• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Awakening (private with SleepyBuddha)

Sierra stays and watches, her eyes widening “Eight o’ clock!” She yells, seeing someone aiming at his cover. She doesn’t know weapons well, but she gets the strong feeling that that one will be bad if it gets anywhere near Norman. He hasn’t had the chance to fire yet, still adjusting his aim, but he will soon.

Norman almost instantly reacted to the information and terminated the threat which had been an insurgent with an old Soviet dragonav sniper rifle. If Sierra didn’t say anything he and many other men would have been easily picked off. A few moments after realizing that something went from with their ambush the insurgents backed off and the Convoy could finally begin tending to the wounded. Unfortunately one of the wounded was a K-9 unit whose furry friend had taken a bullet. Is was laying on its side in obvious pain, and looked like it would have to be put down.

Sierra gasps, going to the dog. “Oh poor baby… you’re gonna be okay. You did good. You’re still breathing…” she lowers her head, listening for a moment, before smiling. “And no sucking sounds! Okay… Norman looks busy.” She reaches over for a rock, sighing as her hand goes through it. “No good. I can try to diagnose it, but someone needs to disinfect and cover the wound… poor baby.”

Norman wanted to help the dog just as much as Sierra did which inadvertently allowed him to gain a bit of her knowledge on the subject, but more interestingly his body began to mirror the actions she wanted to take. Everyone in the convoy was a bit surprised to see the EOD guy seemed to know what he was doing.

Sierra grins. “Hey, didn’t know you had animal first aid! We’re gonna want to get some disinfectant on that, and he won’t like it. Where’s his handler? That’ll probably be the best person for keeping him calm.” She starts looking through the different vehicles for supplies.

Sierra was now effectively speaking through Norman as well and so the guys in the unit did the best that they could to help. Though they were confused they weren’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth. The Dog’s handler came and knelt next to his companion as ‘Norman’ was handed a basic first aid kit. They didn’t have anything special for the dog so what was good for people was going to have to be good enough at the moment. The other actual medics were focused on tending to the human wounded. They needed to get moving and quickly.

Sierra really doesn’t understand what’s going on, feeling herself take the kit, and puts antibiotic on a gauze pad, pressing it firmly onto the wound, before wrapping an ace bandage around the body in an X pattern to secure the makeshift bandage in place. “That’s it. Good boy. You’re being so brave.” She murmurs, though that bit isn’t said by Norman. “We can’t let him walk. Let’s wrap him up in a blanket, or whatever else we have. It’ll prevent him from moving too much, and keep his temperature up.”

The handler nods in appreciation and behind to take over his companions care now that first aid had been rendered. Norman, now in control of his actions again hopped into the vehicle and once making sure that the wrecked vehicle couldn’t be repaired and used against them the convoy continued on. Soon enough Norman was aboard his transport of the the sandbox and was heading back home.

Sierra is smiling. “Well… that entire situation was very scary.” She says, letting herself relax now as her body starts to walk home. “Are you okay? That bit just now was… really weird. Felt like I was doing it.” She pauses for a brief moment. “Yeah… no way I could have made that up. Which means we’re both real… which means I have research to do. This can’t be the first time, right?”

Norman sat quietly as his plane took off. Flexing his fingers as if to make sure they were really his. It was quite a strange situation.. his body moved without his instructions and accomplished something he had no idea what to do. “ I’m fine... I think.” Norman said as he appeared beside Sierra looking quite confused.

It’s strange, both of them being in two places. Her both sitting next to him on the plane, and walking with him on the way home. “Yeah… did I fuckin’ possess you? I didn’t realize we could do that.” She shudders. “I mean, it was for a good cause, and nothing went wrong, but still weird.”

“Rather than you possessing me. I think it was more that I let you drive for a bit.” Norman said trying to recall the feeling from that situation. For now he was tired after that firefight and his consciousness was fading. “ I’ll... be back.” He said before falling asleep. His mind and body were both a wreck and needed some rest to recover.

She nods, disappearing from beside him as he passes out, and heading to her apartment. She waves to Jade, who smiles, and waves back. “Hey, hows it going?”
“Pretty good! Creepy guy, but other than that, nothing.”
“Yikes. Oh, hey, did you check out that Psychologist I sent you?”
“Yeah, seems a little sketchy. No social media or anything.”
“Aw, that’s a shame. My dad said he’s really good… but whatever makes you comfy.”
“Thanks Jade. Anyway, I’m gonna go research for a project. See you later!”
Sierra heads back to her room then, getting on the computer to search for any other time something like this might have happened.

