• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: A New Age (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Rigel_Richards.jpg

INTERACTION : sitanomoto sitanomoto
MENTION : TYPE TYPE (Honourable) -- NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Braddington Braddington CasualDragon CasualDragon Pyosimros Pyosimros (The Jet Gang)

Rigel strapped himself into the jet, fiddling with the mechanisms nonchalantly as if testing their suitability for the trip. He hated flying on anything man made. He couldn't trust it. What if it stopped mid-air? What if it crashed into the ocean? What if it crashed into the land? These were the paranoid questions he constantly asked himself when working with something he was unfamiliar with. Perhaps it was a little elitism, perhaps it was from experience. Perhaps it was both. Regardless, he knew the importance of the mission and he knew the people he was working alongside. He trusted them to at least have a decent mode of transportation. Besides, they certainly had the money. The tower must have cost a fortune, but the real expenses were what was inside it, the technology at use here was astounding. How many people would love to have this kind of set up? He could only imagine the multitudes who stared up at this prime real estate and envied it. He could only imagine the multitudes that stared up at it and planned to attack it. Ah well. What was the point of being a deterrent if you didn't have a fancy building to match? Though it could do with a little more blue.

He listened to the plan of action, running it over in his head. There was a lot that could wrong. They weren't dealing with the most advanced of nations, it was true, but they were nothing to underestimate. More than that, they needed this as a country. The fear of losing that hope of a better tomorrow was a much greater force than any money could buy. His job was to make sure they didn't lose it. Well, his and Cassie’s. Even he couldn't do this alone. It was a big ask. But an ask he was willing to risk. He had to now. For Boston, who so often gave him the boosts he needed. For his mother if nothing else.

It’s what she would have wanted for him.

At the prompt of Connor he tried to think of things to suggest, but they were cosmetic at most. Things that would only occur if it all went wrong. He really hoped they wouldn't. It would be nice for his first true mission with them all to go smoothly. Perhaps that was too much to ask.

He didn't raise his voice, but simply nodded at the man. Happy with what he needed to do and who he was doing it with. Everyone had their strengths, and this was the best way to utilize them. With that his mind wandered, to people and places. He was nervous, it was obvious by the sweat that poured onto his suit. The fabric luckily having been modified to absorb and use such things for his own benefit. He’d obviously objected to that.

“No dad, I won’t get nervous. No dad, I won’t get worked up.”

Sometimes he was an idiot. This was one of those times. He was getting worked up after all. He tried desperately not to portray it openly to no avail. To try and calm himself, he thought of those close to him. He thought of Boston, the lovable giant that he was, of Cassie who sat close to him, and of his mother. The one he’d lost. The one who gave him strength for moments like this. It seemed to help.

His gaze wandered through the jet until laying upon Cassie, who he gave an awkward and somewhat dorky smile.

“Fancy meeting you here. I guess we all need a holiday sometime. Somalia is an odd choice, but I can think of worse places.”

His smile was genuine. His tone upbeat for his current mood-set. If there was a friend he could rely on in times like this, it was her.

"Sounds good, Miss...shouldn't be too much of a problem." Liu said after taking his seat on the Qinnjet. "Right your majesty?"
The Black Panther said nothing as he strapped in, looking towards the outside world, waiting for the others to settle in as well. A few moments later, the Prince felt the jet ascend, exiting the hanger and into the wider world.
Liu smiled, closing his eyes...appear to have dozed off after a few moments...however, there were more then meets the eye, a warrior focusing on the upcoming intrigue and potential conflict.
T'Kanjal on the other hand remained silent, appear to in deep thought. Was he listening on the other's plan? Or was he simply thinking on the events ahead.
Only time would tell...
NanLia NanLia
Characters: Black Panther, Tien Liu

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Timeskip From the Hanger*
"Alright! Good hustle out there!" Chris said, as the door to the simulation opened up, and one of the initiates exited. "Alright, that's the last one! Good job everyone! Y'all did really good on your individual tests...heck, I think all of you passed your individual tests."
Chris pulled up the initiates test scores. All of them had performed excellently, as they were all able to demonstrate their particular power or skill that made them stand out to the average Joe. "Alright, next phase of the initiative process will be testing your ability to adapt to combat situation and your ability to work as a team."
Chris turned around, looking over to the various superhuman whom had been penitently waiting for the last initiate to complete the individual test. Chris could only mentally chuckle at the memory his first time in the simulator. Wasn't as natural for him as it was for the others. Chris was the most "normal" of the bunch, his only real "power" was tech that he didn't even invent. Still, Chris made it onto the team not 'cause he was "normal": It was his ability to use the tech to a point where he could fight alongside the likes of Captain and Miss America. In the end, Chris made his scenario work, perhaps that was why he was allowed on the team to begin with.
"Gather round y'all, and listen up, 'cause y'all need to here this for this next part..." Chris called out, as he waved for the initiates to come closer. "...You know what the secret to our powers as an Avenger? At the fundamental core of it, is that we are a united entity... We're a team...a family...that means yeah, we got our difference, our problems, just like any extend family...but we also got each other's back, no matter the baddie we face...our strength comes not just from our powers, our brains, our skills, but it comes from our ability to punch the bad guys together, as a team. This is what this next test will be about....This exercise is simulation of various real life scenarios, some of which are generators while others put you in the shoes of the Avengers before us, and will help you hone your team work skills. In total, there are roughly 50 odd scenarios to complete." Chris turned to the side and typed somthing into the console, which would project a screen for all to see. The screen showed various locations, some seemingly from history while others were a it more pedestrian. "In theory, a team who can work together perfectly under intense pressure can beat these 50 levels without a problem. Now, don't worry about beating all 50 levels, that's not the point of this test. The point of this test is to see if you have the potential of being an Avenger. Working on a team might be still new to some of you, that's fine, we live and we learn, grow stronger everyday. But we still gotta figure out if you got that foundation to work with."
The screen then showed the simulation room at it's base form, before displaying a number that said "1".
"When you get into the simulation room, Y'all have 15 minutes to get to know each other a little before the tests ahead. Level 1 will be a warm-up round for all you to get your bearings on each other's skills. Just a simple beat-'em up with waves of bots. Each subsequent level will have varying scenarios, some of which I will give an instructions and others will require some intuition on your part to figure out what is going on. Each mission after the first one will have various objectives for you to complete. There will be a lot of fighting, but don't make that your sole purpose; Avengers are always ready to deal with any kinds of threats, be they violent or otherwise. Be ready."
The next thing that came onto the screen were the various pictures of the initiates, as they appeared on screen one by one, forming into a group.
"Each of you will be assessed individually, but to advance the levels you will pass or fail as a group. Don't worry about the assessment, be more focused on your given scenario. It is very possible you may fail in these scenarios, as they're may be a variety of reason why you may fail. Often times it's missing an objective, focusing too much on a bad guy rather on the threat at hand. Other times it might be because you caused too much collateral damage, unintentional damage as a result of just being reckless. So each scenario will also score you on how much collateral you cause each round. While destruction may be inevitable in some of these missions, it would be in your favor to try to minimize collateral damage, this includes civilians, who will account for a whole lot more, so plan accordingly. If you fail, don't worry, it's why we have a simulation. Me, Joscata, and Friday will give you some feedback on what we observe, and you can have a go at the scenario again. Don't except things to be a carbon-copy though, these scenarios will be almost randomly generated ever time, with enemies who have a lot of tricks up their sleeves."
Chris reached over, pressing a button that caused the projection to stop, turning to look at the initiates in front of him.
"Do your best and focus on the task at hand. Work together and watch each others back." Chris smiled, as he placed his hands on his hips, looking over the initiates as they digested the material. "Any questions?"
Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Weason Weason PlusUltra PlusUltra @AnnonDomini Safton Safton Chak Chak Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Characters: Falcon

