• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Axelis Fantasia | Interest Check (Closed)

Malphaestus

Touched by the Apocalypse
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
BUt... I WANNA JOIN DA WOWEPWAYYYY... WAAA ・゜・(ノД`)
I'M COOW ENOuWUGH TO JOIN DA WOWEpWay... I Sweaw.. pwease weconsidewe... 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。
It is possible, however, are you capable of contemplating the reality of the world as it presently is? Namely the fact that we are ruled by individuals who are highly artificial in their background. Is it not strange that others can arise from nothing whilst most of us cannot? Let me tell you, this is precisely because of the fact that it never happened. The fact of the matter is that anyone who rises from nothing is merely a social construct, not real in truth, merely a fabricated persona for the people to admire.

K417

沉默的观察者
It is possible, however, are you capable of contemplating the reality of the world as it presently is? Namely the fact that we are ruled by individuals who are highly artificial in their background. Is it not strange that others can arise from nothing whilst most of us cannot? Let me tell you, this is precisely because of the fact that it never happened. The fact of the matter is that anyone who rises from nothing is merely a social construct, not real in truth, merely a fabricated persona for the people to admire.

Owo nyooes... awe yew tawawking abawaout weawwity??? I cannot fathom whawat yew awe saying... but then again, awwe any of us weaw eben?? ヽ(´□`。)ノ Wises fwom nowoting... a sowociaw constwuct?? Ouw wives awe a sowociaw constwuct... maybe this is aww a fawantasy that we awe pwojecting fwom the widdle pink swush baww that we caww ouw bwain... (´_`。)
Maybe we awe actuwuawwy just ouw bwains being hewd cawaptibe in jawws of test tuwube wiqwuid... and that ebewyting is simuwated.... and winked into the Cwoud that Ewon Muwusk has awweady made fow us.... (*〇□〇)……!

Malphaestus

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Owo nyooes... awe yew tawawking abawaout weawwity??? I cannot fathom whawat yew awe saying... but then again, awwe any of us weaw eben?? ヽ(´□`。)ノ Wises fwom nowoting... a sowociaw constwuct?? Ouw wives awe a sowociaw constwuct... maybe this is aww a fawantasy that we awe pwojecting fwom the widdle pink swush baww that we caww ouw bwain... (´_`。)
Maybe we awe actuwuawwy just ouw bwains being hewd cawaptibe in jawws of test tuwube wiqwuid... and that ebewyting is simuwated.... and winked into the Cwoud that Ewon Muwusk has awweady made fow us.... (*〇□〇)……!
No need to go that far, reality's just being undermined by the inverted-earth people that have built their culture under the arctic.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Stop talking so fast, I can't even hear what you're writing.
Allow me to demonstrate the full extent of my power.
Let me tell you a story about me destroying some LIBERALS.
This happened just a few nights ago. It was keking AWESOME.

"Mr. Shapiro, what are your thoughts on women's rights to have an abortion?"

Ben: "WELL, that's a very interesting QUESTION, SIR. Before I get started, did you know that my WIFE is a DOCTOR?"

Reporter: "...Mr. Shapiro, that's- not-"

Ben: "I didn't think so, LEFTIST. Now back to your question- 'should women be allowed to MURDER and SHOOT innocent BABIES and CHILDREN?"

Reporter: "Sir, that's not what my orig-"

Ben: "OBVIOUSLY not. Now according to PragerU UNIVERSITY, there once was a FARMER who had a DOG, and Bingo was his name-o. Do you know how to spell it?"

Reporter: (silence)

Ben: "B-I-N-G-O. And Bingo was his name-o."

(Stares reporter in the eye; has not blinked since the asked question)

"B, I, N G O, B, I, N G O, B, I, N G O, And Bingo was his name-o."

Reporter: (Visibly taken aback) "Mr. Shapiro, this is ridiculo-"

(The conservative crowd begins laughing and shouting and singing with Ben)

All: "And Bingo was his name-o!"

(Ben shouting as the curtains close,) "Another LEFTIST DESTROYED! BAZINGA!"

Malphaestus

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Allow me to demonstrate the full extent of my power.
Let me tell you a story about me destroying some LIBERALS.
This happened just a few nights ago. It was keking AWESOME.

"Mr. Shapiro, what are your thoughts on women's rights to have an abortion?"

Ben: "WELL, that's a very interesting QUESTION, SIR. Before I get started, did you know that my WIFE is a DOCTOR?"

Reporter: "...Mr. Shapiro, that's- not-"

Ben: "I didn't think so, LEFTIST. Now back to your question- 'should women be allowed to MURDER and SHOOT innocent BABIES and CHILDREN?"

