• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Back in my day... introduction and game proposal

Comrade in the Shade

prophet of a future not my own
Goodness. This site has changed so much in the years I've been away. Is in one still around from 2012?

I'm looking to stretch my RPing legs with a high fantasy nation-building game with an involved plot that will more and more aggressively pull players to interact together. It would be a throw back to one of the games I loved most when I last played (all credit to Uziel for being a bad ass mod). I don't want to be the new kid to arrive at the playground only to insist that everyone plays their game, but what do you say? Any takers?

I would commit to weekly "turns" with updates coming every Sunday evening - of course, inter-player content wouldn't require a moderator's approval.

Let me know what you think. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and having a creative outlet again.

World Map: Pysical Geography
The%20World_zpsncn80qri.png
[/URL][/IMG]

The Realms Main Guide

• Claiming a nation in any NBRP is easy, and it's no different here. In the Signup thread, you will have two maps. One is the blank nation map, which shows all the existing countries. The other map is the territory map, which shows what kind of terrain that territory has. Some races fare better in certain kinds of terrain. For example, Dwarves in forests are going to have a hard time, but humans can live almost anywhere without penalties, but no bonuses, either.

The only territories you cannot claim under normal circumstances are the Scourge (Black) and the Wild Edge territories (Purple.) If you play an Undead nation you can claim a Scourge territory, or claim any other territory with the standard bonuses or penalties. Wild Edge territories cannot be claimed normally but can be settled and conquered in game.

You will claim one territory. Do your best to describe which one you want. Try using a comparison to RL locations or number of territories away from the coast. Your best bet is to simply upload a picture with the desired territory marked.

The terrains are described here:

Now there will be different terrain types, described here.

Mountains: Filled with metals and rocks, mines on mountains are lucrative. Difficult to settle and has low population growth. Colored brown.

Plains: Flat or hilly terrain with no discernible features. Crops grow well here but there are few other resources. No penalties. Colored beige.

Forests: Surrounded by trees, plants, and animals, forests usually provide very well for its inhabitants but is difficult to settle and populations don't grow quickly. Colored green.

Deserts: Filled with rocks and sand, with little water, these wastelands seem to hold lots of magic. Hardest to settle and least population growth of the normal territories, but desert settlements gain unexpected bonuses. Tundra is a desert where the temperatures are extremely cold, rather than hot. Colored yellow for desert and gray for tundra.

Bog: Lots of water and wildlife, swamps have great game and lots of water access. Difficult to settle but once settled, no effect on population growth. Colored blue.

Wild Edge: These territories cannot be claimed and are coupled with another terrain type. Magic in the Wild Edge doesn't work right, and the creatures here are weird. And they get weirder. There is much to learn from these places but they are extremely hostile and difficult to settle. Once settled, population growth is...Well, players will just have to find out. Colored purple.

Scourge: An afflicted area that is filled with necromantic energies, anything that is unfortunate to die here returns as the Undead. Fortunately, the Scourge is not expanding, but it's not shrinking either. Almost impossible to settle, and population growth is equally difficult. Colored black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back