• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Axelis Fantasia | Interest Check (Closed)

Kloudy

The Lore King
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alright, I've got through everything but the backstory. I've broken the CS code and had to restore it. I will be finishing this tomorrow instead!

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Alright. In that case, I'll do my best with my character's background, and you can correct me if I get anything wrong or need to clarify something.

Edit: Actually, the most important question, which I think would be relatively simple to answer, is whether the Godslayer's "betrayal" would have happened before or after an Aerouant fifty years old or under, so born after 3850, would have been of an age to leave home without supervision. (Presumably, 3870-3880, if early Aerouant development is similar to that of humans.) I was planning to make a character in his forties who left home to travel the world and study the wisdom of other cultures as soon as he came of age to do so. Whether he might have witnessed this event firsthand, and been personally affected by the attempted purge, or would have heard about it from his elders and those returning from the war, is probably the factor that influences my CS the most.
I'll make it canon that the betrayal happened in 3885, near the end of the 50-year-long war.

None of the Aerouants that went to Exelica to aid the gods survived, so make sure you write around that specific event.

Should I assume the same for Ukrethia? As in, if I want my character to have formal schooling, he should have been raised in the capital with the means to pay for an education? I was thinking maybe he's from a modestly well-off but not particularly important merchant or artisan family.
That would be the most ideal. I'm currently in the process of making a proper map of Exelica, so you can leave the name of the capital blank, if you wish.

Also, Serobliss Serobliss , not to bombard you with questions, but am I correct in assuming there was some type of bureaucracy in place to handle the day-to-day affairs of the nations on behalf of their respective gods, and that this structure persists even though the gods are dead or indisposed (Herrscher)? There wouldn't be a mortal ruler, but would there be some sort of steward or head bureaucratic administrator?

These questions don't need to be answered for me to work on my CS, so don't feel rushed. I plan to get the basics of a backstory out, and then respond to whatever corrections or additional information you might provide.
Gods don't rule over their country. They haven't since the Age of Tythos, nor do they now, considering the majority of them are dead. Gods simply looked over their nations and instilled their moral teachings onto their population, nothing more. Most of the Divine Conflicts were triggered between mortals, as the gods did not specifically demand that they go to war. This is mainly because Infinitarius, the lead Arterion God, forbade it. Not that they found loopholes to abuse, anyway.

Ukrethia and Aeslengard are both a theocracy, with the exception that Ukrethia is part stratocratic, and Aeslengard has an aristrocratic rule below the priesthood. Mortals are the only rulers of their nations.

I would also like to know more of how the nation of Aeslengard is structured. Is there a nobility in addition to the priesthood; how does the rule of the priesthood work, which is to say how they rule Aeslengard. Can priests marry, and if so do they serve the purposes of the nobility, with priestly dynasties. In addition to how Aeslengard's relation to the divine is in the present day: are they being directly ruled by the deities that fled there, or are they protecting them and ruling themselves.

I can come up with something. But it is best to inquire before taking liberties.
Aristocracy exists below the theocratic sphere, where the church rules. The church hold autocratic power as the Pope is the leading figure behind Aeslengard. With their primary god slain by the Godslayer, the Pope now holds absolute power over Aeslengard, with the nobility acting as his extended will.

The priests in Aeslengard aren't bound by traditional religious laws of our world. They may marry, hold a weapon and fight, and do most of what a normal civilian could. The priesthood is a title more than anything else. No vows other than the worship of Sindragar and the Nephilim supremacy. They're technically an extension of the nobility, but hold greater political power. You can view them as the senate that helps the Pope make the decisions.

The deities that fled to Aeslengard and found safe haven in Yggdrasil aren't fit for ruling. They fled after being mortally wounded by the Godslayer, and still have not healed their injuries. Also, while Aeslengard is heavily pro-gods, ever since the death of Sindragar, the Aeslengardian people grew disinterested in listening to the words of the surviving gods, as one of Sindragar's teachings was that he was their one and only true god. So the simple answer would be the latter.

I come with more question, hooray—

Would it be possible to create a nightwalker-turned-Draculus that dodged Lilith's stake burnings for a while or was otherwise kept from becoming a Draculus for a period of time?
The process of finding all Nightwalkers took over a decade. You can definitely have that be the case.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Alright, that makes sense. I'll settle on Hunter then.

