• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: A New Age (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Isaiah bit his lip, considering Connor's question. It wasn't a simple one to answer: he hadn't known Rigel and Cass more than a couple of days and had never been on a mission with either of them. Not nearly enough time to assess their capabilities. "Maybe," he said, before adding, "But I'd rather not chance it unless we have no other choice." He knew Connor well enough to know that the man wouldn't take any undue risks and unlike Isaiah, he knew the members of his team and their strengths. "Give me the word and I'll head back to the forward rally point to keep an eye on things."

Interactions: Crono Crono Braddington Braddington

Deimos's reptilian eyes meet Constance's for a split second before looking away. He was told looking people directly in the eyes was a bit... unnerving. Frightful presence and all, he couldn't help it. Dragons were scary and direct contact didn't sit well with some people. Hence he'd learned to avoid prolonged eye contact.Although eh could get a pretty decent feel for who Miss Rodgers was. From the description she was kind but not to the point of weakness. I came because I was told it'd be safe. I'll be honest, I'm still scared about how that whole ordeal is going to pan out. The dragon child scratches his head nervously. I've always had these abilities. They've always been natural to me. But I've never had to use them to defend myself before... Usually I just blast coke cans off my dad's fence in the back yard... then patch up any holes I burn into them. And upon that he realized exactly how out of his league he was. There were people here who actually used their powers daily! Well... used the offensively. Deimos used his abilities almost daily for petty things... like enchanting pens to write whatever was said out loud or running ghosts out of peoples houses. Oh right! He still had his big bag of spell books under his arm. He had his demonic bestiary, he had a book of enchantment spells (where the enchanted self-writing pen spell came from), and he had a book on dispelling curses and ward magic. And this was just three of his stupidly large library that had pretty much taken over his adoptive parent's house. Still though... Deimos was just Deimos. The child of a dragon.

Oh! I don't mind. It's kind of nice exploring a bit. He mentions as Constance explains the little detour. If you're that backed up and need any help, I can try to be useful. My dad doesn't get off work until about five so I'd just be here for a few hours if you need any help around the place. Deimos offers, straightening his book bag as the door opens. He pretty much expected a hard no as this woman's job looked hard as all get out, but might as well offer.

Then they were in a training room, the floors rubber and squishy. Easy cushioning for a fall. He instinctively relaxes his rings once again, relaxed enough to still be close to his body, but still unfurled just enough to see pieces of the night stars peeking out from the void. He felt a bit awkward, just being there. Seemed like such an important moment for these people, odd of him to just be here. His wings twitch against his back nervously as he toys with the sleeve of his coat.

NanLia NanLia Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Chak Chak

Last edited:
Rachel Remy LeBeau
(Gambit)
Avengers Tower, wishing she was somewhere else, anywhere but the tower to be quite frank

Rachel couldn't help but feel vaguely insulted when the hologram spoke to her. She knew it had been a bad idea to come to Avengers Tower. She knew it would only end badly. It was perfectly clear, looking around at the grandeur of the building, that someone like her could never have a part to play in this glorious place. All these heroes fighting for the ideals of truth, justice, light, hope, etcetera etcetera.

She knew that even if she tried, she could never be like them. She was a thief, a liar, a cheat, a con-artist, a murderer, a rule bender and very high up on the SHIELD people of interest list. Heroes would never accept somebody like her and maybe it was for the best. She was probably the last person they'd trust with their lives and they'd probably turn her in as soon as they knew what she had done in her life.

She'd write up the report, meet with this Connor guy, maybe gain access to a few files, maybe steal something from some fancy museum in New York and then leave the city. She turned to Homer. "yes, dat would be my preference, if it isn't too much bother." She picked up the papers, the are she was flicking seemingly vanishing into thin air. "don' worry, I'm not plannin' any dramatic B an' E for dis tower. An' I'll be on time, point of principle If I don' show up, I'm prob'ly dead or kidnapped by some deranged mutant hating cult. But dats nothing new"

She shrugged walked towards the lobby doors and out to her bike.

NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Morgan
New York Streets

"Things are going to get bad. But like I said, we should be fine." Morgan said looking back at Terri. Seconds later the form of the giant girl came into view. Morgan instinctively took a few steps back before she felt something tear at the inside of her mind. The feeling made Morgan visibly flinch before her eyes seemed to spark to life brighter than they normally were. Turning her back on the threat she looked up into the air far above them. A ripple in the air was the first sign that anything was happening. After a moment the ripple began to grow longer and longer before suddenly splitting wide open.

