• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Back after a hiatus! Looking for a long-term detailed RP partner!

Maddison

"I'm fallin for your eyes, they don't know me yet"
Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, it means a lot to me! I've been away from this site for around a year now but I'm happy and keen to get back into writing and creating a detailed story with someone since it is something that I really did enjoy. I'm a female from London. I enjoy a story with a lot of detail and character build up, it is something that makes a story far more interesting and attractive to me. I'm looking for someone who is literate/advanced literate to embark on creating a story with me. Overall, I'm a super friendly person so just shoot me a message if you are interested (which hopefully some people will be :) ). Hope everyone's having a good day!

I'm completely aware that this combination is one that is has been done a lot, perhaps a little overdone, but it's also one that I find really interesting and when done well, can be a very enjoyable RP. The theme that I'm looking to explore is a good girl and a bad boy of some sort, this is something that we can discuss and finalise the details for. I am always open to new ideas about how we can approach this and I'd love to hear someone else's interpretation/ideas for how this can be approached.

Your character could be a:
- A typical bad boy who grew up on the bad side of town
- A biker type
- Mob boss/someone involved in organised crime
- MMA fighter

I like the idea of a good girl who is sheltered as she's grown up in a family where money hasn't been an issue and have always been able to live comfortably. I envision her as having been brought up to be "perfect" and as such is pressurised a lot by her family to succeed or live up to their expectations. Her father is quite wrapped up in being an upper-class member of society. He has put her in all of the right schools, lessons, social circles, etc in the hopes that she eventually marries into a family deemed 'the best' within society and their town. Her mother is probably quiet on this matter and agrees with her husband's view, I'm imagining her as being quite timid and living up to the typical image of a trophy housewife. MC has feelings of boredom and restlessness and wonders if her "planned out" life is what she wants. She thinks that it looks quite bland and boring. She starts to have dreams of getting out on her own and seeing the world on her own terms, away from her father who constantly treats her like a child. She just wants to live life ... and live it her own way.

She meets someone completely by chance, almost as if it were fate. He is different to her in almost every way ... he hasn't come from a good family and hasn't had the privilege (that she did) to have a stable and healthy childhood and environment, and thus has some demons/troubles that are haunting him or that affect him etc. Despite their fundamental differences, they somehow just click and there is this instant connection and chemistry between them both. I envision this being one of those 'love stories' where it is extremely intense and completely consuming but in the best way possible. He frees her soul ... and she saves his. Obviously it's not all sunshine and rainbows and there would be a lot of obstacles for them both to overcome with things like her father finding out about their relationship and then trying to split them apart, him learning how to let his walls down and let her love him, the reappearance of his dead-beat parents .. and so much more. Overall, I feel as though fundamentally there would be this intense connection that neither of them expected and that neither of them can ignore now that it has happened.

What I have envisioned for this RP is it being a story revolving around two best friends, one being male and the other being female where I would be playing the female character. These two would have known each other ever since they were little, so they've practically known each other their entire lives and have always been inseparable. As they got older and matured, feelings started to develop but the timing was just never right for either of them and they never revealed their true feelings to each other out of fear of rejection.

In high school YC was a bit of a troublemaker and got into his fair share of arguments and fights whereas MC was the opposite. She was the 'good girl' who was never in any trouble, good grades, sweet and maybe even a cheerleader. A lot of people assumed they were a couple because of they way they acted around each other and the ones who knew they weren't together assumed they would end up together. Towards the end of high school YC found himself in some serious trouble over something stupid that he did (not sure what it was he did quite yet but this is something we could brainstorm together) and ended up enrolling in the army to sort his life out and get taught discipline and how to control his anger instead of lashing out. However, he never told MC. He didn't tell his best friend that he wasn't going to college with her and instead was joining the army. He was just gone. She came over one day and his parents told her where he was and that he had left. Naturally she was heartbroken and a wreck. She waited day in and day out for a phone call or a letter from him but received nothing. Maybe he thought this was a kinder approach and that he was saving her from the worry but it clearly wasn't working. He's been gone for about a year now and MC just finished her first year at college when he comes back home.

So that's sort of where I wanted to start the RP from. I wanted to look at all the pent up emotions MC would have at him leaving her. Although she loves him and is glad he's okay, she's also angry at him for leaving and not saying goodbye. I think it would be really interesting to look at that explosive conversation and then throughout the RP we could look at several different things. The affects the war has had on YC and the nightmares he has. YC realising that MC now has this entire life that he isn't a part of which is completely different to how it had been before he hald left, it was always the both of them against the world. MC dealing with YC being deployed again etc.

Obviously I'm totally open to interpretations on this idea if you had something specific in mind.

Back after another hiatus! Who would like to set up a detailed interesting RP with me? Drop me a private message if you do! I'm very much open to new ideas too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back