Music Background Music?

redvos

Do you guys listen to music while your working, doing homework, drawing, etc.?
If so, what's your playlist or top background song?

I usually listen to industrial or anything with a good beat really. OHGr's Welt has been my go-to album for studying for a while.

Whenever I write or do anything long term I tend to put on my 'Writing Playlist' it's on Youtube with roughly over 300 songs on it that I really gel with. A lot of rock all over the spectrum. Rio's Writing Playlist

Also if you want music without words, I would find playlists of the Vitamin String Quartet. They often do covers of rock/pop bands with only string instruments. Can help when you're doing something creative but don't want lyrics influencing what you're doing.

I can not pay attention worth a damn with anything in the background while im trying to study or something. I'll get distracted and never finish.
But, if im drawing / working out / writing for rps or etc, sure.

I do find it relaxing and helpful to listen to music while trying to complete something such as designing cosplay outfits, studying for upcoming thermodynamic tests, and sometimes whenever I am at work. My playlist mainly consist of EDM and music box remixes.

I highly suggest Jizue if you're looking for some instrumental music, it has some crazy piano parts

I always listen to music when I'm working, typically it's EDM but I have music that I listen to in order to set a certain tone and mood. Like if I'm writing casually, I'll listen to whatever. But if I'm sayyyy getting into a serious apocalyptic topic I listen to fitting music.

Older music libraries like Bruton or KPM have a ton of chill songs. I listen to that a lot when doing homework on the computer

I guess it's about the situation:

-when in a calm atmosphere, i enjoy classical music or jazz,

-when being here, some movie soundtracks,

and when i'm bored, i listen to game soundtracks, that help.

The tracks I listen to all depend on what I'm doing but the group I've listened to a lot is the doujin music group FELT. They do vocal tracks and remixes of the Touhou songs I believe though I've never played Touhou nor know anything about it. I mostly listen to Vivienne's vocal tracks there for casual listening at work or on the bus.

At work, I've listened to a lot of different songs since the days can be pretty slow. Movie tracks, game tracks, pop, country, rock, New Wave, 2 hours of Ocean Sounds. Preferably nothing too loud because we're not actually allowed to play music at work which is weird since I work in a musical instrument store and our office is far from the reception.

I usually listen to video game soundtracks, usually nice and relaxing, helps me focus.

I like to listen to alternative, indie, or folk. It help me feel relaxed and a little bit calmer, also just kind of help pass the time. Right now, I'm listening to New York by St. Vincent.

Usually some sountracks from games/anime/movies. Preferably without lyrics or with lyrics I don't know so that I didn't get distracted by mentally singing along xD

I really like listening to edm/electronic music in general when I'm writing or drawing because it makes me feel like my brain is lighting up in different places? I basically can like "hear" colors and lights that get my brain really in synch with what I'm doing. Cheesy metal does the same thing for me, which makes me feel a little old tbh lmao.

Dance music. I listen to Kpop or the latino pop radio. Never get anything done.

Except while reading, I have classical music on repeat. Mozart Mozart.

It really depends on the mood I'm in or what the project in question is. For example I spend a lot of time by myself just thinking up and writing out one off scenarios for dungeons and dragons. For those instances I tend to listen to things that evoke a sense of wonder like Snail House/Ujima on youtube or perhaps something from a video game. Other times if I'm say writing out a character profile/ backstory for a roleplay, depending on the theme of the roleplay I will generally play songs that cater to it that help set the mood and remind of the character I'm trying to create. One of my favorite instances of this was I was trying to build a trickster character that was both refined and zany. So I listened to about 3+ hours of Electro Swing until I got his concept fleshed out. I'll admit it was way more fun making the character than actually playing him.

Oh yeah, I got a whole playlist on my mp3 player full of my favorite tracks (named "cup of soda mix")

Don't laugh, but I put the Simpsons theme on repeat. I have no clue and I'm not even that addicted to it despite my profile image

I do listen to music a lot but what kind depends on my mood. I have a few playlists with different music genres and pick whichever I feel like listening to at that particular moment.

I listen to all kinds of music, but for some reason, I always focus best with Heavy Metal, particularly Progressive Metal (which seems counterintuitive, considering the songs constantly change temp and rhythm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back