• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Azae - A World At War (Detailed) [Medieval Dark Fantasy] {Always Open}

I do believe I understand what you mean by that, but I would appreciate it if you could go in to more detail with the posting style you are currently using.

I'm pretty much looking for 4-5 well thought out paragraphs per solo post. A solo post is any IC post done by yourself with just your own character. We also do collaboration posts once characters meet. These are constructed in PM between participants and edited together into one post for fluidity. The responses here can be shorter since they will be edited into a longer post together before being posted in the IC threads.

Damn, man, damn. I was just giving the threads you linked a look over, and this is some next level stuff. Found my way over to the In Character threads and was just left speechless. The sheer volume of each post is intimidating. This is an incredible piece you have here.

Damn, man, damn. I was just giving the threads you linked a look over, and this is some next level stuff. Found my way over to the In Character threads and was just left speechless. The sheer volume of each post is intimidating. This is an incredible piece you have here.

You flatter me, but it's all been the collective work of my wonderful roleplayers. Do not be intimidated by the post lengths of some of those IC posts. Many of those are collaboration posts, constructed in PM over weeks of time. Are you interested in participating?

You flatter me, but it's all been the collective work of my wonderful roleplayers. Do not be intimidated by the post lengths of some of those IC posts. Many of those are collaboration posts, constructed in PM over weeks of time. Are you interested in participating?

I am thinking about it but the size of this thing has me a little nervous. I want to make sure I have the plot down before I make any commitments. Don't take any offense to this because I'm actually pretty impressed by it, but it seems like you have taken different story ideas from different works of fiction and history and sort of mashed them all together. I mean, Engriact must be based off of Marvel's Galactus? And he sends these Heralds of Death down to the planet much like Galactus would send the Silver Surfer? Except your Heralds obviously have a Four Horseman vibe.

Then when it comes to the world they land on it seems like you're giving us a fantasy version of was called the Post-Columbian exchange: the globalizing epoch of the 16th and 17th centuries. A world where merchants trade exotic drugs and spices between countries, where professional standing armies can number in the tens or hundreds of thousands, and where scholars study the stars via telescopes. And all this seems to be set in world with 15th century technology. It’s also a world where slavery was just recently on a gigantic scale, and huge wars that disrupt daily life to an unprecedented degree.

Am I correct so far?

I am thinking about it but the size of this thing has me a little nervous. I want to make sure I have the plot down before I make any commitments. Don't take any offense to this because I'm actually pretty impressed by it, but it seems like you have taken different story ideas from different works of fiction and history and sort of mashed them all together. I mean, Engriact must be based off of Marvel's Galactus? And he sends these Heralds of Death down to the planet much like Galactus would send the Silver Surfer? Except your Heralds obviously have a Four Horseman vibe.

Then when it comes to the world they land on it seems like you're giving us a fantasy version of was called the Post-Columbian exchange: the globalizing epoch of the 16th and 17th centuries. A world where merchants trade exotic drugs and spices between countries, where professional standing armies can number in the tens or hundreds of thousands, and where scholars study the stars via telescopes. And all this seems to be set in world with 15th century technology. It’s also a world where slavery was just recently on a gigantic scale, and huge wars that disrupt daily life to an unprecedented degree.

Am I correct so far?

Lol I guess you caught me red handed with the Galactus/Silver Surfer stuff. You're the first person to ever hit so on the nose right away. I even used concept art for him from the films as his picture. Don't worry, I'm not offended. I did do quite a bit of borrowing for different story ideas. As for the Post-Columbian exchange...I don't know? Maybe? I'm not versed on that period of history, but I suppose you're trying to suggest that my world is more interconnected then our own was in the fifteenth century? Which yes, is definitely true.

You seem like you would be a great fit. Do you have experience with detailed level posting?

Interested in this RP! Just one question: Are any characters open? If so, could you PM me them?

Normally, I don't really like playing fixed characters, but as my own, but this is sort of like Mass Effect and Star Wars KotOR (and other Bethseda Games), isn't it? Fixed(ish) names, chances to determine story on your own (as in, no fixed choices) and whatnot?

Interested in this RP! Just one question: Are any characters open? If so, could you PM me them?

Normally, I don't really like playing fixed characters, but as my own, but this is sort of like Mass Effect and Star Wars KotOR (and other Bethseda Games), isn't it? Fixed(ish) names, chances to determine story on your own (as in, no fixed choices) and whatnot?

I tried to make it more obvious with the edits that are in red text, but you don't actually have to sign up with an already established character anymore! We are accepting completely original characters to join us on this adventure, but if you're still interested in playing one of our established characters then we can absolutely discuss it further.

Well, that changed my perspective. Wow, OK, I can't believe I missed the red markers! Well, thanks for doing that! I got a character Idea, though you're gonna have to gimme time. Do you want me to PM it to you when you finished?

Well, that changed my perspective. Wow, OK, I can't believe I missed the red markers! Well, thanks for doing that! I got a character Idea, though you're gonna have to gimme time. Do you want me to PM it to you when you finished?

My inbox is always open!

Hello! A bit belated considering when you posted this, but I'd be very interested in joining! Are y'all still open?

Absolutely! Do you have experience with detailed level posting?
Yes, I do! I've been poking around a little on the RP, and I'm pretty confident that I can match that level of detail. Couldn't find the CS, though. Do you have a link?

A wild Emmi has appeared!

I see this was originally made in May, and I wondered if this was still open..?

A wild Emmi has appeared!

I see this was originally made in May, and I wondered if this was still open..?

That it is! Its a large-scale, long term RP that's always accepting new members. Are you interested in joining?

Wonderful! Do you have experience with detailed level posting?
Ah, yes, I have! I always try to post at least three or more paragraphs with perfect grammar and punctuation... I want to become an author in the future... so yes. Would you like an example?

Ah, yes, I have! I always try to post at least three or more paragraphs with perfect grammar and punctuation... I want to become an author in the future... so yes. Would you like an example?

Oh no, that's more than acceptable. I can PM you now so we can discuss getting you on board!

I took a bit of time off from Rpn due to university and I think a bit of fantasy is just what I need, if your still looking for participants that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back