• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TanteRegenbogen

The Person formerly known as Anii ⚧
Plot: In world based partially off of mesoamerican culture, a number of "losers" find a pamphlet offering spiritual healing and an opportunity to become a hero, piquing their interest. They meet at in a trailer park in front of the trailer of a supposed shaman, who rather quickly delves them into the aetherial world, showing them their potential. The group experiences a magic not known to the common person. Magic only known in legends from long ago where spirit animals werent just tiny pets but could be mighty creatures.

But to learn the advanced magics, they need to visit the aetherial realm, which is dangerous as there is the possibility that they never return, especially when they visit the underworld. They however need the magics as an ancient seal had been broken releasing ancient horrors upon the world.

Basically, the culture of Azteka is based on mesoamerican culture (Aztec/Mayan) but is in a modern world where magic is known but the spells that are known are mostly pretty basic and only a few old wizards know more advanced magics.

I'm interested, but I don't really know much of anything about mesoamerican culture and the magic thereof. Could you maybe describe it some?

I'm interested, but I don't really know much of anything about mesoamerican culture and the magic thereof. Could you maybe describe it some?
I am probably gonna drop the idea because firstly there has been a lack of interest in it and secondly kind of experiencing a lack of ideas to expand upon this particular roleplay.

But mesoamerican culture would mean Aztecs and Mayan culture. The magic would not really be based on Aztec lore, but would have been basic and chantless and could only be unlocked either through shared experience or temporarily passing into the etherial realm to learn it via a shaman/priest.

I am probably gonna drop the idea because firstly there has been a lack of interest in it and secondly kind of experiencing a lack of ideas to expand upon this particular roleplay.

But mesoamerican culture would mean Aztecs and Mayan culture. The magic would not really be based on Aztec lore, but would have been basic and chantless and could only be unlocked either through shared experience or temporarily passing into the etherial realm to learn it via a shaman/priest.
That's a shame. You don't see many mesoamerican style magic systems, would have been interesting to try something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back