Through the portal one could only see shadows and at times a flickering light. Cupping her hands Morgan screamed up into the portal "Ka'Karnat!". There was a pause before a movement in the shadows could be seen. Watching it approach Morgan felt her heart skip a beat as the light from their side of the portal began to illuminate the hulking form of the Hydra. The beast however stopped short of passing through the tear, it instead lowered its body onto the floor as its three heads began to move as if observing the Morgan and the others through the portal.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Finn took a quick look at his two last transportees. And gave them the count down that he gave his last two groups. After the count down he jumped them all into the dam, arriving near Connor and Rigel. He shuffled Perry and Cassie over to the side and made sure they maintained balance for a few moments. Finn was in complete working serious mode, but he did send a quick smile Cassie's way before looking around the collected group. "Okay. What do we know. What's our plan, Cap." Isaiah was with the group now which Finn guessed had something to do with people being further down where they had to go. Shoot. In the shadowy corner he was practically invisible. His yellow eyes cast a faint glow and those nearby could see him tugging on the sleeves of his sweater. He was still rather nervous about the whole 'breaking into another country's official building' thing. Finn wouldn't let that impact his work though.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Crono Crono Safton Safton Pyosimros Pyosimros Braddington Braddington

Natalie Strange
Avengers Tower

"I - " Natalie stared through the projection with silent fury, "this is... of course, why not now? we're weakened, beaten and hated. Perfect." she hissed through Wally's concern, her own vitriol bleeding into each syllable from her mouth. No known casualties, Friday's mechanical voice resounded. Natalie breathed a sweet sigh of relief, short-lived as a blinking explanation mark enveloped the screen.
She stood with some small difficulty, but by this point a mystical adrenaline had already inherited her systems. "We aren't equipped to deal with Hell's Kitchen - Scott is our hands-on the scene, we'll get what he knows later." She briefly considered Wally's freshness and concern, of the current Avengers he was clearly eager and capable of action. "It's not supposed to be my call to make but screw it, Wally, if you're up for some heroic leadership duty I'm going to assign you whoever passed this test Constance is screening, run some recon around tropical Mexico - it's been a hot region for some time now, and with Hydra agents resurfacing it's as good a lead as any." She hugged her stomach as the pain rose to prominence one more. "You in?" She winced, spying his reaction with rapt attention.
fin fin

Turbo
aka: Wally Jones Jr.

interactions: Natalie Strange Archon Archon , the New Recruits.
Wally leaned against the counter while Natalie went through the debriefing. He shook his head slightly at the news they wouldn't be going to aid Sean Summers in Hell's Kitchen, but with how crippled the rest of the team was at the moment, he couldn't blame them for not having enough firepower for a reasonable back up. Instead, his cheeks reddened, and he stood up when Natalie had appointed him mission leader on the mission in the tropics. He shook off the disbelief, donning a rare Wally Jones straight face and nodded. He moved closer to Natalie and the screen at the sign of her wincing, holding an arm out behind her in case she were to lose her balance. Wally was well aware of Natalie's strong sense of independence, but having joined the Avengers Initiative alongside her, been through the training tests with her and so on, the two had a strong, almost family-like connection.
tumblr_inline_mso2vjZIJT1qz4rgp.png

"You didn't have to ask, Natalie. 'Course I'm in." Wally patted her shoulder softly, and winced just in case she tried to hit him because of it. "Friday, send a call via hologram down to Constance and the new recruits in training levels, please."

The large, bright image of Natalie and Wally appeared now to the new trainees. "Hey guys, first mission starts now. Meet me at the Quinjet in the Hanger. I'll brief the mission down there." And just as fast as the images had appeared, they'd disappeared once again. Call ended.

"You going to be okay here, Nat?" He asked, trying his hardest to hide the worry in his tone.

Harris Daniels
Hell's Kitchen -Rooftops

Despite the triviality of their brief debate, Max's solution once enacted, caused the burly mutant no amount of indignity, his head ragged into the sky by Max's manipulation of his helmet--of course it was the only solution with the manhole being out of the question, but logic didn't dictate wounded pride. Once landed, he gave a brief huff and dusted himself off. "I never want to do that again..." Harris groaned, "Can't deny it got the job done though." The larger man offhandedly commented, amusedly poking at the metallic block which was Crossbones with an oversized finger. the silhouettes of their former pursuers still remained scattered against the walls in the distance--blurred by the drifts of smoke washing over the area thanks to Max's decimation of several police cruisers, Josie's Bar was a scattered ruin courtesy of Harris' own efforts, the building's entire face smashed into useless piles of rubble. All in all, a good day's work.

