came back to her uncle’s joint, she was reminded that she was still unable to find any leads on the one that orchestrated her uncle’s permanent affliction. How could it be? Every case she had worked on had a few dead ends, but there’d always be a factor or two that was out of place, a thread that her colleagues and her could tease out and unravel the whole thing from top to bottom. But this case was different. The higher ups were keen on closing it, and her insistence was beginning to wear on their patience. It wouldn’t be long now before they tried to send her to another department. That, in and of itself, was pretty suspect. The way they wanted it swept under the rug was strange. She rubbed her chin in thought. There was no way the Noblesse was untouchable. Even if the chiefs were intent on hiding the truth away, she would bring it to light.

Though she was off duty for the day. She should put her work aside for the moment. The queue to Akashiro’s was as busy as usual. Lots of people looking for good food to eat. She chewed on her sandwich as she sauntered past the throngs of people, pushing her way through. There were some objections, but most of them were silenced once they caught sight of the eyepatch across her eye and the scar badly hidden behind it. She had to give her scar some credit- it certainly had a flair with shutting people up.

She peered into the restaurant, and saw, to her dull surprise, that there were a few too many happy helpers than usual. Sheesh, get knocked out for a few weeks from overwork and things really change. She ought to watch her uncle more. He’s been bringing in kids from everywhere nowadays, it seemed. She apologised quietly to the people in front of her before pushing her way through, and walked straight in, scanning the crowd. Seems like Uncle wasn’t part of the floor staff. Must be behind then. She rubbed her neck and grimaced. She didn’t like going behind to the kitchen. It was too cluttered, and she was not the kind of gal that had the correct amount of eyes to walk around in such a claustrophobic area. Still, her uncle WAS busy, so she might as well wait out the rush hour. The New Year’s wishes could come later.

She hesitated for a second. “Aw, what the hell. Might as well drop in now.” She strode towards the back, ducking under one of the new helps’ arms as they emerged, carrying another order. Stopping short just outside the door to the kitchen, she pushed it in slightly and glanced inside. Looked like Uncle was with the noodle dough. Someone else was working the rice, and another on the curry...and it seemed like a large order. Didn’t need a detective to figure out who was ordering that. That giant of a man was taking out, huh. Well, at least he had the decency for it, and he was paying for it. She wondered if she could help out with the delivery or something. Maybe she shouldn’t. There were already so many people here, and having a cyclops stumble around in there was bound to mess something up. She scratched her head and leaned against the wall beside the door, her grimace deepening. What should she do, what should she do?[/QUOTE]

Tagging: Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Tiramiisu Tiramiisu The Black Knight The Black Knight sprouhtt sprouhtt SASUGA SASUGA

"Just Green Tea for today thanks" Alex said smiling at her "Actually, I wanted to get an opinion on this letter" he held out the invitation he'd received "I was wondering if any of you here had received the same thing, before Musa so confidently called us all out" he chuckled as he shook his head "Normally I wouldn't participate in a contest such as this...but it may be a good experience" he had a lot of understanding about the human body but a lot more could be learned in the heat of battle "Besides, I've created a new technique that I'd like to put into effect" he paused when he caught something out of the corner of his eye. He looked towards the kitchen and saw a girl standing near the door "New hire?" he asked nodding towards Tsukiko. He wasn't an all the time regular so he wasn't familiar with everyone.[/USER]

farisea-dark.fraktur.png
IbDoRn3.jpg
Date/Time:
January 9, 2025, 12:00 PM - Lunch Rush!
Tagging: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire _Line 213 _Line 213 RI.a RI.a Topless Topless SASUGA SASUGA

Akashiro glanced over his shoulder at Aline, and frowned a little. It wasn’t a look she probably wasn’t familiar with, but she might have been able to tell that he internally was dreading her news. When she walked out of the kitchen, the old man sighed. The drama never seemed to end. This was what happened because he allowed some kids to work at his restaurant.

A moment after, his niece walked in. She was an elusive one, but her uncle was used to her unique presence. He didn’t rely on her aura to detect her, but simply his well-practiced senses. “Good. You’re here. I need you to prepare some tea. Our guest should be arriving soon,” he told her.

A black limo drew the attention of several car jackers who followed it closely behind on mopeds. The gangsters carried bats and chains, and waited for the vehicle to stop out front of Akashiro’s restaurant before they attempted to surround it. One of the thugs made a quick reach for the driver’s side door, and the door was harshly slammed into him. The thug staggered backwards as the black-suited driver stepped out. With fists balled, he marched right up to the carjacker and gave him two swift crosses to the jaw, grabbed him by the shirt, and jerked him down as his knee slammed against his abdomen. With a hoarse gasp, the thug fell to the floor. The second jacker charged the driver as he calmly walked around the front of the vehicle. The passenger door opened in the jacker’s path and before he could drive into it, another suited man jumped out and leapt into the air. He executed a spin as his right leg swung in a circle and the heel struck the second jacker in the jaw. The jacker fell to his back on the sidewalk, and the bodyguard reached down to grab him up by the collar and arm, and throw him over the limo. The thug soared over the roof with a yelp and landed in the street.

With the path into Akashiro’s cleared, the two suited bodyguards stood next to each other as an immense man stepped out of the vehicle. He was dressed in a navy-blue smart suit, custom tailored for his plus-plus-plus size. The man was over seven-feet and there was no question that he weighed a ton. The back and front of his neck pooled over the collar of his shirt in thick rolls, and his belly protruded several inches from his spine. His arms were as thick as trees and his hands as thick as lobster claws. His black hair was styled neatly in a man-bun behind his head. The giant had to turn sideways and duck to fit through the restaurant door and even that was a squeeze that his bodyguards helped assist.

Musa, who had been boredly watching the rice cooker, heard the restaurant bell and turned to see the colossus. A grin cracked on his face as he watched him squeeze through the door. Even with him being incarcerated for nine years, any native to Andromeda would know who that man was.

“Wow, the mayor eats here?” Musa more said in amazement than inquiry. He then noticed the silver-haired chick (Tsukiko) and blinked. She was standing in the kitchen so she had to be an employee, but…since when? He hadn’t ever seen her before. Glancing between her and the old man, Musa’s eyes narrowed with suspicion. Are they related? he mused.

Kenichi Zuna, the Mayor of Andromeda, led the way over to a private room where he and his bodyguards could sit traditionally upon the floor (since no average chair could support his weight). Once seated there, they waited patiently for service. Musa walked from the kitchen over to Aline and Alex still smiling immaturely.

“You ready for this?” he asked Aline. “Can you even carry the plates when they’re ready? They’re not gonna be small.”

Alex held up the letter and Musa’s brows rose in surprise. “What? Even you got one?” He didn’t expect him to be invited. "Yeah, we got invited. Aline is all butt-hurt about it too. It doesn't matter if it's fishy, you just kick ass and claim the prize money. Win, lose, or no show, after that fight we had, I bet we're on the Deathstalker's shit-list and this is their way of making it at least somewhat fair (and public)."

He followed Alex's eyes over to Tsukiko. “I guess so. I’ve never seen her before in my life.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back