• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy AWAKENING CETO: A "Did You Just Flirt with Cthulhu?" Themed Roleplay

iamthelizardqueen

Like, you know, whatever
PLOT:
Far, far away on the planet of Mythos, lives an unfortunate adventurer that has found themselves in debt to the Queen of the Underworld, Hel. <Insert character backstory here I guess?>

The quest she had in mind seemed simple enough: Find the missing pieces of her late sister's body.

The macabre enchantress's boney fingers held a map as she explained in her wispy voice, "There is a lonely island sitting in the murky sea, but on that isle lives a vast ecosystem of humanoid monsters unlike any other on Mythos and you must travel to the Isle of the Zodiacs where you will find the keepers of her features." She told them with her face hidden out of sight thanks to her hooded cloak and the dark conditions, "Find Ceto's bodily pieces and bring them to me for reconstruction." The goddess grabbed an ancient scroll and sack with assorted items then summoned a portal behind the unlucky fellow. "Don't mess this up," Hel warned as she shoved the tools the adventurer would need into their arms and forced them into the gateway to the surface world.

Now the adventurer, alone and in a port town of their own world, had a choice to make: Take the next boat to the Isle of the Zodiacs to awaken an ancient goddess or try to hide from death.

So that may seem intense or dramatic (or maybe even mildly confusing with Norse and Greek elements), but I'm open to explaining where I would like to take the plot from here, but I'll keep details loose since this is just for possible recruitment. One of the tools Hel gives the character is a list of what seem to be riddles for the body parts that each keeper has. Your character (or characters if you'd like, I'm not picky) then has to find each Zodiac (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc... They're all there!) and must decided either to fight, romance or persuade them to give you the object that is symbolic of the body part they've been chosen to have. Like I said before, you can choose to romance, persuade, or battle these creatures for their parts so they are mostly humanoid with some monster/animal features so they aren't horrific. I also tried keeping the gender ambiguous so the protagonist can be male, female, or nonbinary, but all the Zodiacs are female. Anyways, there's a lot to unpack so go head if you want to ask questions, voice concerns or if you're feeling bold reply! :)

Also I understand that the ending is a bit abrupt so if you'd like to roleplay a more in-depth conversation between Hel and your character, we can back it up a little. Just let me know ahead of time.

Look forward to hopefully hearing from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back