Reporter: "Sir, that's not what my orig-"

Ben: "OBVIOUSLY not. Now according to PragerU UNIVERSITY, there once was a FARMER who had a DOG, and Bingo was his name-o. Do you know how to spell it?"

Reporter: (silence)

Ben: "B-I-N-G-O. And Bingo was his name-o."

(Stares reporter in the eye; has not blinked since the asked question)

"B, I, N G O, B, I, N G O, B, I, N G O, And Bingo was his name-o."

Reporter: (Visibly taken aback) "Mr. Shapiro, this is ridiculo-"

(The conservative crowd begins laughing and shouting and singing with Ben)

All: "And Bingo was his name-o!"

(Ben shouting as the curtains close,) "Another LEFTIST DESTROYED! BAZINGA!"
Whilst this is certainly an impressive display of authority, I cannot help but notice that you spoke so quickly that you actually appeared to argue against the air. This is definitely a powerful technique, if you were a child. I will show you the real strength of argumentative brawn, to humour you. Allow this to be a personally educative experience: "you're a nerd, and you talk so fast your wife hasn't even found the time to hand her divorce papers in."

AND I'M LEFT! Fakts.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Whilst this is certainly an impressive display of authority, I cannot help but notice that you spoke so quickly that you actually appeared to argue against the air. This is definitely a powerful technique, if you were a child. I will show you the real strength of argumentative brawn, to humour you. Allow this to be a personally educative experience: "you're a nerd, and you talk so fast your wife hasn't even found the time to hand her divorce papers in."

AND I'M LEFT! Fakts.
OKAY, Mister MALPAYTUS. I understand your point now. Then, I shall speak EVEN FASTER. EVEN FASTER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY COMPREHEND. Ready? Because ready or not, here I come. Now let's say, hypothetically, you were RIGHT. (which you aren't. Remember, this is a HIPODETICAL STATEMENT.). That would mean that HYtOTETIKALY, you are DUMB. Why? Well, that's haitoteticoly simple. Because if you were right, you WOULDN'T BE LEFT! HAH! So you're hitotekicalie wrong! Perfected defense at full display! This is how you handle the opposition with relative ease, LIBERAL!

Malphaestus

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
OKAY, Mister MALPAYTUS. I understand your point now. Then, I shall speak EVEN FASTER. EVEN FASTER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY COMPREHEND. Ready? Because ready or not, here I come. Now let's say, hypothetically, you were RIGHT. (which you aren't. Remember, this is a HIPODETICAL STATEMENT.). That would mean that HYtOTETIKALY, you are DUMB. Why? Well, that's haitoteticoly simple. Because if you were right, you WOULDN'T BE LEFT! HAH! So you're hitotekicalie wrong! Perfected defense at full display! This is how you handle the opposition with relative ease, LIBERAL!
WELL, WELL, WELL.... MR. ASPARAGUS-FACE, it would appear that you have stepped into my realm of hyper-speed travel. Your word travels so fast the aliens couldn't even find it with their radio-wave sensors. Now, let me illustrate why your HYPODEDICWALL statment is CWOMPWETE WUBBISH: I'm smart, m'kay. So smart your speed doesn't even pale in comparison to my brain-waves, m'kay. I'm so smart, I willed the aliens to find you, and eliminate you, even when your giga-speed voice couldn't, m'kay. I'm so smat, a single thought of mine can send a billion conservatives to their graves in repetence, m'kay-m'kay. Now face me! SHAPIRO! On SWEDISH TELEVISION! And we'll see who wins!!!

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
WELL, WELL, WELL.... MR. ASPARAGUS-FACE, it would appear that you have stepped into my realm of hyper-speed travel. Your word travels so fast the aliens couldn't even find it with their radio-wave sensors. Now, let me illustrate why your HYPODEDICWALL statment is CWOMPWETE WUBBISH: I'm smart, m'kay. So smart your speed doesn't even pale in comparison to my brain-waves, m'kay. I'm so smart, I willed the aliens to find you, and eliminate you, even when your giga-speed voice couldn't, m'kay. I'm so smat, a single thought of mine can send a billion conservatives to their graves in repetence, m'kay-m'kay. Now face me! SHAPIRO! On SWEDISH TELEVISION! And we'll see who wins!!!
A-.. ASPARAGUS FACE!?!?! The audacity oF this mf! No cap, this deadass fool just made fun of my perfect facial structures that'll make Adonis look like a fucking homeless man in the streets of the rome! Utter foolishness dare leave your mouth unscathed, fool? Thou press your crusty ass lips against your mother!? Learn discipline and hearken these words, LIBERAL. Face it, YOU'RE SLOW. sLOWER THAN a fuCking SLOTH (that's pretty slow btw). How do I know? BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TRUE. AND UNDERSTANDING MEANS EVERYTHING IN THE INTELLIGENTSIA.

