• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Back once again!

Greetings! I'm looking to start up some sort of RP in a variety of settings. It's been quite a while since I've been on this site or roleplayed in general (outside of D&D) so I suppose I'm coming back from a hiatus. I'm pretty casual and easy going and I'm not very strict when it comes to our chats or plays. Though it may seem completely opposite to my personality, I can be pretty picky with who I play with. Though if you can get past that I promise I'm very open!

Some things to note before you message me:

• The amount I post tends to vary and while I try to keep a similar post length at a very consistent rate, sometimes it fluctuates. Some days I just can't get into the mood and I won't post. As well as some posts needing to be cut short because I don't think they really require all the writing of my others.

• I love planning stuff out. Don't be surprised if I pause an rp just to discuss what happens next. I'm not a big fan of surprises, nor surprising my partners, unless I ABSOLUTELY know it's something they would enjoy. This is of course negated if we're doing something one sided like a mystery or an adventure where my characters are no longer present

• Don't be mad if I reject you suddenly. Seriously, you might think it can't happen to you but my pickiness can get the better of me sometimes. I usually won't go into detail with my reasoning as it happens much too often for me to explain my logic to every single person. On top of that it usually ends up turning into a lengthy argument and I'm not about that life.

With all of that nastiness out of the way I just have to say I'm looking for a number of things. The main settings I'm interested in right now are fantasy and sci fi. I do have a unique fantasy setting that I use in just about all of the D&D campaigns I DM. It's not nearly complete but I would be willing to play in it if you're willing to put up with some things being a work in progress.

On that note I would love to do an RP based around a society of magic users in that world that centers on the antics of some lower ranking students and scholars. Some parts would be comedic, a few bits of slice of life (mainly to help me flesh out my world), with lots of fun action, drama and adventure stirred in there.

I would also be up for something involving vampires. I don't have many ideas involving this one but I can be VERY picky when it comes to vampires as they're so overused and bland to me at this point. My favorite sorts of vampires are the ones in The Elder Scrolls series.

Speaking of The Elder Scrolls, I'd love a play set in that universe. It doesn't have to be in any of the countries that have been played in the games, though I do hold a special place in my heart for High Rock.

To wrap things up I'll just throw two other settings out there. I literally have no idea what I want from these, but I love them none the less and would be willing to do some pretty hardcore brain storming. Fallout would be the first, spurred by the recent announcement of Fallout 4. The second is more of a genre than anything, Cyberpunk. Pretty much anything Cyberpunk I'd be down to talk about. Deus Ex and Shadowrun are my two favorites, so feel free to toss those at me.

I'm only looking to start one or two plays, so thanks in advance for posting!

Here is an example of my posts: http://pastebin.com/kqGSc02h

It was an intro post so it's pretty long by my standards, and I wrote it about three or four years ago, so I'd like to think I've improved since then.

Edit: Provided an example of my posts

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm particularly interested in your magic users rp. I'd like to hear more about it before I decide. Is it okay if I pm you?

Sakurako said:
I'm particularly interested in your magic users rp. I'd like to hear more about it before I decide. Is it okay if I pm you?
Sure, feel free to send me a pm with any questions so we can talk.

bawmp

I would love to role play with you. I though have recently become interested in a ghost power role play, set in current times. If that doesn't interest you, I would basically do any of those plots you mentioned because they're all pretty sick. c:

If you're interested in a sample of my writing, I can PM you a link to a book i'm writing.

This sounds fun, I'm an avid D&D player and world builder myself so I think I'd like to play in your world, if you're alright with that.

Hm I'm interested if you're still looking. Question though, what gender pairings do you do (MxF, FxF, MxM, non-binary, etc etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back