• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bad Dreams

SkyeTheLimit

Lurker (Accurate)
That which is good is often forgotten, that which is bad is often hidden. It was roughly 30 years ago that our nation, Cedreau, could start recovering from an all-consuming war plaguing the land. 50 years of agony, 50 years of endless torment under the iron of our oppressors. The war was won, our oppressors laid broken at our feet. Or so we thought…

While the world recovered by the unity of men, some are still trapped. Unable to release themselves of the chains that were supposedly shattered years ago. Mentally broken, these individuals are the final attempt at breaking our nation from the inside. Nightmares of the past, lingering echoes keeping the oppressors alive. Dead, but not forgotten. They still hold their ground, yet on a different battlefield…

The Dreamweaver Foundation will once more take the war to their fronts. Eliminating the night terrors by entering the dreams of the tormented and ending the source of their trauma. We at Dreamweaver eliminate memories by confronting them in their world, not ours.

Erasing memory is inhuman? Maybe, but so is suffering at the hand of something as elusive as nightmares.

- - - - - -

Introduction
Welcome, all of you. I hope my little tale above sparked the interest of some. If not, well, no harm done. Now on to the first issue, how do I describe this idea? It will be Fantasy in a post-modern world. By this I mean the Dreamweaver Foundation will have the advancement of technology down to a point where it is possible to consciously enter the dreams of other individuals. Yet, once inside the dreams magic comes into play, sort of.

Dreams aren’t bound by reality and logic, which is why this will have fantasy aspects. Inside dreams you will be able to alter reality to some extent, be it by shapeshifting, enhanced physique or casting magic through something I will refer to as Lucidity for now. Yet, these nightmares you’ll face have the home-field advantage. They’re nightmares, not bound by reality either, but rather by how the Dreamer experiences them during their night terrors.

- - - - - -

My goal for this is an episodic kind of setting, overcoming the challenges hiding within the nightmares of tormented people, with some downtime in between where it’s possible to interact with each other within the Dreamweaver Foundation. I will take control over the NPCs that shape the main story, but will also be open to any sub-plots and NPCs you wish to include for the sake of character development, world-building, what have you.

In the end I do have a quick disclaimer, I work full-time and work is taxing. I cannot promise I will be available every moment, nor do I expect any of you do be. Also, this will be my first time as a host, so by all mean give me constructive criticism on what I can improve throughout the story.

As for now, I think that’s about it for an interest check, yes? I will update and figure out how to set up an RP once this shows a promising amount of interest. Until then, well, I’ll be checking on this thread regularly.

Hi Skye,
Cool concept. I’m getting Inception vibes mixed with Fringe and a tiny bit of Rise of the Guardians, which, even if that wasn’t what you were going for, still seems fun.

Quick question: it sounds like advanced technology gets the Dreamweavers inside the nightmares, but the fantasy aspect is kind of an altered reality that allows the weavers to manipulate themselves and their surroundings while in the nightmare in a way that is impossible in the real world — is that correct?

Anyway, I am interested!
— Mot

You're correct, magic is not a real-world thing and their abilities come purely from the ability to alter dreams. The idea comes from lucid dreaming, the awareness that you're in a dream and thus able to control certain aspects, in this case quote-unquote magic.

You're correct, magic is not a real-world thing and their abilities come purely from the ability to alter dreams. The idea comes from lucid dreaming, the awareness that you're in a dream and thus able to control certain aspects, in this case quote-unquote magic.
Thanks for clarifying. I’m certainly intrigued. I can’t commit just yet, but I’ll keep watching this thread for developments. If I have the time, I may very well sign up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back