Isaiah followed Connor and the others to the Quinjet, glancing around the interior of it with quiet admiration. He'd only seen the aircraft -- much less been inside one -- a handful of times in his life. It made the Army helos and Air Force cargo planes he was used to riding in look downright primitive by comparison. He didn't bother strapping in to one of the seats, instead setting his ruck down in the nearest one and heading over to the small holo-table with a nod to Finn.

Before long, Connor was joining them -- of course the Quinjet had Auto-Pilot -- to continue their briefing. When his old friend asked him whether he was okay taking point, Isaiah glanced up at him. "Yeah, I'm good to take point. It should be me," he said. The statement wasn't one borne of arrogance, but pragmatism. If the worst came to pass and bullets started flying, it was better they were headed in his direction than any of the others. But with any luck, it wouldn't be an issue. "Understood," Isaiah said as the man finished. "I'll do what I can to keep any guards from interfering while Cassie and Rigel work on the pod -- preferably without using force." He curled his lip, his tone lowering slightly. "I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them haven't been told about the pod or where the power comes from. They're just trying to feed their families."

Interactions: Crono Crono CasualDragon CasualDragon

Mentions: sitanomoto sitanomoto Braddington Braddington

Casual Conversation

Cassie had pulled up some holo-specs of the arc reactor, and was going over a check of the systems (again) when Rigel spoke up. She swiped them to the side and they disappeared when she turned and looked at her friend.
"Fancy meeting you here. I guess we all need a holiday sometime. Somalia is an odd choice, but I can think of worse places.”
Cassie chuckled. "Hey, I don't get out of the tower much. I'll jump at any chance I get to hitch a ride out of town for a while," she joked back. Her smile fell a little as she thought about the trips Tony used to take her on, but it was only for an instant and soon she was back to smiling. It was an easygoing smile, as she had noticed the Richards boy was fidgeting in his seat. "I meant to thank you, actually. Honestly, if you hadn't helped me out on that reactor, I think we still would have been waiting on me to finish." Translation: Thank you for not letting me run myself into the ground working on this project.
She sighed and looked at Finn, briefly, then turned back. "I hope nothing goes wrong. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt."
Braddington Braddington
(Mentions: CasualDragon CasualDragon , )
~~~~
Angry Playdoh

Robin felt a light blush spread over her cheeks as the boy she was holding pun'd back, and she looked down at the ground. "Holy crap, that's an angry hunk of playdoh and an angrier elephant." She thought about her ribs, and about how much pain she was in, and whether or not it was a good idea for her to go and help out. "How about we go and stop it, then?" She said, closing her mask and looking back at the ground. "Did you want me to drop you, or set you down gently?"
Rhetorical question.
Of course She was going to drop him.

Kidding.
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Midrick Midrick
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
Lucy didn't leave the co-pilot's seat after Connor had set the Quinn jet's flight path; she knew very well the advanced technology Cassie and her father had developed for the jet and autopilot had more redundancy systems than she could likely count. She didn't doubt that she could trust her life, and the lives of those 'under her watch' with the system to pilot itself seamlessly to Somalia and back again without ever encountering a hiccup or error but she simply couldn't. Connor and Cassie often teased her for her 'old world' frame of mind, perhaps too much of her father in her, she liked to know she was in control.

She twisted in her seat to face the aisle, listening to Finn, Connor and Isaiah go over the blueprints and plans. She wasn't certain about Connor's SHIELD partner. She'd vetting his credentials, poured over the data - including the medical reports post dismissal from the army. Everything pointed to an asset to the team but she hated this process. Connor fully believed he could judge best with the potential in action but she disagreed entirely. She much preferred to run simulations and encounters and slowing introduce whomever into the role as part of their squad. She hadn't argued with Connor, however, the mans track record spoke for itself and she couldn't come with a reason to leave him behind with the others running simulations.

She glanced over the Prince briefly, he'd receded into his stupor post meeting and his time within the Tower had been ... terse. He'd been kind and civil but certainly hadn't made efforts to become friendly. She idly wondered if she'd somehow insulted the man. Did he treat Connor and Cassie the same way? She'd have to ask later.

Mentions: Crono Crono Safton Safton sitanomoto sitanomoto Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Braddington Braddington CasualDragon CasualDragon

Max slowly descended towards street level however a few feet off a familiar tune sounded from his pocket, distracting his thoughts. Feathers. Forgetting just what he was about he released his grip on the magnetic forces keeping him a float, thankfully, only a few feet above the street itself. He landed with a grunt, swiftly digging his phone from his pocket and answering swiftly. "Andromeda." He spoke, almost sternly. He knew better than to let the phone go to the answering service - it would only result in his self-conscious bird getting flighty. "Andy, everything okay?"

He kept his sight trained on the opening to the front of the bar, curious to find Harris but currently held up by Andromeda. "We're still good for tonight, right? Eight o'clock?"

Locaiton: Jose's Bar exterior - Hell's Kitchen.
Interactions: sitanomoto sitanomoto - Andromeda
Mentions: Archon Archon rencore666 rencore666

Ollie Hammond
Pre-Time Skip​

Ollie continued to climb, seeing the girl get up before him. Changing his stile of climb to a more cat-like climbing by propelling himself up using his claws and leaping towards the next anchor point. At the end, he mistook the distance that was left, and ended up vaulting over the edge onto the roof, on all fours. Dusting himself up, his wanted to run, but he saw something strange, as if the man was pulled back.

Syrenne's voice made him snap out of his small trance and let out a huff, looking at the enemy in front of him, a determined look on his face. "Can't run anymore, can you?" Ollie wasn't running, rather a more brisk jog, his claws in front of him as if wanting to stab the frail man. Only now he got a clear look at him. His physique was unique and not at all what could pull those flips he just did. The adrenaline started to wear off, as Ollie was too much aware.

"Come quietly now."

