• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avolair Academy: School For The Supernatural [OPEN][New][Modern Fantasy][Sandbox][Collaborative][Literate][Revamped][Students, Guardians, Hunters]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alright, let me when and such. I'll come up with a post to do and all that fun jazz. We're going to need a principal
Okay, I am thinking they can be a npc character just to get things kicked off, and if someone wants to adopt that character later they can. I would have you make them since your idea. They would be titled The Headmaster though. What do you think? There would also be a vice principal type role, not sure what we'd call them, but I could leave that one open a few days.

Alright, let me when and such. I'll come up with a post to do and all that fun jazz. We're going to need a principal
I have added a few more settings in the extra area post, that you can find on the front page. I believe you can start drafting your post. Students will not come across teachers or etc so much, but perhaps other grounds staff. Today would also be the day students get their first weapons, or perhaps they have just received them, they just get their dorm assignments, schedules, etc. Do not post it yet, and just let me know when it is done, and I will try to finish when I am trying to do quick. It's the just arrive and settle in post, and we assume the next day is classes. You can do whatever else you want with everything.

I'm very interested in this! I'm wondering if I can play a sort of Noble servant character who has to protect one of the purebloods and help them out with tasks while studying themselves and growing strong enough to be effective. They wouldn't be a slave, or anything like that, but a more independent butler. I believe Seraphiel Seraphiel , Ocean123 Ocean123 or ZeeNathan ZeeNathan have Purebloods? I imagine for Ocean it might be best if it's a kind of private thing where they'd DM me if interested, because I have a special plan for Chayse if they decide to do this (^.^).

The idea would be for a magician character or homunculus (artificial human) character that is stoic and sleep-deprived (Purebloods can be demanding, even when they're trying not to be!), which makes them seem aloof or uncaring. However, they might not be so aloof as they seem. They're driven to actually be competent enough to protect their Pureblood. Apart from that, they'd have their own goals, ambitions and dreams. I think this could be a very cool way to create a complex character while really exploring this caste system and why it may or may not be the way it is.

Would a homunculus race character be acceptable? A homunculus is an artificial human, either with a body with no soul that has been artificially filled in, like a ghost inhabiting a body, but on a much more permanent basis, or an artificial body. I imagine they'd keep it hidden, considering that being a homunculus that is totally artificial and 'made to serve' would be very alienating. Apart from that, they'd be like a human but moderately physically stronger and much more flexible.

For Aaron, Ill choose psychology as his elective and art as the alternative elective.

I'm very interested in this! I'm wondering if I can play a sort of Noble servant character who has to protect one of the purebloods and help them out with tasks while studying themselves and growing strong enough to be effective. They wouldn't be a slave, or anything like that, but a more independent butler. I believe Seraphiel Seraphiel , Ocean123 Ocean123 or ZeeNathan ZeeNathan have Purebloods? I imagine for Ocean it might be best if it's a kind of private thing where they'd DM me if interested, because I have a special plan for Chayse if they decide to do this (^.^).

The idea would be for a magician character or homunculus (artificial human) character that is stoic and sleep-deprived (Purebloods can be demanding, even when they're trying not to be!), which makes them seem aloof or uncaring. However, they might not be so aloof as they seem. They're driven to actually be competent enough to protect their Pureblood. Apart from that, they'd have their own goals, ambitions and dreams. I think this could be a very cool way to create a complex character while really exploring this caste system and why it may or may not be the way it is.

Would a homunculus race character be acceptable? A homunculus is an artificial human, either with a body with no soul that has been artificially filled in, like a ghost inhabiting a body, but on a much more permanent basis, or an artificial body. I imagine they'd keep it hidden, considering that being a homunculus that is totally artificial and 'made to serve' would be very alienating. Apart from that, they'd be like a human but moderately physically stronger and much more flexible.
Actually, that's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind for Aaron to have someone as his Noble servant. I also have some ideas that you could consider. Since my character is a bit of a secretive type of person, we can make your character as a newly appointed noble servant for him. Just to help him out and accompany him in his school. Although that was the case, your character didn't get a lot of information regarding Aaron. You just knew that a demon from hell requested you to attend to Aaron. Maybe you wanted to do your job well and try to understand him better. Or maybe you'll get frustrated by how uncollaborative he can get. Up to you. But this is just a suggestion. If you prefer to work with Ocean, I'm also fine with it.
Also, think of it as trying to uncover Aaron's secrets and mysteries haha. I think rather than trying to find an opportunity to open his secrets one by one, it's better for someone to try to uncover them themselves. I was about to think of making an npc to do that for him. But if you're willing to do that, I'll be grateful

Last edited:

Well, it's not in the choices, but I will allow it. I would say you should make it so they were some kind of lab experiment. What if they were a supernatural once, and killed and used for that purpose? Awesome that you want to play a guardian that is a noble. As far as who to go with, I think once everyone sees your sheet, they will have an idea of whether they think you'd fit them! I'm open to various potential guardians, I just personally like to see what I'd be working with, since my character is different in ways lol. She has a good feel for people, so the 'not as they seem' types, are more obviously 'how they are' initially, or quicker than others, but yeah, it's best to just see who is a good fit for one another. Feel free to start on them whenever.