Harris followed Max as the duo traversed the expertly mapped route of Hell's Kitchen, both careful to avoid the ruinous surveillance traps and areas of police activity. With the Avengers hard-pressed, this should be an easy escape. Should. Key distinction. As before Harris could take off into a sprint-leap across the skies, a panting male appeared before him bearing the tell-tale get up of some aspiring hero. Harris stopped abruptly--feet leaving minor dents in the roof--his stance remained relaxed and calm, keen eyes analysed the smaller man up and down from the safety of his dome-helm. "Look pal, you're going to have to be more specific." Harris's hands stretched out with the tact of an uncoiling cobra, "If you mean this large hunk of metal we're carrying, just a bit of harmless construction work." To Harris, this was a grand joke. Crossbones was encased in plain sight, the Juggernaut's aim was merely the satisfaction of his own whims. Whether Max had the patience to procrastinate the extraction was a far different matter.
Mentions - fin fin NanLia NanLia

Keep your Dam Eyes Peeled

Cassie's mind was made all the sharper by the adrenaline rush she felt when Finn took them on the jump. She pulled up the hologram on her wrist and toyed with it a little looking at the real video feed that she had tapped into. "Con. We got four guards down the hall to our left, two to our right. Left is faster, more hassle, right is slower with less. We can get to that pod either way."
She looked at Finn, cocking an eyebrow at his fidgeting, but she said nothing. "Finn, could I get you to do me a favor and make a short jump to the other side of the right hallway and take a peek? I want to see if the video feed is accurate. These security cams have blind spots at times." She turned to Perry and gestured to the other hallway. "Perry, could you do that Ouija wall-crawl down the left hallway and see the same thing?"
Crono Crono CasualDragon CasualDragon Pyosimros Pyosimros

Last edited:
POST-08
PERRY PARKER
"Let's get in there and do this thing."

Perry felt a small surge of confidence with those words. Throughout the plane ride he seemed to be filled with doubt—uncertainties of whether or not the mission would be successful. While he had been through stressful situations in US, those events typically occurred in familiar surroundings. In this new environment Perry didn't have knowledge of his surroundings or culture, leaving him seemingly completely oblivious to what could happen.

With a barely audible gulp, Perry held onto one of Finn's hands and in an instant, they found themselves within the building. The first order of business was to understand their surroundings, which Cassie seemed to be doing. Operating a hologram, she began looking through the various cameras scattered through throughout the interior. Perry peeked over her shoulder, keeping note of each potential enemy or object of interest. However, with what the video feed had given them, their surroundings seemed to be purely hallways that led to more important areas. The two main hallways seemed to be occupied with guards, of which Cassie had notified Connor of.

"Perry, could you do that Ouija wall-crawl down the left hallway and see the same thing?" she asked the web-slinger after asking Finn to perform similar reconnaissance within the opposite hallway. Perry gave her a simple nod.

"Yep, no problem," he answered, pressing his hand against the wall, familiarizing himself with its texture. Though as he was doing this his eyes narrowed, and after a few seconds of inaction he turned back to Cassie.

"Wait—whatddya mean by 'Ouija wall-crawl'?" Perry questioned her, taking minor offense. It's not that creepy when I do it, right?

He shook his head. He needed to keep focused on the task at hand, rather than focusing on trivialities. "Nevermind," Perry added in a mumble, turning back around and beginning his wallcrawl.

Reaching the hallway in question, Perry peeked his head over. Four guards, all heavily armed—just as the video feed had shown them. Satisfied, he crawled back towards Cassie and eventually, he stood in his previous position once more.

"Same thing, no issues," Perry reported to her.
----
Location - Hallway
Interactions - CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto

Octavia
Location - Avengers Tower - Elevator -> Training Level

Taking the envelope Octavia felt her body tense up. She wasn't sure if she had done as well as she had thought. Infact, she was almost certain her inability to fully shape her powers would be enough of a reason for her to be denied. However, as she ran a nail down the side of the folder it began to split open where she was cutting it. The first thing that fell out before she could read anything was a keycard. Looking down at the card in her hand she originally thought it was for a hotel room. Her mind was quickly redirected to the booklet code of conduct. Taking it out she realized that she was actually accepted. Looking up from the envelope she seemed to hesitate for a moment having never expected to make it where she was. Looking to the others in the room she began to wonder how they made out, but kept herself from trying to get any of their attention.

Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos
NanLia NanLia
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko - Ollie
Chak Chak - K.D.

Last edited:
2912225-c1.jpg

Sean Summers
aka Corsair

mentions: Juggernaut ( Archon Archon ), Magneto ( NanLia NanLia )
"Don't play stupid with me, Harris." Scott's red eyes winced under the ruby quartz glasses. He was definitely pushing it with calling Juggernaut by name. Still if there was anybody he could get to in this situation, it was the Juggernaut. After the Brotherhood encounters in his earlier teens, it was hard to forget a big brute in crimson armor. Hopefully his accomplice would be just as understanding. "You joined the Brotherhood for this? You can't tell me you left all those bodies, the wreckage back there for some piece of construction, Juggernaut. Get into your senses Harris, it's me- Sean. I left New York for a bit but I'm back. What's at stake here. What's the body for?" He hadn't planned on dropping his name like that, but he wanted to humanize himself for Harris, who would hopefully get through to his partner.

"There's about twenty unconscious H.Y.D.R.A. agents back there, some in serious condition." Might've been a stretch. Sean hadn't received official intel from the on-scene unit, but it wouldn't be a surprise with just how the operatives were manhandled. "You're not a killer Harris. I don't know about your friend but you're not. In that metal sphere, it's Brock Rumlow isn't it?"

Connor Rogers
Tags: Braddington Braddington Safton Safton CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros

Connor shook his head at Isaiah's suggestion he head back, "No, you're already here so we should move as a unit." It didn't change the plan much beyond meeting up sooner rather than later. There was a noise, and upon inspection by looking over his shoulder it was clear Finn and the others had joined them now. Cassie was quick to get to work thankfully, though he'd admit a small amount of jealousy at seeing the pair seemingly unaffected by the jump. Connor considered their two options as Cassie sent Finn and Perry to confirm the numbers. While he'd like nothing more than to take this slow and steady, the longer they were here the more likely they'd be found out.

"We go left, knockout the four with a simultaneous strike before they can alert anyone else. Perry you come in from above, Isaiah you'll take out whichever one is closest to the wall. Finn, if you think you'll be alright adding another jump in I'd like you to pop out on the other side of them and take down the furthest one. Meanwhile Rigel will sneak me in close to take down the last." The blonde's eyes were bouncing from each of the group members, looking for confirmation that they were willing and able, and agree with the plan. "Cass you'll sit tight a second and be our lookout on the feeds."

Cuska Vara Quill
mentions: Pyosimros Pyosimros | location: home | purpose: meetup with cass

"So how've you been? Everything going alright?" she smiled, patting her friend's shoulder a few times. Though, soon after, her eyes widened and she turned around to look at her ship. "O-Oh right! Sorry about your lawn by the way there might be a....big patch there when I move it..." she chuckled nervously, pointing towards the grass under her vehicle.

Cuska looked at her for a good second when she questioned him— particularly hung up on the remark. Since she had been gone for quite some time now, he’d only been thinking about the Avengers, relations with them and her parents— everything and anything that could come to mind, which was literally a spider’s web of questions needing links and answers. His parents of course would not tell him much of his past, as they themselves did not want to be reminded of the “dark endeavours” or whatever those were, and nor did they want to involve their precious and only gem from said mysteries. Cuska was always a curious child and it was particularly why he got his name, considering he loved “to take a stab or poke” at things. He wanted answers, and whenever he had the time he tried his hardest to keep the disclosed information he had found under wraps. To his demise however, the poor lad got caught and had to start from scratch, with all of his research away from him. All he remembers is something about a Thanos, but nothing came to his mind after having lost his data.

“How i’ve been you ask?” he grinned as an indication that he had jumped back down from space and snapped into reality. “Well my dear Cass— hey that rhymes! I’ve been busy trying to uncover some things again but mom and dad are being kind of... nosy again.” Cuska whispered that final part, just in case they were in the house still. “Also don’t mind the grass, it’s fine since this is basically a routine now.” Stepping aside, he invited her in and immediately went to the kitchen to prepare their all time favourite drink: homemade strawberry lemonade with berry slices. They’ve been addicted to this drink since they were small, and it was customary to have during every visit regardless of there weather or the season. As he started to gather he ingredients, he turned the attention over Cass considering she has been away for some time, and was intrigued as to what she had been up to.