SMART?!?! ALLOW ME TO PRESENT YOU WITH MY OVERWHELMING, GOD-FEARING, WORLD SHATTERING, STAR FLATTENING, LIBERAL DESTRUCTIONING, DEMOCRAT-ANNIHILATIONING, SOVERN CITIZENING, INTELLECT.

COME AT ME, BOY. I'LL SHOW YOU WHO THE REAL BABY BOSS IS IN THIS ROOM. RAISE YOUR FISTS AND GET YOUR ASTERISKS READY! NO META-GAMING ALLOWED IN THIS COMBAT ROLEPLAY!

Malphaestus

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A-.. ASPARAGUS FACE!?!?! The audacity oF this mf! No cap, this deadass fool just made fun of my perfect facial structures that'll make Adonis look like a fucking homeless man in the streets of the rome! Utter foolishness dare leave your mouth unscathed, fool? Thou press your crusty ass lips against your mother!? Learn discipline and hearken these words, LIBERAL. Face it, YOU'RE SLOW. sLOWER THAN a fuCking SLOTH (that's pretty slow btw). How do I know? BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TRUE. AND UNDERSTANDING MEANS EVERYTHING IN THE INTELLIGENTSIA.

SMART?!?! ALLOW ME TO PRESENT YOU WITH MY OVERWHELMING, GOD-FEARING, WORLD SHATTERING, STAR FLATTENING, LIBERAL DESTRUCTIONING, DEMOCRAT-ANNIHILATIONING, SOVERN CITIZENING, INTELLECT.

COME AT ME, BOY. I'LL SHOW YOU WHO THE REAL BABY BOSS IS IN THIS ROOM. RAISE YOUR FISTS AND GET YOUR ASTERISKS READY! NO META-GAMING ALLOWED IN THIS COMBAT ROLEPLAY!
M'KAY, Nerdo-master. Shapiro! You set the stage this time, too afraid t' go to my homeland and be complete wrecked. But that's alright, I'm a benevolent speedy-brain, so I permit it! We gon' fight on the top of a god damn ethernet cable so there ain't no lag in this gosh darned death battle, y'hear?! We gon' fight so bad, we gon' shatter reality and meld fantasy from fiction and into history, y'hear, nerd. I'm gon wreck you, Shapriro, you ASPARAGUS!

Ait. I've prepped long 'nuff. Lemme tell y' somethin', ait. I'm a gosh darned KING, AIT. I can pummel you into oblivion with a single pinky-slap, ait. But I ain't about that life, y'here. I'm about that brain over that brawn, y'here. NO speedy-talkin' yourself outta this brawl, m'kay. Cuz if you do, I'mma slow-mo hit you until you wake up in the 30th century. I ain't got the hyper-speed talk like you got, but I got that slow-mo hit that ain't got no dodge, ya feel?

So LET'S BLOODY GO. I'm READY, SHAPP. COME AT ME!

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
M'KAY, Nerdo-master. Shapiro! You set the stage this time, too afraid t' go to my homeland and be complete wrecked. But that's alright, I'm a benevolent speedy-brain, so I permit it! We gon' fight on the top of a god damn ethernet cable so there ain't no lag in this gosh darned death battle, y'hear?! We gon' fight so bad, we gon' shatter reality and meld fantasy from fiction and into history, y'hear, nerd. I'm gon wreck you, Shapriro, you ASPARAGUS!

Ait. I've prepped long 'nuff. Lemme tell y' somethin', ait. I'm a gosh darned KING, AIT. I can pummel you into oblivion with a single pinky-slap, ait. But I ain't about that life, y'here. I'm about that brain over that brawn, y'here. NO speedy-talkin' yourself outta this brawl, m'kay. Cuz if you do, I'mma slow-mo hit you until you wake up in the 30th century. I ain't got the hyper-speed talk like you got, but I got that slow-mo hit that ain't got no dodge, ya feel?