Well, it's not in the choices, but I will allow it. I would say you should make it so they were some kind of lab experiment. What if they were a supernatural once, and killed and used for that purpose? Awesome that you want to play a guardian that is a noble. As far as who to go with, I think once everyone sees your sheet, they will have an idea of whether they think you'd fit them! I'm open to various potential guardians, I just personally like to see what I'd be working with, since my character is different in ways lol. She has a good feel for people, so the 'not as they seem' types, are more obviously 'how they are' initially, or quicker than others, but yeah, it's best to just see who is a good fit for one another. Feel free to start on them whenever.
Or perhaps they were literally created by the actual pureblood family? It would be even more interesting if the pureblood you watch over didn't know that, if you go that direction. My first idea has an interesting backstory, but this one, I guess can create future interesting things. You don't have to use either though, just thought they were fun to think about xD.

Or perhaps they were literally created by the actual pureblood family? It would be even more interesting if the pureblood you watch over didn't know that, if you go that direction. My first idea has an interesting backstory, but this one, I guess can create future interesting things. You don't have to use either though, just thought they were fun to think about xD.
Woah, that's a really good idea. Now I wish I could create more character :')

Defo interested and Im gonna make my character sheet in a second. I have a background idea for the character and due to that was thinking of a Vampire at first, but then figured it would be more fun if my character would actually be a werewolf. Btw great job on the OP!

Defo interested and Im gonna make my character sheet in a second. I have a background idea for the character and due to that was thinking of a Vampire at first, but then figured it would be more fun if my character would actually be a werewolf. Btw great job on the OP!
Looking forward to seeing your character, I will keep an eye out for their sheet!

I briefly started going over your character, I just want to clarify, werewolf abilities are all racials, so they are all included in racial and magic is completely unrelated :).

Also, we are no longer accepting any 'chaotic good or chaotic neutral' types for a bit (the most recent char is fine I accept him as such)
. I want to get some lawful good, and neutral good characters. Lawful neutral, and true neutral is fine also. Of course open to true evil types of all kinds. We can't have everyone be over the top types.

Last edited:
I briefly started going over your character, I just want to clarify, werewolf abilities are all racials, so they are all included in racial and magic is completely unrelated :).
Yeh I was feeling like all of them are more like physical attributes than anything magic. I kind of split them in the ones that are natural not learned, just there as for a werewolf and then under magical I put the things that are the ones my char had to learn.

Should I just remove the magical section in general?

Yeh I was feeling like all of them are more like physical attributes than anything magic. I kind of split them in the ones that are natural not learned, just there as for a werewolf and then under magical I put the things that are the ones my char had to learn.

Should I just remove the magical section in general?
Actually no, I just looked over it again, and it is fine. I'll get back to you on the biting one. Also, please let me know your elective choices, I am working on schedules :).

Actually no, I just looked over it again, and it is fine. I'll get back to you on the biting one. Also, please let me know your elective choices, I am working on schedules :).

I will add the elective choice to the CS in a sec. And talking about the Moral alignments, at he moment, due to his family history and where he comes he is at Chaotic Good, but with time, as things get better he might move into lawful good due to him already being loyal and protective type.

How many do I have to choose from the clubs and lessons?

I will add the elective choice to the CS in a sec. And talking about the Moral alignments, at he moment, due to his family history and where he comes he is at Chaotic Good, but with time, as things get better he might move into lawful good due to him already being loyal and protective type.

How many do I have to choose from the clubs and lessons?
Ah no need to add it to the cs, your elective I mean. I will be adding them all to a different area, just make sure to post what you want here. I will add schedules of everyone to the extra area and etc post that there is a link to on the front. For elective choose a main and second choice. For your moral alignment, that is fine, rather just saying whoever comes in next, has to keep that in mind :).

So from the sports and clubs - Basketball and Martial Arts

Do I choose lessons as well? I think my character is college age. I hope I understood correct with what you meant when you said "elective". Let me know if not.

So from the sports and clubs - Basketball and Martial Arts

Do I choose lessons as well? I think my character is college age. I hope I understood correct with what you meant when you said "elective". Let me know if not.
So your student would be in their last year of high school if you make them 18. If you want them in college, just bump them up to 19. Let me know what you want to do there.

For high school these are your electives

Choir
Band
Photography
Art
Psychology
Writing
Cooking
Spanish
French
Japanese
Computer Science

If you go the college route, you choose your major (doesn't need to be listed anywhere)
As well as you choose the classes you want from all things listed (you should basically choose just from the second clump, they are all field training classes, but you can choose a class or two from the first if you wanted):

College students make their own schedule, and are more lenient.

English
Math
Biology
Earth Science
Oceanography
Chemistry
History
US History
Social Studies
Physical Education

Self Control
Defensive Techniques
Power Amplification
Survival Training
Weapon Mastery
Runes
Potion Creation
Study of Magic Creatures
Metal & Woodshop: The creation of weapons
Magic Mastery
Adaptation: Controlling powers and your characteristics in different environments

Ok, I will stay in the last year of High-school and go with Psychology and Writing as second.

Alright, for any upcoming characters, purebloods are currently close, nobles, and regular supernaturals, as well as humans are open. Regular supernaturals are the norm, so we need more of those before we get a bunch of nobles.

So I've noticed a lack of teachers. Would you be cool with a Kitsune? (Not one of the listed races, that's why I'm asking) She could teach... really any class, though I'm eyeing Weapon Making and Weapon Mastery.

She's also got a hybrid daughter that'll join as a high school student.

I could also stick her in the headmaster slot if that's still needed?
I would prefer you be a teacher for now. As far as making two characters, we normally don't allow that, but I WILL make an exception here, as you are making a teacher too, which is needed. I will allow the kitsune for the teacher, and a hybrid student yes. What rank and other race type are you looking to make for the student?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back