“So Cass Bass,” he started, squeezing half cut lemons into a measuring cup. “how have things been with work and such? What’d you do while you were gone this time?”

POST-03
CASSANDRA
Upon hearing Cuska explaining that he was in the mist of "uncovering stuff", Cassandra tilted her head in mild intrigue. "Stuff?" she softly questioned, though it was more rhetorical than anything else. One can never be certain as to what he could be attempting to uncover. On one hand it could be something trivial, such as attempting find the most efficient route to a taco shop, though on another hand it could be something more serious—Cassandra was more inclined to assume it was the latter.

Her mind immediately went to it probably being something related to his background. While Cassandra's at least slightly more knowledgeable than he is on his family history, she unfortunately wasn't under the right to speak on it. Since she was little she was told not talk to Cuska extensively on the subject, and it was an promise she hadn't broken yet.

Eventually the two made their way into Cuska's home. Cassandra looked around the room, her eyes shifting from area to area. The house seems to have change very little since her last visit. There were some minor shifts in furniture and items, though it seemed mostly the same. Eventually she began to focus herself back onto Cuska, who was occupied in the kitchen. He seemed to be preparing their collectively shared favourite drink: strawberry lemonade with berry slices. Cassandra's eyes immediately lit up upon the realization, rushing onto a nearby stool. Hands placed between her legs, she bent over slightly to watch the progress. Though as she was concentrating on the creation of the drink, Cuska continued their previous conversation.

"How have things been with work and such? What’d you do while you were gone this time?”

"N-Nothing much," Cassandra chuckled nervously, she hadn't prepared for the question. Though given a few seconds more, she continued. "I've just been travelling I guess, seeing what's out there. I've been doing some contracts on the side so I don't go broke, though."

After another brief pause, Cassandra continued. "Sooo....what've you been uncovering exactly?" she asked, bringing the topic of discussion back onto her friend. She was genuinely curious, and while her assumption is a probably thing he's looking to uncover, it equally could be about anything else.

----
Location - Cuska's Kitchen
Tags - peachuu peachuu

Cuska Vara Quill

""I've just been travelling I guess, seeing what's out there. I've been doing some contracts on the side so I don't go broke, though." After another brief pause, Cassandra continued. "Sooo....what've you been uncovering exactly?"

Cuska paused his lemon juicing for a quick moment, taking in the atmosphere and his surroundings as he particularly didn’t want his parents listening in. He assumed that they still were sleeping, but frankly speaking he had no idea if they still were in the house! He’d been cooped up in his house studying physics all over again that he hadn’t notice whether his parents still existed. Once reassured the the possibility of his parents listening in was particularly low, he continued on with his endeavours. “So basically, what had happen was—“ he started, whilst transferring the lemon juice to a pitcher of water. “I started looking into my past, specifically surrounded Mom and Dad associated with the Avengers. What I found was a lot— considering they said we barely had any connections with them. But before I could gather enough information for us, Mum discarded the files and forbad me from ever researching that again.”

Cuska could see the level of surprise rise on Cass’ face as he continued. He poured half a cup of sugar for the lemonade in the pitcher, and started slicing fresh strawberries soon after. “In conclusion, the only thing i could possibly remember from my “illegal” affairs was something about a Thanos. I don’t particularly remember what he is or what he entails, but i think that Mum may be related to “it.” I wanted to ask if you knew anything but I wouldn’t know if your Dad and my parents spoke about it with you guys.”

POST-08
LYDIA LEMIRE
For the most part Lydia was quiet—she simply sat herself down on a couch, arms crossed and observing everyone else's actions. She felt rather out of place being around various individuals possessing both skill and natural abilities, the latter of which she unfortunately didn't have. While she had encountered superheroes before, the West Coast Avengers being an example, the group meetings there seemed more unprofessional and casual there, void of any holograms or supercomputers.