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Connor came to the back from the front and listed off some suggestions about drop points and the plan. Finn nodded along as he spoke. And did some quick math. "I can do that. In and out. Not a problem." It was a pretty easy and straightforward plan. Isaiah to the middle, Rigel and Connor and than Cassie and Perry to the outer jump. He would go with Connor ahead and Perry would take up the back. Anyone that was paying attention would hear him silently whispering the plan to himself. Finn simply found it much easier to learn and memorize stuff by speaking it himself.

Rigel and Isaiah both seemed fine with their parts and he was sure that Cassie and Perry were as well. Cassie was chatting with Rigel who looked a little nervous. He had a right to be nervous though, and chances were that Finn mentioning it would just make him more uncomfortable. He made sure to quickly scan his eyes over the group again so that Rigel, hopefully, wouldn't think that he was staring. He did however rest his eyes on Perry. "You've been quiet over there Perry. Everything alright?"

Safton Safton Braddington Braddington sitanomoto sitanomoto Pyosimros Pyosimros Crono Crono

He'd nodded at the others acknowledgement, admittedly a part of him wishing someone had chimed in more. The plan was thrown together mostly between himself and Finn and it left him feeling that weight on his shoulders for sure. "The rendezvous point is the closest jump point." He'd stated briskly, pointing once again to the spot Finn had pointed out. "If for whatever reason you can't make it there, then do your best to get out. We'll find you." With that settled, the others broke off into small groups, Connor stopped over by Cassie and Regal momentarily with an apologetic look for interrupting, "Cass we don't know what kind of security system they've got but I imagine at least camera's so we'll need you to work your magic on those if you can." He gave them a flash of a smile before heading back up front. Connor paused at the back of the seats and bent forwards to be in Lucy's peripheral's. "You ready to play diplomat sis?" He asked curiously, "I won't lie. I really hope the Somalian's play ball. I'm feeling naked without my shield." In the event of a quarrel the shield gave away their identity, not that would be difficult with the diplomatic effort on the same day. Still.

Tags: sitanomoto sitanomoto NanLia NanLia Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Braddington Braddington Pyosimros Pyosimros Safton Safton CasualDragon CasualDragon

Isaiah nodded. "Understood," he said, giving a small wave to Connor and Finn as the former stepped away to converse with the others. Coulson followed suit, taking a seat in the rear of the jet. Under other circumstances, he might try to make small talk with one of his comrades to pass the time in-flight... and soothe his nerves. But Connor was the only one on the craft he would call a friend and he was far too busy at the moment.

Instead, Izzy leaned his head back against the cushion of the seat, crossing his arms and listening to the soft din of conversation and engine noise.

Mentions: Crono Crono CasualDragon CasualDragon

POST-06
PERRY PARKER
During the group's ride within the quinjet, Perry in particular was uncharacteristically quiet. He sat a couple seats away from Finn and the rest of the group, simply eavesdropping into their conversations and plans. While they were plans he had already known from when they were still in New York, he found it necessary and comforting to remind himself of what specifically was needed from him. Within the mission his role wasn't major, yet it was still important enough. He didn't feel or had the right to feel as anxious as Cassie, Connor, and Lucy due to the size of his role, however Perry still felt slightly worried if things were to go awry. It was a new environment after all, an environment he's never experienced or had previously thought he'd ever experience.

"You've been quiet over there Perry. Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine," Perry replied to his blue friend with a smile. It was only a half lie—they've been through tougher situations which had led him to believe their current mission would be rather easy, however one could never be sure.

"You think you can handle poofing us all over to wherever we need to go?"
----
Location - Quinjet
Tags - CasualDragon CasualDragon

Suspicious noises.

"Andy, everything okay? We're still good for tonight, right? Eight O'clock?"
Andromeda smiled. "Hey, Max.... That's actually what I was calling to confirm." She smiled and twitched her wings a little bit as she relaxed. "Just wanted to see if you were still up for it."
She hadn't been dating Max very long. However, she enjoyed the time she spent with him. He made her feel.... appreciated. Accepted, even. As if her Mutation wasn't a big deal and was something to be celebrated. She had blanched the first time he had called her "feathers," for sure, but she had quickly come to realize it was a term of endearment.
She heard something crash on the other end of the line and frowned. "Hey, what was that? Is everything okay?" She started to stand up. "Do you need help, Max?"
NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Timeskip 14 Hours Since the Bank Collapse

Natalie Strange
Avengers Tower

The toll taken by the daily heroine business was no waning feat, even now Nat remained destitute in Avengers Tower, scarcely able to move for the mindblasting pain that spread throughout her muscles. In the aftermath of the attack, chaos had ensued; the News tracked the event like moths to a flame, the City was set alight with fear and apprehension yet again as praise and critique buried the heroes in equal measure. With most senior Avengers away on a critical mission, and without hands-on experience of the event, it fell to Natalie to record the events into the database. Sighing, she rubbed her eyes lazily, glazing her fingers over the keyboard to find her words.

The Bank Crisis
Mammomax and the General - as the database revealed - spearheaded a vicious lightning attack on the NYC Bank and eloped with a massive sum of cash. The bank was fatally damaged by interior explosives set up by the General's henchmen, dispatched by Natalie Strange without any hostage deaths, the bank was fully evacuated before collapse, with herself and Boston Banner bracing the crumbling structure as Lydia Lemire and Robin Lang evacuated the masses, Banner was gravely injured by a metallic rod whilst holding the building, and aided by paramedics soon after. The chaotic brawl at the exterior saw a renegade symbiote engage the metavillain in a free-for-all with the present heroes, Syrenne Grey briefly engaged the overgrown animal before pursuing the escapee General alongside Ollie, "X-42". The duo engagement between villains outside the bank caused a hands-on interference from the hero Fritz, also known as "Shocker", who engaged the symbiote and was later assisted by Robin Lang. With the focus on the symbiote, Mammomax was able to break from the scene unaccosted by the present parties; this has earned no small amount of crackdown on the heroes from the media. After a gruelling fight which saw military forces on-scene, the symbiote was disabled - seemingly not from the combat - and transported to Avengers Tower at S.H.I.E.L.D Director Steve Rogers' command, much to the chagrin of the authorities. The pursuit of the General by Grey and X-42 saw no fruition, as the man seemingly vanished into nothingness atop the rooftops. the blaring light effect of his escape suggests either powerful magic or advanced tech.

