• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avolair Academy: School For The Supernatural [OPEN][New][Modern Fantasy][Sandbox][Collaborative][Literate][Revamped][Students, Guardians, Hunters]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
I have been watching, don't worry I will let you know when stuff needs work, gotta just try stuff sometimes lol. I'm not super uptight. Weaknesses should include some of your magic's weaknesses, in addition to whatever else.
Okay! Um... What kind of magic suits my character...? What kind of weaknesses would they have, exactly? Would they be more powerful at night (differences depending on the phase of the moon?) and weaker in daylight?

Magic is not related to race unless you want it to be, it just can't conflict.
I added an elemental magic/attack to weaknesses. You'll let me know what else I'm missing? I feel like I'm still missing something but I think I need to give my eyes a break from the phone screen for a bit...

No it will never work on everyone, it does one thing or the other. They can have people be attracted to them in the regular way by anyone. The allure they have is kind of a fake a forced allure. That is what works one way or another. I would pick the option that does not repel, if you want your options open :P. I checked the powers you put also Ocean. So as a note to everyone, since I didn't mention, signature ability is your main, first discovered power. Everything else is additional, for higher ranks, assuming you get there. Natural talents are just regular things you are good at.

No it will never work on everyone, it does one thing or the other. They can have people be attracted to them in the regular way by anyone. The allure they have is kind of a fake a forced allure. That is what works one way or another. I would pick the option that does not repel, if you want your options open :P. I checked the powers you put also Ocean. So as a note to everyone, since I didn't mention, signature ability is your main, first discovered power. Everything else is additional, for higher ranks, assuming you get there. Natural talents are just regular things you are good at.
Okay, I've rested my eyes and looked at my CS again. I added the signature ability, since you explained how that worked. I'm not sure if I have any magic abilities or not, since I'm supposed to be a low rank.

Also a reminder to people in general. The school is new, so for some people they have received no education for their magic, or have not applied it to much yet. Some may have practiced on their own somehow, some may have never really touched it. It is possible to have good magic capacity, but not have applied it. Not all of the school's systems have started yet. People do not yet have their divisions assigned for circles, race leads haven't been chosen, school council hasn't been chosen, a huge amount of people haven't done a tournament, etc. We will have organic experiences of this, which I think will be great! They will not have experience of what their club is like, etc. People wont know each other 'most likely'. Some people of the same race, but especially werewolves may have heard of one another, but people will be from all over the world. Also for humans, they have less hierarchy, but do not assume that means they are not included, weaker than, or looked down upon. They have the most freedom, and are a very neutral species. The other races don't hate each other either. If characters take that stance, that is a person, family taught, or race head taught thing. It's allowed it's just not everywhere. Demons may be less liked though for reasons.

Does that means I have to change something in my character sheets? I'm honestly not sure if my character fit your expectations of the various races and stuff like that. I did want to include some kind of a plot twist for my character, which is the reason he is quite different that normal demon. Is there anything I needed to change about my character sheet?

Does that means I have to change something in my character sheets? I'm honestly not sure if my character fit your expectations of the various races and stuff like that. I did want to include some kind of a plot twist for my character, which is the reason he is quite different that normal demon. Is there anything I needed to change about my character sheet?
The only thing you need to change, is you need to move your magic around, so the magic that you do know right now, is your main magic in signature magic. Since you are unranked, it is considered your real rank is unknown though, not necessarily low, so it could in theory be kept as is, but then you would need to hide the other magic to some degree if you didn't want to straight up reveal your rank. So that is going to be up to you. Just keep in mind that's how it works, but if that suits what you are going for with your plot twists, then it's totally fine.

Okay, I've rested my eyes and looked at my CS again. I added the signature ability, since you explained how that worked. I'm not sure if I have any magic abilities or not, since I'm supposed to be a low rank.
You can change your signature ability, it is your first learned magic, but it's not related to your natural racial :). So you can have that one elemental thing you were going for. As a low rank, you are right in that, you don't have the other ones yet.

The only thing you need to change, is you need to move your magic around, so the magic that you do know right now, is your main magic in signature magic. Since you are unranked, it is considered your real rank is unknown though, not necessarily low, so it could in theory be kept as is, but then you would need to hide the other magic to some degree if you didn't want to straight up reveal your rank. So that is going to be up to you. Just keep in mind that's how it works, but if that suits what you are going for with your plot twists, then it's totally fine.

Shouldn't the signature magic be some king of magic that only belong to him personally? Like a kind of magic that made him, him, right? Or do I misunderstand it?

As for the unranked, yes, my aim is exactly like that. I was thinking that the magic he uses is actually a kind of magic that has existed. It's just that because he use it too rarely, no one can really identity what it is. It's not really his personal magic. Well, maybe, anyway. I'm trying to give him an impression of someone unpredictable. Since no one can really gauge his power, no one can say for sure on wether he's powerful or weak.

Can an incubus, or succubus, turn off their attraction? Like is it possible?
So this is not set in stone, but this is what I am thinking. There is a natural allure that is always there to whatever sex you choose based on type. However the manipulation version of it is an active willed thing, much like a power, that is natural to them. Therefor making it basically two levels of it. I am thinking of adding another racial to them as well, and haven't settled on what. I don't think but appearance wise they do have wings/horns/tails as per normal. Nothing you have affecting other people, affects how you feel towards others.

You can change your signature ability, it is your first learned magic, but it's not related to your natural racial :). So you can have that one elemental thing you were going for. As a low rank, you are right in that, you don't have the other ones yet.
Okay! I think I (hopefully, maybe, kinda) got it this time!

So this is not set in stone, but this is what I am thinking. There is a natural allure that is always there to whatever sex you choose based on type. However the manipulation version of it is an active willed thing, much like a power, that is natural to them. Therefor making it basically two levels of it. I am thinking of adding another racial to them as well, and haven't settled on what. I don't think but appearance wise they do have wings/horns/tails as per normal. Nothing you have affecting other people, affects how you feel towards others.
I am going to add that they can slowly suck energy by those they affect (and only those they affect, that are currently under their manipulation, and not just their natural allure, by kissing them.)

Cool, cool I've decided to make him gay anyway, but that info is good.
Follow up, do I have to give him horns and a tail? I mean I totally will, but do I have to?

Cool, cool I've decided to make him gay anyway, but that info is good.
Follow up, do I have to give him horns and a tail? I mean I totally will, but do I have to?
Yes, your character can hide the tail if they're not a fan lol, they can have technically have shaved down the horns, it wouldn't have been fun. They do need to have had them, or have them though.

Seraphiel Seraphiel I've made some adjustments to my character. Please check to see if there is something more I need to be aware of.

I am going to add that they can slowly suck energy by those they affect (and only those they affect, that are currently under their manipulation, and not just their natural allure, by kissing them.)
So because James is part Vampire, can I do it so that he sucks energy at the same time while he sucks blood?

So because James is part Vampire, can I do it so that he sucks energy at the same time while he sucks blood?
I am not opposed to this, just now it would then not work the other way. Also the energy thing would be weaker, and the need to bite less frequent.

Ah well. Did you happen to check the slight changes made on my character sheet? Is there anything I'm still missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back