So LET'S BLOODY GO. I'm READY, SHAPP. COME AT ME!
ALRIGHT. EHRE I COME, BR*TISH BOY (censored just in case)

*THE REALITY BEFORE THEM SHATTERES. THE STAGE FORMS BENEATH THEIR FEET, AND THE PEOPLE WAVE UNDERNEATH THE STADIUM. THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY ARRIVED! TO THE SIDE, THERE ARE THE POOR, FAT LOSERS FROM THE BR*TI%H BOY.*

Aha! Ay yo! Who would’ve thought that a white boy would bring Hip Hop back? Yo! I do it for the real Hip Hop ya know what I’m sayin? Fuck Drake! Real Hip hop! I’m a spiritual lyrical individual, spiritual miracle lyrical individual, spiritual miracle individual. Skip a da flip a da dip a da skip a da flip a da dip a da illist the killest the skill of the willest. I’m the realest of the realest. I’m bringin real Hip Hop back, don’t you ever forget it. Fuck Lil Wayne, and the government’s corrupt. Fuck the government, cause I don’t give a fuck. I’m the realest of the game, cause I’m underground, and fuck that mainstream shit, cause I don’t give a fuck. I’m a spiritual lyrical miracle lyrical spiritual illist miracle lyrical’s flippin a dippin a skippin. Real Hip Hop! Don’t you ever forget it. It’s that underground shit, it’s the white boy that said it. Real Hip Hop! Don’t you ever forget it.

Malphaestus

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ALRIGHT. EHRE I COME, BR*TISH BOY (censored just in case)

*THE REALITY BEFORE THEM SHATTERES. THE STAGE FORMS BENEATH THEIR FEET, AND THE PEOPLE WAVE UNDERNEATH THE STADIUM. THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY ARRIVED! TO THE SIDE, THERE ARE THE POOR, FAT LOSERS FROM THE BR*TI%H BOY.*

Aha! Ay yo! Who would’ve thought that a white boy would bring Hip Hop back? Yo! I do it for the real Hip Hop ya know what I’m sayin? Fuck Drake! Real Hip hop! I’m a spiritual lyrical individual, spiritual miracle lyrical individual, spiritual miracle individual. Skip a da flip a da dip a da skip a da flip a da dip a da illist the killest the skill of the willest. I’m the realest of the realest. I’m bringin real Hip Hop back, don’t you ever forget it. Fuck Lil Wayne, and the government’s corrupt. Fuck the government, cause I don’t give a fuck. I’m the realest of the game, cause I’m underground, and fuck that mainstream shit, cause I don’t give a fuck. I’m a spiritual lyrical miracle lyrical spiritual illist miracle lyrical’s flippin a dippin a skippin. Real Hip Hop! Don’t you ever forget it. It’s that underground shit, it’s the white boy that said it. Real Hip Hop! Don’t you ever forget it.

*The world shatters around me, and I all I see is nothingness that quickly coalescence into something. A something of the poor stood against the wealthy, in a fight over the right, and a battle over the truth. I quickly realized that it was my quest to stand up and rise against the machine! I needed to overpower the Human Sewing Machine in One-on-One Mortal Rap Combat. And I welcomed it immediately.*

*My voice suddenly turns girlish! Oh no! But I have to let go, gotta go and tell the truth t' the fools, I'm letting go of my pride so that I can bring truth to the true-youth!*

*I listened to Shapiro's spiel, mocking him all throughout. Laughing where it fit, and making faces where sound did not permit. I couldn't stop myself: it was shit.*

Ey, ey, ey. DJ: That lyric ain't no real hysterics, that dude- escaped from the carnivore's stew- ain't got no true raps, y' blew straight outta high school, fool. Lemme tell you, I got that sick fuel t' fuel m'self through this shit attempt at a real coup. But, truth be fooled; imma sue you, Ben Shapir-ew.

Last edited:

Emerald

The Emerald Knight
This looks interesting. I think I may try out a Bestiard character, I have a good portrait for one and have an idea for a backstory.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
I will update the Chaos Root and CS tab in the coming day. There were some development issues regarding the Chaos Root so that may be further delayed, but the CS format and (optional) code will be available for everyone soon enough.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
Announcement
Apologies for the delays, as I've been unusually busy this past week. However, as it is not permanent but only for this week, the roleplay will aim to start at around the end of September. Your patience would be greatly appreciated.

Patch Notes:
- The CS page is now up! All character sheets should be finished by the 14th of September. Extensions will only be warranted with a valid reason and until September 21st.

Coming in the future:
- Objective list for the Ashen Knights that the roleplay will follow.
- Finish the hostile monsters codex and the information on the Vile Beasts.
- Finish the Chaos Root system.
- Update the NPC list with information.

