News Back to Form - Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update has made things pretty damn inconvenient.

I can't see my notifications when I'm on another tab, someone messaged me 20 minutes ago and I only noticed now because I was on Youtube. I would've been able to see the red dot on the RpN tab before the update.

Not to mention how now I have to basically scavenge through the most horrible looking Hosted Project template to find the RP's I'm in so I can see if anyone has posted. (When I myself am not tagged/involved - I still want to see what's going on)

The appearance of the site doesn't bother me that much, I just changed the coloring to the old RpN blue so I could feel at home again. But its the layout that I'm not a fan of.

This update has made things pretty damn inconvenient.

I can't see my notifications when I'm on another tab, someone messaged me 20 minutes ago and I only noticed now because I was on Youtube. I would've been able to see the red dot on the RpN tab before the update.

Not to mention how now I have to basically scavenge through the most horrible looking Hosted Project template to find the RP's I'm in so I can see if anyone has posted. (When I myself am not tagged/involved - I still want to see what's going on)

The appearance of the site doesn't bother me that much, I just changed the coloring to the old RpN blue so I could feel at home again. But its the layout that I'm not a fan of.
You do realise that we have just switched platforms and the site only went up a day ago. Of course not everything is going to be complete yet? We plan to add and change things around in the future. It's very hard to do it all at once and especially hard to please everyone at the same time.

The hosted projects will take about a week to be completely normal again and regain complete functionality- this was something that was mentioned in the starting post.

We apologise that you find the update inconvenient to you, but things will improve in the future.

One of my role plays over PM has vanished since the update... why did this happen? And is there anyway to get it back? :(

Oh, really? That's weird. Have you also went into the conversation menu and looked for it there? (here)

Yes... it's not there.
The only thing I can think of was that the title wasn't in regular font. But I have another that's in a different font and it's still in my inbox...

Yes... it's not there.
The only thing I can think of was that the title wasn't in regular font. But I have another that's in a different font and it's still in my inbox...
That's really strange. From what we know, nothing got lost in the update and all data was transferred over. It must be a glitch?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

First off I want to say congratulations and thank you to all you staff that participated in the switch-over. I don't know much about Web-design/maintenance, but I can tell a lot of work has been done. I like the change and wish you all always see and take the right steps in whatever you want to move forward.

I want to know about HPs. I have two main questions. First: how are the mod powers handled? Is there a special place to go to use them? Have they not been enabled yet?

Two: will you have an ongoing process of removing inactive HPs? I read they take up a lot of server resources, but there are still a ton of them on the list. I'm assuming a large part of them will have to go at some point. Which I'd agree with to save space. Will all of them be evaluated soon in the future?
1) No mod powers have been enabled yet, as that was part of an addon we left with IPS. We will be getting a new addon for xF that should restore a lot of mod tools and such for the HPs, it's just not here yet.

2) Inactive HPs have already been archived. There are a lot of HPs on the list now because there are a lot of HPs. ^D^ You should've seen it before we archived them!

One of my role plays over PM has vanished since the update... why did this happen? And is there anyway to get it back? :(
Can you make a post in Admin Contact please, and include the name(s) of the other people in the PM? We'll try to track down what happened to it.

Will we be able to select larger font sizes than currently available? Or will it remain the 1-7 and that's it. I personally liked it very much that we could scale it up further in the previous version, especially with some google fonts being quite small compared to others, making the currently largest font size barely larger than the regular size.

EDIT
although it would be handy to have larger options in the rich text editor, when editing the code itself changing the code from size=7 to size=20px actually made a difference. So I guess it's still possible, just needs to be done manually. Yay!

(PS: you don't suppose there'll come a day when we can color the divides or if they might become horizontal rules instead that can be colored?)

Last edited:
Chordling Chordling If you just replace the number 7 with another, higher, number, nothing happens and it reverts back to 7.
However I just found out that if the letters 'px' are added behind the number it reverts to how many pixels high the font will become, thus creating a possibility to have larger font sizes.

Maintaining a site on my own, I can only imagine the stress you guys must have been going through and are dealing with now. Bravo on getting everything back and relatively working soundly! Especially in such a short amount of time, that was awesome, I must say! I haven't noticed anything glitchy besides the "sticky" banner being a bit slow and the notifications being incredibly off, but that could just be me!

Now off to explore the new interface! (This may take a while to get used too... it's like a whole new world...
4965-MEME-8211-A-whole-new-world.jpg
))

Um Is there a way to get posts back after you pressed the x on them on the home screen? I need the one about name changes.

Is it just me lacking in navigation skills or are the Interest Check threads nowhere to be found? So sorry for bothering anyone if it's the former, by the way. I know you guys have a bunch of work to do and I wouldn't want to distract anyone from their stuff.

Is it just me lacking in navigation skills or are the Interest Check threads nowhere to be found? So sorry for bothering anyone if it's the former, by the way. I know you guys have a bunch of work to do and I wouldn't want to distract anyone from their stuff.
They're just under the discussion area
Here.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back