In her silence, she observed as tensions began to slowly grow. A conflict had arisen in Hell's Kitchen, and the simple thought of everyone in the room not immediately taking action seemed to upset some. Lydia, while still sore from the last conflict, still felt as though she should be doing something as well—a result of compulsive morals planted by her mother. As she heard the group talk amongst themselves, she bit the bottom of her lip, thoughtfully staring towards the ground. Lydia wasn't sure if she should be offering herself once again, as she was still recovering from her past injuries. Though given some thought, she came to an answer.

"Nat," Lydia beckoned to her recently made ally, attempting to get her attention before she continued. "If things get worse in Hell's Kitchen I'll come along."
----
Location - Avengers Tower (Common Room)
Interactions - Archon Archon

POST-04
CASSANDRA
“I started looking into my past, specifically surrounded Mom and Dad associated with the Avengers. What I found was a lot— considering they said we barely had any connections with them. But before I could gather enough information for us, Mum discarded the files and forbad me from ever researching that again.”

"Hm," Cassandra pursed her lips, giving Cuska a blank gaze. He was always interested in the subject of her past, occasionally asking for her help. Though due to some vows of silence from since she was a child, she's kept mostly silent on the subject, usually answering with a, "I know a bit but not that much." Each time she was an inch away from letting it all out, Cassandra was reminded of Gamora's fury—something she'd rather avoid. He then began to continue on, mentioning Thanos. Even Cassandra scarcely had any knowledge on the subject, however she's heard his name thrown around frequently when her father and Cuska's parents lived under the same roof or...spaceship more specifically.

Cassandra was still hesitant to let Cuska know of his parents' history, though there was a small loophole she suddenly realized—perhaps she could simply nudge Cuska into the right direction of procuring such knowledge. "Well I don't know much," Cassandra began, giving her friend a white lie. "But we can go together to Avengers Tower, I have clearance. It'll just take a lil'...convincing to let you tag along."

She gave her friend a reassuring smile, resting an arm on the counter. Now that the more serious issues were more so dealt with, more pressing must be addressed. "When's the lemonade finished?" Cassandra questioned, watching Cuska's hands as he was still preparing it.
----
Location - Cuska's Kitchen
Tags - peachuu peachuu

Last edited:
Isaiah nodded as Connor laid out the plan. Ironically, he felt his nerves steadying at the familiar sound of his friend giving out orders with the assured self-confidence that came naturally to him -- he was truly his father's son in that regard. "Understood," Coulson remarked quietly as Connor finished. "I'll get in position. Give me..." he paused, "...twenty seconds. I'll hit them on your signal." With that, he stepped backwards, melting into the wall before gliding the short distance through the facility's physical structure to reach the four guards that had been designated as threats.

Isaiah scoped them out again, peeking one eye out of the wall from down the corridor in order to confirm his target: the leftmost guard was practically leaning against the wall behind him, gunbelt hanging loosely around his lips as he chuckled at a remark from one of his comrades. Izzy leaned back into the wall before moving into position, ready for the others to begin the ambush.

Interactions: Crono Crono Braddington Braddington CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros

Teresa Xavier

Terri could not help but step back a little bit at the sight of the trio stepping up. Closing her eyes, she let out a sigh, going closer to the girl that asked for their help. Hearing Morgan's words, Terri looked at her. "Morgs, don't tell me-" Suddenly her eyes went to the forming tear, her eyes growing. She knew that her powers were kind of unstable, but she trusted she had it under wraps. Looking up at the Hydra, she managed to show no fear, although she was really felt fear.

She gently put a hand on Morgan's shoulder, turning her to face Terri. "Morgs, use it to hold them off. We need to get her somewhere safe." Terri's eyes went to the girl that came to them for help. "Is there anywhere you consider safe? If not, we'll figure something out." Terri said to her, a little smile on her face. She tried to assure the girl that they had it all planed out, although Terri was starting to spitball in her mind where they can take this girl.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Ollie Hammond

Gulping and shaking, he slowly opened the envelope. He pulled out a letter that explained that, due to his inability to contain his anger under extreme conditions, he is unfit to join the Avengers at this point. The next was a voucher for hotel and food, but he just silently nodded, then came the businesses card. Seeing as he had no other options, he took the card and memorized the address and the name. "Y-Yes, I-I understand." Ollie says, saluting like a soldier.

Sighing again, he left, going towards where Natalie was before. Sheepishly, he came to the room, but saw that Nat was busy at the moment. He wanted to tell her that he appreciated what she did, and that he didn't want to go without telling her. He felt his hands grow cold as he stood in the door way, grasping the envelop, as his eyes were looking at the ground in front of him. The small card fell from his hands, as he tried to speak up. "Uhm... Nat... c-can I s-say-" He stopped himself, feeling a knot in his throat.