If you have any questions, please ask them here.

lunar_moth

✧・゚:* ♡♡♡ *:・゚✧
  • Full Name
    Anthus “Anthy” Grey of Brindleweald

Race
    Bestiard

Height
    5ft 7.5in / 171.8cm

Birthplace
    Brindleweald Village, Exultius, Paymonia

Starting Level
    [PENDING]

Last edited:

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Design & Code by Serobliss
Axelis Fantasia
Character by OverconfidentMagi
Chapter I. Introduction
Anaias - Main Theme (Identity)
Blue Dragon
Chaos Root: Hyreus
Anaias
General Information
Race
Nephilim, passing as Aerouant
Height
150 cm
Class
Hyreus, Vanguard
Origin
Aeslengard
Description
Pretender Dragon
Anaias is a female Aurouant with a youthful appearance, very long dark blue hair, and two curved horns of the same deep blue, with shells and pearls strung between them. Her body-hugging attire seems almost crudely painted on, but be it cold wind or disapproving gazes, she acts blissfully unaware of either. By far the most notable feature though is her hands, which she leaves partially transformed in the form of draconic claws. Those claws can tear through flesh and bone as easily as one would imagine, so she must be extra careful when handling more delicate tasks, and even then accidents frequently happen. But she adamantly refuses to transform her hands, or even vocalize her reason for keeping them as they are. Not that it's easy to get her to speak on any other topic. Anaias rarely chooses to speak, preferring to communicate with gestures or simple noises. She manages to be expressive enough this way, but getting detailed information out of her can prove difficult, if not impossible. The brief explanation she finally gave was a softly spoken, "hurt voice." But even if she doesn't often speak up, she shows her emotions and thoughts plainly on her face, normally a peaceful smile or concerned look. Don't let the silent beauty deceive, she has those claws for a reason. Her approach to fighting quickly shatters any misconceptions witnesses held of her. She fights like a beast, a berserker, reckless violence without control or restraint. She wields no magic, follows no strategy, simply throws herself at her predator or prey and beats, cuts, crushes, and tears them apart with her claws until their blue has been dyed bloody red. She loses herself in battle, clearly enjoying herself in the moment, but seems oddly cold and somehow even more silent afterwards. Often she'll simply disappear after a battle, reappearing without explanation hours, maybe even a whole day, later, usually because she got hungry and doesn't bother carrying money to purchase food for herself.