"How're you both feeling?" Natalie asked Ollie and Lydia, cracking her knuckles as she stood from the futuristic computer, before sluggishly approaching the famously large Avengers' fridge - one of several - thirsty for anything that had taste. withdrawing the large bottle of lemonade, she scattered several glasses along the counter and poured several drinks for the company present. The Tower was the busiest it had been in some time, even with the absence of the A-Team. Many non-Avengers were currently here seeking refuge, as the political climate to those of heroic disposition was unsteady in the aftermath of a failed villain apprehension. Though it'd die down in due time, there was no shortage of resentful vigilantes who meant to harm both hero and villain alike. Many saw the seizing of the symbiote as a neglect of duty, the creature was fighting the villain, after all.

Stepping towards the couch, drink in-hand, caused Natalie to unwittingly grimace in pain, her eyes strained forward to the duo who's company she tolerated the most out of everyone else who could be titled 'hero' inside - and outside - the Tower, with the exception of Boston. Acutely aware of her own pain, she directed a mildly-sympathetic glance at Lydia, who still carried the extremely severe bruising from yesterday's attack. As it stood, Natalie was in no shape to light a candle, let alone heal anybody. Her wounds were mental, even physically unharmed the taxing use of her magic left a physical impact. But she'd bonded quickly with Ollie and Lydia, a friendship forged in fire and pain. Before them, the only avenger - no, person - she felt any closeness with was Perry, who was off on the covert operation with avengers A-Team. Disappointing, but well-earned.

Interactions - D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Mentions - Pyosimros Pyosimros

Mentions: Crono Crono - Connor Braddington Braddington - Rigel Safton Safton -Isaiah sitanomoto sitanomoto - Cassie CasualDragon CasualDragon - Finn Pyosimros Pyosimros - Perry

Lucy listened to the remainder of the plans with as much detail as she could envision: she knew the layouts of the building and what each of the tech and covert teams were meant to do but in truth it meant nothing if she and T'Kanjal couldn't get the Somalian government to accept their 'gesture of good will'. In fact - if everything went side ways and they took the cryo-pod without their permission they'd look like the criminals in it at the end, even if they left a far better resource for powering their country. "Well laid plans of mice and men often go awry." She murmured to herself.

A notification on the main panel caught her attention, she turned to face forward once again. Clearing it Friday's voice came over the intercom. "Touch down in one minute, Miz Rogers."

"Thank you Friday," She replied, glancing over her shoulder to remainder of the crew but was at a loss of words - she knew Cassie and Conner could handle their own and didn't need additional pep-talks for inspiration.

***​

Interactions: Archon Archon - Harris sitanomoto sitanomoto - Andromeda

"Harris!" Max hissed into the stony gap that once was the front of Josie's Barr. "Get out here now." Already down the street police - real this time - were starting to gather. Their shopping trip for information was supposed to be a quick in and out was garnering more attention than he wanted. He raised a hand and caught a nearby car, sliding it down the road towards the oncoming police vehicles, forcing them to swerve and halt their progression.

"Hey, what was that? Is everything okay? Do you need help?"
"Hmm? What? Oh! No, sorry about that. Just a little distracted at the office today. Pretty busy with a new acquisition today but negotiations aren't going great." He turned his attention back away from the roadway towards the bar, peering into the darkness looking for his friend. "Yeah the noise was just Harris, he's ..." He paused, faltering for a second. "He's the office cat. Yep, always getting himself into trouble." He leaned the phone away from his face. "Harris! Get your fu---zzy ass out here now!" Back to the phone he continued. "Listen Andy, it's been really busy at the office today and I'm running late for this other meeting. I'll see you tonight, alright?" Max didn't wait for a reply, ending the call and shoving his phone back into his pocket. It had been a mistake to answer it at all but he knew very well how anxious she was and if he hadn't answered at all it would have been far worse than his hanging up on her now.

Fritz Schultz
Mood: Worried and in pain
Interacting: sitanomoto sitanomoto
"...I mean if I trip and just so happen to take some steak from the fridge its not like anyone will notice or care right?" Fritz muttered to himself while staring at the large fridge from across the room, "I haven't eaten anything besides ramen or poptarts for weeks, nobody would care if I took one tiny thing or twenty from the fridge, in fact they'd probably be more than understanding...ah screw it, it's to much work to try and sneak anything out."

Sighing as he walked up to the counter where a woman dressed extremely fashionably inspite of her heroic injuries had just poured lemonade, Fritz lifted his mask just above his (possibly broken if the swelling and pain were anything to go by) nose and drained the glass of it's contents quickly before putting the glass back down and taking another from the counter which he slowly began to sip on while walking slowly away from the kitchen and going back to the small corner and the chair he'd occupied for the night.

Dropping himself into the chair and wincing a bit as he landed on his sore back (though to be fair, everything at the moment was sore) Fritz sighed as he recounted the events from yesterday. First, he'd fucked up big time when trying to figure out who the bad guy was when fighting an elephant and melted piece of plastic, then he'd gotten his ass whooped by said piece of melted plastic while the ACTUAL bad guy got away, then the media picked up on the story making his first major apperance in a media outlet besides the Daily Bugle an overwhelmingly negative one, then he'd had to go hide himself away in Avenger's Tower which, while cool was ALSO very overwhelming seeing as everyone besides maybe the one lady who was here with just a bow and arrow was ten times more useful than him, ten to top all that off he didn't know the wi-fi password which not only made his stay very boring, but also meant he couldn't shoot his proffesor an email to tell her he was going to miss class.

"Dammit why can't I catch a break? All I wanted was a cup of coffee and now I'm hated by everyone in Manhattan..."

