• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Background Images

Reine

clinomania
Title kind of explains itself.

I was looking to see if there was a suggestion of being able to place images as backgrounds, which there was, back in 2015. I wanted to bring it up again, because it seems incredibly useful, but unavailable. A few times, just a few, I've had images turn into backgrounds when I try to heightrestrict them. It just happened earlier today:

Ittoki.Otoya.full.788758.jpg

Dakota snapped out of his state of movie watching. Q sat down on the couch, and Dakota sat up straight, a bit surprised at the sudden company. He grinned at the little kid, shaking his head. "I don't mind. You can do whatcha want." In fact, he liked anime, but his experiences with it went no deeper than One Piece, Naruto, InuYasha, and Bleach. He hadn't watched any at all in the past three years, except for popular clips and videos of the best moments in comedy anime. The most popular ones, he hadn't enjoyed, but it kind of gave him the impression that lesser known ones would be worse. Except InuYasha.

That was a work of art.

He probably wouldn't recognize the name, but asked anyway, "What did you plan on watching?"

The boy sank into the couch, looking over at Q lazily.

But then, everything he did was lazy. He was a very lazy person.

I believe its just an accident, as any changes to the height restrict or image makes the effect go away. Even so, I thought this meant it might be possible to do, if we could control it.

Thanks for reading.

I tried adding text below the image, and found that it went underneath all added text when placed below it. Just an observation, which may be helpful to why this happens.

Ironically I just posted this same thing today. Wiz assured me that it will be back in the next 2-4 months!

EDIT: also what you previewed above does work, but it's only visible on certain browsers. For example, I can't see anything special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
[centerblock=60][h][heightrestrict=0][h][img][/img][/h][/heightrestrict][/centerblock]

Unfortunately, this is the only way. In RPNation 2.0 (coming soon) you will be able to do it easier :)

Ecstasyia said:
Code:
[centerblock=60][h][heightrestrict=0][h][img][/img][/h][/heightrestrict][/centerblock]

Unfortunately, this is the only way. In RPNation 2.0 (coming soon) you will be able to do it easier :)
That's great! Tysm. I'll try it out.

Actually, all you really need to do the background image code is as follows:

[heightrestrict=0][h][/SIZE][IMG]image_url_goes_here[/IMG][SIZE=12px][/h][/heightrestrict]

Just pop this baby as the first line of coding after background colors and what not, and you got yourself a pretty descent code. It's been tested that it works with other coding such as accordions and tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back