It's often hard to separate truth from lies, but in Anaias' case it's rather simple. Despite what she would have everyone believe, including herself, she is not actually an Aerouant. She's a Nephilim girl, truly as young as she looks. All of that being a dragon story is just that, a story she tells, what she wishes was the truth, hiding her holy blood from people who would hate it half as much as she does herself. The horns, the jewelry, the ridiculous clothing, all simply water given shape. Even her long hair, not even regrown enough to reach her shoulders. Even her claws... replacement arms for the ones she lost years ago. The water gives her the appearance she desires. She doesn't talk because she hates how others react to hearing her voice for the first time, and she loses it easily even if she did speak up. Years spent constantly screaming damaged her voice to the point that it healed into that broken state. Her voice and missing arms are the only remaining scars from that dark part of her life now, physically at least. Being a Nephilim Anaias heals from most wounds without leaving any reminders of the pain. That's how she's able to fight so recklessly, hiding every injury she receives until her body heals itself. She barely even flinches even if cut, stabbed, or burned. It's nothing she hasn't felt countless times before, and she survived then, so why bother going out of her way to avoid it? It's so much easier to take the hit and brutally tear apart the enemy in retaliation. Only caring for herself and her master, Anaias thinks nothing of slaughtering her enemies, or even innocent bystanders should they be in the way. Survival will always take priority.
Ambitions
The Shape of Desire
Anaias doesn't have many real wants of her own. She just wants to make her master happy. The last thing he told her to do was help out the princess, so that's what Anaias intends to do. Aside from that, she does enjoy getting into fights and taking out her stress on any monster or person unlucky enough to fall into the 'okay to kill' bucket, which is the overwhelming majority. If by fighting she can manage to get a bit stronger, then she'd like that as well, since it might mean she could protect her master one day, as improbable as the idea seems. A more minor goal, a side project really, is her desire to spread pro-aerouant propaganda to anyone that shows promise. This has been met with mixed results thus far. As for more unrealistic ambitions, her impossible wish is to be reborn as an aerouant, not just as her disguise but for real. She hates her own kind, her own blood, but she's fallen in love with dragons, or rather one in particular, and would give anything to be like him.
Regrets
Golden Fractures
Most of the things Anaias regrets are things that have happened to her rather than things she'd done. Perhaps that lack of agency in her own life should be the thing she regrets most of all, but the thought hasn't even crossed her mind. Her regrets and all other painful things she forces far into the depths of her mind where she can pretend she's forgotten. Maybe she should regret never seeing her family again, but she doesn't because she thinks she'd probably kill them out of hate. Her parents didn't stop her from going away with those people, even her sister that didn't do anything wrong and probably understood as little as she did herself back then. Anaias thinks she'd take out all of her anger and pain on those people if she ever saw them again, so she doesn't regret never seeing her family. Losing her arms was painful, yes, but Anaias wouldn't say it's anything she regrets. It's just something that happened, one of her many physical scars, unique only in its visibility. The only physical scar she's ever found truly painful is that she'll never be able to have children, but that's something she'll never be brave enough to say aloud. That's probably her only real regret.
Chapter II. Combat Statistic
Chaos Root: Hyreus
Awakening History & Experiences
In an exception to the common rule as a Nephilim child, Anaias was not born inheriting a Chaos Root. This unluck of chance caused her much misfortune, but that time will be covered elsewhere. We skip ahead to after all of that, when she was safe being lost in the wilderness with the gruff old Aerouant that rescued her from her situation. Like her previous captors, he was interested in using her for his own goals. But unlike those before, he was not cruel about it. He traded access to her blood for a promise to do what he could about her missing arms. That would eventually lead to him transferring a Chaos Root into her, taken unwillingly from another Nephilim, which she couldn't have cared less about. Having gone through many experiments involving implanting Chaos Roots into her body in the past, this time like all the other times her body rejected it. Her master forced the bond to hold using the Astral Armament in his possession, a golden dagger with the properties of shaping, bonding, and repairing broken things. Not only did the Chaos Root take hold, it immediately absorbed the armament itself to fulfill Anaias' desire. She gluttonously took his weapon and used its properties to drain the nearby river of its water and shape it around herself to give her the appearance she wished for. Curiously, marks that appear on her body near the golden scar where the Chaos Root was implanted fade immediately the instant they recover. Her master's theory is that all available magic is being funneled into maintaining her initial wish, but he wasn't able to come to any definite conclusions before he had to depart and send the girl away.
Physical Examination
Strength Measurement
Strength
Mobility
Endurance
Arts
Control
Inventory
Astral Armament: Kintsugi
jzNbHUR.jpg
Kintsugi, also called 'As Above' and 'Midas', was an Astral Armament in the possession of Nidhoc the Red, Anaias' master. It had the curious properties of giving intangible things shape and solidity, as well as bonding and repairing broken things. When he transferred a Chaos Root into the girl's body, he used the latter properties of the weapon to force the transfer to take. What he did not count on was the girl to already be trying to utilize the new Chaos Root before it had even manifested any marks. She sacrificed his weapon right from between his fingers. So it isn't exactly right to say the weapon is in her possession at this point, the only remnant of it being the golden scar below her chest where her Chaos Root was implanted and into which the weapon disappeared.

Aeslengard Mask
tdIv2vZ.png
Anaias never wants to wear a mask again, but sometimes she needs to do bad things, and when she does, it's better for a Nephilim to bear the consequences. Like everything else about her, this mask is a fake of shaped water. It has no impressive propertied beyond its durability and that its eyes glow when exposed to mana. Anaias doesn't actually see through the eyes of the mask, so this is no problem. She can see through the entirety of the water-made mask.
Chapter III. Background
Backstory Title
Act I. Days spent Lying
Anaias comes from a small village hidden beyond Aeslengard. Not as hidden as they'd thought. It no longer exists.

Anaias was unlucky enough to be captured by Aeslengard, resulting in her imprisonment, torture, and experimentation on. But in a reversal of fortune was lucky enough to be rescued when a red dragon attacked and completely destroyed the facility she was kept in. She took advantage of the chaos to escape in the only direction she considered safe: following the dragon when it retreated after its attack. The dragon proved to be another aerouant, which she only discovered after her starved endurance reserves finally ran out and she collapsed, only to wake up to a gruff old man preparing food.

This man, for all his unfriendliness, allowed Anaias to travel with him and even taught her how to defend herself for when he had to go off to places she couldn't go with. She calls him her master, a title he neither approved not discouraged. It's clear as day how strongly she feels about her stern mentor, beaming and blushing at the most meager of praise from him. After travelling together for a long time, he told her he would be leaving on a longer journey and that she should find a place in the world for herself. Anaias only cared for her master, so she begged him to let her help him, even if it wasn't at his side, and after wearing his patience to nothing he finally told her of a person he thought held great promise, and asked Anaias to help that person. Solara Evernight.

