• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: A New Age (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

The nice thing about Quinjets is how quiet and smooth they are. Many people could converse and it wouldn't end up sounding like a high school cafeteria with people clamouring over each other to be heard. The royals were mostly keeping to themselves and the stealth crew had split up into tiny quiet conversations. Isaiah had decided to simply lean back and wait the ride out. "Everything's fine." Perry was smiling but it didn't change the fact that he had been quiet in the first place. Finn simply nodded to that statement. It was probably just wise to leave this be. Finn did quickly give him a once over to see if he looked very visibly distressed, but he looked fine. Just the pre-mission nerves. Everyone had them, it was totally normal. Finn himself had butterflies swarming in his chest. The fact that they were in a foreign country where they could potentially damage U.S.A and Somalian relations was particularly weighing. Also, the same fear he was sure the others had, the fear of not knowing anything about where they were going was pretty pressing. New York he knew like the back of his hand. Between growing up there, being on the X-Men and being an honourary Avenger meant that he knew most of the city well enough to jump around with ease. This would be totally different.

"You think you can handle poofing us all over to wherever we need to go?" When Perry said poofing Finn chuckled a little. It wasn't wrong. It did look and quietly sound like a poof. In response to the question he shrugged. "If things go according to plan than yes. If the plans are wrong than who knows. Everything would have to change rapidly at that point." His hands were tugging on the sleeves of the hoodie he wore. Maybe the threat of the plans being off was freaking him out more than he cared to admit. He dropped his hands into his lap. "If things go south and I wind up fully stuck in the dry wall I could just poof out. But if I wind up half stuck in a wall than that'll be less... fun." He left it at that. No need to freak out Perry or any listeners with the full grim details. Get out fast and he would only be in severe pain and bleeding, almost like a large bite. Don't get out fast enough, or there's some sort of power nullification thing, and he would lose a limb or be completely ripped apart. He had gotten stuck before and it was really not that great. But that won't happen. "It'll be fine." Time to backtrack, now's not the time to freak people out more. He tugged on the hair near his ears. "We all know what we're doing and it'll get done. Maybe the political group could even be so good that we could be allowed to just waltz right in and out. Wouldn't that be nice? Save us a lot of trouble that's for sure."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Location: Quin Jet ---> Somalian airport drop off ---> Hydro/electric dam

Conversations continued all around as the plane glided through cloud and sky. Thirty minutes may not be a very long time but it was long enough. Long enough for people to get a little antsy, to walk around, to snack, to nap or just to sit and mentally prepare themselves for what might come. Soon enough the plane was touching down at stop number one. The team that was going to talk the talk quickly gathered up anything they had brought, made sure they were presentable and with a chorus of 'good lucks' and other assurances and wishes they stepped off. The plane took off again. This flight was much shorter and it wasn't all that long before it was landing in stealth mode near the dam. The heroes would gather up what they need and step off to begin the next part of the mission.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finn patted himself down to make sure he didn't have anything he didn't need on him. The quick pat down proved that he had remembered to take everything unnecessary out already and that he was ready to go. He did a quick test jump just a few feet, that he had accounted for earlier, just to check the environment out. Earth was weird, some places it was difficult to jump, better to find out now than later. Things seemed fine though. "Everyone have their com and ready to go? Any last minute changes?" Isaiah was up first. He turned to face him and pulled the hood over his own head at the same time. "You ready Vanguard? It's going to smell a little like brimstone. Don't worry that's normal. I can't really explain how it's going to feel. I call it a jump but maybe a poof would describe it best? You might be a bit disoriented upon landing take deep breaths and you'll be fine. The whole thing will take no more than thirty seconds." He held out the strings that would normally tighten a hood. "Hold on real tight. If you need to you can tie these around your hands so that you don't let go. They're modified so that it won't tighten the hood, they're pretty much handlebars."

Safton Safton Braddington Braddington sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Crono Crono Elekta Kount Elekta Kount NanLia NanLia

As the Quin Jet landed to allow the diplomatic team to disembark, Isaiah gave Lucy and the others a short wave and wished them luck. Their mission was perhaps less dangerous than the one he would be taking part in, but it wasn't without its own risks. If things went south, it wouldn't take the Somalis long to connect the intruders at the dam with their stately visitors -- who would be unarmed and poorly-equipped for a fight out of necessity. The aircraft lifted off again and Izzy returned himself to the task at hand, not bothering to settle back into his seat. This flight would be a short one comparatively.

Within minutes, the jet was setting down near the dam. Coulson check his sparse equipment; he'd elected to leave his gun behind for obvious reasons. However, his baton was still strapped to his leg and he had a few other odds and ends attached to the dark vest covering his torso. Glancing over, he watched Finn execute his test "jump" with the same amount of effort a normal person might devote to a leisurely jumping jack. It was quite a sight and he couldn't help but think that the term poof was accurate, if perhaps a bit anticlimatic. Isaiah could phase through walls or bash them down if needed, but to simply be in a place one moment and another in the next in the blink of an eye... it was little wonder why Finn had been chosen for the mission.

Isaiah ensured the earpiece of his radio was firmly fitted into his ear and drawing his own hood into place. As Finn turned to address him, he took a deep breath and nodded, reaching out to grasp either faux drawstring. Considering he was about to go hurtling through space, the strings were not the most comforting piece of real estate to hold onto but he'd take what he could get. I've jumped out of perfectly good airplanes. How different could this be? he thought, though he couldn't shake the feeling he was tempting fate. "Ready when you are," he said lowly, nodding once again to Finn.

Interactions: NanLia NanLia CasualDragon CasualDragon

Morgan

Theresa Xavier
Studio Apartment​

Terri was looking around her small studio apartment, looking to see if everything was in order. She loved to keep things tidy, especially since she would need to accommodate one more person. Letting out a rather tired sigh, she went to her desk, and picked up her psychology book. Right next to it, she smiled at a picture of her and her parents, with her father's face obscured. Looking at the book, she opened to where she last left it.

Before she could manage to read one line, she heard her phone ring. Putting her book down, she picked her phone up, smiling upon seeing the name. " 'Ey roomie! Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes to help you! Just need to get off some out-drags." She wore a simple grey t-shirt and a pair of yellow slacks. Suddenly, she heard a crash, and turned around only to see Morgan in her living room, looking up.

