• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Bad Influences [still accepting!]

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

3eb1233e57b95f0e80096ef8cddc8ac2.png
country-aesthetic-image-about-pink-in-inspiration-photography-1997.png
pin-sofia-foret-on-adventure-awaits-in-2018-autumn-fall-country-aesthetic.jpg
country.jpeg

Rules

1. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off. (ha.)
2. No rushing people for replies. I'd like this RP to last and people hate being rushed. But at the same time, I want this roleplay to be active, so if you aren't going to be active,please do not express interest or make a CS. I get that things come up, that's not what I'm talking about.
3. Quality over quantity. No one liners. There is a 2 paragraph minimum per post.
5. This is first come, first serve. You must tell me what role you want when you express interest.
6. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules.
7. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.
8. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.
9. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.
10. There WILL be a discord for ooc.

Plot

When most people think of country life, the first thought that comes to mind is peace.

Long, winding roads lead to houses where the nearest neighbor is acres away. The nearest store that isn't a mom and pop shop is probably a good thirty minute drive if not more. Straw hats, farmlands, and sweet tea made by ma are all things you can expect to see.

But what if there's more to the story? What if there's more to things than the beautiful houses, perfect families and white picket fences show? Behind closed doors, country folk have the same problems as the inner city.... drugs, abuse, adultery, cheating, rumors, jealousy, and so much more. Negativity is alive and well, even in a place where the honeysuckle grows.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

About

So this roleplay was inspired by a few different things. The two songs posted, a tv show, a roleplay I'm in now. So first and foremost THANKS to ALL of those things and to those people!! Giving credit where it is due, because lord knows it's not an original idea.

So from reading the description, you might have guessed it's about family d r a m a, only out in the country. There will be one main family, and as many side roles/friends of the family as people can handle. (Note: I don't mean side roles to mean those roles mean less than the family, not at all).

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL.

The twist is that there will be a second family, who just moved to the country from the inner city for whatever reason. What kind of trouble and drama will they bring with them? What kind of trouble and drama will the country family/friends bring to the table? Who's really the bad influence here?

-Family One, the country family-
Dad (in his 50's or so, if he exists)
Mom (in her 40s or 50s, if she exists) [reserved by Lizy Lizy ]
Oldest Child (male) (20's) [reserved by taliaangeni taliaangeni ]
Second Oldest Child (female) (late teens/early 20s) [reserved by erzulie erzulie ]
Third Oldest Child (male) (mid-to-late teens) [reserved by eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch ]
Fourth Oldest Child (female) (early to mid teens) [reserved by A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba ]

-Family Two, the city family-
Dad (in his 50's or so, if he exists)
Mom (in her 40s or 50s, if she exists) [reserved by A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba ]
Oldest Child (female) (20's) [reserved by Lizy Lizy ]
Second Oldest Child (male) (late teens/early 20s) [reserved by chou chou ]
Third Oldest Child (female) (mid-to-late teens) [reserved]
Fourth Oldest Child (male) (early to mid teens) [reserved by Meme Machine Meme Machine ]

-Family Friends-
1. A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

So I offset the genders to make it even and kinda fun, hopefully. If you really wanna change the gender, you have to ASK ME FIRST.
If you want a non-family role, you have to TELL ME FIRST. (Seriously, just tell me who they are, I don't bite, lol)
I'm open to any questions!

code by goldieloxx

Last edited:
I’ll take the second oldest for the first family. Is it cool if she’s adopted? apolla apolla

ooh, yes, good twist!

I'm interested in the second family's oldest child!

HI HELLO I'm super interested!!! can i be the oldest boyo of the country family?

Can I reserve the oldest for the first family?

if Saturnah Saturnah wants the oldest of the country family as well, I can take maybe the third oldest instead ;w;

I'll mark you guys down!!

Interested in second oldest city kid

added!

I'm interested in the second oldest Daughter in the first family and the mom of the second family.

hey, i just wanted to verify-- do you want the youngest child (who would be the second oldest daughter) or the second oldest child? i ask bc the second oldest child has already been reserved. i did mark you down for the mom role, though, and don't forget you're welcome to be friends of the family as well!

What area of the country are we thinking? Appalachia, midwest, deep south? 0:

i hadn't decided exactly where yet! i was thinking somewhere in the country area of oklahoma, though.

apolla apolla
Yeah, that's right. I said that really Awkwardly. 🤦
I'm totally interested in playing a friend of the first family. Probably someone around the age of the oldest children. If that's alright.

apolla apolla
Yeah, that's right. I said that really Awkwardly. 🤦
I'm totally interested in playing a friend of the first family. Probably someone around the age of the oldest children. If that's alright.

XD no worries!

So because I'm slow (sorry LMAO) you want the mom and a friend now? not a daughter? or the daughter too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back