News Back to Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the same as to the ones you get here on IPS..........They are traditional styles, nothing is special about them...

They aren't boxes like this one. Go to the bottom of the site and switch to Color Me and The Night Life and see what they do.

I am in color me here right now. It is what I have the site set to.     

It will look EXACTLY the same? I did not think that would be possible with two different bases. I guess I learned something new.   

I am in color me here right now. It is what I have the site set to.     

It will look EXACTLY the same? I did not think that would be possible with two different bases. I guess I learned something new.   

Mostly the same :). Nothing to write home about.

Been working on concepts for the next style:

Thoughts?

I'm usually a premade style I purchased from the xenforo store for the default style since xF2 is around the corner, no point in massively investing time in something new from scratch. Been slowly editing it to make something decently unique.

im not a fan of all the different colours. they don't really match

Oh my god, no. Don't do it. Don't go for colored tiles, it's impossible to read the text on those bright colored backgrounds. Use colored headers instead, or a rainbow of icons. Do not use a bright background color on any body copy people need to read.

Oh my god, no. Don't do it. Don't go for colored tiles, it's impossible to read the text on those bright colored backgrounds. Use colored headers instead, or a rainbow of icons. Do not use a bright background color on any body copy people need to read.

Yeah the colors for the boxes themselves are overwhelming (I saw a non-colored version and liked it, but not sure if what I saw was a glitch).  Colored icons are a good suggestion to add a minimal pop of color rather than an "in-your-face" color slap.

Yeah the colors for the boxes themselves are overwhelming (I saw a non-colored version and liked it, but not sure if what I saw was a glitch).  Colored icons are a good suggestion to add a minimal pop of color rather than an "in-your-face" color slap.

Plus the fact that the colours aren't in rainbow order kinda bugs me...

But we are not Google, we are RP Nation. We have a white-silver-blue color scheme. Granted, there's nothing wrong with a new color scheme, but the best logos and layouts are the ones that only include two or three main colors. Google gets away with it because they have five or so colors that are picked as to not have hue or contrast clashes with each other, and the logo goes on a plain white background.

Again, as I've said in guides and tutorials before - the goal of a forum is legibility. And since everyone here writes a lot, it's important to make sure our work stands out. That's why I highly, highly suggest erring on the side of a neutral, conventional, maybe even boring site layout. The site can emphasize fun and light-heartedness without a rainbow - and if the rainbow is essential, then it can be done without impeding legibility.

So, when do you think HPs will be up for submissions?

This was answered in the FAQ.  It will be sometime after the transfer.  The admins are still deciding how HPs are going to work when back on xenForo.

SUGGESTIOOOOOOOOON:

Same as they are now. They work much better.

Increase the post-minimum for it to 1000, though.

why

in my opinion that would put off a lot of people, it sounds too intimidating and hard to use if a post minimum is higher than 500

personally i think it should be lowered to 250-300.

Last edited by a moderator:
(For colors, as I particularly like the box idea, perhaps go for slightly more muted tones in the Material design palette? From what I've seen most applications using the material design palette actually only use one of the colors.)

Took me 5 months to get to 1000.

Yes, but as someone who mostly does 1 x 1's in PMs, it took me some 5 and a half months to get over 400. 

(For colors, as I particularly like the box idea, perhaps go for slightly more muted tones in the Material design palette? From what I've seen most applications using the material design palette actually only use one of the colors.)

Yes, but as someone who mostly does 1 x 1's in PMs, it took me some 5 and a half months to get over 400. 

Your fault if you ONLY do 1x1 in PMs.

Most people prefer them. And the few I tried to do in the forums died off much more quickly than any I've done in PMs. 

(Anyways, this is rather off topic.)

Yeah okay.

What I will like about going back to xF is the ability to be finally able to DELETEEEEEEEE STUUUUUUUUUUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back