With character abilities, is there any elaboration on how that is organised? Are there common augments between hunters beyond stat enhancers, such as seeing through the eyes of an animal or bolstering a dagger strike's sharpness to pierce armour?

I saw that the hard stat cap is 70, but I assume it would be strange to have most stats above 50% at this stage. If I were a wandering hunter of some renown (perhaps capable of taking on a team of knights, if that sounds permissible), is there a basis for how I should spread my stats? I know knights hang around 40-50 and soldiers stay under 20, so I was wondering if having vastly variable stats would be strange here.

Is there a restriction on items? I'm guessing you wouldn't want us flooding out inventories with Astral Armaments and the like.

(Sorry for the bombardment of questions!)
I would recommend having 3-4 special abilities. There aren't any specific rules, as I want people to be creative with them. I'll review the abilities and if it works, I'll give it a pass.

It's important to understand the the normal classes (non-evolved classes) are limited in power. Which is why class evolution will be a huge deal later in the story and the cap is at 70%.

Knights aren't just random footsoldiers in this setting. They're renowned fighters that are capable of dealing with tier-7 monsters and above, which itself is a feat that only a select few are capable of. Knights are also not a title given to just anyone, and they rarely ever stay in groups. Defeating a group of knights would be a difficult task.

The chances are, if your character meets a knight, they'll know the knight's name and title.

No, it wouldn't be too strange. You can play around between 20 - 50 with one stat hanging above 50-70, as long as their background justifies it. And no, there aren't restrictions for items. However, I will suggest that people shouldn't give their character too many items as that would make item collecting later rather stale.

But I also cannot allow people to have more than one Astral Armament, unfortunately. They're tools of destruction and having more than one would be problematic.

Emerald

The Emerald Knight
All classes (excluding the evolved classes) cannot use the standard magic, such as summoning a ball of fire or materializing blades of ice. It's sole physical augmentations and CQC buffs. For example, a Vanguard could propell themselves onto the face of the enemy by using a temporary speed buff that'll accelerate their movement for half a second. This would allow them to dash forward even faster than they normally can.

Creative liberties apply to character abilities.
You mentioned here that all uses of Chaos Roots for all classes provides physical augmentations rather than classical magic. What kind of abilities could a Caster have, given their abilities are physical yet they cannot get close to enemies?

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
You mentioned here that all uses of Chaos Roots for all classes provides physical augmentations rather than classical magic. What kind of abilities could a Caster have, given their abilities are physical yet they cannot get close to enemies?
Ah, my mistake. Casters and Elementalists are the sole exception, is what I meant to say. Instead of physical augmentations, they are given the ability to utilize the power of the Void to summon lethal attacks. The main difference is that Casters can only use the Void energy to create attacks, while Elementalists can create elemental attacks.

Vulpes lagopus

Pretend this is something clever.
Serobliss Serobliss Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I understand what you mean when you describe Ukrethia as a theocracy that is part stratocratic. Are some government positions held by religious leaders and others by military personnel? Does a person have to be one or the other to obtain a government position? Who is the actual ruler of the country, and what is their title?

Also, on a different note, do the stats for the Physical Examination portion of the CS depend on a character's class? If so, what would be reasonable stats for an Archer? Is "control" analogous to dexterity?

EDIT: Nvm, I saw the explanation for control in the CS code.

Last edited:

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Serobliss Serobliss Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to make sure I understand what you mean when you describe Ukrethia as a theocracy that is part stratocratic. Are some government positions held by religious leaders and others by military personnel? Does a person have to be one or the other to obtain a government position? Who is the actual ruler of the country, and what is their title?
Ukrethia's laws and government is a theocracy, but it is enforced by a stratocratic group. Meaning, most of the government is made of soldiers and military men and women. It is a mixture of both. So you would be correct to assume that some positions are held by religious leaders while some are occupied by military personnel. Think of it as a two-party system with mutual objectives.

It's an empire, so it's ruled by an emperor/empress.

Vulpes lagopus

Pretend this is something clever.
Ukrethia's laws and government is a theocracy, but it is enforced by a stratocratic group. Meaning, most of the government is made of soldiers and military men and women. It is a mixture of both. So you would be correct to assume that some positions are held by religious leaders while some are occupied by military personnel. Think of it as a two-party system with mutual objectives.