Fritz went to take another drink of lemonade only to realize he'd run through his second cup as well. With a sigh Fritz slowly stood up, hearing the cracking of joints and feeling his body strain and all the sore spots come to life. Walking back towards the kitchen, Fritz picked up yet another cup of lemonade and saw the bug lady who had become Manhattan's least favorite person alongside him the other day sitting on the counter top nibbling away at a cookie. Seeing nothing else to do and realizing he'd need some way to prevent awnsering anyone who asked where all the lemonade he'd had went, Fritz approached her, leaning against the island opposite to her, "Well if it isn't my partner in crime. So uh... how's the tower treatin ya ever since we made fools of ourselves on national television? It sure is large in here, gotta lot of food and stuff."

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo
aka Wally Jones
interactions: Loony_Bin Loony_Bin sitanomoto sitanomoto Archon Archon
"Hey, homieeees!" Turbo screamed as the doors to the Avengers Tower common place burst open. Dark clouds hid his lower body, a bright yellow glow radiating from where his hips should've been, and faint blue sparks all around. Turbo's body propelled forwards, his legs revealing out of the smoke as he flailed wildly in the air like a round out of a cannon, and surprisingly landed softly on two feet. As anyone in Avengers HQ knew, Wally hardly ever had the balance to land one of his "jumps," as he called them. He was currently in his suit, a shiny metal and green armor, with a glowing orange set of goggles and silver accents. Unlike the rest, he had his school bag still on his back, smoke rising slowly from the bottom of it because of how he'd chosen to enter.
tumblr_pgp7l8xxHy1vuqixn_540.jpg

"Ah... It was a new one too." He said softly, glancing back at his partly burned school accessory. Thank the Lord for his short-term memory, as he'd soon find something else to go on about.

"Anyways, guys I saw you all in the streets. I watched the clips from my phone while I was stuck at school. Natalie's portal, and Lydia you helped get all those civvies out of the building." His eyes bounced wildly as he spoke about each one of his teammates. "Ollie, you were absolutely sick against the furry guy, and err... Fritz..." He glanced towards Shocker's direction, eyes wary as he spoke. "Hey, at least you went viral though."

A soft poof sounded as a light beige cloud rose up around his feet, his body bouncing gently towards the kitchen. He only awaited to hear his teammates' answers as he opened the fridge to find the last of the lemonade he'd bought. "... Guys, where's my lemonade?" Wally squinted down at the fridge, as if the jug would be hidden in the smallest of the fridge cracks. Perhaps Robin had hidden it.

Yes, if you were wondering, Wally had done nothing to further the conversations prior to his arrival. He was like that. Hey, they loved him for it though!

Last edited:
Pat woke up with a splitting pain I'm his head although he awoke he kept his eyes closed, it felt like he had a bad hangover. At least his companion had decided to stay quiet thankfully, he finally opened his eyes and what greeted him put a confused frown on his face, he was locked in a high tech looking cell. "What the hell..." he muttered to himself as he finished processing where he was, His hangover-like state had been alleviated slightly and he could begin remember bits and pieces of the preprevious day. He remembered fighting the mammoth and not munch else.

after another five minutes of holding holding his head in his hands and feeling like a train wreck. He remembered remembered what happened. The first guy had come back with someone else, a lady if he remembered correctly, and then had attacked him instead of the mammoth, and had given him time to escape, it made his blood boil even thinking about it and he stood with a start, frown turning into a scowl. He walked over to the clear barrier that was keeping him isolated, and tested it with his palms. It flexed a little, but he doubted if would break, he was somewhere far more advanced than some normal prison.

He backed up four steps before he took a step forward and threw a front kick attempting to knock the barrier down, the contact that his foot made with the composite plastic made a resounding boom, but it held. He inspected where he had aimed his foot, not even a crack. He let out a frustrated groan and started pacing trying to think of a way to escape. He thought about trying to beat the door down with his suit, but decided against it, he didn't know what would be waiting on the other side of the door after he broke through.

He looked around the room for anything else besides the bed and saw a camera. He looked up at it before flipping it the bird and turning around back to the door. "
LET ME OUTTA THIS DAMN CELL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES." he yelled, seething that the stupidity of others had gotten him into this shit show of a situation.

@ Anyone in the tower

Pity Party. Yaaaaaaaay.

Robin sat on the counter in her tiny form, a cookie sitting next to her. Her mask was off for the time being, sitting next to her on the opposite side of her cookie. A tall glass of lemonade was next to her, too, with a crazy straw in it and a chunk of the cookie was in her hand. The best part about her powers was that she could literally make these cookies last for days if she wanted to. She looked up at the towering figure of Fritz and smiled.
"I'm pretty sure no one would mind if a chicken breast or a steak or two went missing. Cooking night isn't until next Tuesday, anyway." She smirked.
"Heh. Large living? You don't know the half of it, pal." She took a munch of her cookie chunk. "Mm. Well, I mean, the tower's treating me fine. Basically a home away from home. Cassie's always been the best about letting people stay and sharing the fridge and stuff. Have you met Cassie yet?" Robin took another bite. "My family's had a history of being hated before, so this is nothing new. Y'ever heard of Scott Lang?" She set the cookie chunk down. "The guy who sent all of those assets back to customers, and drove the CEO's Bently into his swimming pool, and then went to jail for it?" She smiled. "Dear old dad. Plus, he had a lot of backlash about my older sister and custody over her, and my Grandpa blamed himself for my grandma's disappearance into the quantum realm, and... Well, there's a lot of family baggage." She sighed and put her hands on the counter, thankful that she wasn't openly recognized by that many people in public. "I meant to apologize to the sym-buddy, but I haven't really gotten the chance to--"
Wally ran in, rambling as usual, and then queried about his lemonade. Robin waved from the counter. "Hey, Wally. You know what they say. 'No such thing as bad press.'" which is totally bullshit, but whatever. She thought. "The glass of lemonade with the crazy straw in it right there is up for grabs. Didn't get the chance to enjoy it, yet. I'll getcha a new jug of lemonade when I can. If I ever feel like showing my face in public again." Despite Robin trying to remain upbeat and positive about her situation, the fact that she royally fucked up at the expense of someone else was clearly weighing on her. She attempted a smile, though. "Anyway, there are Chewy Chips Ahoy in the pantry, if that'll help make up for it."
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin fin fin
~~~~

