• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bad Blood (Mikayre)

Kakyoin

Official Nugget tester
Nyx had gotten home after having a pretty long and exhausting day. She stopped to pet her dog, Jinx, before slowly dragging her bag all the way to her bedroom. She tossed it onto her bed, opening the bag, which was filled with guns and other weapons. Nyx opened her closet, pushing past the clothing to open another secret door. She started to put her weapons neatly away, leaving only her dirty blade out. Once she finished, she went into her bathroom to get ready for the night. She stripped off her bloody clothes, tossing them onto the floor and started to clean herself up.

Nyx got out after about an hour. She turned off the water and that’s when she heard her dog growling at something. She quickly dried herself off the best she could, jamming on her pajamas before slowly stepped outside of the bathroom.

header1.gif
Lilac Montgomery
Outside the front door of her old home, she paced around after having knocked a few times. She'd been gone for a few years, and missed her old girlfriend dearly. Living out in the forest on the run was far from her preferred lifestyle. There was a dog barking at her as it'd seen her near the window, and she didn't know what to do. She'd originally tried shushing it, but it got louder the closer she was. Picking at her fingernails, she wondered if she should just find a hotel or somewhere to stay. Not like she had any money on her, but it wouldn't hurt to try, rather than bother her - what were they? Was she still Nyx's significant other? What if Nyx had found someone else? What if that someone else was in the house right now? That would be so awkward. She couldn't just wait outside the door like this, hoping Nyx would take her back in! What was she thinking?

Before the vampire could turn around to leave, the door opened and the light from the house fell onto Lilac, so she shielded her eyes. It was late out, too. What if Nyx didn't even remember her? Why couldn't Lilac think before she did anything? Lilac smiled nervously and adjusted her glasses.

divider1.gif

Nyx grabbed one of the knives she had laying around, that’s when she heard the knock. Normally, Jinx had never growled like that with any visitors. At least not one who wasn’t planning on harming them. She made her way into the living room swiftly, holding the back behind her back, tightly. She shushed her dog and told her to stay by her side. Nyx sighed softly, looking out the peephole. The person was standing a bit too far for her to make out who it was and it was too dark. She unlocked the door, swinging it open.

“Hello?” Nyx called out before freezing for a moment, her grip on the knife getting tighter once she had realized what was standing at her door. She wasn’t sure who it was just yet, but she could tell that they weren’t human. She cursed herself out in her head, the rest of her weapons were hidden and she didn’t have much time to run. “Can I help you?”

ezgif-1-c45944354f35.gif
Lilac Montgomery

"You don't remember me?" Her voice quivered - she knew that it might happen, but she wasn't fully comprehending it. How could Nyx not remember her? She had to get it together, it made sense Nyx might've moved on and forgotten her. Coughing, she forced a smile despite the tears threatening to spill. "I mean, you don't have to," she laughed nervously, "I would've forgotten myself if I did what I did to you to myself."

Overly emotional rant over, she stepped closer to the doorframe. "It's me, Lilac." She tried to ease some warmth and calmness into her tone. "We used to be girlfriends." One of her hands drifted over to the other and she began to pick at her nails again. "I don't know if we still are, and that's okay. I know I messed up. But, maybe I can fix it!" Her eyes took on a pleading look, trying to meet Nyx's gaze. "I'm unarmed. I won't hurt you. I won't hurt anyone."

She knew how dangerous she was. That's why she'd left. She wasn't going to let it happen again if she had any say in the matter. Which, she didn't believe she did, but she would surely try her best.

ezgif-1-960af0dcc1d9.gif

Last edited:
Nyx inched back slowly as Lilac got closed to her, thinking. She looked away for a quick moment, they knew each other? She snapped her head back to face her, making eye contact with her. This time, she refused to look away. As she got closer to the light, that’s when she recognized her. Before she could speak up, Lilac told her who she was. Nyx couldn’t believe them though, there was something off about her.

Nyx swiftly pulled the knife from behind her back, pointing it directly at Lilac. She knew it wouldn’t do her much damage, but it would certainly slow her down. She started to plan out how she would go about with killing it. How much time did she have to run inside her room? Could she even make it in enough time? She wasn’t sure. “Do you really think that I’m that stupid?” She chuckled, squeezing her knife tightly. Nyx couldn’t believe that someone had knew her well enough that they’d know about her ex. What creature could do that? A shapeshifter, but it would have to touch her, or Lilac. Which means she really was dead. This monster was just playing with her emotions. Her hand started to shake a bit as she thought about how she might’ve died.

Without a second though, Nyx tossed her knife at her. She quickly turned, a bit too quickly, and hit the floor. That didn’t stop her, as she forced herself up and ran to her room. Forcing her closet opening, then the secret door to grab a weapon. She was a bit panicked because she had left her door wide opened, hearing her dog growling loudly at the person. Nyx grabbed her gun that was filled with sliver bullets, shoving it into her pajama pocket. She also grabbed a machete to cut her head off just in case. She slowly started to make her way back to the front door, not knowing if she was still there or not anymore.

ezgif-1-c45944354f35.gif
Lilac Montgomery
"No, no! You're not stupid, Nyx!" She held up her hands as the knife was pointed in her direction. Her breath hitched as she realized Nyx planned to kill her. "I don't know what I can do or say to prove to you it's really me, but I really don't want to hurt you! I could never hurt you . . ." She narrowly dodged the knife as it was thrown at her. The knife dropped to the ground, and Lilac placed it inside the doorway on the floor. She couldn't enter the house without being invited in, so even though the door was wide open, she couldn't do much.

The dog was barking at her still, growling and yapping away. She had gotten closer to the doorway and was trying to pet the dog so it'd calm down, but it wasn't working still. It hadn't dawned on her that her being a vampire would change her physical components so she smelled differently. From the way Nyx looked at her, she must've had a supernatural aura to her as well.

It was so unfair that she was turned into a vampire. It's not like it was her choice, but it absolutely ruined her life. It's currently driving away the woman she fell in love with long ago. She caught a glimpse of Nyx coming back to the doorway, and began to talk again. "I don't know if you remember, but the day before I left you were planning to take me out to dinner for our anniversary. You told me to pick anywhere I wanted to go, and I told you I couldn't pick - you joked that you were going to take me to the worst restaurant in town if I didn't choose. That night, our house was broken into and I was bitten. I was in the kitchen when it happened. I couldn't see who bit me, they were wearing a cloak that obscured their face. I couldn't stay in a house with you after being turned - I didn't want to hurt you. The fact that I wanted to drink your blood revolted me more than I could handle. I became a monster. I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I didn't try and talk with you about it. I'm sorry I'm the monster in front of you. If you want me to leave, just say the word - I will. Don't," she choked back a sob, "don't kill me. Please. I promise I'll go if you want me gone. I promise."

It's not like she had much to live for. Society wouldn't accept her. But she wasn't ready to die. She should've prepared for the worst when she showed up. What was running through Nyx's mind? She didn't know how she could prove it was really her.

ezgif-1-960af0dcc1d9.gif

Last edited:
Nyx stood there, gripping her machete tightly, ready to defend herself. She was confused as to why she hadn’t come into the house to come get her and why she seemed so upset. She couldn’t wrap her head around it. As Lilac started to speak to her, reminding her of the day that she had left, her head began to pound. After a moment, her grip on the blade loosened until it slipped out of her hand, nearly missing her foot as it fell onto the floor. Nyx gripped her head, trying to think. All she could hear is her heart pounding, it felt as if it was going to pop out of his chest.

Nyx just couldn’t leave it. There’s only a few creatures that could’ve taken her memory, but that wouldn’t explain why she hadn’t come into the house to come get it. If they wanted her dead, wouldn’t they have done it? Were they trying to trick her? It would’ve been easier to kill her when she was feeling this way. Yet again, Lilac’s story did make sense as to why she hadn’t came in. She wasn’t able to come in. Nyx fell onto her knees, trying to fight away tears, “Y-you’re lying to me…” No creature she had ever met had begged for her not the kill them. Nyx slowly lifted her head up from her hands, glaring at Lilac, “What do you want from me?”

Jinx started to whine when Nyx hit the floor, going over to her. She rubbed her snout on her arm before facing Lilac again to try and defend her if needed to.

ezgif-1-c45944354f35.gif
Lilac Montgomery
Lilac jumped a bit as Nyx's other blade clattered to the ground and she began to hold her head. She wanted so desperately to hold Nyx and reassure her that it was okay. Her legs felt frozen, locked in place, as the divide between her and Nyx solidified itself in her mind. Why would she lie? Who had hurt Nyx so badly that Nyx's first instinct was that any stranger was lying to her?

It was her. She had to have been the one to have harmed Nyx by leaving - but what else could she have done? Could she have really stayed and remained stubborn against the cravings? It's not like she was any better with her cravings, she's just learned to deal with supplements that barely keep her going.

"I'm not lying," she sobbed as tears rolled down her cheeks, her eyes glistening. "I promise. I don't want anything from you for you to take me back in, but I should've realized that could never be a reality. I can go - I shouldn't have come back here. I'm sorry." She pushed a strand of her hair out of her face and looked around. The longer she was out here speaking with Nyx, the higher risk she'd get killed.

"I miss you." Lilac admitted sheepishly. "I miss cuddling, I miss cooking with you, I miss everything about you. I'm so, so sorry." The apologies were ceaseless, she really wanted to move away. But she was captivated by her ex lover's emotions - she wanted to make everything okay again. Why couldn't she make everything alright again? Why did she have to be a stupid vampire?

ezgif-1-960af0dcc1d9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back