Archon Archon fin fin Demonhunter Demonhunter Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Chak Chak NanLia NanLia

Finn Wagner
Tagging: Crono Crono Safton Safton Pyosimros Pyosimros sitanomoto sitanomoto

Cassie was already off to work checking security cams so things were moving smoothly. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. She asked him to make a short jump to check on the security feed. He thought back to the blueprints that he had grilled into his brain. "I should be just fine to do that." The short jump barely affected him. He did bigger jumps within the school than this one. Sticking to the shadows he was pleased to see that things were as Cassie said at first. Two of them were standing almost side by side chatting happily as they strolled down the hall away from him. Than they stopped and faced a corner and spoke what sounded to be a greeting to someone. The harsh lighting left large pools of shadow but Finn's eyes could cut through it to see who they were talking too. I'm going to have a headache after this. These industrial lights tended to be rough on the eyes. A third person casually leaned against a wall holding a phone in his hand. It was currently dangling down by his thighs as he spoke to his colleagues and there was no sign of a gun on his person. "There's a third person this way with a cell phone." Finn whispered into his com. He deemed that it would be safe enough for him to walk back to the others rather than jump again.

It proved to be a wise decision when he returned and Connor decided that it would be best to take on the four guards but get out of here quicker. Finn nodded. "I can do that." He watched, intrigued, as Isaiah disappeared. It was a cool ability to have. Incredibly nice to have in moments that required stealth such as this. As interested as he was in how Isaiah's power set worked, this was neither the time nor place. Finn turned and faced the direction of the person he was going after and he lowered himself into a fighting stance. He gave a quick jerk of the head to let them all know that he was ready when they were.

At the Sphinx
Several armored vehicles are parcked around the once ancient monument that has now been blown away. Several of Cairo's military soldiers inspect the wreckage spread around the area having set up a perimeter around the scene. A black car of sorts pulls up and from the back of it is woman wearing a suit and glasses. She blows out puff of smoke from a cigar she's smoking. Shetaks a view of the wreckage herself, seeing large chunks of the the structure all over the place. She makes her way towards the structure before one of the soldiers approaches her <Agent Habib. We were told you were coming. We've examined just about everything out here but haven't checked inside yet, wanting to wait for you to get here so you could be the first to take the first look.'>

The woman looks to the entrance to the Sphinx <"An entrance you say? I assumed it was just a idol of worship for our ancestors. So the entrance isn't blocked or anything?">

<"No ma'am. We originally thought it was an attack by the Ten Rings but as it turns out whatever blew up the Sphinx came from the inside. Blew the whole roof clean off."> The soldier begins to lead the way towards the Sphinx, they find a stair case that leads downwards and they waste no time descending into it; the Sun lighting their way do to the giant gaping whole in the entire structure. They soon reach a vault door and the soldier opens it up to reveal a chamber filled with many old treasures and furnishings and in the center is a coffin that has been busted open

<"A...Treasure room? So this was a burial site all along..."> The woman approaches the coffin and sees that it's empty.

<"And ma'am. If that's not weird enough. We have eye witnesses saying whatever came out of her flew eastbound."> The soldier adds

<"Then eastbound I'll go. Good work, soldier"> The woman pulls out a flip-phone and dials a number <"Bring them all together. There's a potential threat on the loose and it's heading eastwards.">

FearItself FearItself
---------------
Alvira closes her eyes and tries to focus on any foreign energies in their vicinity. She feels something faint. Something of a more spiritual nature. Coming from the sword itself. She opens her eyes and looks to Kyo "You're sword....There's some....Supernatural about it...Yet I cannot explain it any further...Other than your sword seems to be...Alive..."

Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire

In the Althing Coliseum
In Asgard, there lies a triangular, monolithic spire where many a champion from all the Nine Realms come together tobthe test one another's metal . This place is called the Althing Coliseum . And today, many an Asgardian take their seat and cheer for the two combatants below, taking the center stage of the battleground. The two contestants being the two children of King Thor and Queen Sif: Thrud and Troy. The Gods of War. Thrud stands her weapon, Duris, to the side of her as she ruffles the fur pelt over hanging her shoulders. "Once again we find ourselves the center of attention, little brother! I know we both love to fight but why is it you insist we make a show out of it? We could've fought at home in on the balcony! It certainly had the space for a measly spar such as this!" She asks Troy who is opposite of the battle field from her, her voice trailing over the crowd.
fin fin
D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Last edited:

Cuska Vara Quill

"Well I don't know much, but we can go together to Avengers Tower, I have clearance. It'll just take a lil'...convincing to let you tag along." She gave her friend a reassuring smile, resting an arm on the counter. Now that the more serious issues were more so dealt with, more pressing must be addressed. "When's the lemonade finished?" Cassandra questioned, watching Cuska's hands as he was still preparing it.

Cuska dropped the chopped strawberries into the pitcher as he waited for Cass to answer, stirring in the ice with it as well. When she finally responded, his eyes widened with a large grin forming instantaneously as he slammed his hands down in excitement, almost knocking down the pitcher. “Wait really?!” Fumbling to make sure the lemonade didn’t spill, he calmed himself and cleared his throat. “I mean, yes that’s great news— I’d be happy to join you on this opportunity.” There was a small moment of silence as the two looked at each other with stifled laughter, before letting their happiness go loose. Cuska then proceeded to pour themselves each a glass of the lemonade he made. “I swear we always have the stupidest of moments over these drinks. But apart from that, how exactly do you plan on escorting me into the Avengers?”

Cuska took a sip of his lemonade before resting it down again on the countertop of the kitchen. “I don’t think I can just easily waltz in there with you, without some sort of personnel becoming heavily suspicious of us both. Nor would I think they’d be fond of my existence as Gamora’s and Starlord’s son..” He was already having doubts about this whole operation, and nonetheless what would his mother think when she sees the entire house empty of her only son. His father made it clear that they’d have no correlation to the Avengers anymore, completely cutting off any idea of them other than Cass and her Father, so it was only fair that Cusk should rethink this plan.

Interactions: Demonhunter Demonhunter - Deimos
Texting: Crono Crono - Tobais
Mentions: Chak Chak - K.D., D3lmoniko D3lmoniko - Ollie, Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider - Octavia
Constance nodded with satisfaction as she watched the applicants open their envelopes and start to read the enclosed letters. She didn’t need to linger any longer, she disliked being present for this part of the application process – the emotional part where someone is told they haven’t been accepted coupled with watching them stand beside others that had. She knew the purpose behind rejecting some members, Lucy had given her several ‘why’ lectures in the past. They were a danger to themselves, the team and possibly even civilians.

She turned to face Deimos, nodding back towards the elevator where they had come. “Let’s get you upstairs and settled until your parents can come get you.” She headed back towards the elevator, pausing within until the kid was safely tucked inside, wings and all, before queuing up the living quarters for the Tower. She slipped her phone out of her pocket, resting it on the remaining stack of documents as she texted Tobais. ~Looks like it’s going to be a late night here. Haven’t heard anything back from the team overseas and I can’t go home until they’ve come back. You can drop by here when you’re done work if you want to order out for dinner, just let Homer know. He’ll send you up to wherever I am.~

Interactions: fin fin - Sean, Archon Archon - Harris
Max huffed at Harris’ complaint untoward their method of transit. It didn’t surprise him in the least – there was little that Max could have done that wouldn’t have resulted in some sort of complaint from the goliath. He was about to suggest the move onward, less they be caught up to once more and Max forced to carry Harris by the helm once more then it seemed they were to be vexed by a concerned citizen. He narrowed his eyes at the newcomer as he directed his request for compliance to Harris by name. Max knew his identity would be safe, so long as Harris didn’t blurt it out accidentally. He and Toad were the only two to know his true identity. Toad because he was a subservient of himself and Harris because of their friendship. After all – he’d asked Harris to join the Brotherhood, not solely for his sheer brawn.

He was nearing the end of his patience as he listened to the man, Sean apparently, prattle on about taking something that didn’t belong to them and the mess left behind. The final straw was when he mentioned the Brotherhood wasn’t worth the effort. “You can kindly mind your own business. None of our affairs have anything to do with you or whomever you may represent. This will be your only warning to leave.” Already Max was raising the metal rumble coffin that contained their target off of the rooftop and moving it behind him, around himself and his prize the electro-magnetic shield he used to protect himself flickered to life, the very least creating a barrier between himself and any potential danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back