"Please refrain from attempting to do damage to the cell." Friday began as Pat pounded on the door.
"I'm sure someone will be here soon to let you out, but until then, please sit calmly." She ran a couple of bioscans on Pat, just to make sure he was okay physically. "Are you hungry? I could always put in a request for food until someone else gets here." She offered.
Cassie's hospitality program that she installed in Friday might actually come in handy here.
Midrick Midrick
~~~~~
Hung up on you

Andromeda blinked as Max hung up on her quickly. "O...kay.... bye then...." she said quietly. Honestly, she was glad he picked up.
Harris the office cat, huh? She smiled a little. She would have to ask Max what he looks like.
NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Ollie Hammond
Avengers Tower​

Ollie was standing on a chair, looking around. It was new to him. A few days earlier, he was still in his so-called room, reading some books his mother gave him. Those memories, of simpler times, brought a slow feel nostalgia. At least her knew where to go or what to do, but now, it was all unknown to him. Taking a rather deep breath, he glanced at his arms, then at the others standing around. Who knew that he would get involved in a crazy robbery by a villain.

All the things came back to him in waves. The bank robbery, the bank collapsing, then, the last scene he remembered before he realized that it was over. Him trying to catch the villain. Even the anger and what he felt came back to him. Hatred, a need to attack and eliminate his target, the inability to control his movements. It was all too unreal and too creepy for him to try and comprehend.

Ollie almost jumped up when Natalie addressed him and Lydia. "O-Oh. I'm alright. J-Just trying to piece together what to do now." Ollie said, a natural smile on his face. "I mean, I can't just go back to where I came from. I don't even have an idea where that place is. Eh, probably mister shades will come searching for me. Or mo-" The word brought back a memory of his mother smiling at him, followed by a yell. Shaking his head, Ollie wanted to say something.

The sudden opening of the door made Ollie stand up and go on all fours, as if ready to pounce, but as soon as the doors came open, a boy started to speak wildly. Going back to his normal stance, Ollie looked at the guy talking without stopping, before he addressed Ollie. He blushed and looked to the side, scratching his arm. "I-I mean, thanks i-it was nothin-" Ollie stopped as soon as he saw the guy go towards the fridge. Turning to Natalie, his blush now subsided, Ollie continued to scratch his forearm. "Uhm, hey, N-Natalie? Can you help me with calming down my nerves, l-like you did in the alley? I-I kinda went into the same kind-of fury when I was on mission so I was thinking you could help me, please?"

Archon Archon Pyosimros Pyosimros Loony_Bin Loony_Bin fin fin

Octavia
Simulation Room

Coming out of the initial test Octavia had felt a little at ends with her performance, however hearing that they had all done well was something that made her feel at least a little better. Listening closely as he spoke Octavia picked out several of the words that she felt were important. The concept of family was something she struggled with, she wasn't entirely sure if she was capable of it at the drop of a dime... then again becoming someones family doesn't happen overnight. Pushing the thoughts from her head she refocused and continued to listen. Looking around to all those standing near her she wasn't sure how to even begin to break the ice... then there was the issue of her being able to voice her opinion or even speak.

Raising her hand Octavia felt the awkwardness of the situation setting in. Looking to Jocasta she wasn't sure if anyone else even know ALS. Feeling at odds with the communication she began to sign out "Do we have another way for me to communicate?"

Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Weason Weason PlusUltra PlusUltra D3lmoniko D3lmoniko Safton Safton Chak Chak Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Last edited:

Jocasta
Interactions: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Turning her head alone towards the girl she gives the matter some thought before turning the rest of her body, while certain methods would be better than others for communication there would also be the matter of communications during the more hectic scenarios in which hand movements could be compromised. There was the option for her to allocate resources to auto-translating such in real time to communication links or merely handing them a device in order to do much on their own, the later speed depending on their words per minute of course. Glancing to the girl's fingers she starts to sign herself as she speaks

"Congratulations on your achievements so far Octavia, as for your query? given the limited time available thought to speech device, while most effective, will not be possible. Therefore the three options I can provide would be either handing out communication earpieces for the others to install and myself to translate your words in real time. The second option would be providing a stark pad device programmed with an advanced text to speech application...The final option would simply be for you to create your own non-verbal communication methods and adapt to the situation"
her hands stop moving before folding in front of them once more at rest.

Sean Summers
aka Corsair
interactions/Mentions: Archon Archon NanLia NanLia rencore666 rencore666
Sean's back was inclined against the front of the Harley motorcycle while he sped down the Manhattan roads in the direction of Hell's Kitchen. His hands tightened against the handle, eyes squinting past his ruby quartz glasses. The journey had stemmed from his office in the New York Police Department. There had been a metahuman attack reported to the police. Suspects mentioned: a large brute, crimson red armor, and super human strength. The second was a floating man who'd been able to control the weapons of various operatives set outside the bar. The suspect had fled after spraying bullets over the crowd. Casualties at the entrance of the building. This case seemed so personal to Sean only because he'd recognized the two descriptions from his younger days at Xavier. A place he'd tried to forget. The ties the Institute had with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants was uncanny. The group formed by Mystique and Magneto was always the rival of Xavier's own School for the Gifted, with morals set in all the wrong places. The brute mentioned was obviously the Juggernaut, Harris Daniels, though the latter. A reincarnation of Magneto? Sean was yet to meet.
scott_icon-2354.png