It's an empire, so it's ruled by an emperor/empress.
Got it. Thank you! Am I correct in assuming those religious leaders are servants of Herrscher? Are there military academies for those aiming for a government position?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but also, what would happen if an Aerouant walked into Aeslengard? Would they be driven out with pitchforks and torches, or would they simply face a lot of discrimination? Is staying there for any period of time viable?

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Got it. Thank you! Am I correct in assuming those religious leaders are servants of Herrscher? Are there military academies for those aiming for a government position?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but also, what would happen if an Aerouant walked into Aeslengard? Would they be driven out with pitchforks and torches, or would they simply face a lot of discrimination? Is staying there for any period of time viable?
Ukrethians are't pious compared to that of Aeslengardians, but they're worshippers of Ausar/Herrscher, indeed. The way Ukrethians worship their god is similar to how disciplined soldiers follow their commander, or how angels worship the bibilical god in christianity. It's more of a soldier-commander relationship.

I'm sure there are many institutions that helps people ascend into government positions—a military academy or not.

Aeslengard issued a new law after the end of the Third Divine Conflict that ended slavery in their country. Instead of 'freeing' the captured, they slaughtered them in thousands. This law was specifically aimed towards the genocide of other races. Every Aeslengardian territory must yield to the law that every non-Nephilim personnel must be executed, either on the spot or through public trials.

So to answer your question more directly, upon the realization that an Aerouant is walking amongst them, they would be captured and be put on trial. For what, exactly? Well, for being a non-Nephilim walking on the holy grounds of Sindragar.

Emerald

The Emerald Knight
Aeslengard issued a new law after the end of the Third Divine Conflict that ended slavery in their country. Instead of 'freeing' the captured, they slaughtered them in thousands. This law was specifically aimed towards the genocide of other races. Every Aeslengardian territory must yield to the law that every non-Nephilim personnel must be executed, either on the spot or through public trials.

So to answer your question more directly, upon the realization that an Aerouant is walking amongst them, they would be captured and be put on trial. For what, exactly? Well, for being a non-Nephilim walking on the holy grounds of Sindragar.
You know, I was starting to think that perhaps I was going a bit far with Darius' hatred for the Nephilim, that perhaps he was too extreme. But after reading this, now I see that his position as little more than moderate. XD

This does beg a question, though. Did the Gods really sit by and let the Nephilim do as they please? Did none of the Gods try to stop them, or at least show disapproval in their butchery?

Kloudy

The Lore King
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
You know, I was starting to think that perhaps I was going a bit far with Darius' hatred for the Nephilim, that perhaps he was too extreme. But after reading this, now I see that his position as little more than moderate. XD
Literally same xD

Kloudy

The Lore King
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Serobliss Serobliss Just got my sheet finished up if you have some time. Sorry for the long backstory, I got a little carried away with the lore. Not sure if the abilities are in line with what you're thinking, but I'm happy to alter them.

Emerald

The Emerald Knight
Serobliss Serobliss And I have finished my sheet as well, found here.

I've changed around the CS somewhat from the previous iteration, and written about the powers I imagine Darius to wield. Let me know what you think, and if I need to rewrite anything then feel free to let me know.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Announcement
Character Review
The following characters have been reviewed:
- [Anaias] Nephilim / Vanguard / OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
- [Darius] Azelthyrian / Caster / Emerald Emerald
- [Iana] Azelthyrian / Archer / ATurei ATurei
- [Otis] Draculus / Hunter / NUSKI NUSKI
- [Sirius] Nephilim / Hunter / Kloudy Kloudy

No issues were found with any of the characters above.
There will be another round of character reviewing done at the 24th. You may post your character on the character thread then.

Awaiting Completion:
- [Adalus] Human / ? / Tice Tice
- [Aetheros] Nephilim / Caster / Malphaestus Malphaestus (Guaranteed Acceptance)
- [Altair] Draculus / ? / Admiral19 Admiral19
- [Anthus] Bestiard / Elementalist / lunar_moth lunar_moth (Guaranteed Acceptance)
- [Aristaios] Aerouant / Archer / Vulpes lagopus Vulpes lagopus
- [Enyo] Aerouant / Vanguard / WinterFestivity WinterFestivity (Guaranteed Acceptance)
- [Esther] Draculus / ? / SleepySheepiez SleepySheepiez
- [Reiner] Draculus / Swordinance / K417 K417 (GM)
- [Shufan] Azelthyrian / ? / voided voided

Characterless:
- Frozen Thyme Frozen Thyme
- accursedjobber accursedjobber

All character sheets must be finished by the 24th of this month. The latest extension I can offer is by the 27th.

