• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avolair Academy: School For The Supernatural [OPEN][New][Modern Fantasy][Sandbox][Collaborative][Literate][Revamped][Students, Guardians, Hunters]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Will do.

Oh yeah I haven't watched this thread yet.
Make sure to add your moral alignment, I believe that is what you are missing. When we get Wonderstruck in, we should have 6 members, and 2 people per dorm so far, that is good :).

Hi! I am really interested. How do I join?
Hello! You may join by posting a character sheet at the following link Avolair Character Sheets. which is also located on the front page if you ever need to get back to it. Be sure to also post here what race, rank, and face claim you want to be! But it is open so this is just for me to keep track. If you have any other questions or concerns or ideas, feel free to post here. All other discussion is basically located here. There is also an extra info page on you can find a link to from the front page!

Are you still looking for members? This sounds very interesting!
Your character looks good! The one thing to fix would be you have your appearance written under moral alignment. So just fix that up, and get your moral alignment in that part instead. Also I love your character picture. I like semi-realism as well, she's beautiful o3o.

Alright, we're still accepting all kinds of characters (so if you want to make a student, go ahead!), would be nice to get a hunter though, and a guardian or two (they can be students as well)! I will start coming up with teacher npcs. If anyone wants to contribute to the teacher sheets, we will all be using the teachers (though people can still make them, or adopt them as they come in).

I will start working with the dorms as well! I will try to have us start soon. Feel free to read over the extra info if you haven't yet.

Last edited:
Make sure to add your moral alignment, I believe that is what you are missing. When we get Wonderstruck in, we should have 6 members, and 2 people per dorm so far, that is good :).

Do I need anything else, now that I've added it? Things to lengthen at least?

Do I need anything else, now that I've added it? Things to lengthen at least?
You are missing a written appearance now that I look again, and it would be nice to have a little more written in personality. But you are fine other than those things. The coding next to moral alignment still says 'here' where your alignment goes xD. But I saw that you did put your alignment, so just delete the extra part.

Your character looks good! The one thing to fix would be you have your appearance written under moral alignment. So just fix that up, and get your moral alignment in that part instead. Also I love your character picture. I like semi-realism as well, she's beautiful o3o.

Alright, we're still accepting all kinds of characters (so if you want to make a student, go ahead!), would be nice to get a hunter though, and a guardian or two (they can be students as well)! I will start coming up with teacher npcs. If anyone wants to contribute to the teacher sheets, we will all be using the teachers (though people can still make them, or adopt them as they come in).

I will start working with the dorms as well! I will try to have us start soon. Feel free to read over the extra info if you haven't yet.

I updated it and fixed a few spelling errors haha. Sorry it was late when I wrote it up. I don't know when your plan to start is, but I won't be online Saturday, I'm visiting family out of town. So if it starts, I promise I am still interested and didn't ghost out of it!

I updated it and fixed a few spelling errors haha. Sorry it was late when I wrote it up. I don't know when your plan to start is, but I won't be online Saturday, I'm visiting family out of town. So if it starts, I promise I am still interested and didn't ghost out of it!
Oh it's no problem. I always intended to wait a bit before starting. Even then we'd be open a few. Thanks for letting me know :).

Hi there! I'm very interested in this! I have a few questions, as I have a few ideas brewing in my head. Is it possible for me to create a character who is a hybrid between a Type A Dark Magician and a Type A Necromancer? For this, I was thinking of my character fighting internally with herself about trying to not become unhinged due to the two dark magics intertwining between her. In reality, her rank would be high (I'm not sure how high you'd allow), but she hides most of her magic and thus is only ranked 3 or 4?

Hi there! I'm very interested in this! I have a few questions, as I have a few ideas brewing in my head. Is it possible for me to create a character who is a hybrid between a Type A Dark Magician and a Type A Necromancer? For this, I was thinking of my character fighting internally with herself about trying to not become unhinged due to the two dark magics intertwining between her. In reality, her rank would be high (I'm not sure how high you'd allow), but she hides most of her magic and thus is only ranked 3 or 4?
Hello. So yes, that hybrid combination is perfectly fine. As far as ranks, whatever is open is allowed, when it comes to the people that kind of hide magic just know; the academy will always know your real capabilities, but other students/hunters/regular people and such can be unaware. I do like your idea though. Then also remember for hybrids the characteristics of each type and up a bit weaker than normal, but they are more well rounded, and stuff. Dark magicians are very strong in general so.

Hello. So yes, that hybrid combination is perfectly fine. As far as ranks, whatever is open is allowed, when it comes to the people that kind of hide magic just know; the academy will always know your real capabilities, but other students/hunters/regular people and such can be unaware. I do like your idea though. Then also remember for hybrids the characteristics of each type and up a bit weaker than normal, but they are more well rounded, and stuff. Dark magicians are very strong in general so.
Awesome. May I take 1A then? If not, I'll take B :) I'll begin on my character sheet now!

Awesome. May I take 1A then? If not, I'll take B :) I'll begin on my character sheet now!
So I went over your character, and I really like her. The one thing to look over again would be her rank. For 1A they pretty much have 1 ability; their signature. However they are considered the strongest in the world with it, and it is likely to work as an ability with multiple applications or forms of use. It's one of those ranks that also kind of has its own bragging rights. If you want to keep the different types, I would advise rank 2, in which hey have mastered, but just started to branch out, so you can keep your others. Either is okay, but the other 1 type rankings are taken. As far as necromancy, that is part of your racial, so its a natural ability and not part of your magics anyways :).

Last edited:
I also missed it, but you'd totally be in trouble with the knife xD.
I have finished sorting some of the dorms, I will finalize when I get the next character in.

Schedules are next. College students please choose a major (any major, you can double major or minor etc), as well as the classes you want to take within the class list.
High school students, choose an elective, and an alternative elective, and post them here.

I have finished sorting some of the dorms, I will finalize when I get the next character in.

Schedules are next. College students please choose a major (any major, you can double major or minor etc), as well as the classes you want to take within the class list.
High school students, choose an elective, and an alternative elective, and post them here.

Just to confirm- an elective like Study of Magical creatures, and Potion Creation? Or one of the extra curriculars?

Ah okay, then I will choose Photography and Art. Logging out now, I will catch up later on Sunday to additional questions :) Have a good weekend if it is your weekend!

Last edited:

Hahaha okay so with the knife, I figured she’d need something to help cut her for her blood magic, but I’ll become creative. ;)

I’ll also go and change the CS to have her master just one specific magic, and then add the necromancy to racial. Sorry I was confused because it said human!

As for Harlow’s major, I’d like it to be an English Major with a minor in Journalism. As for her classes, she’ll take Self Control, Power Amplification, and Magic Mastery :)

I've been itching to exercise my rp skills for a while. I'm willing to help with being Narrator but any sort of idea that I have, I wish to run by you so its good to go or no show.
Since you will be narrator, you will also have free reign of controlling npcs, and creating them. The extra 'places' post will be a collaborative post that also contains npcs. Feel free to contribute anything here, especially things that will help your ideas.

I will try and start us today or tomorrow. I may make the first day a day before classes where they get settled in. We will continue to be open/recruiting for those interested. Still need everyone's electives! Majors if in college and class choice if in college. Royal Phoenix you can also kick it off instead, give me thoughts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back