The Harley skidded to a hard stop against the gravel of road. Sean joined a small swarm of police cruisers on the street. The Magneto-esque mutant had sent a car in their direction which forced the police to slow down while the figure seemed to answer a call and entered the ruins of Josie's bar. His eyes widened, waving his arms wildly as he spoke, "It's not going to stop. Everybody ditch your cars and get on the sidewalk!" Sean yelled, leaving his Harley to help the last of the police officers out of their cruisers. The stray car collided with another police cruiser just as Scott had made it to the sidewalk, erupting in a hot explosion of smoke, sparks, and fire.

The squad chief approached Sean on the sidewalk, who instinctively pulled his badge out of the dark brown trucker jacket he had on. The older officer only waved the badge away, dusted off some ash from his jacket, and took Sean's right hand with force. "Chief Garcia."

He nodded. "Detective Sean Summers."

"They called ahead that you'd be coming, Summers. Not why you'd be interested in this particular case, but you have all my permission. Have you gone through the debriefing?"
Sean nodded slightly, "Two metas. A ferrokinetic, another Juggernaut. The victim is still unknown, but is likely with the Juggernaut, yeah?" The chief let out a deep grunt, patting his pot belly. "Good stuff, kid. We follow your order."

"Just, wait this out."
Sean said, turning his body towards the bar. "Letting them go could reveal more than if we really went after them. Plus, I'm not sure if your men are up to par with the powers they possess. No offence or anything, just a fair looking out." The Chief nodded. "We still don't know what they want with this guy and why now, so we wait." The other officer's readied their firearms, set on either side of the side walk. Sean's eyes were fixed on the gaping hole of Josie's bar.

Last edited:
Morgan
New York, New York
Terri Xavier's Studio Apartment

Holding her tablet up in front of her Morgan smiled widely. It had been almost two months since she had seen her parents, the recent influx of work coupled with her own crazy school schedule made it nearly impossible. “How are things going” Melinda, Morgans mother asked. “Okay, I am moving today. Well, I guess moving isn’t the word since they forced me on campus for my first year. Anyway, I haven’t had an incident yet.” She responded knowing her mother would want to know how she was holding up. “Good, I am glad things are going well. But, how are you holding up?” Melinda pressed Morgan. Hesitating for a moment she knew her mother could already tell her answer. “Try to let the thoughts pass…” Morgan could hear her mother sigh through the phone.

Ill be okay. I have someone who can help me… for once.” Morgan admitted knowing her mother would want to know everything. “So… tell me.” Melinda pressed Morgan. “Well, her name is Terri Xavier.” Morgan responded knowing her mother would make the connection instantly. “Oh, you mean the daughter of Charles?” Melinda continued “That's interesting.” Her mother responded making Morgan raise an eyebrow “What?” Morgan asked before Melinda changed the subject. “Alright, well I am glad you have someone who can help. I need to get going, I love you.” Melinda finished before ending the call.

Lowering the tablet Morgan stood a little confused, her mind racing to try and find out where her mother was going. Unable to find the needle in her mental haystack she instead refocused on her move. After awhile she finally had a grand majority of the things she needed heaped into an orderly mound no bigger than a doorway. Taking out her phone she went into her contacts before calling Terri. “Hey! Im ready.” Morgan chirped out before using her shoulder to hold her phone. Raising her hands it was almost as if she was gripping something.

Within a moment what looked like a tear began to form. After a few seconds Morgan was able to force it open. Looking straight through it she could see the front door of Terri’s studio apartment. However, what Morgan failed to notice was the portals orientation. Taking a step into the portal she felt it immediately, as if the world was flipped upside down on her she came out of the portal with her feet towards the ceiling and her head towards the ground. As she passed through both portals closed immediately after. The moment the portals closed she fell onto the floor head first, luckily the fall was only a few inches. If Terri didn’t know which room she came in, the noise of Morgan hitting the ground like a sack of bricks was sure to let her know. Laying on the ground with her chest to the ceiling Morgan reeled from the pain before speaking up "Im here."

D3lmoniko D3lmoniko

Last edited:
Theresa Xavier
Studio Apartment​

Terri was looking around her small studio apartment, looking to see if everything was in order. She loved to keep things tidy, especially since she would need to accommodate one more person. Letting out a rather tired sigh, she went to her desk, and picked up her psychology book. Right next to it, she smiled at a picture of her and her parents, with her father's face obscured. Looking at the book, she opened to where she last left it.

Before she could manage to read one line, she heard her phone ring. Putting her book down, she picked her phone up, smiling upon seeing the name. " 'Ey roomie! Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes to help you! Just need to get off some out-drags." She wore a simple grey t-shirt and a pair of yellow slacks. Suddenly, she heard a crash, and turned around only to see Morgan in her living room, looking up.

Terri sighed, put her phone down on the desk, and went near Morgan, crouching down near next to her, putting a hand on her head. Smiling, she took her hand off her head. "Now that you are not hurt, I can scold you. What in the bloody hell were you thinking luv?!" Terri raised her voice, though it still sounded calm and collected. "I will have to deal with this every time, will I? I know I weight 5 pounds wet, but I could've at least helped you carry one box or something Morgan."

She sighed again and this time stood down on the floor, looking at her boxes. "So... you sure you are alright luv? Do you need me to calm your mind?" Terri's expression was still cherrie, and her hand went on Morgan's forehead.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Natalie Strange
Avengers Tower