It makes for a good story, even containing bits of the truth, as all good lies should. Now, for the truth.
Act II. Days spent in Bliss
Anaias, born Sephira Anael, as with the overwhelming majority of Nephilim, hails from Aeslengard. Knowing nothing but her own blessed way of life, she had a perfectly normal, perfectly happy childhood there. She was happy to serve her gods, happy to wear her mask, happy to hate the unclean outsiders, and after her eighth birthday came and went, she was happy to go with the masked men that arrived to escort her away. Because nothing unhappy happens to the blessed within Aeslengard.
Act III. Days spent in Pain
But she was not one of the blessed. She was defective, having failed to inherit a Chaos Root, and therefor must be unclean herself. She didn't understand it. She hadn't done anything wrong, not in all her life. She'd done everything right!

It's hard to know exactly what Anaias experienced after being taken away. Even when truthfully retelling her story thus far, there are things she refuses to speak of. Things that only escape her lips as pitiful echoes rising up from the depths of her frequent nightmares, that not even the most spiteful soul would dare press her to recall once awake. Those things are finally receding into her past, and she survived, though she'd call it more of failing to die, those long five years during which she experienced a living hell. But even as she tries to forget everything she was put through, her body will always remember. Remember how her arms burned and destroyed themselves from the inside and needed to be amputated before her entire body was torn apart, remember how she screamed so loud and often that her body got used to it and her throat began to heal itself back to that damaged state, remember that the first thing Aeslengard does to defective Nephilim is ensure they can never produce more unclean offspring. Anaias' scars remind her of many unpleasant things, but one scar is different: a thin golden scar centered just below her chest. That one is different.
Act IV. Days spent Free
6d54db3a52b3b46958eccf1277605bce.jpg

Without prelude or warning, the facility she was being held in was completely destroyed. A red dragon of incredible size simply tore and melted its way inside, looking for something, slaughtering everyone and everything that tried to stop it, and after presumably finding what it sought, simply leaving as unceremoniously as it had appeared. The sudden chaos and destruction just happened to free Anaias, and as in her fake story she fled following the dragon's path. A young girl, lacking in proper clothing besides a thin medical sheet, footwear of any kind, stamina from not seeing the world outside her holding cell or labs for experiments for years, not to mention the difficulty of giving chase while lacking two limbs important for balance, she of course soon collapsed trying to give chase after the retreating dragon's shadow. And when she awoke, she was somewhere unknown, far from where she'd fallen, with a man sternly looking down at her. He'd prepared food for her, and that was the extent of his kindness. He watched in stony silence as she struggled to get the food to her mouth. That set the standard for the time they would spent traveling together, her and the dragon-man that had never meant to save her. He was not kind, offered no warm words or help, he simply tolerated her presence with constant indifference. He only ever brought up her failings when it inconvenienced him, such as when he climbed a cliff and it took Anaias multiple days of of failing to make any progress before somehow managing to drag herself up, her blood, sweat, tears, and spit marking her struggle to get to where he'd reached effortlessly. He was not happy to be forced to wait, not that he'd been obligated to or indicated any intention to wait for her.

It was simply for his own convenience that he did what years of torturous experimentation hadn't managed to and gave Anaias a Chaos Root. He needed Nephilim blood for his experiments, but unlike her previous captors, he didn't care to take it from her unwillingly. He offered a trade: her blood for his experiments in return for his efforts to restore her missing arms. He had an idea to use his Astral Armament to accomplish such a miracle, but the arms he created for her failed to respond to her movement, so his next experiment was to implant her with a Chaos Root so she could move the arms using mana. Hunting down a Nephilim to rip a Chaos Root from was trivial, but getting the girl's body to accept it much less so. He ended up having to use his Astral Armament throughout the process to force the bond to take, only for the girl to sacrifice the thing, a tool of immeasurable value, the instant the root bonded in order to fulfill her wish. Well, what's gone is gone, and she'd made her new arms for herself. There was an odd side-effect that seems to make her unable to cast any other magic despite now having a Chaos Root, an odd phenomena he spent many months studying, but regardless he'd fulfilled his side of the promise.
XeqlS2a.jpg

