• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Back again for more help!

SharkBark

Psalms 55:22
Roleplay Type(s)
Shark again.

I'm a newbie to coding and I just wanted to ask if anyone has a source that could teach me how. I already looked at the RPN BBCode Guide so and I have a little,very little, understanding of it.

So, if you have any guides I could look at, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the link.

Thanks in advance.

--Shark

i've created some [probably now outdated lol] tutorials which you can find here
honestly, im constantly learning about coding even after all these years - esp flex boxes! so some of these tutorials may be outdated in my mind lol
also -- feel free to message me if there's anything in particular you want to do/learn and i can try my best to help out! \( ̄︶ ̄*\)) i don't bite, i swear

i too, would one day like to become a bbcode master 🥲

Anyways, as a fellow bbcode newbie, I find that what's helped me so far is using freebies and sort of breaking them down to figure out which commands control what lol. I would never post them outside of my private workshop of course, it's all just for experimenting and seeing how things work. For example, I would change the size of the margins, delete some things, add some things, click preview after every time I change something, etc. Basically taking it apart and then trying to put it back together to find out how the layout is made. It's frustrating but it can be fun once you reap the rewards and is very helpful in familiarizing yourself with bbcode commands.

i've created some [probably now outdated lol] tutorials which you can find here
honestly, im constantly learning about coding even after all these years - esp flex boxes! so some of these tutorials may be outdated in my mind lol
also -- feel free to message me if there's anything in particular you want to do/learn and i can try my best to help out! \( ̄︶ ̄*\)) i don't bite, i swear
I've actually checked out your tutorials before! (i'm a big fan of your codes they're just *chef's kiss*)

Maybe I'm slow but, I didn't really understand them. One of the biggest things I struggle with is finding out what some stuff is even for. For example:\

This one has percentages, the word "padding" or even transform, absolute or moz. And for goodness sakes, on most of these, I keep seeing FA FA. For what?

If you could explain to me what in the world these are (and even how to use them) it would be EXTREMELY helpful.[/comment][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/tab]

i too, would one day like to become a bbcode master 🥲

Anyways, as a fellow bbcode newbie, I find that what's helped me so far is using freebies and sort of breaking them down to figure out which commands control what lol. I would never post them outside of my private workshop of course, it's all just for experimenting and seeing how things work. For example, I would change the size of the margins, delete some things, add some things, click preview after every time I change something, etc. Basically taking it apart and then trying to put it back together to find out how the layout is made. It's frustrating but it can be fun once you reaped the rewards lol.
yep this too! this is how i first learnt how to use the border tags because prior to borders, we use to use div tags [rip. what a time to be alive]. just remember if you're going to use a freebie, use them to dissect and create your own masterpieces o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ not just editing the colours and claiming them as your own lol

i cant get it to show up but....

things like:

padding

130% width or length

transform

moz

or...fa fa?

would it be beneficial to yall if i was to create a bbcode for newbies discord server? we already have a bbcode discord server for rpn, but I know it might seem v intimidating esp if you're still fresh outta the womb with learning haha

SharkBark SharkBark awww thank you!
so basically with the following stuff

think padding of like an invisible border on the INSIDE of a border tag if that makes sense??

this border has no padding

this border has 10px padding

this border has 30px padding to the top

the use of percentages makes things more mobile friendly! basically, if you make something with the width of 100%, it will take up the space of that area.

this border has a width space of 100%

this border has a width space of 50%

this border within this border has a width space of 80% and a height space of 50%

transform is used for rotating, scaling, skewing, etc items. You can find a list of things here!

moz stands for firefox! basically, its vendor-prefixed properties offered by the relevant rendering engines.

finally, fa stands for 'font awesome' which you can find here~! they're icons we can use! for example;
this flower fa icon HTML is <i class="fa-solid fa-flower"></i>
but after we replace the HTML class, it becomes
Code:
[fa]fa-solid fa-flower[/fa]
which looks like !

I hope some of this helps in some way!

would it be beneficial to yall if i was to create a bbcode for newbies discord server? we already have a bbcode discord server for rpn, but I know it might seem v intimidating esp if you're still fresh outta the womb with learning haha

SharkBark SharkBark awww thank you!
so basically with the following stuff

think padding of like an invisible border on the INSIDE of a border tag if that makes sense??

this border has no padding

this border has 10px padding

this border has 30px padding to the top

the use of percentages makes things more mobile friendly! basically, if you make something with the width of 100%, it will take up the space of that area.

this border has a width space of 100%

this border has a width space of 50%

this border within this border has a width space of 80% and a height space of 50%

transform is used for rotating, scaling, skewing, etc items. You can find a list of things here!

moz stands for firefox! basically, its vendor-prefixed properties offered by the relevant rendering engines.

finally, fa stands for 'font awesome' which you can find here~! they're icons we can use! for example;
this flower fa icon HTML is <i class="fa-solid fa-flower"></i>
but after we replace the HTML class, it becomes
Code:
[fa]fa-solid fa-flower[/fa]
which looks like !

I hope some of this helps in some way!
Wow..I'm actually comprehending this. That W3 website is really useful. I'm gonna be using that for a while.

A discord server? I mean, I wouldn't mind and it'd be beneficial but, I don't have discord (and I can't access it it crashes my pc) so, sorry.

Font awesomeness. Wow. I never would've thought that's what it meant.

And mobile friendly? What does that mean? (last question I swear)

Wow..I'm actually comprehending this. That W3 website is really useful. I'm gonna be using that for a while.

A discord server? I mean, I wouldn't mind and it'd be beneficial but, I don't have discord (and I can't access it it crashes my pc) so, sorry.

Font awesomeness. Wow. I never would've thought that's what it meant.

And mobile friendly? What does that mean? (last question I swear)
haha you're all good!
mobile friendly is for when people are accessing the site via mobile phone (or iPad). basically, if you don't use a combination of flex boxes and max and min widths, anything you create with borders wont be accessible to them. let me take a screen shot to show you!

2BD2A654-8610-4702-8FFA-7728D422765C.png
this is one of my old codes! As you can see, everything on the sides are completely cut off on mobile. But down below is one of my new mobile friendly codes - everything is still accessible~!

C22B156B-2DC4-4C1F-9ECD-760D631A822C.png

View attachment 974088
this is one of my old codes! As you can see, everything on the sides are completely cut off on mobile. But down below is one of my new mobile friendly codes - everything is still accessible~!

View attachment 974089
Ohhh. I get it now.

Thank you! Don't be surprised if you see another help thread though. I still have a LOT to learn.

Now, I'm gonna go spend too much time in private workshop.

Ohhh. I get it now.

Thank you! Don't be surprised if you see another help thread though. I still have a LOT to learn.

Now, I'm gonna go spend too much time in private workshop.
my pleasure! and like i said, feel free to message me if you have any questions and I'll try and help to my best abilities \( ̄︶ ̄*\))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back