Natalie's sharp eyes brimmed with a turbulent intent, a sympathetic ply morphing interchangeably with a overtly hostile gaze as she locked eyes with Ollie. The pain and duress caused by the Crisis left her wary, whatever inner strength she had wielded so brightly was now boiled away, she lacked the strength to cast anything; her sympathy for the younger, more confused, male left her inherently conflicted. On the one hand, he was in clear distress, grasping for the method he'd experienced which helped. She couldn't fault him for that. But it appeared selfish, to demand aid of her, when she herself was in a similar state which would only worsen with the additional use of magic. Her features softened as she considered his naivety, shaking her head in resignation. "Fine," She muttered disheartened, minding the conversation between Robin and Fritz. Her steady - if somewhat sore - pace was interrupted by an overwhelming eagerness that infected the room faster than Turbo's speed, Wally was here and already droning on about the bank in a positive light, Natalie didn't dislike him, but he was far too energetic and irritatingly giddy.

"Hopefully you'll be there to help next time." Natalie stated matter-of-factly, her voice was level and betrayed no insult or ill-well, whilst she wasn't an initiated Avenger, the absence of the Big 3 made her a de-facto leader, as far as highest clearance goes she was next in-line. The events of the Bank Crisis weighed heavily on her, ultimately it was seen as a failure as the villains escaped, a simple fact that could've been avoided by more people on scene. Fritz and Robin weren't to blame, a symbiote is a threat to all.

"Easy there, tiger." Natalie warned as Ollie's predatory instincts seemed to kick in. Understanding the security threat that he realistically entailed with his inability to keep control was the last push, she knew he needed help. Right now, she was the only person capable of providing it. She dismissed the drink within her hand, placing the glass on the nearby future-tech table. With steady breaths, she clenched both eyes and - ignoring the nightmarish migraine conquering her mind - willed her connection to the spiritual plane to manifest once more and calm Ollie's inner-self. The spell was concluded with a sparkling light of grey. Not as strong as the brilliant white cascade that swarmed the alley; but she wasn't as strong as then, either. "Now I need to sit down..." Grimacing, she removed her hand from Ollie's arm and proceeded to plant herself on the couch beside him. Already, the TV was a cacophony of criticism and debasement from the most reputable media outlets in America, this... was going to be a long week.
Interactions - D3lmoniko D3lmoniko fin fin
Mentions - sitanomoto sitanomoto Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Harris Daniels
Hell's Kitchen - Josie's Bar

Harris, now unimpeded by the assassin-cross-mutant who'd aimed to seize Crossbones for herself, emerged from the disheveled rubble piled at what was once a Josie's Bar front - Crossbones flailing in his grasp.
"Who're you calling Fuzzy?" He questioned with a bemused smirk, absently kicking aside a stray block of concrete littered aside his foot. He'd heard the echoes of sirens in the distance within the bar - a sound he was familiar with - but emerging from the debris he spied a unit of Police Officers congregated upon the sidewalk at the opposite end of the street. As far as response times go in a hive of villainy such as Hell's Kitchen, he was impressed. "Isn't that cute?" Harris joked to Max, raising his free hand and waving at the brave warriors of the Law enthusiastically, regardless of affiliation, normal humans like them opposing metahumans like Max and Harris could only be described as brave. Stupid, certainly. But brave all the same. With a satisfied grunt, Harris dumped the Hydra Operative at Max's feet, the man's freedom short-lived as in mere moments he'd be bound in an inescapable cocoon of metal. Then, with the job done, he scratched his head; in famous Juggernaut fashion Harris' had neglected to put any thought towards what comes after the mission.

"So... what now?" He asked Max, followed by a nonchalant shrug. It was no secret that whatever the Police could muster in a place like Hell's Kitchen was hardly the elite of a crimefighting force, he saw no threat from the assembled Officers - none of which could compare to the grandiose might of Harris' power. Max's too, who's very gifts nullified entirely the tools of enforcement the world so dearly clutched on to. Which meant they needed to get away, or disappear, but that was a problem for Max to figure out - he was the one with the mobility, after all.
Interactions - NanLia NanLia
Mentions - fin fin rencore666 rencore666

POST-07
LYDIA LEMIRE
The hours following the events within the bank had been fraught with sores and unmotivation. For the most part Lydia had locked herself within her dorm room, binge eating various snacks while watching a back catalog of movies. It was a rather shameful state—one she herself disapproves of, however she deemed it as a necessary part of her path towards healing. While her physical health was not in any harm, her stomach area still proved to be a nuisance. Constant aches and sores trickled throughout her body whenever she attempted to perform even the most basic physical tasks, compelling Lydia towards a more lethargic routine.

Though given a short while to recover, Lydia had for the most part been healed. While she still experienced pain, it was to a much lesser extent than she had previously experienced. Coincidentally, this was also around the time she had been contacted again by Natalie. It was an invitation to visit Avengers Tower, and while Lydia would love to stay in her room and watch through mediocre flick after mediocre flick, an invitation to the tower was one she couldn’t refuse. Thus, she now is in her current position, sitting awkwardly upright on a couch within a room full of complete strangers.

“How’re you both feeling?” Natalie asked her from a massive computer.

“I’m…fine,” she responded with a short nod.

Within the room Lydia was uncharacteristically distracted. Her eyes drifted from person to person, futuristic technology to futuristic technology. There were many things around her that she had only previously seen on television. Everything just seemed very…foreign to her. Though as her mind began to drift off in wonder, it was suddenly focused again by a surprise arrival.

The doors to the common room burst open to reveal another stranger with some strange clouds in place of his lower body. Lydia’s heart skipped a beat, unsure of whether or not it was a friend or a foe for a split second. However, as he began to compliment everyone and his general comfort within the area, Lydia could only assume her was an Avenger or at least an ally to them.

“It’s no big deal,” Lydia murmured, rubbing the back of her neck.
----
Location - Avengers Tower (Common Room)
Interactions - Archon Archon fin fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back