After traveling with her master for a few years, Anaias had gotten used to him leaving her for stretches of time, sometimes many weeks. He simply told her he would be gone for a while and disappeared to parts unknown, leaving her to fend for herself until he reappeared wherever she happened to be later. The first few times she was left alone Anaias struggled considerably. She was terrified of being alone, that her master had abandoned her and would never come back for her, just as her family had abandoned her so easily, but she soon lacked the time for such trivial thoughts as, on top of having to provide for herself while alone, she also came under constant attack from all of the monsters that her Nephilim blood attracted in droves, monsters her master's presence usually kept far away or that he thought an annoyance and delt with before she was even aware. She quickly got used to surviving on her own though, and each time her master returned she was able to simply greet him with a smile or unreturned hug.
Act V. Days spent Apart
ObVPlcK.jpg
And then he got a letter. He laughed after reading it and shoved it unceremoniously into a pocked with other unimportant things, and he didn't mention it again for some time. But Anaias payed attention to her master's brooding and noticed the crease between his eyes had deepened. Whatever that letter had said had managed to trouble her master. He announced he would be leaving again. Anaias smiled and waved him off. For potentially a long time. She was confused. He told her she should find someplace she could belong without him. She was terrified. This part is the same as before. He finally relented and pulled out that crumpled letter. It was an invitation, a request from the Princess of Exultius - who? - to Nidhoc the Red - Anaias' master - to join her and become an Ashen Knight, to fight alongside her and bring the Fifth Divine Conflict to an end. Her master was not planning to run off to become one of the little girl's toy soldiers, he was off to seek something else, but the princess' letter had certainly pushed him towards action after too long standing by idle. If Anaias wished to do something useful for her master, perhaps helping out this fledgling dictator overthrow her dear old daddy would fulfill that wish.

He wrote a short and impolite letter and sent it alongside his ward off to find the princess.

Dear spoiled brat,

My response to your once in a human lifetime offer is as follows: No, I'm busy. Deal with your dear old daddy issues yourself. I assume it was your brother that told you how to contact me? A shame about him, he wasn't terrible. Considered making a detour for the funeral. Didn't bother. If you follow in his footsteps I might attend yours instead. Should be lively. As I said, I'm busy with other things at the moment. A strange kind of monster decided to eat my weapon, so I've got to go find another. Ask me again after that and I might reconsider. Anyway, the girl I've sent with this letter is my apprentice or something. I don't feel like babysitting her anymore, so she's your problem now. Don't worry, I told her to listen to you, so just use her however you want. And good luck with that whole god-killer-killing thing.
Later,
-Nidhoc​

Last edited:

voided

Further, for thy sake!
KICKS DOOR DOWN
SERO-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ok messing around aside, i got some questions. Would it be possible to create a character who's essentially in the wrong place? Like said character got yoinked into the ashen knights but doesnt really wanna be there / is confused how they are there. essentially character's initial goal is to simply get out, but obv that isn't gonna happen but will change throughout the rp.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
KICKS DOOR DOWN
SERO-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ok messing around aside, i got some questions. Would it be possible to create a character who's essentially in the wrong place? Like said character got yoinked into the ashen knights but doesnt really wanna be there / is confused how they are there. essentially character's initial goal is to simply get out, but obv that isn't gonna happen but will change throughout the rp.
Personally, I'd rather not have that be the common trope among the characters. It's disruptive and rather inconvenient to the flow of the story, but considering this is a roleplay, I don't mind making it work. I only say this because there seems to already be an applicant going with a character that ended up in the Ashen Knights without intentionally being there.

Depending on how tame it is, it shouldn't be a problem. For example:

"Julia's ambition does not align with that of the Ashen Knights, and through logical reasoning, desires to leave the moment the chance is given. However, within her aching heart lies curiosity and a desire a place to call home. Thus, she is unable to truly leave even if the chance is given, as unbeknownst to her, she has found her family within the comradeship."

This would work. Now remove the last two sentences and it might not pass.

I'm fairly confident that every character who aren't sure about the Ashen Knights will find their home in the brother/sisterhood through Solara's leadership, anyway. Just make sure that there's more than "She wishes to leave, and will do so upon an immediate chance".

Emerald

The Emerald Knight
How long ago was the Fourth Divine Conflict?

I've settled on a Azelthyrian character, but I do not know if it is possible that he could have been alive during the war or not.

Tice

One Thousand Club
For someone living in Exultius, but outside the capital and cities, what would their education look like? Is there any kind of formal schooling, or is it reliant on their parents/trade or guild masters to pass on literacy and skillsets?

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
How long ago was the Fourth Divine Conflict?

I've settled on a Azelthyrian character, but I do not know if it is possible that he could have been alive during the war or not.
The Fourth Divine Conflict concluded somewhere around 3900, and the date of the roleplay's current date is 3920. It should be possible that they're still alive.

Serobliss

과대 망상
Helper
For someone living in Exultius, but outside the capital and cities, what would their education look like? Is there any kind of formal schooling, or is it reliant on their parents/trade or guild masters to pass on literacy and skillsets?
As the setting is medieval, it'd be the latter. Outside of the capital, natives of Exultius would have to rely their education on their parents and mentors, and sometimes knights and land nobles that provides them with the standard education.

Users who are viewing this thread