Terri sighed, put her phone down on the desk, and went near Morgan, crouching down near next to her, putting a hand on her head. Smiling, she took her hand off her head. "Now that you are not hurt, I can scold you. What in the bloody hell were you thinking luv?!" Terri raised her voice, though it still sounded calm and collected. "I will have to deal with this every time, will I? I know I weight 5 pounds wet, but I could've at least helped you carry one box or something Morgan."

She sighed again and this time stood down on the floor, looking at her boxes. "So... you sure you are alright luv? Do you need me to calm your mind?" Terri's expression was still cherrie, and her hand went on Morgan's forehead.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Morgan
Studio Apartment

Tilting her head back and locking her eyes on Terri, Morgan watched her get closer. Looking up at the other girl Morgan didn't say anything at first. Feeling Terri's hand on her forehead Morgan couldn't help but let a smile slip onto her lips. The smile however quickly went away as she tried to hide the fact that she was perfectly fine. This however did not last long as she let out a whine at being scolded. "Not every time... I promise.. or atleast I will try my best." Morgan mumbled at the end. It was true that no matter what she promised... she couldn't be sure it wouldn't happen again. Infact, the more she tried to keep herself from messing up the more common it seemed to get.

"I know you could have helped... but I thought this would be a good way for me to- Well thinking on that I guess that wasn't the best idea. I didn't see that the portal would invert itself." Morgan chirped. Looking up and focusing on Terri's hand Morgan debated over saying yes or no. "Well, I mean you can if you want. I won't complain." Morgan mumbled out barely above a whisper. Realizing what she had said she quickly went into mental damage control. "Im hungry, want me to make something to eat?" Morgan quickly chided out hoping that the allure of food would distract Terri.

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Turbo
aka Wally Jones
interactions/mentions: Archon Archon sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Loony_Bin Loony_Bin D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Wally finally took actual steps towards the counter, rather than "jumping," tossed his school bag onto the island and downed the final glass of lemonade Robin had directed him to. "Hey, look on the bright side, Rob. Boston went viral for saving you from the rubble, and so did the civilian who patched him up afterwards. We'll get our shots next time." He winked, his trajectory now in the direction of the Chips Ahoy cookies. "This does nothing for my lemonade, by the way. But I appreciate the thought." Wally noted, scarfing down two cookies at a time. With his body constantly producing the chemicals needed for his "jumps" and explosions, that alone took up more energy, and food than you could imagine. "Maybe if we see that movie saturday..? The one I've been telling you about." More like nagging about the latest Fast and Formidable action movie in theaters, featuring Dwayne "the Stone" Johnson and more. Wally was a big fan trying to put Robin on the franchise for almost the entire length of their friendship. Years.
tumblr_m4o7p7F5v21qdhps7o8_r1_250.png

Spinning at the voice of Natalie, Wally almost jumped, then slouched slightly even if the sorceress hadn't meant to push any buttons. "School's a hassle, Nat." He whined, stretching an arm out at his bag. A miniature explosion was released from his palm with the sound of a gun shot, smoke rising from his arm as a small flame lit the bottom of his bag. "Great." Wally said softly, patting the bag that now had a baseball-sized hole in the bottom. "At least I still have these cookies, huh?" He said mostly to himself, before glancing over at Lydia who'd claimed the bank scene "wasn't a big deal." His smile returned as he whipped out his phone from his pocket, quickly dialing in letters with his free (of cookies) hand, and sliding it over the counter towards the archer.

The phone revealed an Instagram tag search, "ManhattanBank," with hundreds of videos of the scene. "Press is press, huh. Some good, some bad, but it's pretty cool to me. I'll definitely be out there next time, though."

Theresa Xavier
Studio Apartment​

Sighing again, Terri turned her head towards Morgan, smiling. "I think you should start unpacking luv. I can help you this time." Terri rose up, her slender physique barely blocking the sun coming from the window behind her. "I think you should start training with small things, and with small distances, like, say, this room. If things go bonkers, at least we won't have things like you falling from the sky." Terri went slowly to the boxes, gently putting a hand on one box.

"I sure hope you didn't have anything fragile in these boxes. We would need a lot of glue to put them back together." Her voice was chipper as always, and her rather bubbly personality was tamed by a dose of elegance and grace. A small giggle escaped her lips, turning her head towards Morgan. "Pff, hey, stop me if you heard this. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" A small blush crept on her face saying that, shaking her head, the small giggle going into full blown laughter. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It was something a jokester used on a student at college and she immediately quipped Nah, but it stung like a bitch when I crawled out of hell." Small snorts were now starting to creep in her laughter, as she clutched her stomach.

Morgan
Studio Apartmet

"Yeah, I should get started. I cant lay around gawking all the time." Morgan trailed off watching Terri walk in the sun. Hearing Terri speaking Morgan suddenly snapped back to reality. Hearing atleast a majority of the words she was able to put the rest together. "Small is boring though. I know I am capable of more but... I don't want to hurt myself again." Morgan said as she involuntarily moved her hand up to her nose as if it was bleeding. Realizing what she was doing she stopped. "Sorry, its not exactly a nice memory. But enough of that. We're here, we are queer and we are ready to have fun. " Pausing for a moment she couldn't meet Terri's gaze. "Well, I don't know about the queer part." Morgan lied through her teeth "But we are definitely ready to have fun."

Finally meeting Terri's eyes once more she coudn't help but feel giddy about it all. "Im not that worried about it. I could also get myself another one and work on trying the smaller things at the same time. im pretty sure all my dinner plates are in that box over there. It was on the bottom, but came through ontop." Morgan said pointing at the box that got the most air after coming through the portal. While wrapped up it was quite visibly beaten with Morgan herself realizing that the box was likely a complete loss. "I mean, on the bright side we can pick out something we both like now. Or! I can just pull them through and we can play russian roulette with what they look like!" Morgan said getting excited at the idea of seeing what the plates would look like.