Roleplay Changes Discussion:
There have been some changes regarding the limited players.

Originally, I planned on tackling this roleplay with a player number limitation to prevent myself from the exhaustion of having to GM for too many characters. While this remains to be true, the inevitable is that some players will leave in the future, shrinking the playerbase overtime. Of course, reopening the interest check to fill in missing slots would be the ideal solution to this issue, however, integration of new characters for this roleplay may prove to be difficult. And so, to prevent mid-way integration, I will be accepting 15 players total, so when the day comes that people begin to drop, there will be no issues as long as the playercount does not drop below 10.

Following the change, a poll will be held.

Question: Which section of Axelis Fantasia lore would you like to see be written?
- Information on Kyōhen and Aegyium (The two other continents of Terra)

- Complete Map of Terra (Includes Paymonia, Kyōhen, and Aegyium)

- Mysteries of the Infinity Chasm

- Sacretorium Chapter VI: Aeslengard's Greatest Secret Organization

- The Lost Scriptures from the City of Avalon (And why recovering the city is important)

- The Yggdrasil Tree and its Importance

- The Origin of the Greater Vile Knight (Conspiracies)

- Vile Lord of Sitra Achra

- Draculian Blacksteel (Origin, Materials, Special Effects, Famous Swords)

- Vengeful Blood Spirits of Mutou-Kagyou City

- Bifrost Prophecies (A series of ancient prophecies that ended up true)

- Grand Mysteries of Terra (Strange events, individuals, and ruins)

- Legend of Lunastasia the Archmage

- Legend of Arthurus the First Sword Saint

- Legend of Aerouant the Sage

- The Godslayer's Battalion Commanders

If you're interested in seeing more information on these topics, please choose a maximum of three topics.

NUSKI

new-skee
Supporter
Announcement
Character Review

There will be another round of character reviewing done at the 24th. You may post your character on the character thread then.

Awaiting Completion:
- [Aetheros] Nephilim / Caster / Malphaestus Malphaestus (Guaranteed Acceptance)
- [Anthus] Bestiard / Elementalist / lunar_moth lunar_moth (Guaranteed Acceptance)
- [Enyo] Aerouant / Vanguard / WinterFestivity WinterFestivity (Guaranteed Acceptance)

Characterless:

All character sheets must be finished by the 24th of this month. The latest extension I can offer is by the 27th.

Originally, I planned on tackling this roleplay with a player number limitation to prevent myself from the exhaustion of having to GM for too many characters. While this remains to be true, the inevitable is that some players will leave in the future, shrinking the playerbase overtime. Of course, reopening the interest check to fill in missing slots would be the ideal solution to this issue, however, integration of new characters for this roleplay may prove to be difficult. And so, to prevent mid-way integration, I will be accepting 15 players total, so when the day comes that people begin to drop, there will be no issues as long as the playercount does not drop below 10.

Question: Which section of Axelis Fantasia lore would you like to see be written?

- The Lost Scriptures from the City of Avalon (And why recovering the city is important)

If you're interested in seeing more information on these topics, please choose a maximum of three topics.
Regarding the poll:

Information on Kyōhen and Aegyium
The Godslayer's Battalion Commanders
Draculian Blacksteel

Kloudy

The Lore King
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Announcement
Character Review

Awaiting Completion:

Characterless:

The map of Terra, the Sacretorium and the Grand Mysteries of Terra.

I must discover the secrets of this land! And also their street food!

Last edited:

ATurei

The Attic Ghost
Announcement
Character Review

Awaiting Completion:

Characterless:

My vote for The Lost Scriptures from the City of Avalon, The Yggdrasil Tree and its Importance, and Grand Mysteries of Terra!

WinterFestivity

Shez Emblem!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My personal vote is for: Information on Kyōhen and Aegyium, The Legend of Aerouant the Sage and The Lost Scriptures from Avalon! :]

voided

Further, for thy sake!
Personal vote poll wise is
- Bifrost Prophecies

I'll go for:

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'll vote for

Bitches love maps, and I gotta know how high burning down a fancy tree sits on the priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread