• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern backrooms m/m literate rp

estra

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I’m looking for literate adults (18+) to roleplay with. NO minors, I’m not flexible with this.

TW: Backrooms, liminal spaces, dissociation, constant “wake up” phrases.

Everyday always felt the same to others. Wake up. Get ready. Go to work or school. Go home. Do homework. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. In a suburban neighborhood, everything looked similar. Though there were two people (our ocs) that strive to make life an an adventure. Having fun, going out, exploring more than what others had to offer. So when they get trapped in places in their dreams that stopped that, it becomes more and more serious.

They start to have the same dreams with both of them inside. It starts the same. They go to bed, and then wake up in a strange place. The backrooms. Each night they seem trapped in a new/new levels. The only way to make it stop is to beat every level, but there was a problem…with the danger, the realness, was that even possible? How long would it take for them to break? To not know what’s real and what’s a dream?

I have an oc that I would like to use and I’ll send his info when we message. He’s a young adult (18-19), deaf, has a horrible relationship with his dad, angsty, but also has a soft spot for his partner. I’d like to explore both of our ocs lives along with the plot!

Rules:

I only roleplay with adults. 17 and under DO NOT interact.

I’m looking for people who are literate! One-liners and small paragraphs aren't something I’m looking for.

I expect you to be active. Of course, we all have lives but being completely ignored is never fun. I get if you gotta do something, just please let me know.

Be lgbt+ friendly! The rp won’t be straight and I want my partner to be comfortable with that.

Looking for people who are okay with playing more than one character when need be.

Hope this interests you, feel free to reply if it does.

Hello! I'm really interested in this plot. I'm 21, a literate writer who writes an average of 4-10 paragraphs, possibly more if I'm very excited. I tend to write side characters in my posts, willing to double when I can. Reply won't be daily because I'm in college and almost always swarmed with assignments and projects. But I would reply every two or three days, possibly faster when I have the time or longer when I'm too busy with anything else. I'll be sure to talk often tho! What else? If you have anything else you might want to confirm, feel free to ask me!

Here is a writing sample if you need one! If it's too much, I can also tune it down a little ^^

London City, suburban area.

The night sky was overcast by the gloomy grey cloud, not allowing any stars or moonlight to seep through. This made the winding and dark alleyway in this place incredibly gloomy and ominous. Old and cramped buildings framed each side of this narrow alley. Along with the disgusting sewer odor and puddles of dirty water pooling up on the ground, it's clear to all that this is the back-alley or slum area of London where only the poor gathered.

Yet, at this time, a young man who clearly didn't belong to this area could be seen walking down the maze-like narrow alley. The young man was wearing a high-quality grey and black tailcoat suit, a pair of shining leather shoes, and a dark grey fedora hat that hid his eyes in the shadow. Furthermore, the man was also using a rather thick and long cane. From the get-up alone, the young man was clearly someone from the upper-class society, someone you'd never see walking down the slum area like this. It made him stand out like a sore thumb. Many beggars or homeless people along the road couldn't help but stare at him weirdly because of that. This young man is Alchere Baumann, the youngest child of the Baumann family.

Not to mention those people, even Alchere himself was questioning why he was here. Just a few hours ago, Mr. Edward Turner, his direct superior, send him a letter informing him of his next mission. The letter itself was very short. Only stating a location in the suburban area of the city where Mr. Turner would brief him on his mission. But it was passed on to him with great secrecy that quickly made Alchere realize the importance of it. The letter also stated for him to come to this location as lowkey and 'ordinary' as he could. He's not allowed to 'fly' through the air or used too much of his power to get there. But Alchere never expected that the meeting place would be in the slum. He's not familiar with the address written in the letter. But since it was issued to him in a lot of urgencies, Alchere didn't even bother investigating beforehand and just go with his usual getups. Even this was already his most low-key outfit. Now, due to his lack of information, he had violated the very rule of being 'low-key' and stuck out like a sore thumb here.

Internally, Alchere grumbled and complained at Mr. Turner's weird quirk again. This was not the first time that Mr. Turner had set up a meeting place that's both unexpected and bazzier. This middle-aged man had never once issued a mission in the headquarter, saying that it's more fun to have the meeting outside because they would be able to experience different things while they are at it. But this time, the meeting location was really out of Alchere's expectations.