Looking over at Terri as she explained her flirty line Morgan couldn't help but let a smile come across her face. "It wouldn't hurt as I know you wouldn't let me fall. Or you'd catch me if I slipped." Morgan replied. "Oh and that falling from heaven part isn't real because I told you I would always be around and I like to keep my promises." Morgan said her voice alittle more serious in tone as she went on. "But i like that reply. Its witty and kinda sexy." Morgan finished, her hands dragging over a box labled "Gemmy gems, home of gems and other pretty things." Taking the tape off the top Morgan lifted the top off and began to set aside some of the decorations she had in her dorm room. "I like shiny things which you probably already know. I feel like its a family thing as my mom and sister are the same way. We call it our hoard's."

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Last edited:
Connor Rogers
Quin-jet

Lucy had missed what he'd said, she was focused and looking ahead so he stood up straight so as not to disturb his sister for the moment. But with the destination closing in Connor opted to slip back into the unoccupied pilot seat to take over for her when she left. There were a pair of men on the ground guiding their descent, the airport having been notified they'd be landing beforehand. Still the people running the airport contacted the vehicle to confirm, Connor flipped a switch to open the mic on the console to answer them. Afterwards he'd turned his head to Lucy, "Go get'em tiger." He said with a genuine smile.

----

Connor had taken the Quin-jet back on the projected path before engaging the stealth mechanism's once out of Somalia's radar range. And with that done he swung her around to head towards the dam, and allowing the auto-pilot to do it's work. The groups in the back were speaking with one another, some choosing silence. As they grew closer Connors nerves were getting to him, the general kind with any mission that had high stakes. He allowed the nerves beforehand to get them out of his system so that once he was on the ground they were all but gone. Nobody came to the front to speak or called his way so he decided to focus on the path ahead of them.

Once the arrival occurred Connor found a place to set the jet down in a small opening near a patch of trees not too far from the dam. With the stealth still engaged it would be safe until they returned for it. By the time he was getting up from his chair and putting the comm in his ear, Finn was already taking the lead with his part of the mission in getting Isiah ready for his entrance. "See you on the other side. Remember not to be so heavy footed while you're in there." He said jokingly to Isaiah before giving the man a nod of parting before turning to the others with his hands on his hips. "We do this as smooth as possible. If you've got any last minute thoughts or fears, now's the time to put them out there." He was trying to alleviate any doubts or discomfort they might have. It was easy to forget that some of his junior's didn't have any experience in this kind of situation. It was a little different from your typical hero work in New York. Connor knew his work at SHIELD gave him just that.
NanLia NanLia Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
CasualDragon CasualDragon sitanomoto sitanomoto Safton Safton Pyosimros Pyosimros Braddington Braddington

Fritz Schultz
Mood: Highly Pissed off
Interacting With: Archon Archon sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Pyosimros Pyosimros fin fin

Fritz listened as Robin told her story about her families' baggae and immediatly shrugged, "I mean okay, that sucks but at least your family HAS a history." He took another sip of his lemonade, desperatley wanting to take his mask off fully as he felt his forehead begin to get a bit sweaty, "My da- er...predasecor was nothing more than a loser and a two bit crook. I'm trying to be better but so far I've managed to become what, a G, F maybe E list at best superhero? I mean christ, I was only allowed to stay in the tower to get medical treatment and to hide my quilt colored face from the public. Closest run in I had with any sort of Avengers anything before this was when Spider-Man kicked by ass from Harlem to Washington Heights until I begged him to stop punching me...not my greatest moment but still."

Fritz did quirk a brow when Robin mentioned apologizing to the symbiote though, but before he got the chance to, he watched instead as a ball of pure enmedicated ADHD and red bull burst into the room and began going from point to point recaping the bank heist and once again mentoning Fritz's failure, "Yeah yeah rub it in more, I fucked up I get it..."Fritz sighed to himself, shaking his head as he did. It was when Wally took out his phone and slid it across the table towards Lydia that Fritz saw something that he wanted to double check.

Placing his drink down Fritz grabbed the phone before Lydia could grab it and began to scroll through the Instagram tag, his eyes going wide under his mask as he saw thousands of videos with thousands of likes from the bank, some about the heroic bank rescue, and others about the ensuing elephant chase, and many more mocking Fritz and Robin's failed attempts to take in the symbiote. Combine that with the fact that the news on the tv was going in on how 'iresponsible' and 'unprepared' everyone was and Fritz finally flipped out,
"GOD DAMMIT IT! I get that we didn't do the best back there, and there are plenty of people who could've done a better job than what ended up happening but like...we tried right? Doesn't that count for something? I mean jesus christ I'm sitting here sore all over after trying to shut down what I saw as a threat, after I genuinly tried to HELP people and all everyone can talk about is how much I fucked up?! Is this what being a hero is all about? Because if it is, it's bullshit..."

No Gratitude

Robin shrugged, standing up and chipping another chunk off of her cookie before she went back to sit down at her spot on the counter. "Well, everyone's got baggage. At least Cassie understands that you need to lay low for a while."

"I was at the bank, too, y'know. I saved people." She muttered. Wally mentioned going to see that new movie on Saturday. "You haven't stopped talking about that since the first trailer came out." Robin said with a smile. "If it means that much to you, then hell yeah I'll go."

Fritz had Yanked the phone away from the counter, and from Robin's small vantage point, she could see headlines and articles detailing how badly she and Fritz screwed up. Robin frowned, looking hurt. "What the fuck, they didn't even write my name in the bank article....." she muttered, feeling a stab at her soul.

Fritz blew up before she could, though, and she decided to put on her big girl pants and try to calm him down. She put her helmet on and jumped to the floor, the grew to full-size before stepping in front of the quilted boy and firmly taking the phone away. She set the device back down on the counter as she replied. "Yes, that's basically what being a hero is. People bitch at you and whine about how you fucked up and what you could have done better. But there are some people who are genuinely grateful for our help." She took off her helmet again, staring at Fritz's mask. "You might only be an E-list hero right now," she said, "But think about this: the more you fuck up, the more you have a chance to learn. The more people bitch at you, the thicker skin you'll get." She put a hand on his shoulder, forcing herself to attempt an encouraging smile (which wasn't easy, considering how much she wanted to curl up right there and disappear). "It doesn't matter who your dad is. It matters who you are, and what other people say is a reflection of them, not of you."

Wow. I really need to take my own advice sometimes. Feel like I'm almost on the verge of tears. Heh.

fin fin Loony_Bin Loony_Bin D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Archon Archon Pyosimros Pyosimros

Last edited:
Natalie Strange
Avengers Tower

"Uh huh," Natalie responded to Wally's whine, "I'm sure it is, Wally" She sighed sarcastically, wondering how mush easier her life would be if she didn't have to break her body doing footpad work for the Avengers - her studies where far more important. In some ironic twist of irony, it was this heroine work which acted as her own school, experience of reality demanded by her father - wise as he was. Natalie was robbed of the mysterious wonders of her Sanctum and, in spite of the pride she'd felt in the heat of the moment as a great saviour and hero, the long-con success of their actions less than a few days ago came crashing down just as Manhattan's esteemed bank had. She didn't want to be bitter, Natalie understood the public view - but that did little to dissuade her inner devil that demanded... superiority, in bleak comparison to her comrades. She and Boston did their duties, why couldn't the others?

She wanted to berate Fritz - her mouth ached to ward him against this entitlement - being a hero wasn't a privilege, or a fancy title. Lives were at stake and those who didn't have the metal or the will to deal do things right had no place in the profession. It took more than good intentions and a kind heart to better the world, it took strength and an undeniable faith in oneself. Failure wasn't an acceptable option. Fortunately for them both, Robin's diplomatic lecture laced with inspiration was far better than Natalie's authoritarian beratement.

Then, the terminal that decorated the room's center stage lit ablaze with a deep red hue; the screen displaying a livefeed to the sturdy sci-fi inspired holding cells, where there resident symbiote-gone-human now stood awakened, caught in their advanced web of technological justice. "Prisoner's awake..." Natalie muttered, eyeing the others in the room in a self-absolving manner.
"If someone could please deal with that, I'll teach you an incantation." She leaned forward and grasped her drink yet again, "Thanks." She remarked, taking a long sip of the icy-cool lemonade which, she admitted, was extremely delicious. Further evidence of her guaranteed inaction. Despite being the de-facto high ranker, she was in no state - wizard or otherwise - to travel the vast hellscape that was the Tower's mountain of unending stairs.

"A disturbance has been detected in Hell's Kitchen." Friday's robotic voice spoke up, Natalie's ears perked up at the warning, she urgently placed her drink back onto the desk and fixed the AI's projected hologram feed with an apprehensive glare, fear mingled with resignation behind her weary eyes. "Put it through, Friday."

The hologram feed morphed from the scene in the holding cells to a great landscape of utter destruction; an entire bar front stood decimated upon the distant landscape, two figures - one levitating and one floating - stood morphed in the luminescent chaos, their forms only silhouetted by the searing flames that littered various police cruisers. "That's not good - not now. Friday, anyone on scene?"

The A.I pulled up a side-image, "Sean Scott Summers," Her metallic voice resounded, his bio was highlighted in Natalie's concerned gaze. She'd never met the man, personally, but he was an ally and acquaintance of the team. She breathed steadily, cursing this damn business she'd gotten roped into - glistening eyes scrutinized the recording, she had no power to intervene for this, the event they bore witness to was long since enacted best on the turbulent environment. They'd need to discuss with the hero on scene how best to proceed.

Interactions - fin fin
Mentions - Loony_Bin Loony_Bin sitanomoto sitanomoto

Last edited:
Theresa Xavier
Studio Apartment
Terri's laugh barely stopped, still gripping her stomach. With one hand she gently swatted the tears from her eyes. She cleared her throat, going next to Morgan, gently ruffling her hair. "It's just a stupid pick up line, it doesn't have to make sense. But yeah, the reply was really cool, like she had that cooked especially for him." Letting out a rather happy sigh, she took her hand off Morgan's head. Looking at the gems, Terri looked at them raising an eyebrow. "They look really pretty. I can almost see my stupid face in them." Terri started to make some weird faces, amusing herself.

Suddenly, an idea came to her mind. Seeing Morgan smile, she remembered what her new roommate mentioned a few minutes ago. "You know, I think we shouldn't really unpack on an empty stomach. I know I forgot to eat. Again." As if on cue, her stomach grumbled and Terri pulled a face. "I don't have enough things for you to make something good to eat sadly. Unless you want some stale bread and margarine."

Putting a hand around her shoulder, her smile ever as soft, Terri said "Let's go buy some stuff. Maybe even grab something to eat. How 'bout it?" Taking her hand off, she looked at a drawer in the room, opening and taking out a pair of black skinny jeans, and a yellow t-shirt. She went into the bathroom, then peaked her head out. "I'm gonna change, if you don't mind doll." Terri closed the door to the bathroom.

Ollie Hammond
Avengers Tower
Ollie smiled as the feeling of anger and rage faded from his mind. He felt his mind at ease, although, his smile went away as he saw Nat's expression. That expression was familiar to him. It was the same expression he had seen on some of the scientists at his lab when other subjects would fall to him. Looking at Nat, he quietly said "S-Sorry..." and quickly went to the other discussion, standing next to the fridge, looking down.

Hearing Fritz, he shyly tried to say speak up. "Uhm... I-I was k-k-kind of covered well by the media b-but I still... failed to capture them. How good you did in the mission d-does not assure you a victory." Ollie spoke like he knew what he was saying, gulping and feeling flustered. He looked at Robin and smiled, nodding. He looked at his hand, and slowly started to feel his metallic skeleton, trying to remember anything of his father, even though he doesn't remember his mom or mister shades mentioning him.

He was snapped out of it due to the robotic voice starting to talk. Listening to the metallic voice, he opened the fridge and made himself a sandwich, witch, oddly, only contained meat. He started to eat it sheepishly, looking down all the time, as if he was not trying to make himself noticed, still flustered a bit.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin fin fin Archon Archon

Turbo
aka Wally Jones
interactions: Archon Archon Loony_Bin Loony_Bin sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros D3lmoniko D3lmoniko
Wally smirked slightly when Robin agreed to go to the movies. After months of nagging, the simple point of approval came, simple, but it came nonetheless. "Hey, if any of you guys want to come too, it's no problem." He added to no one in particular, but left the open invite to his squad mates. It was important to get that slice of life outside of fighting and battles.

Turbo leaned against the counter more comfortably now. He'd tossed his schoolbag onto the floor beside him, and continued munching the cookies when he slid his phone over the counter, though Shocker had intercepted it. He'd never quite learned the Shocker's secret identity under the mask, but it didn't bother him too much. A lot of people preferred maintaining their dual lives separate, but as for Wally, he trusted his fellow teammates with a secret like that, and as conversations have ensued, has had no problem being called Wally amongst his team. A perk for heroes, and heroes only.

His train of thought was quickly derailed when Shocker was able to get a reaction out of the Instagram feed. Surprised at the outburst of the newbie, he held back a slight chuckle but couldn't help but feel bad for him. And for himself for not even being present at the scene. To distract himself, he took another bite out of the Chocolate Chip cookie, and thankfully Robin was able to muster her own inner therapist to calm Shocker down. "Damn, that's new. You watch motivational podcasts or something now?" Wally joked. "She's not wrong though, Mr. Shocker, sir. Move on to the next one, eh?" Wally wasn't really one to dwell on the wrongs or mistakes, and didn't need pep talks often. His "Dory" memory would allow him to forget or not pay much attention to errors and just ' on to the next.'

The live broadcast of the group's captive on the Bank Heist mission blinked alive, revealing a distraught man, tall and dark-haired trapped in one of the containment units. Must be the symbiote one. Wally thought to himself. He'd read his own copy of the mission reports on the way to Avengers Tower (now burnt at the bottom of his bag) and had a rough idea of what'd occurred. He was just about to make his own way to the cell, just to check out the prisoner until Friday's voice beamed. He reached for another cookie while he stopped to watch the hologram, awkwardly retracting his arm when he realized he'd emptied the once 3/4 full pack in one go.

His eyes widened at the decimated Hell's Kitchen bar displayed in the hologram, two obvious metahuman culprits at the entrance. "Nat... What happened?" Wally barely uttered his words. "What are the casualties at, Friday?" He looked to Nat for his next line of direction. They'd both been related to S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers for the same amount of time, but over the course, Wally had come to respect her and her expertise. In a situation like this, he'd follow her order.

Interactions: Archon Archon fin fin

Max regarded the police barrier forming at a distance down the road, he absent-mindedly wrapped their captive in wires and metal dislodged from a nearby objects. He was calculating, grey eyes trailing over the officers standing at the ready but keeping a wary distance. There was one among them that didn't belong but he couldn't identify him at this distance. For whatever reason it seemed the officers were taking his advice and perhaps listened to his orders? He inhaled deeply, glancing to his friend as he shrugged and questioned their next move.

"Well, we'll need a get away - no point in leading them on a chase around the city." He raised a hand, dragging the nearby parked cars down the road and lifting them into the air. The cars picked up speed as they hurtled towards the police line. Max's brought his hand down swiftly, the cars diving from the side nose first towards the police. He wasn't attempting to hurt anyone - not yet at least, and brought the cars down several feet in front of the barrier, creating a wall of cars one after another. He glanced to his partner in crime, nodding towards the nearest man hole as he flipped the lid up. "You go under, I'll go over and bring our guest."

Sean Summers
aka Corsair
interactions: Archon Archon NanLia NanLia
Sean stood closest to Jose's bar than the rest of the police force perched on opposite sidewalks behind him, taking in anything that could be of help. In reality, he was too far away to acquire any viable knowledge on the metas, and their captive. He glanced back at the Chief as when spoke, "There's an unidentified captive-"

"Summers, watch out!" The Chief screamed, and in instinct, Sean turned his head around on a swivel, removing his ruby quartz glasses while his eyes heated and glowed with red energy. The projectile- projectiles, multiple cars hurdled towards the police, but instead of colliding with Sean, they stopped short, piling up into a wall; Wedged between the police officers, and the metahumans responsible for the destruction. He lowered his face, allowing the red glow in his eyes to fade before wearing the glasses again.

"Chief, I need a closer look. But I can't risk any of your men. I don't know who these supers are, but I'm not aware of their limits either." Sean said.

"This is my case, Summers. You're not going in alone. If you're going in, so am I." Chief Garcia answered. Sean thumbed the bridge of his nose, but knew arguing with the police chief wouldn't be helping his case. "Could I get a vest too?" Sean asked with a forced smile.

Sean had replaced his black trucker jacket with the sleeveless N.Y.P.D. Kevlar vest. Rather than through the cars, the Chief and Detective had ascended the nearest building's side stairs, and because the area had relatively small structures, they hopped the distances between them before coming up just at Jose's bar. The goal of going around the barrier was to maintain stealth, and go unnoticed. The two dropped belly-down as close to the ledge as possible, and Sean pulled out his combat camera while the Chief stood guard if a third meta were to appear. The picture of the Juggernaut- Harris Daniels, Sean already knew. The Magneto-type meta was new, but looked roughly his age too, dark hair and fair skin. The victim (now wrapped in a sphere of metal) had looked familiar to Scott when he took the photo, and it wasn't until he focused in on the dark green octopus a fallen operatives' patch that he realized. Is that Hydra? And if they were protecting the older man is that... "Crossbones."

"You said something, kid?"
The Chief asked.

"Er, talking to myself." He replied swiftly, but was visibly distressed. He had to examine the scene.

POST-07
PERRY PARKER
"It'll be fine."

Perry replied with an enthusiastic nod. "Alright," he smiled. While he didn't particularly need any reassurance of the mission's success, it was still something nice to hear. It was never a worry of if the mission was a success for them, it was more so a worry of if everything was taken care of at home. If any number of individuals with ill-intentions caught wind of their mission, they could've planned to initiate their plan the moment they had left. There've already been a few large events that've taken place in the past day or two, namely a bank robbery that Natalie was involved in stopping.

Hmmm...

He began considering giving her a small text, perhaps a congratulations or a sort of late goodbye for until he returned. Perry hadn't particularly kept in touch with her in recent weeks, with him being mostly busy with schoolwork and all the like. Giving it a few more seconds of thought, he finally caved in—they wouldn't be landing for roughly another thirty minutes anyways. Thus, pulling his phone out from his pocket, he sent, "Grats on the bank stuff! But I'll be looking to one-up it on this mission. Anyways missing home already."

And with a small, smug look on his face Perry pocketed his phone and he began to sink deeper into his chair. They still had some time until he was to leave, which made the current moment a perfect opportunity to take a short nap...