Norman’s dreams were once more filled with violence and death. By the time he woke up it was time for his plane transfer. Having spend the entire 12 hour trip asleep he was just glad to be back in his home country. Though he wasn’t looking forward to having to visit the psychiatrist thanks to his strange episode, but it was better than defusing explosives all day.

Sierra has already slept and woken again by the time he wakes up, and has gotten back to studying their odd condition, Calamity curled up on her lap. Jade comes in to give her breakfast, laughing about how she knows Sierra wouldn’t get it herself. Sierra doesn’t notice Jade reading what she can from her screen.

Norman’s day was spend from one plane ride to another until he finally landed at the international airport in Nashville late into the afternoon. Finally he was home and after sitting around so much all he wanted to do was go out for a run. First however he was received by his parents at the airport who told him all about what the family had been up to in his absence and if he had met anyone special during his deployment. His mother was never one to stop reminding him how much she looked forward to grandchildren.
Norman managed to dodge the question well enough but his astute mother could tell he was hiding something, but the nature of his work was such that there was just some things he didn’t talk about.

Sierra goes to her classes for the day, which is just a few hours. She’s well aware of how she can’t do too many in a day, so she doesn’t. Means her degree will take longer though. After that, she heads home, and decides to check on Norman, appearing next to him, but not saying anything in case she startles him.

As he continued to understand whatever this was Norman realized that before Sierra appeared there was always a small warning. Like a knock at the door before she entered his mind. He wasn’t at the point where he understood this thing enough to stop her, if that was even possible, but at least there wasn’t a surprise.
Sierra found Norman running around the backwoods of his childhood home. Apparently he was born and raised in quite the rural area in Tennessee. When he noticed Sierra he stopped running and took the moment to catch his breath.
“ So your still here then. Well at least whatever this is it’s consistent.”

Sierra nods, looking around. “Yeah. I just have to think about being here with you, and here I am. Sorry to say Google doesn’t know what’s going on either. Anything i found was either labeled as fiction, or too old or vague to verify.” She huffs. “Seriously… we can’t be the first, right?” She smiles, seeing a fox some fifty feet off. “It’s certainly interesting.”

“ It’s certainly highly unlikely that this is unique to us in the whole of human existence. I certainly don’t think I’m that special.”
Norman states he ‘visits’ with Sierra.
“ So are you still going to visit a psychiatrist? Given that you’re so certain that I exist and all.” Norman peeks out the window as he scans for threats.

“I mean, I also have chronic anxiety. But I don’t think I’ll mention you.” She says. Jade is still sitting on her bed, alternating between typing on her phone and watching Sierra work at the computer. Thankfully it’s the projected Sierra that’s speaking. Would have been weird otherwise.

“ Fair enough, I probably have PTSD, maybe I’ll just explain that I have a mental break from all the stress. He’ll probably hive me some pills and I’ll have to be honorably discharged.”
Norman says thinking about it for a moment. It was the most logical conclusion to what happened, and perhaps it was more of a door opening. Hell if he really wanted to continue working in EOD he could just become a cop.
As Norman continues to look out Sierras window he notices someone he’s fairly certain is that young man, but he decides not to say anything. Doesn’t want her to get anxious over his paranoia.

Sierra shudders. “Who wouldn’t?” She mutters, remembering how scared she got yesterday when he was attacked. She’ll never be able to forget that. “Do you think we’ll ever figure out what’s going on? I’m kind of lost, at least for the moment. It’s gonna be really weird just going through life like this.” She hums.

“ We’ll figure it out as we go, step by step. No need to rush ourselves here. The tortoise won the race in the end not the hare after all. Let’s just be careful.”
Norman began running again as he still had a lot on his mind. Despite the happy reunion with his family he couldn’t shake the feeling he was being watched. He couldn’t find any evidence for it so he mostly thought it was just his paranoia again, but it was exactly that paranoia that had kept him alive for so long at the sandbox.

Sierra nods. “Right… I always hated that story. The tortoise won because the hare was stupid, not because of any personal-“ She flinches, heading a knock on the door. Jade grins. “Food’s here!” She says brightly, getting up and heading for the door. Sierra feels something in her gut tighten, but she can’t figure out why she’s so anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back