Regardless of anything, Alchere grew up in a very high-class society where he could have the best of everything. At worst, Alchere would be drenched in the blood of his enemy during the battle. But then, not even a speck of dust landed on his clothes. Being stranded in a place like this, with the muddy pool of waters on the ground and disgusting odors wafting about, it's reasonable for him to be so uncomfortable. Just the smell alone made Alchere want to pull out his handkerchief and covered his nose with it. But doing so would violate the code of etiquette he had learned throughout his life. Thus, Alchere endured his discomfort and focused on navigating his way through the maze-like roads of the slum. Even so, his footsteps were clearly faster than ordinary people. Soundless and light to the point where not even a footprint was left behind. It was hard to discern due to how dark the surrounding was. Alchere was actually 'walking on air'. He refused to dirty his spotless leather shoes with the muddy water on the road. Doing this much was already his limit.

After twisting and turning a couple of times while also getting lost more than once during the whole process, Alchere finally arrived at the appointed location. By then, Alchere's face was already as gloomy as the overcast night sky. Mr. Turner better had a good reason for making him go through all this. Or else... Alchere let out a small sigh. After that, he knocked on the door twice, paused, knocked three times, paused again, then knock five times. There was a click sound and the door was suddenly unlocked from the inside. Then, it swung open to reveal a middle-aged man with shoulder-length grey hair, silver-framed glasses, and a very friendly smile on his face.

"Ah, my dearest Al is finally here! I've waited so long for you, you know? The always punctual and quick as the wind Alchere Baumann is late for a meeting for once. What a great thing to witness." Mr. Turner greeted him with a large and sickeningly sweet face. It's clear that he's enjoying the situation. Maybe, this was his plan all along. Disregarding the glaring crimson eyes that stared at him in clear annoyance, he stepped aside to indicate that Alchere should come in.

Alchere forced down the urge to scoff sarcastically at that seemingly always smiling face. He respectfully bowed as a greeting before stepping inside the rundown and old building that surprisingly has a really clean and tidy interior. This lessened his annoyance considerably. But he still couldn't help but comment sharply. "If you haven't picked such a bizarre location for a meeting and put a lot of conditions for me to act 'ordinary' on top of that, sir, I would've arrived here before you did." Even as he grumbled, his tone was still very polite, if that even makes sense. He put his grey scarf and fedora hat onto the hanger next to the door. This made his neat jet-black hair and unique crimson eyes to be fully displayed. Then, his snake-like pupils turned to stare at the middle-aged man accusingly.

As if unaffected by his glare, Mr. Turner still maintained the same gentle smile as before while closing the door shut and locked it again. He spoke with a really light and teasing tone. "You are able to go through an interesting experience thanks to me, aren't you? Ah, a young master has taken a stroll through the slum. How fun and interesting! Choosing this place is a great decision, after all." The middle-aged man hummed cheerfully.

Alchere quietly watched as his superior put on a really innocent face as he walked to the sitting area next to the fireplace, gesturing for Alchere to sit down. He gave him one more displeased look before obediently walking over and sitting down on the brown couch, putting his black cane next to him.

Despite working under him for a very long time, Alchere still couldn't fully comprehend the thought process of Mr. Turner. He's an ordinary being with no power or ability whatsoever. Yet, his thought process was often more extraordinary than every extraordinary being Alchere had met. Alchere would rather fight a hundred battles rather than try to understand this man, much less argue with him. Thus, he chose to go straight to the point. "So, what's the mission, sir?"

Usually, Mr. Turner would've scolded that he's too boring but would explain the mission right away regardless. But now, he just shook his head helplessly instead. "Not yet. There is another person that hasn't arrived yet. Be patient and wait for him first, ok?" He winked at Alchere playfully, smile growing wider when he saw the frown on Alchere's face as soon as he said that.

Another person? He invited someone else here? Alchere wondered in confusion. This has never happened before. He always worked alone so whenever he was briefed on his mission, there would only be him and Mr. Turner. Yet, he invited someone else now. This really made him couldn't help but frown.

As if seeing through his thought, Mr. Turner answered. "The mission you'll get this time would be different than your usual missions. Hence, I will not dispatch you alone this time around. This mission is very important. The great young master Baumann should understand this, right?" He still had the same innocent smile. Yet, his brown eyes finally showed a hint of oppression and seriousness. This made Alchere realize that he didn't have the right to object this time. But before he could do or say anything, Mr. Turner suddenly glanced at the door. "Ah, he should be here now." As for how or why he knew that even if he's an ordinary human, Alchere didn't know. The next second, knocks were heard from the door in a similar pattern as the knocking he did back then. Mr. Turner put on his usual benign smile before walking over to unlock the door again.

Alchere also shifted his attention to the door, wanting to see just who is the person that would be working with him later on...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back