~~

"Everyone have their com and ready to go? Any last minute changes?"

"W-Wha?" Perry rubbed his eyes before going into a stretch. For a short moment he had forgotten where he was, though as he began to remember, his posture suddenly straightened and he was on full alert. With the quinjet dropping off the diplomatic squad, Connor very soon took the quinjet's controls once more and steered the rest of the squad to their next destination. Perry would be lying if he said he didn't feel at least slightly anxious now. He didn't seem too stressed before, but as the mission began to start, these emotions began to creep up on him.

As the crew landed, Connor began to speak, saying, "We do this as smooth as possible. If you've got any last minute thoughts or fears, now's the time to put them out there."

"Aye aye captain," Perry eagerly replied, rising from his seat.
----
Location - Quinjet
Interactions - CasualDragon CasualDragon Crono Crono Archon Archon

K.D.
In the hanger, with the applicants.

K.D. let the android, Jocasta, turn attention away from her. It seemed that while it was an advanced system, seemingly like Vision had been, it/she was having issues recognising the concept of a pre-prepared applicant that had already amassed almost every possible needed document. Which was ultimately fine, as others in the hanger seemed to have words for the android, and quite frankly it gave K.D. more time to mull over the going ons of her mind.

First and foremost was that she was going to have to talk to them about keeping her identity a secret. It was already hard, and painful, enough to keep the secret from her parents. If they knew she'd joined the Avengers... well, perhaps her father would be proud... or perhaps not. She'd seen him without a shirt on, and the proof of injuries entailed with the role of a vigilante were quite terrifying. Her mother, on the other hand, would flip. She'd be absolutely livid to know she was 'throwing away' a promising academic career.

Which lead to the second thing on K.D.'s mind.

Dropping her backpack to the seat next to her, she opened it as another girl began 'speaking', but the elaborate hand gestures and lack of words told the Murdoch all she needed to know. Apparently a deaf or deaf-mute had come ill-prepared for the idea to handling of interpersonal communications. It wasn't that K.D. was happy to see she was clearly doing better than anyone either, but she couldn't help but think that it was a silly mistake, given that she knew of know way she could actually help. So instead K.D. began rifling through the numerous textbooks she had. Advanced Trig, Incans: Rise and Fall of an Empire, Sociology, some old tome, Advanced Calculus... wait...

Shifting the calculus book back quickly, K.D. reached down and pulled out the olden, leather-bound tome she had in her bag. Looking at the cover, and if she didn't know better, she'dswear that the crescent moon etched on the front was silver, but that would've been ridiculous. She must've been so wrapped up in her main courses she'd forgotten about grabbing this book. It did, after all, seem quite interesting, and certainly drew her attention as her eyes fell onto the calligraphy that spelled out its title.

"Hwalba Lunee Aldata Decret?" she mumbled, curious as to why this language she was certain she'd never seen seemed so familiar. Curiously, she let the book fall open and pored over it's foreign symbols intently before something clicked in her head, "I could help?"

As the line ran through her mind, she looked up to see Jocasta presumably offering solutions to the one girl's communication issues. It seemed it wasn't a simple solution that the android had offered, but as K.D. ruminated on it, coming up with nonverbal cues couldn't be that hard, at least not simple ones for at least one outing. It was a simple enough task, and a single thought echoed in her mind as she replaced the 'Hwalba Lunee Aldata Decret' in her bag.

'I could help. I could easily help.'

A simple thought... where had it come from though? Still, where the thought had come from was irrelevant as long as they could all work together.

Smiling warmly, she stood and approached the girl, her harness' limbs extending and scooping up a pen and paper. Gesturing a broad, over head wave at the girl, her harness' limbs quickly jotted down 'Hello' before the deaf or mute girl's eyes, before K.D. pressed her hand to her chest and gave a slight, formal bow, 'I am K.D.' quickly finding itself written as a follow-up to the written greeting. Without any other movements, the robotic limbs wrote but a simple inquiry; 'Shall we devise a short term, nonverbal means of communication?'

Once finished writing, her 'spare limbs' proffered the notebook to the girl as K.D. awaited her response.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider PlusUltra PlusUltra

Noire
New york city, hells kitchen, poorly lit alley way.

The combined disorientation from the magical blast and the portal shift was enough to make the elf dizzy, he was very happy to find solid ground beneath his feet. Or rather his hands and knees as he had immediately fallen into a pile of black soft stones which were sleek, reflective, and foul scented. It didnt take him long to realize he was in a pile of trash. Yet that didnt matter to him too much though. He was much more preoccupied with the steam and smoke emanating from his smouldering skin. Bits of metal here and there clung to his body still hot and glowing. Needless to say he was in a considerable amount of pain, but it was a familiar sensation one he could manage.

Finding a puddle of water he tore a cloth from what was once his cloak and got it damp before pulling the bits of metal out one at a time and dropping them into the puddle with a faint hiss. Luckily the wounds didnt seem to severe, but he could feel pain beneath his skin bruising and possible internal hemorrhaging. Still he was lucky to be alive and he knew it. He scanned the area around him for a breif moment before snagging a sheet off of a clothes hanger and letting his hand crackle with dark purpleish magic as it shifted the cloth around refitting it into a black cloak for him. He would need time to recover before making any moves and this spot seemed as good as any, who knew if he would find another one.

He sat down against one of the walls allowing his spear to lean over him, yet keeping it firmly in his normal hand. With his other arm he drapped the cloak over him. Sure he couldve hidden himself better, he probably shouldve gotten away from the now vanishing rift in case malakith came after him. Yet he was exhausted, battered, and lost. He wouldnt get far in his condition no matter how he tried. Plus he was just so damned tired, his pale eyelids pulled themselves together and he began to drift off in only a few moments.

(Open)​

General Wolfram and Mammomax continue down the back alleys of New York it's dark out and they've been running for about an hour or more Mammomax begins to tire out. Today did not go as he expected but that's what they get for just barging into a bank in broad daylight but he wasn't expecting was for the General to come through the way he did for their escape.
---------------------------------------------
The General was being chased down by a telepath and some boy who ran on all fours like a wolf. The telepath couldnt hold him for too long and he eventually was freed from her invisible grasp, he then attacked the boy with hidden claws in his glove fingers but for some reason the blades didn't necessarily incapacitate him much at all as he continues to give chase. The two were still on it though the boy was seemingly a lot more angry.

The general managed to find and oil tanker and from there Joan switched from running on rooftops to catching a ride on a truck he threatened driver to speed up. As he did, the General could still see the two teens on their tail. The telepath stopped the tanker from moving temporarily, allowing the wolf boy to get on the tanker and approach them. The General tore open the glove compartment in front of him and found a pistol and began shooting at the telepath. A bullet had grazed past her face, causing her to loose focus and the tanker sped off at full speed, almost making the wolf boy loose balance. He demands the driver take a sharp turn and he does so, almost making the wolf boy loose more of his balance but he's still hanging on. The General is getting slightly agitated but as he ools across some of the other buildings, he's can see on the other side that Mammomax is having troubles with three vigilantes. One some blood-red monstrosity, the other some child wearing an entire enmity for a body armor and another about the size of a two-story building. Those aren't good odds for Mammomax.

The General hatches an idea and tells the driver to makes another sharp turn. When the driver does so, the tank almost tilts over and they almost loose their momentum. That is exactly what he was hoping for. The General commands the drivers to make one more sharp turn and when they do, they're on the main street where Mammomax is scrapping with the three "heroes". The General orders the driver to go full speed ahead and the driver is reluctant at first but there's nothing but few finger knives to the throat that won't get your point across. The driver steps on the gas and they proceed down the the crowded street, pushing aside every car in their way. The General reaches into his bag and pulls out two grenades. The wolf boy makes to the passenger side of the door and tries to get a hold of the general but he quickly pulls him in instead and pins the gun against the wolf boy's head before unloading an entire clip into him and tossing him back out the window. With the wolf boy finally out the way. He suddenly takes hold of the wheel and makes a sharp turn to the left. The speed and the sudden shift in direction, is enough for the tanker to loose it's momentum and begins to tilt sideways. The General takes the pins out the grenades and sticks them in between the waste belt of the seat belt. Hopefully, Mammomax can look behind himself and take the appropriate action. The tanker his a vehicles which is enough for the whole thinks to tumble right towards the commotion. The General jumps out through the window and makes it out topside at the same time Mammomax, having seeing the tanker coming behind him during the fight, runs towards the tanker and rolls out of control. He slides under it juest before it can hit the ground again and the rider has landed on his ride. The continue on before a loud BOOM! is heard behind them. The two robbers don't look back as this is the only opportunity they'll have to make it home free. Sure enough, they almost were

--------------------------------------
"I won't lie, Gen....That was pretty sick...I didn't expect you to come through for me like that....I didn't expect for you to come for me at all actually..." Mammomax says in between huffs

"Your mudant "prothers" may haffe left vu put I vill not. Ve blay on poth on each others schtrengths. Mein tactical mind und vu schtrength vill get us far in our Henteaffors. Arh ! Zey tozed vu azide pecauze zey deemed vu vorthless. I zee zomeone vo needs guitance. Incendiffe. Caze in boint, Max: I need vu. For vat is ein 'general' vithout ein 'zoltier'? "

Mammomax actualy feel his heart flicker "Wow...T-Thanks, Gen! For real!"

"Do not get zoft on me, Max! Zeze vords are to Hacknovledge your vorth! Do not let it change our dynamic!" The General clarifies

"Sir, yes sir!" Mammomax replies as the turn down another corner in an ally and they come across someone covered in a robe sitting on the littered ground

"Holt!" The General commands and Mammomax does just that. The General dismounts the elephant man and approaches this figure. When he does his steps on the metal shards that lay in a puddle. The General looks at this figure's spear that he has close to him and sees a faint purple glow coming from under the robe.

"Hey uuuu General? You think that's a good idea to be inching towards a guy you don't know?" Mammomax espresses his worry

"Vat elze could pe pack here pezides your common zuber-bovered degenerate?"

"If that's really what you really think this guy is, you wouldn't really bother with him."

The General nods with a small smirk. Max's mind was smartening up it seems. "Vu are right. Arh ! Put mein inner curiozity sbeaks to me. Und it visches to know vo Hexactly could zis berzon pe?" The General kneels down in front of the robed figure

"You think he's that different?"

"I'm hobing he is." The General reaches for the figure's hood, seeking to reveal his face

FearItself FearItself

Last edited:
Morgan
T&M Apartment.

Watching Terri’s reflection in the surface of the gems she couldn’t help but giggle at the faces she made. Happy that they were intact she put the top back on before pushing them away. Finally getting up and onto her feet she turned towards Terri. “You know I love shopping. Well, sometimes, one of those times is now.” Morgan mumbled towards the end. “Gotcha, I may be a minute.” Morgan said in response to Terri changing.

Focusing for a moment Morgan opened a hole in the air in front of her. Stepping through the hole she found herself transported into a large open room filled with drawer upon countless drawer. Looking up the whole of the room seemed to suddenly shrink, or perhaps Morgan grew in size. In the end it didn’t matter as the girl opened the drawer she needed to take out several pieces of clothing. Returning the room to its original size Morgan peaked out of the Tear to check if Terri was ready.

Quickly getting changed into a white lambskin jacket and jeans Morgan made her way back out of the tear she created. Now back in Terri apartment Morgan turned and looked back inside the portal to see a figure standing at the other end of the drawer filled room. From across the room came a voice “Mistress!”. “Yes Namu?” Morgan called back. “Hi.” was all it yelled back before disappearing. “Hello to you to Namu.” Morgan said unable to hide the grin she had on her face. Pushing herself back she got herself fully in Terri’s room once more.

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Noire
New york alley

Esk was deep in sleep and beginning to feel a bit cold the sheer vividness of his dream was unnerving and all to familiar. A cowering green clad asgardian with jet black hair and a bloodied face, then the suns light faded an incredibly bright flash filled the air, and a white hot pain in his chest and shoulder which rapidly spread to the rest of his body. The Golden haired asgardian prince, hammer spinning, eyes filled woth unbridled rage. He had just got his footing back under him when the flying god charged in nearly as fast as the bolt he had launched...
Esk's eyes flared open as he felt a hand touch his cloak. On reflex his legs propelled him upwards leaving the cloak in the germans hand and almost ramming his head against the metal railing of the fire escape above him. However his hand shot out and caught the railing, in the same instant he kicked off the wall flipping gracefully over the railingand landing at the higher vantage point, the point of his spear leveled at the two.

"Fyrad SSenrious...Na Ani Koth." he said in the only tongue he was taught. Warning them to leave him alone and go, or die without mercy. However his threatening facade broke as his vision blurred and he felt his strength leave him. His head rang, every breath hurt and didnt seem to be getting him enough air. Now that the initial shock had worn off he began to realize the damage malakith had done to him was far more severe than he had thought. When his vision shifted back into focus he noticed he had fallen to one knee, one hand held the railing to steady himself, the other clung firmly to his spear as he eyed what he now saw to be two midgardian denizens, though they looked remarkably different from one another. Another wave of blurry vision washed over him, but this time he managed to keep his balance and struggle to his feet with the help of his spear to steady him. He looked a mess, but an inhuman mess to be sure.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

The two are taken back by the figure's swift movement up the fire escape and are ven more taken aback by the figure's

"Whoa! Did you see how fast that guy moved?! Like he was literally gone in blink of an eye!"

"Indeed." The General says with a smile of fascination. He looks up to the figure and he speaks to them in some foreign language.

"W-What is that? Ancient European?" Mammomax asks the General

"Unzure.vPut he is truly ein unique peing. He isn't like vu, Max."

"You mean...He isn't a mutant?"

The General shakes his head "Nein." The General drops the robe and slowly approaches Esk slowly raising his hands up to show that he means no harm

"You sure this is still a good idea, Gen? You know what they say about curiosity killing the cat." Mammomax warns

"I am not ein houze feline, Max.I am ein volf "

Mammomax shrugs "If you say so..."

FearItself FearItself

An Awkward Hello

Robin was already out of the room by the time the warning popped up, so she heard none of the Hell's Kitchen information. She had her helmet under one arm as she walked down a corridor leading to the holding cells.
After a brief moment of both composing herself and typing in her Tower ID number, she put on her helmet and entered the room where she Thought that the symbiote was.
She was met with a familiar, pissed-off looking face, and she stopped dead in her tracks for a solid 30 seconds, just staring at him.
She shook her head as if to clear it, recomposing herself a d clearing her throat. "Uh..... hey.... um...." she was glad that she had her helmet on. "Hi."
Midrick Midrick
~~~~~~~~
"Casualties at None. No injuries, either. It seems that the civillians fled the scene immediately." Friday responded.
~~~~~~~~
The Pre-Mission Jitters

Cassie watched quietly as Finn warped the infiltration team into the Dam. She glanced around and met Rigel's eyes, giving him a comforting smile. "It'll be done soon, and then we can get back home." She said quietly.
She glanced back at the floor. "I hope Lucy's ready for this. Somalia's not exactly known for its.... uh.... Hospitality." She said, mostly to herself, partly to Rigel.
Braddington Braddington
Mentions: CasualDragon CasualDragon

Last edited:
Theresa Xavier
Studio Apartment
In the bathroom Terri started to hum to herself a song, starting to change herself. "Bad Medicine~" she let out, putting her head through the yellow shirt, slightly messing her hair. Picking up a brush nearby, she let her hair down, brushing it to one side. "There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease." Putting down her brush, she put her hair in a knot again, winking at the mirror. Putting her jeans and her sneakers on, she opened the door to the bathroom.

"So you wanna get something from my dra-" Looking up from her shoes, she saw Morgan all dressed up. "Woah, nice drags. Did you even change your pants? Damn." Terri smiled and made her way towards Morgan, brushing her jacket. "It looks good luv. I only have these types of clothes." She stretched her t-shirt a bit, then let it go, sticking her tongue out. "So, uhm, you want me to show you a place? Or do you already have your mind set on one location?"

Ready when you are. Finn eyed up Isaiah's hand position to make sure it looked alright. He was in full business calculating mode, better to be a little slow and safe than fast and risk losing someone in the brimstone dimension. It proved to be very difficult to find people there. He took a deep breath. "Three. Two. One." Poof. To everyone else they simply would have disappeared with a quiet *bamf* sound. They reappeared less than a second later at Isaiah's destination. At this point, unless it was a rather large distance or a heavy loaded jump, Finn was immune to what it felt like. To anyone else it would likely feel something similar to if they had fallen from a great height. A stomach lurch, nausea, dizziness, someone had even thrown up once. It affected everyone differently. People with motion sickness would really dislike the process more than someone who regularly took part in extreme sports.

Finn was happy to notice that this part of the dam looked exactly as the maps shown. A nice surprise that would make life much easier for the entire crew. After the quick scan of the area he gently maneuvered them to a darker area where they would have a much better chance of not being seen. "You okay? Feel free to hold on for a minute or two if you feel unsteady. I should have taken everyone on test jumps days ago." He muttered. He should have thought ahead and taken everyone on a jump, or a refresher jump for those that he had teleported before, so that they would know what to expect. That should be something I do with the new recruits. "I was kind of a fool in that front. When we get back after this mission I'll make sure that we do more smaller jumps so that it doesn't feel this weird. But you could also be feeling just fine right now. I should go get the others to the first point." Rambling. He wasn't mad at himself per-say. Just a little upset that he hadn't thought of it in advance. "You okay if I leave? Or do you need me to stay for a few more minutes?"
Safton Safton

Isaiah found himself taking a deep breath as Finn counted down, closing his eyes and then...

Woosh.

He hoped that removing eyesight from the equation would ease the sudden transition, but he was wrong. His stomach roiled, his equilibrium shifting as his knees very nearly buckled beneath him. Slowly, he opened his eyes, the unfamiliar surroundings bringing on another sudden wave of nausea which thankfully passed more quickly than the first. Izzy found himself grasping Finn's drawstrings in a white-knuckled grip and he slowly released them, moving one hand to the man's shoulder as he took several deep breaths to compose himself while Finn spoke to him. Coulson's mental comparison of the teleportation to his experience of parachuting in the Army wasn't far off, though what passed for experience had made the event no less unpleasant in the moment.

Finally, Isaiah nodded to Finn. "I'm good, thanks. Go see to the others," he said, patting the man lightly on the shoulder with one massive gloved hand.

CasualDragon CasualDragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back